gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 27 :: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 256938 times)
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 07:47:10 AM »

Just saw GMA interview - we west coasters are the last to see everything!!

Oh it's so good to see goofy, silly, funny, happy Clay. Diane wanted him to be brooding and tormented! Laughing

That's our Clay! And I loved him singing to Parker and also talking about not wanting too much specifically for your children because you'll be disappointed. Also that he was concerned that his grandmother's friends would treat her badly when they found out. That's Clay - worried about other people.

Can't wait to see more with Jaymes tomorrow. THAT's the part of the interview I really want to see.

Off to work and smiling. Clay is still Clay!
Shelley

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 07:54:01 AM »

wave  Good Morning! I am off and running again, so I just brought my OCD post over. For those of you who do not know, Woody (Woodstock) is having gall baldder surgery today:

I was not able to get on site earlier  either - as Woody said - maybe we were down and did not even know it!

I think Clay did well on GMA - I am relieved that Diane did not trash him too much, except for that crack about his "middle aged" female fans - that always makes me so mad!!!!!!!! Clay has fans of all ages - and that is a slap in the face (again) to younger fans.

Woody -   Good Luck with your surgery today - we will be praying for you, and will be waiting to hear from you or a family member.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 08:31:04 AM »

Thread title - I vote for:

"there.  you got your answer"  now let's move on.

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
claydevotee
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 08:37:57 AM »

wave  Good Morning! I am off and running again, so I just brought my OCD post over. For those of you who do not know, Woody (Woodstock) is having gall baldder surgery today:

I was not able to get on site earlier  either - as Woody said - maybe we were down and did not even know it!

I think Clay did well on GMA - I am relieved that Diane did not trash him too much, except for that crack about his "middle aged" female fans - that always makes me so mad!!!!!!!! Clay has fans of all ages - and that is a slap in the face (again) to younger fans.

Woody -   Good Luck with your surgery today - we will be praying for you, and will be waiting to hear from you or a family member.

Thanks for bringing this over, FRANKIE.  Thoughts and prayers a successful surgery and quick recovery for our WOODSTOCK DEBBIE!

As to Diane Sawyer's referral to Clay's fans as middle-aged, I'm flattered to be counted among those who are "middle-aged"!!!  Laughing  These days I'm feeling quite ooollllldddddddd!   (J/K)

EDIT:
Now seriously, I wish all future interviewers of Clay Aiken would be advised ahead of time that Clay's fanbase extends far beyond "middle-aged" ladies.  Maybe this could even be written into the contract for the interview?  I believe that all age groups are represented quite well here on Claymaniacs. 
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »

IT FELT SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT LAUGH AGAIN.  AND LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW HAPPY HE IS.  HE IS GENUINELY HAPPY.  I AM BEYOND HAPPY FOR HIM AS WELL.

I HOPE THOSE OF YOU STILL UPSET ABOUT THE "LYING " THING NOW UNDERSTAND THAT HE WAS PROTECTING HIS MOM AND GRANDMOM.  I ADMIRE HIM FOR THAT.

JUST LOSE THE GLASSES.  I WANT TO SEE HIS WHOLE FACE.  JUST FOR A LITTLE WHILE.

AND LISTENING TO HIM SING TO PARKER AND WATCHING THE BABY.  OMG.  IT IS JUST THE  MOST BEAUTIFUL THING IN THE WORLD.  A MAN AND HIS CHILD.  SEXY TO ME.  I DON'T CARE IF HE IS GAY.  HE IS STILL SO HOT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »

CHECK OUT THIS INTERVIEW WITH JAYMES.  I REALLY LIKE HER.  WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20228644,00.html

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 08:45:41 AM »

I feel so spoiled with the availability of clack. I went to bed late last night but still set my alarm for 7 am fully intending on getting up to watch GMA. Well, 6:54 came around and I thought "you know, I need sleep more than I need to see GMA, besides there will be clack and I can catch it later". I turned the alarm off, rolled over, and slept Laughing

I just got the clack from clackunlimited.com and watched it. I think it went very well. It was good to see Clay so relaxed and happy. I'm glad Diane didn't browbeat Clay about anything and just let him talk and say things the way he wanted.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »

Scroll if you wish..

I am too excited not to share..

Val (my friend's son) was discussed on the red carpet at the emmy's..

Watch UGLY BETTY tonight..

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20045108_20223651,00.html?bcpid=1767981825&bclid=1764764835&bctid=1809604465

Clay content...

This would be a great show for Clay to do....It is now being shot in NYC...

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »

I wonder how many others are going to come forward to say they helped or talked to Clay about his decision.

"Hey look everybody! It's the Bandwagon! It's rolling along pretty good, let's jump on board!"

Yeah, he looks like a bandwagon-jumper.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 09:08:06 AM »

I turned on my TV just when the interview started.  I was surprised because I didn't think it would be on until the second hour!!  I thought it went well.  He seemed confident even though there was some nervous laughter a few times.  I was reading on another board and someone thought he was being glib when he mentioned being a gay man at the very beginning of the interview.  I don't think he was being glib, I just think he didn't want to come across as apologetic or ashamed of who he is.  I hope everyone can truly understand that he wasn't trying to be deceitful by not telling his fans before this.  He obviously was taking his family into consideration, and was probably dealing with a lot of emotional stuff on his own.  I'm so glad that most of us are still here and being supportive of OMC.  He's the same man this week as he was last week, and we've always been proud of the man he is.  Well, back to getting caught up on my housework.  For this I took a day off of work!  

Debbie
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »

I hope everyone can truly understand that he wasn't trying to be deceitful by not telling his fans before this.
I think people often understand what they want to understand, and refuse to understand what they don't want to.

But, even beyond understanding is acceptance. Whether or not you can understand why someone does something, you can choose to accept it. Or not. And some of Clay's fans will have to make that choice, and they might come down on the side of "not."

I think the loss will be theirs. shrug

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »

This is probably old news to everyone else (I miss a lot!) but I just watched the E! News from last night - I had recorded it. And who was interviewed outside of the Schubert Theatre? MARILYN!!!!  I know somebody famous!  Laughing Clapping

And I thought Clay handled Diane very well this morning - better than any of their previous interviews. She may consider herself a friend, but she is a reporter first - you have to watch her!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 09:27:50 AM »

Can I second this?

Really like that interview with Jaymes! Thanks, Gwenn.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »

Can I second this?

Really like that interview with Jaymes! Thanks, Gwenn.

YES THAT'S A GREAT THREAD TITLE!!

Gwenn! I knew you'd come around regarding Jaymes  Wink
We get more of her tomorrow on GMA too.....Can you imagine being in her shoes???
Shelley

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »

Jaymes has been posting responses to fans on the OFC. Just quoting and making short answers BUT- very insightful for just a few words. I admire her more each day.

Have to run!!

And I was edited- ask Gwenn (thank goodness for some things I said not coming through) But for some reason they didnt post what I said about tabloids!!  Laughing

And for some reason they did not interview Gwenn- but they sure got to hear her opinion  lmao lmao

I LOVE YOU GWENN!!! Huggles

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »

I hope everyone can truly understand that he wasn't trying to be deceitful by not telling his fans before this.
I think people often understand what they want to understand, and refuse to understand what they don't want to.

But, even beyond understanding is acceptance. Whether or not you can understand why someone does something, you can choose to accept it. Or not. And some of Clay's fans will have to make that choice, and they might come down on the side of "not."

I think the loss will be theirs. shrug

Well said.  I really believe the old adage that you can't really judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes.  I have two gay cousins (one of each gender) and from the time they were young adults or even in their teens I thought they might be gay before I found out for sure.  One even got married to look "acceptable" and that ended in divorce after his wife found out he had been chatting on some gay sites.  I don't feel it was their choice to be gay; for whatever reasons, they just were.  Clay waited until now to let the world know, and he said he made his decision after Parker was born.  I'm still a fan, and I still hope to see him in Spamalot this time around!!  Back to my cleaning .... again.  I keep stopping back here!!

Debbie
mcraig2
SuperFan

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »

NO NO NO NO NO!  We still don't know his favorite color!   rofl

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »

Laughing  Clapping

claydevotee
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »

doh   lmao  How could we leave out such an important detail?  And BTW, welcome to the Critical Mass, mccraig!   Huggles

OK, so we have two excellent suggestions for the new title:

MAINER: "Clay on his way" 
                           OR
LORILOVESGOLF:  "There, you got your answer"!

Here is my contribution:  "Taking Our Fandom to the Next Level"   Paranoid

OKAY, back to yard work.   fall

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 11:52:20 AM »

I really liked that interview with Jaymes.  I may just start to feel differently about her.  But, whatever my feelings, she obviously loves Clay very deeply, as he her.  I can appreciate that, and I'm glad they have each other to lean on.  (Of course, he could have leaned on me.....I have much bigger shoulders). 

I enjoyed the GMA interview for the most part.  I'm looking forward to part 2 tomorrow.  I loved the People Magazine article, and can't wait to pick up a copy this weekend. 

Marilyn, on what thread at the OFC is Jaymes posting?

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx