gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 131 :: The Cozy Cottage  (Read 159432 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1840 on: December 16, 2008, 06:41:37 AM »

Santa wave

Good Morning!

The ice missed us - it rained off and on all night, but never got down to freezing (it is just above). I am going out today to get the last of the food - we are having our Christmas with the kids this weekend - and they will be here all weekend.  Clapping

glory - glad to hear that you didn't get as much ice as expected.

Meesa - I was afraid you would be in the drive up window - hope you weren't facing the wind. Great Photo of Our Honey this morning.

Carol - you have a great Tuesday, too! Hope all of the cats are well and happy and playing with Christmas ornaments  Laughing

Jayne - what a good cause for a party - have fun!

Woody - Glad that things went better this mroning! Your tree sounds exactly like ours, except that we now add a photo ornament of each granchild every year. You will do that someday, too!

Pepe - I miss so many of ouyr members too - Lorraine could make a bad day seem good.
Happy Baking!

Happy Pink  Tuesday, everybody, as Lorraine used to say - see you later in the afternoon. 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1841 on: December 16, 2008, 07:41:54 AM »

Good Morning!

Just as quick post as I am heading out in a short while over to the west part of Fort Worth to play with the quartet and a flute player at a Woman's Club member's church.  They have a program of music while people stop by during their work day to have lunch.

We have had icy drizzle in the area but mainly east of us in Dallas County.  Skip said he had no problem getting to the USO at DFW Airport.  I want to allow myself time to avoid bridges and over passes.

It was 26 degrees this morning and we're only supposed to get up to about 33 degrees, so a cold one for us here in NE Texas.

Pepe,
I put a recipe in the Recipe Thread in FUN STUFF.  Cream cheese bars that a lady brought to the Pond Club Christmas Party.  They were delicious.

Frankie,
I don't know when we will have Christmas with granddaughter Ashley and Kayla is in Alabama.  So, I am trying to get everything ready and will be on the alert for a last minute family get together.  Often, we go out to eat and then come back for gifts and dessert.  Christmas Eve at my youngest sister's and Christmas Day in East Texas with our friends.

I think Christmas can be celebrated several times during the season and not necessarily on the 24th and 25th!

Santa wave to everyone checking in and have a great day!

Hug

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #1842 on: December 16, 2008, 08:41:08 AM »

Santa wave Good Morning! Hope everyone has a good Tuesday and stay safe and warm during this winter weather we're all having.

Having a gift exchange here at work later and made spinach dip to share around the office.

DH and I went to our baby basics class last night and it was interesting to watch DH learn how to put on a diaper, burp and feed a baby doll Laughing It was a good class.

Jules

Sing badly if you must, but sing
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1843 on: December 16, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »

OK SOMEONE WANT TO TELL ME HOW MILLERS SCHOOL BUS TENT WENT FROM BEDFORD IN WHICH IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO GO TO NY THEN TO OHIO.BACK TO BLOOMINGTON IN. ROFLMAO I FOUND IT GAVE THEM THE RIGHT ADDRESS. AGAIN. WHICH I GAVE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY NEED TO HIRE ME TO ROUTE THERE STUFF, OR MAYBE NOT. bigsmile

I FEEL REALLY GOOD TODAY  THE WIND IS NOT BLOWING AND I AM NICE AND WARM.IN MY LITTLE CASA, Paranoid

JULES GOOD TO SEE YA GLAD THE BABY IS DOING GOOD.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #1844 on: December 16, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »

Good morning everyone, Santa wave didn’t get a change to get back here yesterday, I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.

I haven’t read the back pages…Frankie, Pepe, Miss Carol and Miss Linda, thanks for the Christmas cards, Huggles I love everything each of you wrote in it.

I will read the back pages and see you all sometimes today or later tonight. Huggles

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1845 on: December 16, 2008, 11:46:49 AM »

Frankie,
                Did anyone else having trouble getting on line today? I was"nt able to
        connect until about noon, maybe it was the weather.

Shirl. called me this morning and I made her very jealous. I dreamt of Clay
          last night. We were sitting  on a couch talking for  long time,
          but I can"t remember what we were talking about . I do remember Clay
           gave me a big hug!!!  Dream on!!!   

I think we are winning the battle against the wet carpets. Let the

fan and humidefier run all night and day. It"s  amazing
           how much water the humidifier pulls  out.   

Have fun this weekend. I agree Christmas should be spread
         out  and enjoyed for longer than one day.

Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1846 on: December 16, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »

Pepe,
              Yes! I was tired this morning and stayed home to keep the fan and humidifier running.
            The carpets are drying, I"m working on my bedroom today.

Did"nt get much sleep because my kittie Sunny did not like the machines running
.         He roamed about my bed meowing and then laid on my pillow and kept meowing very
           loudly in my ear. Poor Sunny!

The tea is made, did you bake the cookies?? Hop on over.
                                                               Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1847 on: December 16, 2008, 12:17:19 PM »

Prissy,
               You lead a very busy and interesting life. Are you sure you only have 24 hours
       in your days?   

The cream cheese cakes sound delicious, I must go and look at the recipe.

Jeannie,
              I"m glad you and your son enjoyed the symphony, he is a very good son
           and it"s lovely that you are so close.

What a time you must have getting dressed and undressed. We don"t realize
          how difficult it is when we can only use one arm. I hope it gets less painful for you.

Good luck with Christmas dinner.

Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1848 on: December 16, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

Hi Lolita!
                  It"s difficult to keep up with everything at this time of year  .especially with
       all the company you have to take care of.
             See you later.

Meesa,
              Sorry you got stuck with the drive through, it must have been very cold.
             Thinking of Jonathan, hope he is feeling a bit better.

Betty
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1849 on: December 16, 2008, 12:29:17 PM »

Santa wave

I'm back! This is the first time I've gotten to go shopping alone this Christmas season. I spent an hour in Hallmark (and I knew what I was going for when I went in), and 2 hours in Super Walmart. I think I looked at every single thing in both stores! I hate to grocery shop - I only go a couple of times a month unless we are just desperate - so I really shopped for once. I think I have everything we well need well into the New Year  Clapping

Prissy - I love having Christmas spread out. As I've said 100 times here, Christmas is when we can all be together. To tell you the truth, I loved our young years when we were up early to see what Santa brought, but I also love now - sleeping late, having some special treat with coffee for breakfast, and then going around to see what Santa brought the grandchildren.

Jules - how fun that you and hubby are taking a class - my husband and I could have used one - I can't believe they actually let us take Amy home from the hospital - we knew nothing! But she survived us anyway.  Laughing I can't remember - when is the baby due?

Glory - I hope Miller's present shows up by Christmas! I ordered something for Laney's birthday at the end of January. They said it would not be shipped until after Christmas - it came yesterday.

lolita -  Huggles Shirl told me this morning that there is snow in California! She said she can look out of her windows and see snow on the mountains.

Betty - Shirl told me about you dreaming about Clay - I think Woody and Prissy have dreamed about him before, too! A water leak is such a mes - hope you are high and dry soon.

Pepe! I am cheating on some things for Christmas! Walmart had a round loaf of Hawaiian bread with spinach dip already in a container in the middle - I won't even have to cut a hole in the bread for the dip!  I want to be playing with the kids - not in the kitchen!

Back to getting the  food put away - everything is stacked on the table.

It was 34 degrees when I woke up this morning - now it has warmed up to 39!  Paranoid See all of you later!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1850 on: December 16, 2008, 12:29:27 PM »

Woody,
          Don"t know where this came from I just wondered if rubbing a litt le  vaseline on the
        door locks would stop them from freezing???Just a thought.

Betty

Glory,
             I"m glad you are feeling brighter today and keeping warmer.                 

Betty
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1851 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »

BETTY, glad you stayed in today and maybe got some rest.  Did you call someone to fix the toilet and find out what happened to it???

FRANKIE, oh I love that Hawaian bread.  Do you cut it in chunks and dip in the dip?  I want something easy to sit out so I am not always working.  Besides I am getting tired of big dinners.  Need a recipe for barbecue tiny meatballs and the pigs in the blanket and some dip.  THings like that would be interesting and I could just set out on the table.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1852 on: December 16, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »

My goodness where is everyone?????????  Just finished dinner.  I fixed some wonderful ground rounds with melted provolone cheese, grilled onions, pickles and lettuce on warm onion rolls and golden fried potatoes.  It really tasted good tonight.  Made cookie dough all day and it is in the freezer ready to bake next week.  I made Sugar cookies, Butter Ball cookies, Raisin cookies and Snickerdoodle cookie dough. 

FRANKIE, still no mail I am sad to report!!! 

cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #1853 on: December 16, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »

Hi everyone

It's been a while since I've been over here, but wanted to say a big Merry Christmas to all my friends on the OCD.  Frankie - I love reading your posts, and I see Prissy is as busy as ever.

Hi Betty - And hello to Glory too. Glory, you moved didn't you?  Do you like it. You can see how far behind I am.

Lolita - I went way back and found the pictures of your home. I can't believe you showed your parents a picture of my cookies. Wish I had been able to send you some to take to them.  How long were you gone, anyway and did you enjoy yourself.

Hi Shirley - Are you baking away? I just got my rub clean and I'll be baking for the next two days to get ready for a catering job Matt has coming up this Friday.

Lolita - thinking of baking, when I make pineapple upside down cake, I don't use the sliced pineapple. Found they there too hard to handle , so I use crushed pineapple instead. It comes out wonderful and easy to cut.
I start with a cake mix too, so , if you want the recipe, I'll pm it to you. Very easy, honey.

Hi Woody - couldn't pass up a chance to say hello to you.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1854 on: December 16, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »

Santa wave

We are just puttering around, and I thought I would check in.

Pepe - I'm going to have several trays of snacks out - Pepper Jelly(I saved a jar for me!) and cream cheese, sausage balls, candy - divinty and fudge, the spinach dip I bought today, Amy always brings Rotel dip and several kinds of chips, a vegetable tray, a chess ball, and a bowl of fruit salad. I bought some  shrimp today - may have those out on a tray, too.  I like them wrapped in a little bacon, sprinkled with paprika, and cooked under the broiler in the oven (just until the bacon is done). We are definitely going with the gumbo, and the ham. I may also make the smaller crock pot full of potato/cheese soup - Amy's entire family loves it. I think I will just get up on Friday and see what I am in the mood to cook! I will actually start cooking on Thursday - I will cook the chicken for the gumbo in a crock pot.  Clapping that you have all of your cookie doughs made ahead. I do the same thing with the sausage balls - I do not like them warmed up, so I have a bag of dough made up, and we bake a cookie sheet full as someone wants them. Your supper sounds great. We were not hungry tonight, so I just baked each of us a potato - Lewis had his with butter, sour cream, and grated cheese. I had margarine and mushrooms with mine.

It is very quiet here tonight - guess everyone is very busy this time of year.

Off to see what Lewis and the boys are doing - see all of you later.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1855 on: December 16, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »

WELL NOTHING NEW TO ADD BEEN A QUIET DAY HERE AND AT MY HOUSE. HAVE A NICE EVENING TTYL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1856 on: December 16, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »

FRANKIE, Pamela posted on the Recipe thread.  How wonderful is that.  She needs help with green beans!!! I do believe you are going to have enough to eat.  Lots of wonderful foods!!!!  Tell me what kind of bread do you eat with that gumbo.  Oh that is right you have to make potato salad don't you.  I love it but sure hate to make it. 

EVELYN, wonderful to see you here.  I know you can't wait till Bozena gets to your house.  When will she be arriving???

DUDLEY, the card was just beautiful, thanks so much!!!  Hope you are doing okay.  Are you having a big dinner on Christmas?

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1857 on: December 16, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »

Pepe,
            The reason for the flood was the water pipe broke. We were lucky because a
        friend of ours fixed it, he is a very handy man and like family so it did"nt cost us
        anything except the parts.
                     The carpets are just about dry thanks to the humidifier, hopefully Sunny
         will let me sleep tonight.
                                                           Keep warm and be careful if you go outside.

Betty
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #1858 on: December 16, 2008, 07:00:41 PM »

DUDLEY, the card was just beautiful, thanks so much!!!  Hope you are doing okay.  Are you having a big dinner on Christmas?

YOU'RE WELCOME  Huggles

DOING OK....BEEN BUSY GETTING READY FOR NEXT WEEK....FLYER SON COMES IN FROM CALIF TUES...JUST CALLED AND HE HAS BEEN IN HAWAII FOR SEVERAL DAYS THIS PAST WEEK THEN FLEW TO ALASKA FROM HAWAII AND BACK TO CALIF TODAY....WAS WARM AND BALMY IN HAWAII...AND WAS 20 BELOW 0 WHILE OUT WALKING AROUND IN ALASKA  .....ALWAYS GO OUT  ON XMAS EVE AND FIX A BIG DINNER FOR XMAS DAY....THIS YR WE ARE GOING TO FRY OUR TURKEY AGAIN....TRIED IT A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND IT WASN'T WHAT I LIKED BUT DECIDED TO DO IT AGAIN AND SEE IF I LIKE IT BETTER THIS TIME.....
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #1859 on: December 16, 2008, 07:56:19 PM »

LOST A POST AGAIN, AND IT IS ALWAYS ON MY LAPTOP AT HOME.

JUST HAD TO STOP BY AND SAY GOODNIGHT TO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE.
IT WAS A GOOD DAY TODAY. I ACTUALLY MADE OUT SOME CARDS AND DID A LITTLE BIT OF SHOPPING.
MY IMMUNE SYSTEM IS WAY DOWN AND I GET TIRED SO EASILY SO I JUST MADE IT TO ONE STORE. SO EVERY DAY I WILL GO TO ONLLY ONE STORE .

BETTY
HOW DREADFUL THAT YOU HAD SUCH A FLOOD. GLAD ALL IS WELL NOW.
BET YOU ARE EXHAUSTED FROM ALL THE WORK.

THANKS FOR ALL THE CHRISTMAS CARDS. IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL I HAVE AN EXTENDED FAMILY.

MEESA
YOUR CARD WITH YOUR BF WAS BEAUTIFUL AND YOU ARE SUCH A PRETTY GIRL. YOU MAKE A SWEET COUPLE ( I AM TALKING OF HER PICTURE WITH CLAY.)

I WISH I COULD INVITE YOU ALL TO COME TO STAY WITH ME DURING YOUR COLD SPELL, BUT AFRAID IT WOULD BE A LITTLE CROWDED. 

MY SON HAS A GIRLFRIEND.  bigsmile bigsmile
I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY AS SHE IS VERY NICE AND VERY PRETTY.
 I THINK THIS IS SERIOUS. THEY HAVE BOTH BEEN MARRIED BEFORE AND SWORE THEY WOULD NOT TIE THE KNOT AGAIN.
 BUT I THINK THAT THOUGHT WENT OUT THE WINDOW.
 LARRY IS MOONING AROUND LIKE A TEENAGER. CROSS YOUR FINGERS.

IN MY JAMMIES AND HEADING FOR BED.

LUV YOU ALL. Huggles

NIGHT THEA, COME OVER HERE MORE OFTEN

HUGS
JAN AKA JEANNE

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx