gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:55:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 26 :: Waiting to see what is next... (All Members Welcome!)  (Read 219075 times)
claydevotee
« Reply #2100 on: September 24, 2008, 05:28:56 PM »

In addition, now there is no need for snickering and laughing everytime Clay's name is mentioned.  I hope this will help him get more respect in his career.  That coupled with the big names he is impressing in Spamalot should open a lot of new doors for him.

So true, BARBARA!!!  I so wish Clay had "come out" much earlier in his career.  We will probably never know why he didn't.  

But there's no point in dwelling on the past, right???  Paranoid

MARILYN, I missed your "debut" on "E", as well.  Any chance of a U-tube popping up???
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #2101 on: September 24, 2008, 05:29:48 PM »

WilsonBarb wrote:
I guess the thing that has surprised me the most is that the OFC is actually very supportive toward Clay through this.

You and me both!

But I'm so glad, since he seems to check in there fairly frequently to see what people are saying.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
« Reply #2102 on: September 24, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »

Clay's a drama queen?

Rumormonger!  Laughing
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2103 on: September 24, 2008, 05:30:35 PM »

As for Jacob, I thought he wanted to go out and do his "own thing," and he and Clay found themselves at cross-purposes... and that Jacob wasn't able or willing to abide by his contract with Clay, so he was relieved of it.

cuz that always happen in the middle of a professional show...

Oh, I don't know what the final straw was--just the little bits and pieces that were said at the time. Yeah, right in the middle of a performance was a bit of a stunner. So what can we say--

Clay's a drama queen? tomato

HA! That's a good one Sunny....

and we have all seen the hissy fit and the coke machine...coulda been ugly.

Lora
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #2104 on: September 24, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »

wave Hi everyone. I agree with Gwenn on the glasses....just thought I'd throw that out there.

So here are my two cents. Listen to On My Way Here - the entire album from start to finish - I did that today on the way home from work. His entire life is on that CD - every bit of it -

On My Way Here - abuse, divorce of parents, being picked on, choosing faith over fear
Ashes - surviving all of the above
EIDK - tabloids and others speaking for him when he didn't want them to
Something About Us - love song (was there someone once? we may never know)
Falling - going from the private clay to the public idol clay
Where I Draw The Line - being hurt, setting boundaries
RM - title speaks for itself - maybe listen to this and think of Jaymes as his closest friend
WOTW - feeling he can't tell anyone who he really is
ALAWH - his humanitarian side
SL - this can go both ways - will the fans love me tomorrow? - or - will this person leave me tomorrow
GOG - walk a mile in my shoes before judging me
LOL - the possible sad truth of a love not yet fulfilled

Just something to ponder....

I still think based on seeing him at SD three times last weekend, that he has found his love for now in his child and his family with Jaymes.

I still wish for him that other love he so richly deserves...

I need to go blow my nose
Shelley

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2105 on: September 24, 2008, 05:31:54 PM »

We're gonna have to start a new thread soon. Anyone got an idea for a new title? And we should be careful--Waiting to See What's Next turned out to be a doozie! Laughing

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
« Reply #2106 on: September 24, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »

I still think based on seeing him at SD three times last weekend, that he has found his love for now in his child and his family with Jaymes.

SHELLEY, who knows?  Perhaps that's also "in the works", as well.   
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #2107 on: September 24, 2008, 05:34:48 PM »

SHELLEY, who knows?  Perhaps that's also "in the works", as well.   

I sincerely hope so!

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
mainer
Claymaniac

« Reply #2108 on: September 24, 2008, 05:35:19 PM »

Regarding Jacob, he arrived late the day of a performance -- and so he got sacked.  Clay seems to be very organized professionally, and has rules that apply equally to all.  I think the rules are that everyone has to be there the night before a performance, so there can be no chance of late arrivals on the day of the performance.  There are no prima donas and no exceptions.  Remember, Clay was a teacher -- you play, you play by the rules; if you disrespect the same requirements that the others all conscientiously meet, you're out.  I'm an employer.  This is how it is.

mainer
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2109 on: September 24, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »

I AM GONNA TAKE ON THE "LIES" THING SINCE i KNOW LOTS OF FANS MUST BE THINKING IT.  AGAIN I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.

FEELING THAT YOU ARE GAY IS STEP 1.  ACKNOWLEDGING IT TO YOURSELF IS STEP 2.  ACCEPTING IT IS STEP 3.  ACTING ON IT IS STEP 4. BEING OPEN TO FAMILY/FRIENDS IS STEP 5.  JUST BECAUSE CLAY FELT HE WAS GAY IN COLLEGE DOESN'T MEAN HE ALL OF A SUDDEN BEGAN LIVING A GAY LIFE.  HE MAY HAVE BEEN TOLD WHAT TO SAY IN 2003 DURING INTERVIEWS.  NOT SAYING HE WAS, BUT I BET HE WAS COACHED.  REMEMBER HIM SAYING THAT IDOL TAUGHT HIM HOW TO DO PRESS?  HE WAS A NOBODY.  HAD HE COME OUT AS GAY IN 2003, HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD A CAREER.  HIS "FANS" WERE NOT ALL THAT INVESTED IN HIM AT THAT POINT.  IT WOULD HAVE BEEN STUPID.  I THINK HE STILL WAS TRYING TO DEAL WITH IT ALL HIMSELF.  YOU CAN'T "COME OUT" AS HE DID UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLETELY COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN.  HAD HE COME OUT IN 2006 AFTER THE swampthing CRAP, ALL OF THE SLEEZE WOULD HAVE BEEN FELT TO BE GOSPEL.  WE KNOW IT WAS NOT TRUE.  swampthing SAID SO HIMSELF AT ONE POINT.

HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHEN IS THE BEST TIME?  USUALLY, IT JUST HAPPENS AS IT DID WITH HIS MOM AND BRETT. OR MY BROTHER WITH ME. BUT I DO NOT CONSIDER HIM A LIAR.  HE WASN'T READY TO CONFIDE IN US YET.  WITH PARKER'S BIRTH, HE KNEW HE HAD TO BE READY AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY.  HIS SON CAME FIRST. 

THAT IS A STRONG MAN NOT A LIAR.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2110 on: September 24, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »

I appreciate, in part, the media in telling us..

that whole "Brace yourself" comment I made regarding the Diane Sawyer interview sure turned into something..

Imagine "tuning in" and hearing it THERE for the first time, with your family, friends, coworker..dog, in my case.

I woulda scared my little dog for good because I am certain I would not have reacted quietly..

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2111 on: September 24, 2008, 05:42:24 PM »

Thanks Gwenn and Mainer for thinking out loud with me......

I do believe Clay was very guided in the beginning of the interview process after a few missteps.

I do believe that is why he later said in an interview that he was "naive"...when asked about early interviews...he answered them from his heart at the time, with what he thought he knew..

he isn't being faulted by me...regarding that.

Lora

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2112 on: September 24, 2008, 05:42:35 PM »

I AM GONNA TAKE ON THE "LIES" THING SINCE i KNOW LOTS OF FANS MUST BE THINKING IT.  AGAIN I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.

FEELING THAT YOU ARE GAY IS STEP 1.  ACKNOWLEDGING IT TO YOURSELF IS STEP 2.  ACCEPTING IT IS STEP 3.  ACTING ON IT IS STEP 4. BEING OPEN TO FAMILY/FRIENDS IS STEP 5.  JUST BECAUSE CLAY FELT HE WAS GAY IN COLLEGE DOESN'T MEAN HE ALL OF A SUDDEN BEGAN LIVING A GAY LIFE.  HE MAY HAVE BEEN TOLD WHAT TO SAY IN 2003 DURING INTERVIEWS.  NOT SAYING HE WAS, BUT I BET HE WAS COACHED.  REMEMBER HIM SAYING THAT IDOL TAUGHT HIM HOW TO DO PRESS?  HE WAS A NOBODY.  HAD HE COME OUT AS GAY IN 2003, HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD A CAREER.  HIS "FANS" WERE NOT ALL THAT INVESTED IN HIM AT THAT POINT.  IT WOULD HAVE BEEN STUPID.  I THINK HE STILL WAS TRYING TO DEAL WITH IT ALL HIMSELF.  YOU CAN'T "COME OUT" AS HE DID UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLETELY COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN.  HAD HE COME OUT IN 2006 AFTER THE swampthing CRAP, ALL OF THE SLEEZE WOULD HAVE BEEN FELT TO BE GOSPEL.  WE KNOW IT WAS NOT TRUE.  swampthing SAID SO HIMSELF AT ONE POINT.

HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHEN IS THE BEST TIME?  USUALLY, IT JUST HAPPENS AS IT DID WITH HIS MOM AND BRETT. OR MY BROTHER WITH ME. BUT I DO NOT CONSIDER HIM A LIAR.  HE WASN'T READY TO CONFIDE IN US YET.  WITH PARKER'S BIRTH, HE KNEW HE HAD TO BE READY AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY.  HIS SON CAME FIRST. 

Thanks for putting it so clearly, Gwenn. I agree with every word--just didn't know quite how to say it.

Absolutely.

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2113 on: September 24, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »

We're gonna have to start a new thread soon. Anyone got an idea for a new title? And we should be careful--Waiting to See What's Next turned out to be a doozie! Laughing

"out and about"

"the journey starts now"

"AHA! That explains the striped socks and funny clothes from time to time!"

nah..those probably aren't good ones..

claydevotee
« Reply #2114 on: September 24, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »

HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHEN IS THE BEST TIME?  USUALLY, IT JUST HAPPENS AS IT DID WITH HIS MOM AND BRETT. OR MY BROTHER WITH ME. BUT I DO NOT CONSIDER HIM A LIAR.  HE WASN'T READY TO CONFIDE IN US YET.  WITH PARKER'S BIRTH, HE KNEW HE HAD TO BE READY AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY.  HIS SON CAME FIRST.  

GWENN, since I don't read around much on the other Clay boards, I wasn't aware of that accusation.  That is so unfair on so many levels.  It seems there is a certain element among Clay fans who have appointed themselves the Supreme Court of Clay Fandom.  I get really annoyed with this arrogance and presumptiveness on their part.   AARGHGH.

Two scriptures (probably incorrectly quoted) come to mind.  

"Judge not, that you be not judged".  "Why criticize the mote in another's eye, when there is a beam in yours".  
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #2115 on: September 24, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »

As for Jacob, I thought he wanted to go out and do his "own thing," and he and Clay found themselves at cross-purposes... and that Jacob wasn't able or willing to abide by his contract with Clay, so he was relieved of it.

cuz that always happen in the middle of a professional show...

Oh, I don't know what the final straw was--just the little bits and pieces that were said at the time. Yeah, right in the middle of a performance was a bit of a stunner. So what can we say--

Clay's a drama queen? tomato

The one thing we don't know is what Jacob did - he may have been on drugs or something - and  clay protected him and acted like a gentlemen instead of throwing Jacob under the bus with the abcs of why. We don't know the whole story....just sayin'

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2116 on: September 24, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »

one other thing...

my google alerts have gone nuts over the past 24 hrs..

the COUNTRIES that are picking up this story is amazing to me..Australia, England, Thailand, all over..just crazy to me that they even know who Clay is..

Has there been any word from a Ruben, or a Kelly Clarkson?

anyone considered close besides Family..I saw David Foster response.

I saw Carmen R, Vanessa O and Ricky Smith interview..

any others I have deleted without looking at?

Getting kind of tiring.

Lora
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2117 on: September 24, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »

"Judge not, that you be not judged".  "Why criticize the mote in another's eye, when there is a beam in yours". 

Thanks, Dev. Those are a lot more accepting than many of the scripture selections I've seen tossed around on some boards today.

claydevotee
« Reply #2118 on: September 24, 2008, 06:00:03 PM »

Well, I'm off to hear the President's speech on the economic bail-off.   Blah blah blah I figure this is one speech that is worth my time.  We need some viable solutions.  This is getting quite scary.  Paranoid    

wave

claydevotee
« Reply #2119 on: September 24, 2008, 06:00:57 PM »

"Judge not, that you be not judged".  "Why criticize the mote in another's eye, when there is a beam in yours". 

Thanks, Dev. Those are a lot more accepting than many of the scripture selections I've seen tossed around on some boards today.

And I have a feeling I know which ones they are.....some have been taken out of context undoubtedly. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx