gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK July 28  (Read 13200 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« on: July 27, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »

wave

Good Morning! Good Luck to everyone trying for tickets to the Champions of Change Gala!  ticket stress ticket stress sucks!

Tickets will go on sale at noon Eastern time today (Monday) Here:

CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE

And answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Gala ticket sales can be found here:

GALA FAQ

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:15 PM »

Have I ever mentioned that over the last 5 years I have enjoyed seeing Clay in magazines?  Wink

Here is Clay's Rolling Stone shoot - it is so interesting to me to look back at how everything started for him - and to listen to his opinion of how his career would unfold - I wonder how his interview would be different if Rolling Stone talked to him again today.

ROLLING STONE SHOOT

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:46:28 PM »

Are you participating in the Broads' Video tournament? Click here to vote in the latest round - This Is The Night vs Lover All Alone (Houston)

LECHEROUS BROADS FOR CLAY AIKEN

luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »

Have I ever mentioned that over the last 5 years I have enjoyed seeing Clay in magazines?  Wink

Here is Clay's Rolling Stone shoot - it is so interesting to me to look back at how everything started for him - and to listen to his opinion of how his career would unfold - I wonder how his interview would be different if Rolling Stone talked to him again today.

ROLLING STONE SHOOT

Thanks Fhmmany2 - I'd forgotten about this clip. Memories! Wow.

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »

This is an old Blog - but I thought I would post it again, (even though Ticketmaster will not be involved at all!) since so many of you will be going through ticket stress today  Paranoid

There are some venues that don't use Ticketmaster. Instead they use a local ticketing company that has a mouse powered Commodore 64 as a server.
We always ask them if their system can handle us. They always laugh at the absurdity of our question. Then we crash their server in five minutes, in one case causing it to give credit card confirmations to the wrong people. They don't laugh anymore. Don't even get me started on phone orders. In one phone ordering presale, we crashed the entire phone system so that orders were being taken on the personal cell phones of the venue box office people. We hate to say we told you so, but we told you so.

Why do we do this? Why do we risk blood pressure, boss fury, credit card debt? Because there is absolutely nothing in the world that compares to Clay Aiken live. You get the voice in live setting, where he excels. You get the comedy show that is like a free bonus because he has such a quick wit and bawdy sense of humor. And he's touring again this summer. Mastering the Ticketmaster Tango is like grabbing the brass ring. And I like where that ring has been lately.

CONCLAYVE - TICKETMASTER TANGO

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »

I love to see Fan Art - almost as much as seeing Clay on a Magazine Cover - Almost. Here is a good collection - you have to click on each drawing's name to see:

ITS ALL ABOUT LOVE - FAN ART

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »

wave luluasst - good to have company tonight!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 09:08:09 PM »

This is a fun site - you can make all sorts of puzzles - could come in handy  for a game at a  concert preparty (and I hope we will be having lots of those soon!)  Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Try your hand at making a Clay crossword or hide a word puzzle - and if you make one, please post it here - I would love to see it!

PUZZLEMAKER

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 09:14:22 PM »

A look back at the AI Season 2 Top 5 singing together - and you can leave a comment about the Video:

Here’s a video of the medley that the top five contestants on the second season of American Idol performed.  I thought they did a great job but they were a really strong group of singers.  How can you go wrong with Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Kimberley Locke, Trenyce and Joshua Gracin?  It was a nice mix.

IDOLSTALKER

luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »

wave luluasst - good to have company tonight!

wave wave Hi back. I've been out of town so I am trying to catch up with everyone - haven;t been on since Friday at noon!  Thanks for the crossword idea. I use to actually make crosswords up for a job I had years ago....so I will tackle it!

Luluasst

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »

The very best thing about writing the News once a week is getting to visit all of the Clay sites and the Clay Blogs - there are so many talented people in the Clay Nation!  Clapping It has been a while since I visited the Generation Clay site - I should try to get there more often. I found this in their "Creative Writing" section. It is a little long, but fun to read - Not that I ever did any of these things!  Laughing  (You will have to scroll down to see it "in person" - but there are some great Clay photos along with the "12 Steps":

12 STEPS TO CLAY AIKEN ADDICTION
( Illustrated  edition)

by

Judy Simpson

(Note: There are no steps to recovery as no one wishes to recover.)

Step 1: The Dark Ages, aka PreClaystoric Times (ignorance, arrogance, apathy)

Clay Aiken? Who is Clay Aiken anyway? Wasn't he just some guy who lost on a reality show amateur-singing contest?
No one takes reality TV stars seriously, do they? Why did they promote a loser anyway? How good could he be? It's all just hype, right? He's just a nerd, right?

Isn't Clay Aiken the guy all the comics tell rude jokes about? If so many joke about that, it must be true, right? Isn't he the one critics say will never last? I only listen to professional singers, so why should I waste my time listening to him? Isn't he teamed up with that big, heavy-set dude? Isn't Clay Aiken the guy with all those crazy fans, the ones who call themselves Claymates? Aren't they just starry-eyed teenagers? Seniors, kids, middle-aged, too? ALL ages?! Males, too?.Claydawgs? How is that possible? What do they see in him? Why do his fans act like they do? Isn't his five minutes of fame up yet? Why are people still talking about him like he's some big deal? Wouldn't I hear him on the radio more if he's as good as they claim?

Step 2: Discovery and Captivation (the awakening of the senses)

THAT VOICE!!! Where is that voice coming from? Who owns that voice?
THAT'S Clay Aiken?!! That's the guy people have been raving about? When did he get to be so handsome? So sexy?

Was he always so tall? Where did that tall, slender man learn to sing like that? Is he for real? Could he BE any more real? Could he sound any better? Could anyone? Could he BE any more charming? sweet? funny? cute? sexy? honest? and all at the same time? Does he always talk that much? How could anyone call him a nerd? Why do comics think those jokes are amusing?

Step 3: Reality Check (disbelief, dismay, distancing)

What!...Clay Aiken was ONLY the runner-up on American Idol-2? Seriously? How is that possible? WHO sang better than Clay Aiken? No one?.but then who won the title? Ruben who?.and if he stuttered, why did he win? Why didn't more people vote for Clay? Why weren't more people able to get through to vote for Clay? Why wasn't there a recount of the vote? Why doesn't Clay care? Why don't his fans care? Why are they laughing over this? Oh, I get it.Clay is a winner where it really counts; Clay is the people's idol;
so, who cares?

Step 4: Back for More (the search is on)

He IS as good as they claim, so why don't I hear him on the radio more? Why can't I find his songs on the radio? He has recorded CD's, hasn't he? Where can I buy them? Why are so many stores running out of them? Why didn't they make enough? He sold HOW MANY?! Anybody have an extra copy for sale? Why do so many fans have extra copies? Why are so many fans giving away extra copies.to strangers? Who ARE these generous fans? What's Amazon.com?

Step 5: Reading to Learn (hearing The Voice in your life)

Book?! Clay Aiken wrote a book about himself? What could he possibly have to say about his life at such a young age?

How did he get to be so wise at such a young age? How could it not make the bestseller list? How could it not inspire people? Could it get any better? There's an audio version? What could be better than hearing Clay read it in an audio version? Wouldn't Dr. Phil love this book if he read it?.oh, he has and he does?

Step 6: Measuring the Man behind the Voice (no shortage of class)

Clay Aiken used to be a Special Education teacher? Clay Aiken still IS a Special Education teacher? He wants to make a difference? How can he be a teacher without a classroom full of students? He's known as a pop star so how is he going to make a difference? What is TBAF? Who is Bubel? Who is Gonzo and why are there camps named after him? Why did Clay take time off from his singing career to speak at the Pacific Rim Conference and at the Forces for Nature benefit concert? Why did Clay travel to Indonesia and Africa and address Congress on behalf of UNICEF? Why is Clay such a big hit with the children in those places he visited when they don't even know who he is? Why wasn't there more media attention regarding this like with other celebrities? Ronald McDonald House, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Toys for Tots, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF.how does Clay find time to actively help so many  causes? Could his fans BE any prouder of him? Could his classroom BE any bigger?

Step 7: Falling into the net (caught up)

If I Google "CLAY AIKEN" will I find a single fan site? No, not a "single one"?.How many fan sites ARE there?? Can I just check out the best one, or two, or three or.how many hours have I been on line? What day is it? What's a photo bucket? What's a message board? What's a cellcert? Can someone please cellcert me? Anyone want me to cellcert them? What's Clack? How do I download and save? How do I burn CD's? How many emails can I receive and send before I max out my mailbox? How did my email address list get so long? Where can I get a good deal on CD-R's, diskettes, inkjet cartridges, photo paper, digital cameras, iPods? How do I upgrade my computer to handle more faster?

Step 8: Clackrat (filling the void)

How did I end up with so much Clack.....with so many Clay Aiken photos, videos, CD's, T-shirts, pins, magazines, newspaper clippings, DVD's, etc., etc., and how could I possibly part with a single one of them? Anyone need extras?

Step 9: Sharing and Caring (Claying it forward)

Would I find out more if I joined a fan group? Can I keep up with my email if I join a fan group? How many fan clubs can I belong to at the same time? Can I trust these people? Aren't Clay's fans the nicest people? Aren't I glad I joined? Isn't it amazing how we share so much in common despite the distance between us? How is it possible that strangers "get" me and I "get" them? How can I think of them as strangers anymore? How can we make a difference? Wouldn't Clay be proud of us for trying? Didn't he say we should use our voices? Isn't it fun doing this as a group? Wouldn't it be fun to meet up at concerts? Why do I feel like I've known these people all my life? Could I have found a better group of friends were it not for Clay? Does Clay realize how he's brought people together, generated lasting friendships and enriched so many lives?

Step 10: The Concert Experience (taking the high road)

How do I get tickets? Anyone know the presale password? How do I upgrade my tickets to get closer to stage? Anyone need extra tickets? Can I take my camera? My cell phone? My video camera? Where can I hide them? Can Clay see my sign if I hold it up? Why must fans in front block my view with their signs? Why are fans screaming so loudly right next to my ears? Why am I losing my voice? Will my hearing and voice ever return to normal? How can he possibly sound any better live?.and yet he does, doesn't he? How can he keep getting better with each concert?.and yet he does, doesn't he? Why are the same people coming to all the concerts? How come they are at all the same concerts I attend? Why did I pay for a seat when I've been on my feet dancing the entire time?

Why are fans begging Clay to dance when he says he can't? Why does he grab his shirt like that? What is that move!? Where did he learn those dance moves!? Why does he say he can't dance when he obviously can? Is it just me or is it hot in here? Why is he looking that way? Why does it look like he's looking at me? Why am I so excited that he's looking at me? Did he just wink at me??!!!! Why is it so hot in here? Why can't I breathe? How can it be over already? When and where is the next concert and how do I get there?

Step 11: Meet 'n Greet 'n Thud ("something in the way.")

How did I get so lucky as to get a pass? Why is the line so long? Can't they hurry this up? Why are they rushing me? What's the big deal?.I mean, he's just an ordinary guy, right?.casually dressed in shorts, flip-flops, wearing a T-shirt layered over another T-shirt, WWJD band on his wrist, all shower fresh, slight stubble, hair still damp, no makeup, freckles, no sideburns, highlights in hair.why am I noticing all these details?

Why can't I take my eyes off him? Eyes? OMG! Could those eyes BE any greener? Is he looking at me? Is he speaking to me? Is there anyone else in the room? On the planet? My name? What's my name? How can I be expected to remember my name when he's looking at me with THOSE eyes?.THAT smile? Photo? What's a photo? Oh!.where's my camera? OMG! is he standing next to me? Touching me? What?!.time to go already? It's over? What did I say? What did he say? What did he smell like? What just happened? How could I have forgotten to get his autograph!? Who is that starstruck fan next to Clay in my photo and why does she look like me on drugs?

Step 12: Clayformation Complete (welcome to Clay Nation)

Did someone just call me a Claymate? Why do they think I'm a Claymate? Am I acting like a Claymate? AM I a Claymate? How could they know I'm a Claymate? How could I not realize I'm a Claymate? Are they mocking me or admiring me? Why don't I care? What could be better than being a Claymate? But I can give it up at any time, can't I? I don't HAVE to know where Clay is every minute, what he's doing, where he's going to be, what his fans are up to, when his next appearance is scheduled.DO I? Who am I kidding? What's happened to me? When did this happen to me? How did this happen to me? How can I ever thank Clay enough for what's happened to me?

Only one question remains: Are YOU a Claymate..yet?

GENERATION CLAY

luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »

The very best thing about writing the News once a week is getting to visit all of the Clay sites and the Clay Blogs - there are so many talented people in the Clay Nation!  Clapping It has been a while since I visited the Generation Clay site - I should try to get there more often. I found this in their "Creative Writing" section. It is a little long, but fun to read - Not that I ever did any of these things!  Laughing  (You will have to scroll down to see it "in person" - but there are some great Clay photos along with the "12 Steps":

12 STEPS TO CLAY AIKEN ADDICTION
( Illustrated  edition)

THIS IS VERY COOL! Where do you FIND all this stuff? I am amazed.[You are keeping me up at night.  Well, not you......but OMC.  ROFLMAO

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 09:56:24 PM »

I thought this was an interesting site - it checks demographics of people searching for things on the web - you are being watched!  Paranoid ROFLMAO Scroll down to see who is searching for Clay information - the numbers do not change in female searchers from ages 26-65 - we are all looking for him!  lmao

WEBMETRICS

And a different post on the same site shows which Clay sites receive the most hits - when this was posted one year ago, Claymaniacs was #5 (this is the most current Clay post for this site)

There's probably no bigger group of Social Networking music fans as those who congregate around Clay Aiken

By the way - using Compete.com's Search Analytics I was able to see the sites that get the most traffic on Clay Aiken's name:

1. clayaiken.com
2. clayonline.com
3. wikipedia.org
4. myspace.com
5. claymanics.com
6. claytonaiken.com
7. americanidol.com
8. imdb.com
9. clayreport.com

WEBMETRICS 2

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 09:59:16 PM »

luluasst - (by the way - who are you - I am Frankie) - the last time I checked (think it was yesterday) there were 1,400,000 Clay articles/sites on the web - it is hard to narrow down 15 or so every week - there is tons of Clay News out there - you just have to look! (And in time of extreme Clay drought, we have to look!)

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 10:04:14 PM »

Radio and Records Hit Predictor Chart - in May Clay was #44 - in June #10 - wonder if he will continue to go up this chart?

About The HitPredictor Artist Chart
The HitPredictor Artist Chart is a gauge of artist popularity, above and beyond song charts. Artist scores are affected by every aspect of an artist's career. Marketing, airplay, retail, print media, touring, TV appearances, the Internet and rumor all have an impact on chart performance.

HitPredictor Artist Chart Data is collected with the same strict attention to detail as all other HitPredictor research. A list of several hundred artists is compiled based on airplay and sales. The artists are rated by thousands of carefully screened music fans. Results are compiled weekly and monthly. The chart is based on a 100 point calculation that takes into account each artist's popularity and buzz, among the entire music listening population

RADIO AND RECORDS

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 10:07:14 PM »

Rate An Idol - rate each Idol - a new photo will show up as you vote, and Clay is there. He was only rated 7.3  out of 10 when I voted, so please give this site some votes!

CLEAR CHANNEL

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »

Clay's Wikepedia page has been updated to include the Somalia and Kenya visits:

WIKEPEDIA

luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »

luluasst - (by the way - who are you - I am Frankie) - the last time I checked (think it was yesterday) there were 1,400,000 Clay articles/sites on the web - it is hard to narrow down 15 or so every week - there is tons of Clay News out there - you just have to look! (And in time of extreme Clay drought, we have to look!)

Hi Frankie. My name is Shelley. Luluasst is my "work" name - I work for a writer and that's her nickname. I was a fan of OMC on day one but never joined OFC or anything until this year - crazy! How could I let 5 years go by on my own?!!!!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »

Lets check for Clay on TV - VH1 is looking ahead to August for a couple of appearances:

ROCK ON TV

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 10:21:05 PM »

And, as usual, TV Guide has found a couple more:

TV GUIDE

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx