gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 242
Total: 242

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 27 :: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 257071 times)
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2000 on: December 23, 2008, 04:24:04 PM »

WELL WHERE DID EVERYONE GO.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2001 on: December 23, 2008, 05:09:14 PM »

JUST SAW THIS.  FROM TODAY TO BE HUNG ON FRIDAY BY THE MAITRE D STAND.  SO VERY COOL.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=84084047

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=clay%20aiken%20231208&version=int

GWENN

ETA--I COULDN'T SEE IT, BUT ACCORDING TO THE CH, HE WROTE---FINALLY I'M FIRST AT SOMETHING. 

I LOVE HIM.

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2002 on: December 23, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »

At first I didn't think it looked to much like him but after looking at the pictures over & over
again it does resemble him especially the hair...I guess on a caricature drawing you can't expect them to get everything right like the eyes, the lashes, the nose, the lips, the defined cheek bones, but you got to admit he came close to getting the hair almost right.

What an honor for Clay..I hope when Barbara & I go Jan 4th that we will be able to go in Sardis and see the drawing.

Someone from CV was at Spamalot today to buy tickets for tonight so she walked over to Sardis to find out about the drawing and when it would be hung. They told her Friday.
Also told her it would be behind the Maitre'd ..As you enter behind the Maitre'ds desk there is a wall to the left,so Clay will be hanging to the right of him(the Maitre'd) That sounds as clear as mud to me.

Loved seeing the Getty & Wenn pictures..Of course there is much discussion on some other boards about his sweater & shirt,but heck he looked happy and gorgeous to me.  I was also happy to see that the Spamalot crew were there to support him...I think they love him almost as much as we do...I said almost!

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2003 on: December 23, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »

THE SWEATER IS OK AND THE SHIRT IS OK.  JUST NOT TOGETHER.

I LOVE THAT DAVID AND MERLE AND SEAN AND THE GIRLS WERE THERE.  I LOVE WHAT HE WROTE.  SOMEDAY I WILL SEE IT.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT CLAY TAKING A PIC WITH HIS I-PHONE.  HIS OWN PERSONAL CLACK.   bigsmile

AND IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE HE GOT A HAIR CUT. 

WHERE IS EVERYONE????  THIS IS BIG.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2004 on: December 23, 2008, 06:48:41 PM »

Gwenn~ I agree about the sweater...a turtleneck would have been a lot better ,or a plain long sleeve shirt ...Its quite apparent no one is giving him much advice on his dress of late, but my you've just got to love him.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #2005 on: December 23, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »

What an honor for Clay..I hope when Barbara & I go Jan 4th that we will be able to go in Sardis and see the drawing.
Just don't eat there. Trust me; I used to work there. Wink

Also told her it would be behind the Maitre'd ..As you enter behind the Maitre'ds desk there is a wall to the left,so Clay will be hanging to the right of him(the Maitre'd) That sounds as clear as mud to me.
That's where they put all the new caricatures. You'll see it as soon as you walk in.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2006 on: December 23, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »

Sunny~ We did eat there once, but I thought it was very over priced,and not to much of a selection..I was very disappointed.. Barbara and I liked Johns Pizzera, and of course there's always Juniors.  I also like the Stardust, my DH and I ate there several years ago.

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2007 on: December 23, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »

Sunny~ How often do they do caricatures at Sardis, and how do they decide who to honor?

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2008 on: December 23, 2008, 07:42:26 PM »

Sunny~ How often do they do caricatures at Sardis, and how do they decide who to honor?
They don't do them quite as frequently now as they did originally. (The caricature thing started in the late 1920s. Vincent Sardi hired an artist to come in and draw caricatures of the Broadway stars in exchange for a free meal. They used to be drawn as the artist looked directly at his subject. But in later years, with later artists, they would work from one or more pictures, bringing the finished portrait to the restaurant from their studio.)

Today, there are over 1000 caricatures in the collection. But unfortunately, having one's portrait hanging at Sardi's is not the great honor it once was. The restaurant is no longer a heavy hitter in the theatre district. It's gotten old and run-down, and keeps going mainly because of its name.

As for how they pick whom to caricaturize, they go by who's hot... who's making a splash on Broadway at the current time... getting critical and box office attention. They hang up pictures of who they believe people will want to come in and see.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2009 on: December 23, 2008, 07:48:26 PM »

Sunny, then they definetly got this one right.... yay   for Clay... HE'S THE MAN!

Thanks for the explanation.... I remember when I was younger and a big movie star buff that I always heard so much about Sardis, and I always thought it as a magical place, I guess thats why I was so disappointed when I went there, because it wasn't anything I had imagined it to be.

I'm proud Clay was one of the chosen few...I'm so proud to be a fan.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2010 on: December 23, 2008, 07:57:18 PM »

Marlene...lots of hugs to you, girlfriend...glad you are back home, resting.

Sardi's caricature...I think it's adorable, just like our guy!...and doesn't he look tickled too!...so pleased...I am so delighted to see him seem lighthearted once again...there was a time when that energy was pretty absent for him.  I agree, Gwenn...this is a big deal...when I finally got to Sardi's last spring, I wanted to go explore each and every caricature!  ...forget bothering the patrons...hee... and BTW Sunny, I have to agree...pass on the food...oh, I think the salad and dessert weren't too bad...but the entree...eek...not good, and not cheap, either!!

Is there a book out showing all of the drawings...I'd love to view them.  Some real contributors to the world of entertainment are included...

And...what does Clay mean...finally first at something...first of the idols?? too cute!

Are you all done, wrapping etc?  I've got to straighten the place after plastic containers of ribbons/gift bags and all are strewn around every which where...where's my maid when I need her/him??

Shelley...thinking of you CA buddy!...so glad you were able to make to NYC in time!! ...and I had trouble getting on the site that same night, too

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2011 on: December 23, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

I do believe that if my eyes are not deceiving me that Clay is wearing the same shirt for the Sardis caricature signing that is in my avatar picture... That was GFI , right?

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2012 on: December 23, 2008, 08:23:58 PM »

Goodnight all...

This has been a great day for the Claynation, lots of new pictures to drool over and talk about, plus I got to hear Clay on the radio..Can't get much better than that...(Other than a tour.)

Hi Johanna    Santa wave

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2013 on: December 23, 2008, 09:08:18 PM »

There are new pictures at wire image of Clay,but I can't get the link to work.  I am now going to bed.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2014 on: December 23, 2008, 09:34:44 PM »

Those of you traveling, take care...brrrr...baby, it's cold outside!!...I heard on the radio that various states are saving money on clearing roads from snow...and salting the streets...particularly in Illinois.  One learns something new everyday,  I had no earthly idea, how much it cost to keep up with snow removal.  Okay...here goes the cynic part of me now...how about drafting the prison population to do this...earn their keep. Speaking of excess $$$$...you'd think CA would have plenty...ah no...we're suppose to run out of funds in 2 months...holy moly...this began as a post to stay safe...oops if it sounds political...oy!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2015 on: December 23, 2008, 09:50:26 PM »

A FAUX BLOG HOLIDAY GREETING FROM CLAY:
QUOTE ("WinkyDink") AT CH
Santa arrived early, and he left this Holiday Faux-Blog!

I would like to take this time to wish my fans whichever of the following applies!

Merry Christmas! Many of you, in the spirit of the season, have given me gifts for my son Parker, and I thank you. I was kinda surprised, though, at the gifts for “Baby’s First ‘Spamalot’ Finale”, “Baby’s First Tabloid Story”, and “Baby’s First Recession.” [Memo to Jaymes: Please post at the OFC that the “V” in “IVF” does not stand for “Virgin”. Thanx!]

Happy Hanukkah! I can safely wish that, as I recently learned I have one Jewish fan. At least, I hope that Peasant is a fan!

And Happy Kwanzaa! [Memo to self: Find those red, black, and green striped socks. Thanx!]

SOOO many comments have lately been attributed to me that even I am wondering which to believe! HAHA! [tmCHA] I DO recall saying, in that recent and well-secured Chat, that I will be releasing another CD of covers, because “A Thousand Different Ways” is my favorite CD. [Memo to Clive: Thanx!] I do not recall, however, adding the word “soon”, just so’s y’all know! [Memo to OFC Admins: Post a contest for an autographed CD for the member who predicts the exact release date. Reject all entries guessing “2009”. Thanx!]

In that same Chat for Charity, someone asked me whom I’d like to tour with, and I replied, “Kelly”. I will bet that everyone thought I meant Clarkson! HAHA! [tmCHA]

As for the absolute latest gossip, let me just say that time will tell. Or TMZ. Or an ex-wife of David. [Memo to Jaymes: Do not buy pickles and ice-cream in the same store. And zip up! Thanx!]

I also want to use this holiday Blog to say I hope to see many of you duffers in Florida! Who knows? Maybe this round I will even play a few holes! (You stop right now!)

It is true; I will be sad to end my run in “Spamalot”. But I am trying to look on the bright side of life: For the first time in a year, I will see different faces every day. And I do not refer to the cast! HAHA! [tmCHA]

Finally, as 2008 comes to ITS Finale, as y’all watch DAUGHTRY!!!11, Cook, Archie, Ace, or whoooo-ever (except Taylor. HAHA! [tmCHA]), I want to thank all of you---my loyal, generous, and dues-paying fans---and wish you all a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
c

Mood: I feel happy!
Listening to: Some songs recommended by Jaymes to cover

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #2016 on: December 23, 2008, 10:55:25 PM »

Hi all Santa wave
Just landed...ok, actually got back from New York an hour ago.
Trying to catch up reading the boards but in NYC time it's really almost 2 am so
will have to stop and catch up tomorrow.
I did see the Sardi pictures though - how awesome for Clay!
More tomorrow!
Shelley

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2017 on: December 23, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »

[Memo to OFC Admins: Post a contest for an autographed CD for the member who predicts the exact release date. Reject all entries guessing “2009”. Thanx!]
Laughing Laughing

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #2018 on: December 24, 2008, 03:46:21 AM »

I THINK PART OF THE PROBLEM IS THAT USING CLAY'S NAME JUST GENERATES HITS ONLINE.  HITS = MONEY.  BUT I THOUGHT CNN WAS A REPUTABLE NEWS CHANNEL.  IT ISN'T TABLOID.  IT ISN'T ONLINE CRAP.  THAT IS WHY IT BOTHERS ME.  I DISMISS nonameblogger AND TMZ AND ALL THE SUPERMARKET STUFF BUT THIS JUST IS TOO ANNOYING.

GWENN
I've noticed that CNN's sense of journalistic integrity has been on a downhill slide the past few years. They blame their leaning toward tabloidism on ratings, saying "people would rather tune in to sensationalism than straight news," and that they're "just giving the public what it wants."

Roll eyes

Says alot for the public, doesn't it?

Marilyn, thanks for bringing over that faux blog.  Wonder if we'll get a real one.

Glory, go meet that man.  Ya never know.

I may not get back on the board today, so I will take this time to wish all of you a wonderful Christmas.  Claymaniacs means alot to me, and I love and appreciate all the friendships I've made here. 

Merry Christmas!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #2019 on: December 24, 2008, 05:08:48 AM »

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ONE AND ALL!   Santa wave

I lurk more than I post (too much on the RL plate at the moment), but I love you all just the same.

Here's to having fun and enjoying Clay Aiken in 2009!  :cheers Throw in Reed Kelly and I will have another drink!   cheers2 Love those EYES.....and the bendy legs are not to bad either.  Ha ha! 

Blessings to all and be safe!  Santa wave

Ms. Hip Shake  bigsmile

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx