gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 315
Total: 315

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 27 :: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 257076 times)
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1980 on: December 23, 2008, 12:21:54 PM »

Gwenn,

If the mouse died, maybe it means you're pregnant.

Oh wait, that was a rabbit!

Never mind. blush

SUNNY--I LOVE YOU. 

TURNS OUT WHEN BARRY CHANGED THE BATTERIES, HE RESET SOMETHING THAT SCREWED UP THE MOUSE.  SO I RESET IT AGAIN AND WE ARE IN BUSINESS.  I LIKE THE LAPTOP, BUT VISTA IS SO ANNOYING.  I CAN'T GET FLASH TO DOWNLOAD FOR SOME REASON SO I CAN'T GET YOUTUBES, ETC. TO WORK.  ALL IS WELL RIGHT NOW.

MARLENE--WAS SHE WRAPPING FOR HADASSAH?  MARION IS VERY INTO THAT AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS.  AND HOW DID THIS LEAD TO CLAY?  JUST CURIOUS.  ALSO, I AM HAPPY THE SURGERY IS OVER. 

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1981 on: December 23, 2008, 12:34:48 PM »

Marlene, can I tell you how proud I am of you?  Even under the stress of surgery, you're spreading the Clay love.   bigsmile 

Speaking of Marion, where has she been?

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
hnl97
SuperFan

Clay's Georgia Peach

« Reply #1982 on: December 23, 2008, 12:35:18 PM »

I'm wondering if the reason Clay's sexuality is still the focus of so many jokes and interviews is because he made it that way. I don't think he did that on purpose; that's just how it happened.

Coming out was obviously hard for Clay. Whether he meant to or not (and I don't think he did), he made it a big deal; he denied being gay to begin with and then came out with a big announcement. I don't follow other celebrities' lives, and I don't really remember how Elton John or Lance Bass came out, but I do not believe they cause the amount of controversy that Clay does. Maybe Elton John and Lance Bass were already comfortable with their sexuality when they became stars. Clay wasn't ready to share that part of himself yet, even though some people say they KNEW he was gay no matter what he said.

The media are also aware of how some of Clay's fans were/are shocked, upset, disappointed, etc. about Clay being gay. I think those two things (Clay's initial denial and eventual announcement and the fans' reactions) have caused the "gay focus" to continue. I don't think it will ever go away. I hate that for Clay because he is so much more than "That gay singer."     

Like many of you, I am glad Clay's name is still out there. It does come up a lot. I wish that mentions of him were more positive and not due to his sexuality, but at least his name is being mentioned.

"Baby, you don't know what it's like, oh, no, you don't know what it's like -- to love someobody, to love somebody, the way I love you........"
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1983 on: December 23, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »

Marlene- glad you are all done- you are a very special person!! Huggles Huggles

hnl- Clay didnt want to come out at all- and he should not have been forced to. He denied it in RS when he first came into the business-and then he did not address it or he skirted around it. This should never have happened-the media just became rabid when it came to Clay- and horrible things were done to him and said about him in the media, on blogs, etc.

He said he didnt want it to be an announcement. Because he had no input, people pasted that huge headline. It should never have been sensationalzed like it was- I hate that he had to go through that. As to SOME of the fans, well- we could have long debates about THEM.

But my knickers are untwisted and will stay that way (at least for a while). I am feeling good and have tons of work to do to get my Christmas Presents finished.

Sunny, you crack me up, girlfriend!!!

Gwenn
- glad you got your mouse back!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1984 on: December 23, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »

Maybe Elton John and Lance Bass were already comfortable with their sexuality when they became stars.
Oh, Elton John was a little too comfortable with his sexuality. He had relationships with men... women... and even a 13-year-old at one point. Paranoid

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1985 on: December 23, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »

NICOLE--GOOD POST.

I READ THAT CNN HAS A PIECE ON SURROGACY.  PUT RICKY MARTIN AND CLAY IN THE SAME CATEGORY.  SAID SURROGATES CAN GET $100,000.  WELL, YOU ALL KNOW I AM NOT A HUGE JAYMES FAN, BUT FOR HEAVEN SAKE, SHE IS NOT A SURROGATE.  SHE IS PARKER'S MOTHER.  SHE IS NOT A SURROGATE WHO HANDED OVER A CHILD AND DISAPPEARED.  I THOUGHT CNN WAS A BETTER SOURCE THAN THIS.  ANNOYING.

MARION HAS BEEN BUSY WRAPPING FOR HADDASSAH.  IT IS HER PASSION AND SHE IS VERY ACTIVE IN THIS WONDERFUL ORGANIZATION.  I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT IT.  I BET THIS IS THE GROUP THAT MARLENE WAS TALKING ABOUT EARLIER.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
hnl97
SuperFan

Clay's Georgia Peach

« Reply #1986 on: December 23, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »

hnl- Clay didnt want to come out at all- and he should not have been forced to. He denied it in RS when he first came into the business-and then he did not address it or he skirted around it. This should never have happened-the media just became rabid when it came to Clay- and horrible things were done to him and said about him in the media, on blogs, etc.

He said he didnt want it to be an announcement. Because he had no input, people pasted that huge headline. It should never have been sensationalzed like it was- I hate that he had to go through that. As to SOME of the fans, well- we could have long debates about THEM.

Marilyn, I agree with you. He has endured more than his share of criticism and cruelty. I'm not saying what happened was his fault at all. I'm just saying that I think his sexuality has and will continue to be a focus because of the way it all happened.

"Baby, you don't know what it's like, oh, no, you don't know what it's like -- to love someobody, to love somebody, the way I love you........"
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1987 on: December 23, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »

I THINK PART OF THE PROBLEM IS THAT USING CLAY'S NAME JUST GENERATES HITS ONLINE.  HITS = MONEY.  BUT I THOUGHT CNN WAS A REPUTABLE NEWS CHANNEL.  IT ISN'T TABLOID.  IT ISN'T ONLINE CRAP.  THAT IS WHY IT BOTHERS ME.  I DISMISS nonameblogger AND TMZ AND ALL THE SUPERMARKET STUFF BUT THIS JUST IS TOO ANNOYING.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1988 on: December 23, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »

Marilyn, I'm not quite sure I understand about Clay not having any input on the People magazine cover.  He gave the interview to People.  I'm sure he realized what the headline would be.  IMO, you don't give an interview like that to a tabloid/magazine, and not expect that headline.  And, no matter how you slice it, it was an announcement.  Should he have had to do that?  NO.  But, he did it for his son's sake.  I admire him for that and so much more. 

hnl, Lance Bass was forced out of the closet by nonameblogger, etc.  His poor mother read it on the internet.  Have no idea about Elton John.   

MICKI  

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1989 on: December 23, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »

Gwenn, I must have missed something.  What did CNN report?

MICKI  

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #1990 on: December 23, 2008, 01:46:32 PM »

Gwenn~ It was for Hadassah..The only difference ,if I understood it right ,is that they charge to wrap, where the TBAF accepts donations, is that correct?

Marlene

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #1991 on: December 23, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »

Oh my gosh!! I have a 1000 posts... Pamela would be so proud...thats a lot of hunting & pecking folks!

I am now a superfan !  fruit    yay

What a GREAT DAY this has turned out to be!

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #1992 on: December 23, 2008, 01:55:05 PM »

Clay is very sexually to me,oh excuse me, you said his sexuality, my BAD! bigsmile

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1993 on: December 23, 2008, 01:59:54 PM »

Clay is very sexually to me,oh excuse me, you said his sexuality, my BAD! bigsmile

:)  Huggles

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1994 on: December 23, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »

MARLENE--YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT.  HADASSAH HAS A VERY LARGE AND PROMINENT HOSPITAL IN ISRAEL THAT THEY SUPPORT. THEY DO INCREDIBLE WORK AND NO ONE, JEW, CHRISTIAN, OR ARAB IS EVER REFUSED TREATMENT. LOTS OF RESEARCH.  MANY OF THE MEDICAL BREAKTHROUGHS STARTED THERE. SO THEY DO CHARGE BUT FROM WHAT MARION HAS TOLD ME, MANY FOLKS COME YEAR AFTER YEAR AND MANY DONATE MUCH MORE THAN THE CHARGE.

AND I FIND CLAY VERY SEXUAL AS WELL.  I COULD CARE LESS IF HE IS GAY.  HE IS HOT TO ME.

CONGRATS ON 1000 POSTS.  I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS.  Wink

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1995 on: December 23, 2008, 02:04:08 PM »

Marilyn, I'm not quite sure I understand about Clay not having any input on the People magazine cover.  He gave the interview to People.  I'm sure he realized what the headline would be.  IMO, you don't give an interview like that to a tabloid/magazine, and not expect that headline.  And, no matter how you slice it, it was an announcement.  Should he have had to do that?  NO.  But, he did it for his son's sake.  I admire him for that and so much more. 

hnl, Lance Bass was forced out of the closet by nonameblogger, etc.  His poor mother read it on the internet.  Have no idea about Elton John.   

I think that if People had been more tasteful- the headline would not have been YES I'M GAY!!!! in huge letters. they could have posted-Clay acknowledges rumors, or something less IN YOUR FACE. But thats what sells magazines etc. I meant he had no input as to what the headline would be,. Of course he knew that it would cause a rumble but thats what happens with him.

I admire him too, Micki- not that you could notice, though- I am very circumspect and decorous.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1996 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »

GWENN I SAW THAT ON CNN THIS MORNING I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT SINGLE DAD'S, OF COURSE I WAS HALF ASLEEP.

WELL I AM A COOKING FOOL JUST MADE A FRENCH SILK PIE NOW ON TO MY RED VELVET CAKE, NOT SURE WHEN ANYBODY IS COMING SO WANT TP BE PREPARED, Laughing HAM THAWING,THINGS WILL BE DONE BY GOLLY. lmao

TALKED TO A FRIEND OF MINE IN INDIANA HER HUBBYS DAD WANTS TO MEET ME.THINKS I SOUND FUNNY. ROFLMAO MAKES ME FEEL OLD BUT HEY, ITS A MAN. Paranoid COULD BE A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN OR ONE FROM THE OTHER PLACE. TIME WILL TELL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1997 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »

I admire him too, Micki- not that you could notice, though- I am very circumspect and decorous.

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

MARILYN, THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN AGES.

TALKED TO A FRIEND OF MINE IN INDIANA HER HUBBYS DAD WANTS TO MEET ME.THINKS I SOUND FUNNY. ROFLMAO MAKES ME FEEL OLD BUT HEY, ITS A MAN. Paranoid COULD BE A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN OR ONE FROM THE OTHER PLACE. TIME WILL TELL.

GO FOR IT, GLORY.  YOU NEVER KNOW ABOUT THOSE OLD GUYS.  LOOK AT "GRUMPY OLD MEN."   Naughty Clapping Wink

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1998 on: December 23, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »

I THINK PART OF THE PROBLEM IS THAT USING CLAY'S NAME JUST GENERATES HITS ONLINE.  HITS = MONEY.  BUT I THOUGHT CNN WAS A REPUTABLE NEWS CHANNEL.  IT ISN'T TABLOID.  IT ISN'T ONLINE CRAP.  THAT IS WHY IT BOTHERS ME.  I DISMISS nonameblogger AND TMZ AND ALL THE SUPERMARKET STUFF BUT THIS JUST IS TOO ANNOYING.

GWENN
I've noticed that CNN's sense of journalistic integrity has been on a downhill slide the past few years. They blame their leaning toward tabloidism on ratings, saying "people would rather tune in to sensationalism than straight news," and that they're "just giving the public what it wants."

Roll eyes

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1999 on: December 23, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

GWENN
I've noticed that CNN's sense of journalistic integrity has been on a downhill slide the past few years. They blame their leaning toward tabloidism on ratings, saying "people would rather tune in to sensationalism than straight news," and that they're "just giving the public what it wants."

Roll eyes

VERY SAD. 

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx