gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 417
Total: 417

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 131 :: The Cozy Cottage  (Read 158890 times)
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 03:59:35 AM »

Hello Charlene... wave

This Ray Stevens video montage is of a song he recorded a few years ago, a satire of sorts on those call-in radio shows with women psychiatrists and doctors giving out marital advice and the like. I appear acting like i'm hearing something bizarre on my cell-phone...

THE LADY ON THE RADIO

I'm going to screen-shop eBay. Screen-shop is a word i just made up where one window shops on-line...you look at items on your computer's screen but you don't buy anything.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 04:54:21 AM »

PRISSY, SET ME A PLACE SETTING I WILL BE AT YOUR HOUSE FOR DINNER!  Grilled steak, baked potato and strawberry/blueberry cobbler!  Yummmmmmmmm, my favorite, there is nothing better!!!!!!!!

AC, read your posts and always enjoy them.  I may not comment on them as sometimes I don't have anything intelligent to add, but I do read them and find some useful information and they are always entertaining.

Off to the Farmer's Market this morning to get some fresh Michigan Corn, I got some last week and it was beyond fabulous, a special type called extra sweet and it sure is.  The cobs are very long and very slender and mostly white, tons of husks on it that keeps the cob from drying out I guess, (I know that is more than you wanted to know), than over to my son's house for a while to try and let him get some things done.  Daughter in law works weekends, 12 hour shifts as a registered nurse, and you sure can't get anything done with Preston , he is fast crwaling on those knees.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:40 AM »

FRANKIE, you make me ashamed of my self when I don't take time to post here.  As busy as you are you still take time to come and tell us hello and show your concern and affection for us.   Huggles  I can't believe you made lasagna for dinner.  I don't like to make it when I have nothing to do, a lot of work.  Please tell me it was the frozen kind.  Sure wished you could have gotten someone to mow that huge yard of yours while you had all this extra work to do.  Make sure you and Lewis keep checking your blood pressure to make sure your healthy.  Did you meet the new electrician yesterday?????  If so what did he say?

AC, forgot to mention I also love the new name of "The Cozy Cottage"  so glad you think of it that way.

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 05:13:09 AM »

I just posted this on the NFL Thread...but some don't stop by there until the thick of the season...

It's almost NFL time again!!! I am hoping Cincinnati does a decent job this season. Last season was a nail-biter and i'm looking forward for the time to come where I won't have to sit on the edge of my seat watching Cincinnati. Of course, I don't really sit...i'm laying on the floor in front of the TV watching football games...but Cincinnati can never put any of their games away and that's a big reason why they're always nail-biters.

I don't watch the pre-season games. A team can either be bad or good during pre-season and then perform the opposite during the important games. I think pre-season is only good for scouting potential talent or cutting no talent prior to the regular season. It's a statistic lover's heaven, exhibition games, and I'm not a big follower of sports statistics as I am music statistics, ironic enough.

September 7th is the first game of the 2008 season. They play all but one game on Sunday. The one exception is a Thursday night game on the NFL network. The game will be carried locally on the Cincinnati station, too. That game will be against the Steelers of all teams! The few times Cincinnati gets national exposure and they play a rival. The worst part is, the Thursday night game happens on November 20th, 4 days after their Sunday afternoon game against the Eagles...so in addition to having to face the tricky Steelers, Cincinnati will also have to deal with a short four day rest-up period between games. Pittsburgh will take advantage of Cincinnati's lack of rest I bet.

Cincinnati plays the Cowboys on October 5th. That will be a late game, 4:15 Ohio time. Here's the 2008 NFL schedule for Cincinnati...

SEPTEMBER:
Sun.     7     @ Ravens     1:00 PM          CBS HD
Sun.    14    TITANS    1:00 PM       CBS HD
Sun.    21    @ Giants    1:00 PM       CBS HD
Sun.    28    BROWNS    1:00 PM       CBS HD

OCTOBER:
Sun.     5     @ Cowboys     4:15 PM         CBS
Sun.    12    @ Jets    1:00 PM       CBS HD
Sun.    19    STEELERS    1:00 PM       CBS HD

NOVEMBER:
Sun.     2     JAGUARS     1:00 PM        CBS
Sun.    9    @ Texans    1:00 PM    CBS
Sun.    16    EAGLES    1:00 PM        FOX HD
Thu.    20    @ Steelers    8:15 PM     NFL Network HD; WLWT-TV channel 5
Sun.    30    RAVENS    1:00 PM       CBS

DECEMBER:
Sun.     7     @ Colts     1:00 PM        CBS
Sun.    14    REDSKINS    1:00 PM    FOX HD
Sun.    21    @ Browns    1:00 PM       CBS
Sun.    28    CHIEFS    1:00 PM       CBS

Quote from: Pepe
I may not comment on them as sometimes I don't have anything intelligent to add, but I do read them and find some useful information and they are always entertaining

I have had several people say this to me off and on for years and it's always puzzled me to some extent as to what I say that's so brainy to where others feel they're "not intelligent enough" to add much of anything ROFLMAO  Paranoid

See, I'm clueless if my posts come across too brainy since I've never felt what I say is rocket science or anything...it's just me being myself. I've never thought about how my posts sound to others No! Oh!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
mimi2
Claylicious

How do you Measure a Man?

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 06:08:43 AM »

AC -
I agree, RCA would be wise to have Clay record a Broadway Favorites...it would be perfection!!!!  Clay must be happy....Obama pick Biden...he was going for Biden before he pulled out of the race.

"When this ride is over, I won't stay in L.A. I'll go back to Raleigh. That is my plan, and I am ready for it."
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 06:16:02 AM »

AC, thanks so much for all the info on football this fall!  Yoweee  I can't wait.  I am tired of watching baseball since April and the Detroit Tigers have proved very, very disappointing.   I find the information you post very interesting and I said what I did about intelligent remarks is because I don't read and find out all the things you do.  I comment when I have something to say like how I love George Jones and Leann Rhimes!!!!  But your interest lies in the music field and my interest seems to lie more in FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am out the door, have a good day!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 06:22:52 AM »

Good Morning,

I found my picture of a "cozy garden cottage" that I took when we played a wedding at the Dallas Arboretum.

(Clickable)

Just a quick hello to wish everyone a great Saturday.  No weddings :violin this weekend, but I hope to get caught up on some things.

Big Hug!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 06:35:48 AM »

Hi everyone. I am just now getting up. I have to go to the dollar store and get some things. Dog food and stuff for the house. My sisters dog lucky or as I call him lucky monster or lucky fuzzy bottoms. He is about 13. He is very sick so I took him to the vet. The vet said he had a high temp, and gave him a shot to bring it down. They wanted to do blood work but I could not afford that so they put him on antibiotics and a anti inflammatory. I hope he will be OK.

Well tropical storm fay came and it rained. I had to drive home in the darn rain.

Work sure has been busy.

I hope everyone is OK. I will catch up when I get back from the dollar store.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 06:53:01 AM »

wave

Good Morning! I just woke up, and I went to sleep at 8:30 last night - it's been a while since I slept 12 hours!

Things are going better at the house. Lewis met with the old electrician to fire him, and he actually started to work. Yesterday he finished everything except hanging two ceiling fans, hooking up the second hot water heater and the dishwasher (he can't do either of these until the carpenters and plumbers do a couple of things), hanging one more light fixture in the hallway, and installing three recessed lights in the kitchen. He did n=more in one day than he has done in a week before. It should take him only one more day to completely finish. The plumber is coming Monday, so we may be home in a week!  Clapping

Meesa - I loved yesterday's Clay photo - happy to hear that your Sister is going home - I'm sure she will need your help with all of those little boys until she feels better.

Betty - glad the storm is almost over - and I'm happy about your plans for the Gala - all of you going are going to have a great time!  Purple Banana

Woody - thanks again for the new session - have a great weekend with Randy.

JoAnn - I know you are getting more and more excited about the trip!

Michelle - How wonderful you got to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. Special things like this usually make it to Memphis each year, and my Sister makes sure that we get tickets.

Carol -  Huggles I am so sorry you fell - glad nothing is broken. I'm happy, too, that the cats have stopped fighting.

Kat -  Huggles rest up this weekend so you can work hard again next week.

Prissy - I never made it to the DWTS thread, but I will! Your MOW route has really been cut back - it is so great that your area has so many volunteers, though.

AC - We have been so busy that I haven't had time to go buy the Cd - but I  will - I'll give it to Lewis for a "moving back home" gift. Lasagna is easy to make - I make more than one pan at a time and freeze it to always have something on hand to warm up!

Jan -  Huggles good to see you here!

Charlene - hope you are feeling better.

Pepe - wish I had some of that corn! Have a great day with Preston. I warmed up lasagna - but it was some I had made an frozen.

Mimi2 - I have not had the TV on this morning - thanks for the information on Obama's VP choice.

Shannon - hope your sister's dog is going to be O.K.

Lewis has been mowing grass here at the office - he is in now, and I am off to cook breakfast. See you later...........................

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 07:12:40 AM »

Just popped in the Cozy Cottage to say Good Morning. We have been outside picking
     up the debris and cleaning out the pool. Lots of stuff in it.

So Happy ttat Fay has left us, but hope no one else has trouble with her.
           We actually have some sunshine   but   our usual afternoon storm is expected.

The people who have lost  so much in the floods and tornados could
            use some prayers, also the families of the people who were killed.

Hugs,
                                                                         Betty

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 08:24:29 AM »

Good morning everyone!  wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 02:10:16 PM »

Carol,
              I hope you are feelimg better and no ill effects from your fall.
           Just cooking dinner..... barbecue chicken, Baked beans and   
            roasted potatoes. Brownies for cups of tea later. Corina loves
            Brownies.Come to think about it... I do too.

Nice morning but it has rained all the afternoon. Nice night
           to watch a movie

Wonder what Clay is doing??

Hugs,
                                                                       Betty
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 05:39:10 PM »

Well got home four hours again in the midst of a huge storm and the power went out and just came back on.  Had a great day giving my son a helping hand and hubby went to the bank for him, emptied the coins out of the laundromat and now brought home buckets of quarters to roll.  I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen made beds while son mowed the lawn and took care of his horse.  I will not even start to brag on Preston, he amazes us with what he knows and does at one  year old.  He is the cutest thing I have ever seen and his hair is starting to curl so cute.  What beautiful red blonde hair he has.  He loves trucks already and makes the noise of truck engines, I have never seen anything like him.  We talked about Preston all the way home .  He us our present for coming back to Michigan I think.

PRISSY, how wonderful you brought the cottage over it fits right in with "The Cozy Cottage".  WOnderful name and wonderful warm feeling here.  Glad you are going to have a slower weekend.  I remember Lolita loved the picture of that cottage.  I sure do miss that girl, she was so open, honest and sweet.  I do hope she is enjoying herself and staying safe with the storms.

FRANKIE, WONDERFUL, you got some extra rest and the electrician is actually working!!! Super Happy!!!    Your lasagna do you make it with Ricotta cheese?  We do not care for that so I use small curd cottage cheese in mine when I make it, and that is not often .  I usually make it once in the winter time but this year I just might make it for Christmas eve if I am able.    I love it !! 

I am off for the night, hope everyone sleeps well.

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »

Pepe,
             Go ahead and boast about Preston, why not? He sounds like a great little boy
             and I"m glad you got to enjoy him

By the way they just rescued 25 more horses and took them to safety. I am
             so glad they are taking care of the animals. The floods are so deep they need it .

Betty     
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »

Carol,
                 Hope you soon feel better. I"m with you , I hate swings, elevators and back seat in cars.
           I remember getting stuck in an elevator with my friend. I"m not big but she was really tiny
            and afterwards she said all she could think of was what she could do if I went berserk and panicked.
             I did"nt but I felt like it.
                                                             Take care.   
                                                                       Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »

Carol,
              Forgot to say you are welcome to join us for dinner.

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »

Frankie,
                 Hope this week goes by quickly and the men get a lot done for you.
       It will be wonderful to get back into your house.

Claudia and I have got our flights confirmed so we are set to go. They seem
         to be a great group and very busy for Clay.

Wish you were going with us.

Good Night,                 Betty
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »

I haven't had time to check in today.

I just wanted to let you know I did bring Roger home from the Hospital yesterday,and have been spending a good deal of time trying to figure out things for him to eat. His throat is very swollen, the Dr removed the uvula so I can only imagine how bad that hurts...When you can't swallow pudding or jello thats bad, but hopefully tomorrow some of the swelling will have gone down. It could be 3-4 weeks before he can swallow without pain..Thank goodness for the VICODIN.

Roger is a very good patient and never complains, so you never really know how bad he's hurting, but I can only imagine how bad it is.

Thanks for all your concern & prayers for us. It has really meant a lot ,and I love you all. :heartburst

Marlene Huggles

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »

wave

Good Night, OCD - I have tried to post twice, but have lost both posts - maybe a short one will go through! I will try to talk to everyone in the morning!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »

wave Good Night, OCD - I have tried to post twice, but have lost both posts - maybe a short one will go through! I will try to talk to everyone in the morning! 

wave You and Jan usually post the most about losing posts. That rhymed unintentionally. Anyway, does it have to do with the kind of computers you two have? It isn't an issue I wish to have but i'm always wondering how posts disappear since it's never happened to me...do you mean when you go to hit the "post" button that a blank page appears afterwards? Is it a dial-up vs cable internet thing? I know when I was on Web-TV light years ago I'd go and attempt to make a post and they wouldn't go through because the site was too flashy and filled with lots of pictures and things and those things slow down Web-TV and dial-up connections. Anyway, i'm curious what "vanishing" and "disappearing" posts mean and how it comes about.

AC - I agree, RCA would be wise to have Clay record a Broadway Favorites...it would be perfection!!!

Mimi2: Sometimes out of left field suggestions seem to happen...it would make sense to have Clay put out a CD geared at Broadway songs or newly written songs but the producers arrange them with a Broadway sound. The thing I think is another key element missing is a reputable record producer. Aside from Clive Davis, i had never heard of any of the successive record producers of Clay's CD's. I never even knew who Jaymes Foster was or David Foster upon hearing the names being spread around on the Clay sites. I know who Fred Foster was...he was the big producer for Monument Records in the 1960's and 1970's...he was one of the few people with the last name of Foster that I knew of in the music industry. The other being country songwriter Jerry Foster, who co-wrote a lot of songs with Bill Rice. Everyone made a big deal because of someone named Kipper being a producer of the latest CD...i'd never heard of the person before. On the back of the previous CD, "A Thousand Different Ways", it looked like he had a thousand different producers for each and every song. If and win Clay puts out another CD the record producer oughta have the freedom to say "Clay, this is what I want from you on this CD and these songs are what I want you to choose from to record.". That is how a successful record producer, in my opinion, goes about their job. They limit the song submissions from songwriters/publishers and pick the material themselves to submit to the artist. The producer shouldn't sit back and only do the technical work and let the singer have complete control over what they'll record because 7 times out of 10 the singer doesn't have the commercial vision that a record producer does and the singer ends up singing songs he or she likes instead of singing songs that'll be hits. Unless the singer is a rare exception and can function as a competent record producer, the singer shouldn't pick everything, which is how some newer artists want it. The main reason there's fan wars about Clive is because he was acting as a record producer should act and Clay was acting like a new singer wanting complete control.

Quote from: Pepe
I am tired of watching baseball since April and the Detroit Tigers have proved very, very disappointing.  I find the information you post very interesting and I said what I did about intelligent remarks is because I don't read and find out all the things you do.

I can't watch baseball and hadn't been able to since 1994/1995. The Cincinnati Reds have been exclusive property, as far as TV broadcasts, to Fox Sports Net...and I don't get that channel anymore. Anyway, baseball in my opinion is far better on the radio with the broadcaster describing the action but i do watch the World Series since it's broadcast on the national networks. Anyway, baseball isn't timed and so it can last and last and last for hours...up until they get the third out in the 9th inning. Extra inning games, in cases of ties, can prolong the game even more...so it isn't a sport for the fast and furious like football or basketball. In football and basketball there's a tie-breaker round and it's timed...in baseball, a game can go 15, 16, 17, or however many extra innings it takes to break the tie and that's the beauty of it. Cincinnati hasn't did too well, either...but their radio broadcasters make the games enjoyable to the ear when it may be too painful to the eyes if watching it on TV. Thanks for the explanation of the intelligent comment. 

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 94 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx