gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:28:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (somewhat Clay related) *The one to mend my damaged heart* Rated PG  (Read 3660 times)
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« on: June 28, 2008, 04:39:16 AM »

Hi all! wave
Title: The one to mend my damaged heart
Author: Kelly/Claygirl
Rating: PG
Content Warning: none
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Clay Aiken, David Cook, American Idol, Idol Gives Back, Kyle XY, One Tree Hill, The Insider, TMZ, Spamalot, Broadway, Lionel Richie, Randy Jackson, US Weekly, Blake Lewis, Horton Hears A Who, Jim Carrey, Neil Diamond, Star, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Mariah Carey, Our Lady Peace, Ryan Seacrest, Michale Johns, TV Guide, and Entertainment Tonight or Dolly Parton, this story is pure fiction, written for entertainment only, and I receive no monetary gain or compensation for it.
Author's Note: This a fan fiction story about David Cook, but the main character is friends with Clay. bigsmile
I posted this over at a DC message board and got a lot of great responces, so I thought I'd bring it over here to share.
This is the very first time I've ever written anything like this, so be gentle. bigsmile

"The one to mend my damaged heart" Part 1:
"'Samantha McCall: Secrets of the pop phenomenon'.
Sam chuckled, shook her head, and tossed aside the copy of 'US Weekly' with her face on the cover. She couldn't stand seeing articles like that written about herself, they were pleasent and praising enough, sure, but they always ended up making her feel silly, self-conscious even.
'Beautifully petite, with deep blue eyes, and long luxurious red hair,' the article proclaimed, but sitting in her hotel room in L.A. with her hair pulled back in a ponytail, in her favorite old jeans, and faded 'All this and brains too!' T-shirt, Sam couldn't help thinking nothing could be farther from the truth, she just felt average.
She sighed, looking around her small room, and feeling completely alone, as she often did. She picked up her cellphone, she could call her mom, or best friend Clay Aiken, (but he was probably busy rehearsing,) maybe text her other close friend Candace...she sighed again, putting her phone away, She had nothing to say, nothing interesting to talk about, 'Hey, what's up? Nothing much going on, just sitting here feeling lonely as usual', didn't seem like the best conversation starter.
Ever since Sam had come in 4th on the second season of American Idol, she had had so many wonderful opportunities, the chance to do what she loved for a living, and actually be successful, platinum albums, a fashion line, and starring roles on two of her favorite television shows, Kyle XY, and One Tree Hill. The chance to meet people she admired and idolized, and be in a position to raise money for charities dear to her heart, but still she felt she was missing something in her life. That special guy to come home to, after long months on the road, someone to put their arms around her when she was feeling stressed, and to reassure her everything would be all right,...someone to love her.
Sure she was surrounded by people all the time who claimed to care about her, who called themselves her friends, but other then Clay and Candace, she knew if her career ended tomorrow they'd all be gone. None of them would stick around without the paycheck she gave them for their various jobs as her stylist, driver, album producer, etc.
But even though what she secretly craved and prayed for, was a meaningful, lasting relationship, she had vowed to never give her heart away again.
Sam had had only one past relationship, and that was enough for her. She met 'him' when she was 17, and fell fast and hard in love. They were together three years, even talked of marriage, before she discovered him cheating on her, and her worlds had come crashing down.
Sure, maybe something good had come of it, all that pain drove her so far from him, that she ended up states away from home at an Idol audition, and the next chapter in her life began.
But deep down, losing the one guy she had cared so much for, scarred her heart so much, she promised she'd never take a chance on love again, and so everytime a guy asked her out, she always turned them down.
Of course she would never give up the experience Idol had given her either, she really didn't know where she'd be right now, had she not auditioned. It had not only started her on a new path, but it had given her her almost inseparable, close friendship with Clay.
That show had turned out to be the best time of her life, and that was the reason she was spending her time off, between promoting her latest album and touring, flying back and forth from New York, (seeing Clay perform in Spamalot on Broadway, almost every night, she was so proud to see his name in lights,) and L.A. to watch the new season of Idol.
Everytime someone would ask her why she took the time to come see Idol live every week, every season, she told them it was because it gave her the chance to relive her time on the show, reflect on everything that had happened since, and that she loved seeing new contestants become stars, knowing exactly what they were going through. Besides, not wanting to distance herself from the show, like so many others, had it's perks, always getting a front row seat, the chance to debut her new songs on the show in front of millions, and an invitation to the top 24 party, where she was headed tonight."

"A Chance Meeting" Part 2:
"Sam arrived at the star studded Top 24 party, and looked around as reporters started screaming her name. She smiled, events like this were always fun, there was a line of photographers taking pictures, a crew from TV Guide was there, Entertainment Tonight was filming, and Sam spotted quite a few celebrities arriving too. Of course she began feeling a little uncomfortable too, big crowds really weren't her thing.
She began to mingle, shaking hands, greeting people she knew, (it was always nice to see the judges again, especially Randy, her favorite,) and doing a quick interview for the cameras.
Then she was ushered over to meet the new Idol contestants, who all had lots of questions for her, and acted overly star struck.
In the middle of all the commotion, Sam noticed one guy, one very cute guy, who seemed to be hanging back away from the rest of the party. He was standing in a corner, off by himself, hands deep in the pockets of his jeans, watching everyone else.
Sam noticed his piercing blue eyes, and the way his shaggy hair swirled over his forehead, and the almost shy look on his handsome face, and for a moment she couldn't take her eyes off him...
but then Randy pulled her away, wanting to introduce her to someone else.
The night went on, and Sam started feeling uncomfortable again, after she'd mingled and said a few words to everyone, she never did know what to do at parties like this, and would end up by herself feeling like a wallflower who was back in high school again.
She needed some air.
She walked to the exit, and found that cute guy, leaning against the wall, next to the door.
'Leaving before the party's over?' He asked in a deep but quiet voice.
'No, I just thought I'd step outside for a few minutes, get some air.' Sam replied.
'Some air sounds like a good idea,' he said, and moved to hold open the door for her like a gentleman.
Sam smiled, and was a little surprised as he followed her outside. She took a deep breath of the cool night air, grateful to be out of all the noise inside, and watched as the cool breeze blew a piece of hair across his cheek.
'So...how are you enjoying the party?' Sam asked, in an attempt to break the silence.
'Ah...I don't know. When I auditioned, I knew this would all be a part of the crazy Idol stuff, and I'm glad I made the top 24, but parties like this, people wanting to take your picture...it's all a little weird to me.'
'Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.' said Sam. 'I didn't realize you were one of the constants?'
'Yeah, I'm David. David Cook.' He said, offering her his hand.
She shook it and said, 'Nice to meet you David, I'm...'
'I know,' he interupted, 'you're the amazing Samantha McCall.' He said referring to all the commotion that had surrounded her back inside, and he smiled a lopsided sideways smile that made her heart beat faster, and her knees get weak.
She chuckled and put her head down, 'Oh, I wouldn't say that.'
When she looked up again, he was still smiling and looking right at her, and for a moment she felt lost in his eyes.
Just then Randy Jackson came outside, 'There you are girl! Come on, I have someone else I want you to meet.'
As Sam turned to go, David called after her, 'It was nice meeting you Samantha.'
She smiled, looking back at him over her shoulder, 'You can call me 'Sam' by the way.'"

"Always on my mind" Part 3:
"Every week Sam was front row in the Idol audience for the girls and guys performance shows, and although there were many good singers, she found herself only looking forward to one: David.
She hadn't spoken to him since that night at the party, which was understandable, it wasn't like they could just bump into each other, she knew the busy schedule the Idols were kept too, but she hadn't managed to stop thinking about him since.
She told herself she was being foolish, and tried to block him from her mind, but sometimes, like when she couldn't sleep at night, his smile and the way he had looked at her, would creep back into her thoughts.
It didn't help that everytime she saw him, she'd notice something else cute, or sweet, or funny about him, like his beautiful signing voice, how much emotion he would put into his songs, the cute faces he made, his silly nature around the other contestants,...those eyes.
And when she would sometimes get to go backstage, she noticed how he'd always be sitting by himself off in a corner somewhere, completely lost in a crossword puzzle. He had even referred to himself as a 'word nerd' before one of his songs...she always had found smart guys attractive...
'Stop it! You have got to stop thinking like this.' Sam ordered herself.
But still she breathed a sigh of relief everytime he would be safe, and she knew she would be able to see him again. like when he made the top 12.
And had it just been in her imagination that David had looked right at her as he sang, 'Hello, is it me you're looking for?' during Lionel Richie's 'Hello'?"

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 05:02:10 AM »

"Falling slowly" Part 4:
"David couldn't believe it.
He couldn't believe he'd made it thorough to the top 12, out of the thousands who had tried out.
Everything moved so fast, and was such a constant onslaught, he felt as if he was caught in a whirlwind, and barely had enough time to process each thing that happened to him, let alone organize his thoughts, most of which revolved around Sam.
He hadn't been able to get her off his mind since the night they met.
She seemed to be everywhere, on TV, the cover of every magazine he saw, he heard her on the radio, and saw her, right there, in the audience everytime he sang, smiling up at him.
He couldn't help thinking about her, she was all he could focus on as he sang 'Hello', he had looked directly into her eyes as he sang every word.
He couldn't help thinking about her, she was all he could focus on as he sang 'Hello', he had looked directly into her eyes as he sang every word.
He had confided to one of his buddies back home how he felt, 'Dude, you should've seen the way she looked at me.' he said pacing in his dressing room, the night after they'd met, on his cellphone.
'Man, you know I think of you as a brother, so I have to give it to you straight, that girl is so far out of your league, she's a superstar! Stop thinking of her and focus on your music, focus on winning this thing!'
David knew he was probably right, but here he was, at the top 12 celebration dinner, thinking of her smile and the way it lit up her face.
As everyone was leaving, they saw a big commotion across the street. Someone asked what was going on, and apparently, Samantha McCall had just come from a fancy dinner herself with her label head, manager and record producer, and now there was a crowd of people vying for her autograph.
She looked stunning in a slinky red dress, hair pulled back in a half up-do.
He noticed how she took the time and care to sign everything she was handed, and pose for every picture people wanted to take.
Now a film crew from 'The Insider' had arrived and were asking where she was headed next, 'Back to New York!' she cheerfully replied.
David stood there watching her, wondering, why on a night when he was supposed to be celebrating, did the thought of Sam leaving, cause a heaviness in his heart?"

"Butterflies" Part 5:
"Sam had just come from having dinner with former Idol Blake Lewis, (they had seen each other in the Idol audience, and decided to catch up on everything since they'd seen each other last,) when suddenly there was a TMZ camera in her face, asking her what she thought of David Cook stealing other peoples songs.
She couldn't believe they were accusing him of such a thing, he had just blown everyone away earlier that evening with his performance of Elenor Rigby.
She immediately jumped to his defence, saying how it would be impossible to steal someone else's songs, because from what she remembered from her time on the show, the producers would never allow something like that to happen, and the whole accusation was ridiculous.
She walked away wondering why she'd been so quick to defend David, and better yet, why anyone accusing him of doing something wrong, made her so angry.

The next day Sam was slated to make an appearance at the 'Horton Hears a Who' primer, and this was one she begged her manager to get her out of, even though she knew the Idols would be there, making a clip to be shown on the results show, and it would be a chance to see David again, she didn't feel like doing anything that day.
It was, what would've been her dad's 60th birthday, had he not passed away three years ago.
But her manager insisted, and Sam reluctantly agreed to go.
At the primer, Sam had the honor of meeting her favorite comedic actor, Jim Carrey, but even that couldn't raise her spirits.
And when she saw a beautiful monarch butterfly hovering over all the orange flowers that were set up, just like the one she saw above her dad's car, the day he passed away, she felt herself starting to lose it.
She found a quiet place away from the crowd, where no one was paying attention to her, and sat down on a bench, as the tears began to fall.
She tried to call Clay and then her mom, but couldn't reach either of them, and she desperately needed someone to talk too.
She pulled out a folded picture from her purse, of her and her dad outside school, the day she had started 1st grade, and dropped her head in her hands.
Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder, and a deep, but quiet voice, asked 'Are you OK?'
Sam looked up, quickly brushing tears from her cheeks, it was David.
'I,I'm fine' she answered.
David sat down beside her, 'Well, you don't look fine, I saw you leave the crowd. What's wrong?'
Sam sighed, 'It's my dad. Today would've been his 60th birthday, but he passed away suddenly three years ago. And it still feels like it just happened yesterday. People keep telling me it'll get better, but sometimes it feels like it'll never stop hurting. I just...miss him.'
There was a moment of silence, then David raised his hand to her face and lightly brushed away a new tear that had begun to slide down her cheek, 'Sam, I'm so sorry,' he said in a barely there whisper, looking down at the picture in her hand.
'David! David! There you are! We need you for the top 12 shots!' A photographer called out.
'I'm sorry, I have to...' David began,
'Go on, it's OK,' Sam managed a weak smile.
David left and Sam decided she would leave early, she had put in her appearance, that was enough, but she sat there for a few more minutes, to compose herself, before she stood up to leave.
'Sam, wait!' David came running over again, holding one of the orange flowers.
When he got to her, he put his head down, and looked up with a shy smile, 'I know it's not much, just something to brighten your day...' he handed her the flower, 'a beautiful girl like you shouldn't be so sad.'
Sam looked at him in surprise, then started to smile, David touched her arm, then jogged back to the group, Sam smelled her flower and stared after him.

Later that night, after David found out he'd be safe for another week, Jerry the Idol security guard handed him a card.
'What's this?' David asked.
'Someone left it for you.' Jerry answered and walked away.
Puzzled David opened the card, inside was a pressed orange flower petal and a simple note written inside:
'Thank you,
Sam'
A smile started to form around the corners of his mouth, as he read those three simple words over and over."

"Wondering" Part 6:
"Two weeks later, Sam was set to debut her new song 'Halo' on the results show, so she was around the Idol studios a lot that week rehearsing, and hoping she'd see David again, but she didn't.
They must've had different rehearsing schedules, and in a way Sam was happy about that, she didn't think she'd be able to remember the words to her song around him.
Just the thought of not only seeing him again, but having to perform, live, in front of him for the first time since they'd met, made her heart skip a beat.
She was more nervous about singing in front of him than she'd ever been before, even more than having to sing in front of the largest audience.
He was now all she thought about ever since he's so kindly given her that flower and called her beautiful.
She had it pressed in the notebook she always carried with her, and wrote lyrics in as they came to her, and every so often she'd touch it, and see his shy smile when she closed her eyes.
She warned herself to not let her feelings get the best of her, afterall, she barely knew him, but still she recognized the feeling of starting to fall in love, and it scared her.
Even if he felt the same way about her, and they could actually make something work between them...
'No', Sam thought, 'You'll only get hurt again.'
But still she couldn't ignore what her heart was telling her.

'David! Come on! They're leaving!' Jerry was calling.
'Coming!' David should've been getting ready to go with the rest of the top 10 Idols to one of the children's charities 'Idol Gives Back' benefits, for a segment airing on that nights results show, but he couldn't stop staring at the cover of a tabloid someone had left laying around.
'More than just friends?' The headline read, underneath was a picture of Sam and Clay Aiken laughing during a private conversation, with the caption: 'The two pop superstars, long rumored to be an item, looked more than friendly as they got cozy at an outside New York bistro.'
Just then Jerry appeared outside David's dressing room looking impatient.
David looked up, 'Can I ask you something?'
'Make it quick or they're going to leave without you.' Jerry answered, crossing his arms.
'You worked here during season 2 right? Do you know anything about these two?' David handed him the tabloid.
'Oh yeah,' Jerry smiled, 'Really close friends, right from the start, pretty much inseparable during the show, and have supported each other since.'
'So, they're just friends?' David asked, hoping to appear like the answer didn't matter to him.
'As far as I know, but there's always rumors, can't believe this stuff,' Jerry tossed the magazine aside, 'now get going!'
David hurried out the door, smiling to himself and wishing he could see Sam again.

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 05:18:21 AM »

"Surprises" Part 7:
"David and the Idols arrived at the children's charity and were informed that they were going to be paired up with charity volunteers, to either assemble toys or hand them out to sick children, all to be filmed by the Idol crew.
David was picked for the assembly team.
'Great,' he thought, 'I'll have no idea what I'm doing.'
But his spirits lifted when he saw who his partner would be: Sam.
'What are you doing here?' He asked, surprised.
'This is actually one of the charities I support and volunteer at,' Sam smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
'Well, what do we have to do?' David asked, unsure.
'Apparently we've been picked to put together this bike.' Sam pointed at a pile of plastic parts.
'I've never done something like this before,' he said sitting down next to the pile.
'Me neither, but how hard can it be?' Sam said as she took the instructions and began to read them aloud.
An hour later, they'd barely made any progress and David was totally confused, 'Oh, I think this goes here.'
He said, randomly snapping a part in place.
'Um, I don't think so,' Sam replied, trying not to laugh.
'And why not?' David asked raising his eyebrow.
'Because, the wheel is where the seat should be!' Sam said in between giggles.
'Oh,' David said realizing his mistake, 'Then I guess this wouldn't be safe for a child to ride then, huh?' He started to laugh.
'I guess not!' Sam said before losing her composure to a fit of giggles.
They both started cracking up, forgetting they were being filmed.
'Do you want to hear a joke?'
He asked when they'd finally quieted down.
Sam nodded.
'Did you hear about the new pirate movie? It's rated Arrrrrgh!'
When Sam burst out laughing David said, 'I told that same joke to six different people today and no one laughed but you! Do you always laugh at lame jokes guys tell you?'
'Just the cute ones.' She answered.
'Wait. Cute jokes or...guys?'
'You figure it out', Sam smiled.

That night during the results show, when he saw they had made the 'Idol Gives Back' segment, he put his head down, trying not to start laughing all over again, and realized that was probably the most fun afternoon he'd had in a long time.

Sam's heart was beating rapidly, the way it always did when she was about to sing, she was standing backstage listening as Ryan Seacrest said:
'And in keeping up with our segment on catching up with past Idols, we have another one on this stage tonight. Her new album skyrocketed to the top of the Billboard charts, and her latest single is the top downloaded song on itunes. Proving you don't have to win this show to have monster success, here's Samantha McCall, debuting 'Halo'!'
Sam came on stage to rousing cheers, David had already been declared safe, so she knew he was right there on the couches watching her, but she didn't dare look at him.
The music started up and she began to accompany herself on electric guitar.
'I never promised you a ray of light/I never promised there's be sunshine everyday/I'll give you everything I have/The good, the bad
Why do you put me on a pedestal?/I'm so up high that I can't see the ground below/So help me down. you've got it wrong/I don't belong there
One thing is clear/I wear a halo/I wear a halo when you look at me/But standing from here/You wouldn't say so/You wouldn't say so if you were me/And I, I just wanna love, Oh, Oh, I, I just wanna love you
I always said that I would make mistakes/I'm only human and that's my saving grace/I'll fall as hard as I try, so don't deny it
See me as I really am/I have flaws and sometimes I even stand/So pull me from that pedestal/I don't belong there
One thing is clear/I wear a halo/I wear a halo when you look at me/But standing from here/You wouldn't say so/You wouldn't say so if you were me/And I, I just wanna love, Oh, Oh, I, I just wanna love you
I'd like to think that you know me/But in your eyes/I am something above you/It's only in your mind/Only in your mind/I wear, I wear a halo
One thing is clear/I wear a halo/I wear a halo when you look at me/But standing from here/You wouldn't say so/You wouldn't say so if you were me/And I, I just wanna love, Oh, Oh, I, I just wanna love you'
When she finished to thunderous applause, Sam got the nerve to look over at David, he had his head to the side, staring at her with a small smile, seemingly enthralled with her performance, which of course, made her heart start racing all over again.

Sam was backstage waiting for her band to pack up after the show, when she saw David coming around the corner.
When he saw her, he smiled and came right over.
'You were awesome tonight,' he said before putting his head down, then slowly looking back up at her.
'Thanks,' Sam smiled, 'you were pretty amazing yourself with that cover of Billie Jean you did last night, it just might've inspired me to vote a few times.'
'Just a few?' He raised his eyebrow.
'You're safe aren't you?' Sam answered.
'Yeah...you know I was going to try and see one of your shows when you were in Oklahoma, but I couldn't get tickets..so that was the first time I'd seen you sing, it was beautiful.' He reached out and took her hand, slowly running his thumb over her knuckles.
Sam was surprised, 'You know, when I'm in different cities, I like to check out local bands, and I had forgotten when we first met that I actually saw you perform with the 'Midwest Kings', but this is the first time I've seen just you, in the spotlight.'
Now it was David's turn to look surprised, all he could think to say was: 'Yeah?'
'Yeah.' Sam smiled.
'Sam! We're done!' One of her band members called out.
'I guess I should get going...' she said, not wanting to leave.
'Oh.' David sadly let go of her hand.
'Where are you headed tonight?'
'Oh, a friend flew in, I'm going to show her some of the sights.'
'Oh! I always wanted to see some of them too, this is the first time I've been to L.A., but they don't give us a lot of free time here.' David said.
'I could really show you a lot of great places.' Sam said before she started to walk away.
David watched her go and thought to himself, 'I wish you would.'

"Matters of the heart" Part 8:
"The following week was 'Dolly Parton' week on American Idol, and as usual, Sam was front row in the audience when David gave another amazing performance, she was up on her feet to give him a standing ovation with the rest of the crowd, and couldn't help noticing the cute way he modestly put his head down during the judges praise.
After the camera stopped rolling and the show was no longer live, the contestants and audience were asked to stick around while they filmed a segment to air on another episode, but Sam noticed only eight of the Idols came back onstage to sit on the couches, where was David?
Sam got a curious feeling that something was wrong.
She left her seat and found Jerry on guard by the door that led backstage.
'Hi Jerry, um, do you know where David Cook is? I noticed he didn't come back onstage.'
'Oh, we had to have him taken to the hospital.' Jerry answered.
'The hospital? Why?' she asked with notes of panic rising in her voice.
'He was having pain in his chest.'
So was Sam, her heart squeezed in a painful way at the thought of there being something wrong with David.
'Which hospital?'
Without really thinking that he was still a man she barely knew, Sam grabbed her jacket, practically sprinted out to her car, and sped to the hospital.
When she arrived, Sam went right up to the nurses desk.
'Hi. Could you please give me some information on David Cooks condition? He was just bought in.'
The nurse, absorbed in something at the desk, didn't even look up as she said, 'Sorry, we only give out patient information to family members.'
'Please.' Hearing the urgency in Sam's voice, the nurse finally looked up.
'Oh my...You're Samantha McCall!' she gasped.
Sam managed a small smile and shook her head.
'I have all you albums!' the nurse excitedly blurted out.
'Thank you. But isn't there anything you could tell me about David Cook?'
'Oh...' the nurse reluctantly looked for his chart. 'He was brought in with heart palpitations and high blood pressure, he was treated with medication and should be released soon.'
'So, he's OK? Thank God.' Sam breathed. 'One more thing, could you tell me which room he's in?'

Sam stood outside David's room, peaking in the window.
He was sitting on the bed, arms crossed, head down, he looked so...sad.
Part of Sam wanted to rush in, fling her arms around him, and tell him how grateful she was that he was OK, but she had to keep reminding herself they were still basically strangers and she shouldn't be feeling this way.
How was she even supposed to explain why she was there?
Sam stood there, struggling with herself a few more minutes, before getting the courage to knock on his door.
David didn't look up, thinking it was another doctor, until he heard Sam's voice. 'Up for a visitor?'
His mouth flew open, he was so shocked to see her standing there.
'Yeah, uh,...what are you doing here?' Was all he could think to say.
'Well, I heard you were taken here, and I wanted to see if you were OK, plus it's never fun to be stuck in the hospital by yourself.' She smiled at him warmly.
'So you...came to see me?' he asked still surprised.
'Yeah.' She answered, still smiling.
She walked over and sat by his bed. 'So, what happened?'
David, noticing how concerned she looked, replied, 'Ah...I have high blood pressure and it spiked, and they brought me here as a precaution. The whole thing was blown out of proportion.' He shook his head.
'Oh. Is there something...bothering you? My dad had high blood pressure and it would go up when he'd get upset.' Sam asked.
David was quiet for a moment. 'I guess, there's just no calming yourself down with all this crazy Idol stuff you know? There's just a lot weighing on me.'
Then, maybe it was because she'd come all that way to see him, or just because he found her so easy to talk to, or he just needed to tell someone what was on his mind, he opened up about his older brother battling cancer, and how he worried about him everyday, and how being away from him and his family was taking it's toll on him.
After he finished blurting everything out, he sighed, quickly wiped away a tear, and looked over at Sam.
Again she surprised him, when he saw tears in her eyes, and she reached out, and held his hand. 'I'm so sorry, David. I had no idea...' Sam breathed in a barely audible whisper. She was surprised he'd told her so much, he was always so quiet.
They sat there silently holding hands for the longest time, before a doctor came in to say David would be released in the morning, and visiting hours were over.
Sam slowly stood up to leave, then thinking of something, rummaged in her bag for her business card with her contact information on it, that she usually gave out to people interested in her fashion line, and wrote down her cell phone number and Instant Message screen name on the back.
She shyly handed him the card, 'You could call me...if you needed someone to talk to.'
He smiled taking the card. 'What about this number?' He pointed to the one printed under the title: 'McCall Designs.'
'Oh, that's the phone I never answer.' Sam laughed.
'You have a phone you never answer?' There was that gorgeous raised eyebrow again.
'You'll understand when you're a huge star and people call you day and night! Anyway, maybe we could grab a coffee sometime, you know?'
'I'd like that.' He smiled and her heart beat faster. "But aren't you headed back to New York?'
'No, I'm staying put this week. I'm taping 'Idol Gives Back' this weekend.'
'Oh yeah, I guess I am too, that is, if I'm still there.'
Sam opened the door, 'You will be,' she smiled and left.
Peaking in his window one last time, she saw he was still staring at her card, 'Well, no one can ever say I don't go after what I want.' She laughed to herself before stopping in her tracks.
She had just realized what she wanted, was David."

"Saving Grace" Part 9:
"After that night in the hospital, Sam and David kept in almost constant contact, whenever he had a free moment he would Instant Message her, and they would sit and talk for hours about everything, their likes and dislikes, families and pre-idol lives, it was so easy to talk to him, Sam remembered when the first time his screenname, 'DC' popped up on IM, her heart had skipped a beat, and she was so nervous she almost didn't want to reply.
'Hey!' was all his message had simply said, 'Hey yourself! How are you feeling?' 'I'm good...' and it took off from there.
She opened up and told him things only a select couple people knew, and felt he was doing the same with her, and now it seemed like they'd known each other their whole lives.

That Sunday Sam was supposed to tape 'Idol Gives Back', and it was also her birthday.
She hated her birthday and was always depressed in the days leading up to it, miserable on the day of, and could finally breathe a sigh of relief when it was over.
The last thing she wanted was for anyone to make a fuss, so she never let on what day it was, and was thankful she had the distraction of work, and seeing David again, this year.
They had chosen her song, 'Don't Stop the Music' to open the show with, the eight Idols were to sing the beginning, and she was to rise up through the stage in the middle and finish the song, it was an honor, but she kept getting distracted in rehearsals, seeing David sing her song, especially the line, 'Your hands around my waist,' and the way he swung his hips to the music...she had a very hard time concentrating that day.
After a long day of taping was finished, and people were trickling out of the studio, Sam went into her dressing room to discover a beautiful bouquet of two dozen red roses.
Sam smiled, knowing exactly who they were from.
She opened the card and read, 'Happy Birthday Sam, I only wish I was there with you to celebrate your special day! Love Clay.'
As much as she always wanted him too, Clay never did let her birthday pass without doing something special.
Just then there was a knock on her open door, Sam turned around, it was David.
'Hey, I thought we'd see each other more today, but it's been so hectic, and now we're leaving,' (meaning him and the other Idols,) 'so I wanted to come see you...Who are those from?'
He asked just noticing the flowers.
'Oh, they're from my friend Clay.' Sam smiled, putting her head down.
'Special occasion?'
'It's my birthday.' Sam shrugged.
'What? Today? You didn't tell me! I would've gotten you something.'
'I didn't want...' Sam began.
David looked away like he was thinking of something, before he reached up and took off the necklace he always wore, the one with two key charms, and removed the smaller of the two keys from the chain.
His shy smile was back as he handed it to her. 'It's not much, but Happy Birthday.' He said, softly.
'Oh, David! It's beautiful, but I couldn't accept this, you wear this all the time!'
'I want you to have it.' He placed the key in her hand, closing her fingers around it and stood there holding her hand, his thumb moving slowly across her knuckles, as they silently gazed into each others eyes.
'Come on mate! We're leaving!' They heard Michale Johns call.
'I have to...' David trailed off.
'I know.' Sam smiled.
David turned to go and was half way out the door when Sam called, 'David? Thank you.'
He looked back, smiled, put his head down and continued on his way.
Sam ran her fingers over the small metal key, thinking of how important it must be to him, afterall he always wore it close to his heart, but he had giving it to her.
She undid the clasp of the chain she always wore around her neck, and slipped the key on, next to her precious cross, and put her necklace back on. Through her shirt she pressed the charms to her chest, and felt the cold metal of the key against her skin, thinking how just moments before it had hung against David's...
Sam hung around her dressing room awhile longer hoping to give any autograph seekers the chance to leave so she could make a peaceful exit herself, she had a lot on her mind she needed to sort through without people running up to her screaming her name, but by now the studio and outside lot should be deserted...she went in the bathroom to freshen up a bit before she left, and heard her dressing room door slam.
'That's weird,' she thought knowing nobody else should still be there, maybe Jerry was there doing one last check on everything...'Jerry?' she called. stepping out of the bathroom.
No answer.
She looked around the big room, puzzled, then let out a cry of shock and surprise when she saw who was standing there behind her, reflected in the mirror. Her ex, Mark.
'Happy to see me, babe?' He stepped closer to her.
'What are you doing here?' Sam stammered backing away.
'I'm here for you, I want you back.' She could smell alcohol on his breath.
'It's been five years, and in case you forgot, you cheated on me.' She replied, getting angry as she flashed back to the night she discovered him with another woman, and how when she had told him she never wanted to see him again, he drunkenly tried to attack her.
'You don't understand, I've watched you every day, waited to get you alone, and now that I have, I'm not letting you go.'
'You've been stalking me?!' She asked, disgusted and horrified at the same time.
'I need you..' He stepped forward and grabbed her arm.
'Let go of me!' She cried struggling to free herself from his grasp, but he hung on, twisting her arm painfully.
'You're hurting me!' But he ignored her cries and roughly pulled her toward him, trying to kiss her.
Suddenly her door slammed open, 'Get away from her!' Someone called out, and Mark was yanked away from her.
It was David. Mark tried to take a swing at him, but staggered from being intoxicated, and David punched him in the stomach knocking him to the floor.
David rushed to Sam's side, where she stood shaking. 'Are you OK?' he asked, his face full of concern.
'I'm...David, look out!' She screamed, Mark had gotten up and charged at him, knocking them both to the floor with Mark on top, he had a lamp in his hand which he raised threateningly to hit David with.
Sam snapped out of her paralyzed state, she couldn't let that monster hurt him, she grabbed a glass bottle and threw it with as much strength as she could.
It hit its target, shattering on Mark's head, knocking him out cold.
David got up and went over to her, encircling Sam in his arms, 'Who is that?' he asked softly.
'My ex...he's been stalking me.' she answered, shaking uncontrollably.
'How did you..why did you come back?' she asked, looking up into his eyes.
'I forgot my guitar and came back for it, and that's when I heard you scream. Thank God I did.' He gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. 'Don't worry, I've got you now.'
He held her tighter to his chest, and even after all she had went through that night, she felt completely safe there in his arms.

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 05:33:58 AM »

"Risking it all" Part 10:
"A few days later it was 'Inspirational' week on Idol, and Sam smiled to herself when she saw David had chosen to sing 'Innocent', because she knew it was by his favorite band 'Our Lady Peace', and he looked stunningly handsome in his white jacket, and commanded the stage, but still he got his lowest praise yet from the judges.
Sam had gotten used to Simon's biting remarks during her time on the show, but it really stung when he'd say something hurtful to someone she cared about, like Clay, and now when he call David 'pompous', on top of calling him 'smug' and 'arrogant' in the past, it took all her control to not slap him, especially when she saw the sad look on David's face.
How dare he say those things about the man who had rescued her not two days ago?
The man who had sat with her as the police arrived, and asked countless times if she'd be OK, and even offered to say with her in her hotel room if she wanted, (she turned him down knowing he should go back to the room he shared with Michale and Jason, so he'd be ready to prepare for the show in the morning,) and had called her the minute she got back to her hotel room and stayed on the phone with her until she fell asleep.
It couldn't just be her who could see the caring heart behind those deep soulful eyes, hadn't Simon seen the way he'd written 'Give Back' on his hand, or the orange wrist band he wore every night to show support for a little girl with cancer?
Judging by the screams and boos of the audience, it wasn't just her who strongly disagreed with Simon.

The next day Sam had a meeting with Idol producers about her participating in future shows, when the meeting was over, she thought she'd hang around to see David, he and the other Idols were at another studio filming the Ford commercial to air the following day on the results show.
As she waited, she noticed how dark it was getting outside, almost like night, and the winds had really picked up too...a little while later the studio door burst open, and Jerry and the other soaking wet Idols came in from the pouring rain.
'What's going on out there?' Sam asked.
'Tornado's comin', no warning, I barely got these kids in the truck and got back here in time.' Jerry answered breathlessly, shaking out his sopping jacket.
'Wait, where's David? Is he still outside?' Sam asked, looking for his face.
Jerry stopped what he was doing, and the looks on the Idols faces turning to shock, 'We, we were in such a rush to get back, I didn't, I mean I didn't notice he wasn't...' Jerry stammered.
'You left him out there?!' Sam's voice was rising, 'Then go back!'
'I can't! Look how bad it is out there!' The storm was raging by now.
'Yeah! And David is out there in it! If he came outside looking for you or the others, the studio doors will have locked behind him, and they'll be no one around for miles to let him come inside! He could get hurt!' Sam's eyes scanned the room, she grabbed the keys to the studio and Jerry's van, 'If you won't go, I will! And you just donated your car to the cause.' She flung open the studio door and disappeared into the pouring rain.
'Wait! It's not safe!' But she just ignored Jerry's warnings.
'Thank goodness the other studio is only ten minutes away and I still remember how to get there,' she thought, she could hardly see through the sheets of rain pouring down the windshield, the sound of the storm was becoming deafening, and she was forced to swerve a couple times to avoid hitting debris that had blown into the road.
The whole time she kept trying David's cellphone, but there was no answer.
Finally she made it there, everything had become eerily quiet, even the wind had stopped blowing Sam noticed as she unlocked and flung open the door to the studio, that's when she heard it, like a roaring freight train, she looked up and saw the massive tornado uprooting trees and destroying everything in it's path, in the not so far distance.
'Oh my God.' She breathed, staring for a few seconds.
'David! David!' She cried, praying he'd hear her over the sound of the roaring winds, she took off running, looking around the outside of the building, calling his name, the rain stinging her face.
Finally she saw him, huddled in a doorway, his arms around his legs, his head down shielding his face from the rain.
Her heart broke at the way they'd left him there.
She came up to him and touched his arm, he jumped, then a mixture of surprise and relief came over his face as he looked up at her, one eye squinted closed at the rain.
'Come on!' She cried over the wind, taking his hand, she helped him up and they ran to the open studio door.
They were barely inside when a window shattered spraying them with glass, Sam screamed, but in one quick motion, David grabbed her and spun her around shielding her from the glass.
The power was out, but luckily Sam still remembered her way around, and taking David by the hand, she led them to the basement.
She began rumageing around in the dark, 'OK, there has got to be a flashlight around here somewhere...' she said, after searching a few moments longer, 'Ah ha! Flashlights and candles!'
Once she had gotten some light into the room, she looked around wondering why David was being so quiet.
He was holding his forearm, his eyes closed tightly in pain.
She came closer, holding a flashlight, and saw his arm was bleeding, 'Oh my God! David! Is this from the window?' she asked gently touching his arm.
He nodded, opening his eyes and looking up at the ceiling like he was going to pass out.
'Here, come sit down, I know I saw a first aid kit around here somewhere, she said, guiding him to a chair.
She quickly found it and hurried over to him, 'Let me see?'
He held out his arm for her to inspect, she gently and meticulously, began to clean and sterilize his wound.
'It's not deep, and there's no glass in there, I don't think you'd need stitches or anything.'
As she bandaged his arm, he took in everything about her, how beautiful she was, even by flashlight, her gentle touch and caring attention to detail, the way her hair, still wet from the rain, fell over face as she worked, the way she smelled like chocolate, he was sure it was Vera Wang 'Princess', and it was driving him crazy.
She was even more beautiful than his long time crush Mandy Moore, she was immaculate, a star with a girl next door quality.
Sam looked up and had to steady herself, he was watching her so closely with those soulful eyes, he looked so handsome, and those lips, were sightly parted...
'Better?' she asked.
'Much.' he replied, 'Sam, what happened? One minute everybody was here getting ready to shoot the Ford video, the next I come out of the bathroom, and they're all gone. I went outside to look for them and got locked out in that horrible storm, then you were there.'
Sam sighed, 'I was at the Idol studios having a meeting with the producers, when suddenly everyone burst in the door, I asked what was going on because I knew you guys were supposed to be filming, and Jerry said a tornado was coming and he had rushed everyone back there for safety. I noticed you weren't with them, and that's when it dawned on him you had been left behind, but he wasn't about to go back out in it either, so I took his car and came over to make sure you were OK.'
David looked at her for a few silent moments, 'So, you were safely inside, at the other studio, and came out, in a tornado, just to make sure I was OK?' He looked shocked.
'Well, yeah,' she smiled, 'I didn't want anything to happen to you, and afterall, you protected me twice, from Mark and then that window...' she gently touched his bandaged arm.
After a few more moments of silence he said, 'You're still wearing it.'
Sam didn't know what he meant until he reached out and touched the small key he'd given her, hanging along side the cross on the chain around her neck.
She smiled, reaching up to touch the pendant also, and brushing his hand with her fingertips in the process, 'Of course, that's why you gave it to me, isn't it?'
A happy smile spread across his face. 'Do you hear that?' She asked.
'What?' he asked puzzled.
'Nothing! I think the storm passed.' She went up the stairs to open the door to check, but the door wouldn't budge.
David came over and tried it for himself, it remained closed tight.
'I guess we're stuck here.' Sam sighed, she checked her cellphone. 'No signal.'
Her journal had fallen from her bag when she got out her phone, David bent to pick it up and started to peak inside, 'What do you write in here all the time? Everytime I see you, you have this with you.'
She grabbed it away from him, but not before he saw the pressed orange flower inside, 'None of your business mister! That's private.' She smile, stuffing it back into her bag.
David wandered away, looking around the room.
He found an old acoustic guitar, and sat down, strumming it. Sam went and sat next to him.
'I thought you did an amazing job with 'Innocent' last night.'
He looked up with a shy smile, 'The judges didn't.'
'Oh, don't listen to them. That was a great song choice, all 'Our Lady Peace' songs are awesome.'
He raised his eyebrow, could she actually like his favorite band? 'You like 'Our Lady Peace'? What's your favorite song by them?' he asked incredulously.
'Blister' She answered immediately. 'I just saw them in Chicago'
'Their December show? I was there too!' He put down the guitar, shocked. 'Really! What a coincidence!'
Sam smiled. 'Yeah, I even went backstage to meet Raine Maida. He's a nice guy.'
'You're kidding.' He said even more shocked. 'Aah, you don't know what I'd give just to be able to talk to him. He influenced about half the songs on my album.'
'I didn't know you made an album.' Sam said, surprised. 'What's it called?'
'Analog heart.' He answered shyly.
'Would you play one of your songs for me?'
He hesitated then began strumming the guitar and singing along, Sam was moved by the sensitive soul stirring lyrics, and when David was finished, he looked up and was surprised to see tears in her eyes.
'That was...beautiful.' she breathed, making a mental note to find and download his album if they ever got out of that basement.
'Yeah?' He bowed his head, embarrassed.
A moment passed, then he asked, 'How do you deal with such harsh criticism like from the judges? It just feels like everyone has an opinion about me, and that can make you feel really diminutive you know?'
'I know exactly what you mean, I guess I just try to focus on the positive, and maybe I got used to it too.'
'What do you mean?'
'Well, all my life, even growing up, people, and even my parents had opinions and mindsets about me that weren't true, and there was nothing I could do to change their minds, it made me feel very misunderstood, and I mean, if your parents, who are supposed to know you better than anyone else, believe lies about you, I guess hearing the judges opinions, or that of some music critic, doesn't hurt as much, doesn't hold as much weight.'
She shrugged, then put his head down.
David reached out and held her hand.
She looked up and smiled, then she shivered.
'Cold?' David asked. Sam nodded, 'And these wet clothes aren't helping.'
'Yeah, it is cold in here, and we could be stuck here all night,' David said, getting up to look around.
He found a large blanket and wrapped it around himself, and sat down against the wall, and motioned Sam to come over.
She sat down between his legs, against his chest, and he wrapped his arms around her, encircling her in the blanket. 'Better?'
'Much.' She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder.
He looked down at her, and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, 'I still can't believe you risked your life to help me today.' He whispered.
They looked into each others eyes and started to lean in closer, until their lips were just barely apart...
Suddenly Jerry and a couple other people from Idol burst in the door, apologizing and babbling that the storm was over, and how sorry they were that David was left behind, and Sam went out in the storm, and how they'd come looking for them as soon as the weather cleared.
Before they knew it, Sam and David were whisked outside and into separate cars.
As they passed the doorway David had been huddled in earlier, he noticed it was now crushed by a fallen tree.
He silently stared out the window on the ride back, thinking of how Sam McCall had just saved his life."

"Giving In:" Part 11
"Even though they both couldn't get that moment off their minds, the one where they'd almost kissed, neither could think of the right way to bring it up, so they never mentioned it in their IM's throughout the next week, secretly hoping the other would.
He did tell her his whole family, including his brother Adam, would be in the audience that night, and how afraid he was that Adam was taking too much of a risk.
Sam did her best to reassure him that if Adam's doctors said it was alright, that nothing should go wrong, and pointed out what a spirit lifting, distraction from his treatments this would be.
Plus, she reminded him, Adam would be on a chartered medical plane, flying to L.A. with a nurse there the whole time to make sure he'd be OK.
'I just hope I can make him proud,' David typed before signing off.

That night was Mariah Carey week on Idol, and Sam wasn't sure which song he would pick, he never told her which songs he'd choose, wanting to keep them a surprise instead.
Sam made a point to find, and introduce herself to his family before finding her seat.
She wanted to meet the people David so loving talked about all the time, and they seemed genuinely happy and excited to meet her too. They even told her they'd voted for her back on her season of Idol!
The show started, and as usual, Sam didn't pay much attention to anyone else until David came onstage, he'd be singing next to last tonight, followed by Jason.
He began to sing a slow, beautiful and haunting version of 'Always Be My Baby', the last song Sam would've thought he'd pick, and she sat mesmerized, seeing how much emotion, and how much of himself, he put into every word.
The judges gave him his highest praise yet, Randy even giving him a standing ovation, and Sam jumped out of her seat cheering along with the audience when he did.
David bowed his head, hiding his face with his hands, and when he looked back up, there were big tears in his eyes.
In that moment, Sam realized she could no longer hold back the way she felt for him, her heart ached, and she knew it was because he'd stolen it completely.
Silent tears began to fall from her eyes as she watched him leave the stage and hug his brother in the audience.
Sam couldn't wait anymore, she had to do something, had to see him, had to see if he had the same feelings for her.
She snuck backstage and found him in his dressing room.
She knocked on his open door, and he turned in surprise, Sam walked over to him, and the only thing she could think to say was: 'I think you made him very proud.'
David's expression was hard to read, a mixture of sadness, pride, relief and surprise, but Sam knew how he felt when he bent down and enveloped her in a tight hug.
She put one hand on the back of his head, and felt silent tear drops on her shoulder.
They stood that way for the longest time, until he pulled away, and cupped her face in his hands, then leaned in closer.
Sam's heart began to beat rapidly as his lips, softly and delicately brushed hers.
He pulled away, wondering if he'd moved too fast, but Sam smiled, and it was her turn to lean in as they kissed more passionately.
They kissed with an intensity and urgency of everything that had grown in their hearts for each other that they'd been too afraid to express.
David leaned against the corner of the wall, his hands had come to rest on Sam's waist, she was leaning into his chest, one hand placed there, feeling his racing heartbeat, the other in his messy hair.
The world stopped spinning, and it was only them, in that moment.
A moment Sam felt she'd waited her whole life for."

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 05:42:22 AM »

"Something More" Part 12:
"'I have to see him again.' Sam thought to herself, she was back in her hotel room, sitting in front of her computer wanting to IM David, but not really knowing what to say.
Besides, simply seeing his screen name wasn't going to be enough tonight, she needed to see him.
She traced along her lips with tip of her finger and smiled, she could still feel and taste his kiss on them...
There was no way she was gong to get to sleep without feeling that one more time...
Afterall, they had been so rudely interupted by the flow of people coming backstage after the show had ended.
Luckily they were staying in the same hotel, but he was roommates with Jason, and Sam's friend was staying with her in her room.
Suddenly Sam had the ideal to call down to the front desk, and sure enough, there was another room available, which she immediately took.
'Wonder if this is silly, wonder if he isn't even still up, obsessing over a kiss like I am?' she thought, doubting herself, 'Well, there's one way to find out.'
She signed on to IM and David's screen name popped up, he was still up!
'I was wondering when you'd sign on! Thought you'd just went to bed!' He wrote, if only he knew how far sleep and bed was from her mind at the moment, well, at least her bed.
'I have an idea...instead of just writing tonight, why don't you meet me in room 23?' She wrote back.
'Now?'
'Yeah.'
'I'll be there in a minute.'
They signed off and Sam snuck out of her room without disturbing her sleeping friend.
'Thank goodness she goes to sleep early,' Sam thought, closing the door.
She was the first to make it to room 23, and a few moments later she heard a soft knock at the door.
David was standing there wearing a wrinkled red T-shirt and jeans that looked as if he'd tossed them on in a hurry, his hands in his pockets, a shy smile on his face.
'Come in.' Sam held out her arm to usher him inside like a hostess.
David softly chuckled, 'And to what do I owe this pleasure?' he asked, stepping inside.
'Oh', Sam closed the door, 'I just wanted to see you again.' She smiled, reaching up to put her arms around his neck.
His hands came to rest on her waist again. 'I was hoping it was that.'
He leaned in and softly brushed her lips with his again.
They stood there kissing like that for a long time, just enjoying the way each other felt in their arms, before eventually moving over to the couch.
'I was thinking', they both started at once, then stopped themselves, laughing.
'You go ahead'. he gestured to her, his eyes twinkling.
She smiled, 'I was thinking', she started again, 'that I'd like us to be something more then just friends...'
'Who IM each other.' He finished her sentence. 'Me too.' he added softly, reaching out to hold her hand.
Sam smiled, 'I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same way.'
'Are you kidding?! I'm amazed you're even interested in me.' He put his head down, embarrassed.
Sam reached out to touch his face, lifting his face toward her until he was looking at her, and they both gazed into each others eyes, 'Interested in you? You mean the most amazing guy I've ever met, with a big heart, whose already protected me twice? How could I not be? You know I was interested from that first moment you came right up to talk to me at the top 24 party, like I was a normal person and not some celebrity everyone's afraid to talk to. Nobody's done that in years.' She softly kissed him again.
'Well, I don't often have the chance to talk to the prettiest girl in the room, I had to take advantage.' He said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, then tried to suppress a yawn.
'Sorry, I guess the show took a lot out of me.' He said looking embarrassed again.
'Don't be, I just realized how tired I am too.' she smiled.
They sat there for a few moments, knowing they should get some sleep, but neither wanted to leave.
'We could stay here,' David said slowly.
'And just make sure we get up early enough before anyone notices we're gone,' finished Sam.
They curled up together on the couch, David's arms around Sam, her head on his chest.
He ran his fingers through her hair.
'You know I already have an idea what I want to sing next week.'
'Really?' Sam raised her head to look at him. 'What?'
'I can't tell you, it's a surprise, but I'll be singing to you.' Sam smiled resting her head back on his chest.
They fell asleep that way, and the next morning as they walked back to their separate rooms, David playfully tried to push Sam into the hotel pool, laughing, she pulled him in with her, where they had a splash fight that ended with them kissing in the water.
Jason and Sam's friend were both up by the time they got back to their rooms and were curious as to why they were so wet, 'Oh, just went for a swim,' they both answered, leaving them to wonder why they were acting so cheerful that morning."

"True Love" Part 13:
"'I met such an amazing guy', Sam was sitting at an outdoor New York cafe, gushing to her best friend Clay.
'I know you don't watch American Idol anymore, but his name is David Cook and...' she continued to fill him in on everything that had happened, finishing by saying, 'I know I had vowed to not risk my heart again after Mark, but I think David could really be the right guy for me, I trust him and think he's worth taking a chance on.'
Throughout everything she had just said, Clay had simply listened, sometimes fidgeting with something on the table, Sam started to feel nervous, had she said too much?
Clay had better not be preparing to tell her he had feelings for her, because she'd waited five years for him to say something, five long years of trying to ignore the feelings she had for him, and now that she'd finally found someone else...but Clay just looked at her and smiled.
He reached out and took her hand, 'I'm so happy for you, you deserve the best and I hope David is that for you, if not, he'll have to answer to me.'
Sam laughed, happy and relieved as Clay leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek.
They were both unaware of the photographer taking pictures of their every move.

David was supposed to be practicing for the show that night, but found he couldn't concentrate, for his mind kept wandering back to Sam.
He sighed, putting down his guitar and called his friend again, 'I'm going to do it!' he said excitedly as his friend answered the phone.
'Guy, do what exactly?'
'I'm going to dedicate my song to Sam and then tell her I love her,' David was pacing across the room now, raking his hand through his already messy hair.
'Woah, aren't you rushing things a little too fast here? What if you're just a fling to her?'
'Oh, you don't understand, mister 'I've-never-been-in-a-serious-relationship-in-my-entire-life',' David answered a bit angry.
'Hey! You were single too up until about ten seconds ago as I recall, I'm just saying you don't wanna rush things...'
'I gotta go,' David hung up with a new focus to work on his song, he had to get it just right for Sam.
He was going to sing 'Music of the night', a song he had sung before in his years doing musical theatre in high school, but he'd never sung it to 'the most gorgeous girl in the room', as Andrew Lloyd Webber had told him, until now.

He came out on stage, and immediately saw Sam smiling up at him, he sang directly to her never looking anywhere else,
'Let you soul take you where you long to be,
Only then can you belong to me.
Falling, Floating, Sweet intoxication,
Touch me, Trust me, Savor each sensation.
Let the dream begin, Let your darker side give in,
To the power of the music that I write,
The power of the music of the night.'
His heart melted when he saw the tears in Sam's eyes and he couldn't even hear as the judges praised him, because all he could think about was her.

The next morning David knocked on Sam's hotel room door, she opened it with a big smile, happy to see him.
'David! Your song was so beautiful last night!' She reached up to put her arms around his neck and leaned in to kiss him, but he gently pulled away, 'And I meant every word of it...but, can we talk?'
Sam was taken aback by how serious he was acting, she dropped her arms and moved to close the door behind him,
'Of course, my friend's in the bathroom, and trust me she'll be in there awhile,' Sam smiled, trying to lighten the mood, but the way David kept looking at anything but her was making her nervous. 'David? Is there something wrong?'
She asked, gently touching his arm.
'No! No, I just wanted to tell you something...' he trailed off, still not looking at her.
'You can tell me anything, you know that. What is it?' she asked, concerned.
He began to pace, talking almost to himself, 'I was amazed when you said you wanted to be more than friends, and maybe I'm rushing things, but I've never felt this way before, you're on my mind constantly, and I know I'm babbling, but I just have to get this out, I love everything about you,' he finally stopped in front of her to touch her face with his hand, looking directly into her eyes, 'I love you'.
Sam was frozen, her heart barely beating, this was the last thing she expected to hear this morning, the last thing she expected to hear period.
She had spent so many years longing to hear those words, but fearing she never would, she'd spent so long feeling unlovable, her mind couldn't process that this beautiful man, standing in front of her had just told her he loved her.
The only thing she managed to say was a shocked, 'What?'
As soon as the word left her lips, she wished she could take it back, David dropped his hand, hurt filling his eyes.
Just then her friend came into the room, 'Sam, could you...' she trailed off sensing the awkward scene she'd just stepped into.
David took her arrival as a chance to leave, head down, hands deep in his pockets, he mumbled, 'I'll just see you later...'
He had to get out of there.
Walking quickly, he left the hotel, tears starting to sting his eyes, 'I'm so stupid! How could I think she'd love me? I should've kept my big mouth shut!'
'David!' He stopped for a moment, Sam was calling his name.
He didn't care, he kept walking, hardly noticing the rain that was beginning to fall.
'David! Please wait!' Sam was running after him and finally caught up to him, grabbing his arm.
He stopped, but kept his head down.
She touched his face, 'David I...I love you too.'
She said almost breathlessly, he looked up, afraid to believe what he'd just heard.
'I had put up so many walls around my heart to protect it after Mark, but ever since I met you, I could feel them crumbling down, I was so afraid to trust, to let myself feel love again, that when you told me you love me, I couldn't believe it, I never thought I'd hear those words, never thought a man like you could love me...' She stopped, 'I guess I'm the one babbling now, huh?'
David stood there a moment, his expression hard to read, then a big grin slowly began to spread across his face.
He reached down and lifted Sam up, twirling her around in the now steady rain.
She threw her head back and laughed, completely filled with joy, then he stopped, lowered her back to the ground, and kissed her passionately.
Not caring they were both soaking wet, he whispered 'I love you Samantha McCall.'
'I love you too, David Cook.' she answered, resting her head against his chest, and hearing his heartbeat.
They stood there, David with his arms around Sam in the pouring rain, not really caring who saw them."

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 05:46:50 AM »

"Mistakes" Part 14:
"David felt as if he was floating on air the rest of the day throughout rehearsals, until his phone rang, it was his friend, 'Dude, have you seen what's on the cover of Star magazine?'
Puzzled, David said, 'No...I think there's one backstage here somewhere...why?'
'Just find it, and look at the cover man.'
In the middle of a table littered with magazines, David could see the corner of Star, he pulled it out and his heart dropped.
The headline read, 'Their Secret Love is a Secret No More!'
Underneath was pictures of Sam and Clay Aiken, in one he was kissing her cheek, in another holding her hand, in a third they were laughing together.
The caption read, 'Canoodling in an outdoor New York cafe, the lovebirds show their affection for each other to the world.'

Sam was on her way to see David, she hurried through the halls of the studio where Idol taped, excitedly talking into her cellphone, 'Clay, he is going to be so surprised! David will love this, I can't wait to tell him!'
She turned a corner and saw David standing there, his face expressionless, and he seemed to be holding a magazine.
'Clay, I've got to go, yeah, bye.' She quickly hung up her phone and started walking toward David, a big smile on her face.
'Hey babe! Wait 'till I tell you about the surprise I have planned for you!'
His face still unreadable, acting like he hadn't heard what she just said, he held out the issue of Star.
'What's this?' he asked stoically.
'What?' She asked, not understanding why he was acting so upset.
'This! You and Clay Aiken!' He slapped down the magazine on a nearby table.
Sam glanced at the cover, 'David it...' she started.
He interrupted her, 'Is this why you took so long to say you love me, because you're really with him?!' His voice was rising.
Sam was taken aback, 'Clay and I are just friends, you know that.'
'Oh, come off it Sam! You fly back and forth from New York to L.A. just to watch him in the same play you've already seen a hundred times, and when you're not with him, you're on the phone with him constantly! I've seen the way you tear up everytime a song of his comes on the radio, so just stop lying to me!'
Sam's emotions went from shock to anger, she couldn't believe what she was hearing.
'Now you wait just a damn minute! You're accusing me of cheating? I was cheated on! And it ruined my life! I would never do that to someone else because I've lived it, I lived through not being able to trust anyone, through never allowing myself to feel love again, until you, you who I opened my heart too, and you dare to stand there and believe some tabloid trash over me?'
He could see by the hurt on her face and in her voice that she was telling the truth and he had made a terrible mistake.
'Sam I'm so sorry...' he reached out to touch her arm, but she backed away.
'Don't touch me.'
He immediately pulled his hand back, stung by the coldness in her voice.
'Don't touch me, don't come near me, I never want to see you again.'
And with that, she turned and ran down the hall away from him.
He raked a hand through his messy hair and said aloud, 'What have I done?'"

"Only the beginning" Part 15:
"A week passed and David never heard from Sam again, he tried going to her hotel room, but she was already gone.
He left countless messages, but her cellphone always went straight to voicemail, and even though he checked constantly, she never signed on to IM.
He even requested a song for her, her favorite 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls, on the radio, hoping she was listening, but still no responce.
A couple days after their fight, Raine Maida had called him.
'This must've been the surprise Sam had tried to tell me about.' He thought. 'She gets my favorite artist to call me, and what do I do? Accuse her of cheating. Nice one Cook.'
The thought of possibly never seeing her again, weighed on him, and it showed during his halfhearted rehearsals, he didn't even care if he was voted off the show, all he cared about was Sam.
Slowly a plan began to form in his mind, he had to make this right, and he'd only have one chance.

David was a nervous wreak as he listened to Ryan Seacrest announcing it was Neil Diamond week, backstage.
He'd never been this nervous to go onstage before, 'And besides what if she didn't even come?'
He thought, he was banking on Sam being in the audience like she always was, if she wasn't his whole plan would be shot, and he'd have no way of ever seeing her again.
He heard his name, it was his turn to sing.

'So you picked 'All I Really Need is You'', Ryan was saying, 'and you wanted to dedicate this to someone?'
'Yeah, this is for Sam.' David answered, spotting her in the audience, and looking right at her.
The music began, and he sang with more passion and sincerity then he ever had, he sang right to her. There were no cameras, no other people in the audience. To him, there was only her.

'After all these years, After all these tears between us.
Still I couldn't find, Someone half as right as you.
And each time I stop to think, What it is I really need.
And I must conclude, All I really need is you.
Just say, What you wanna say,
You don't have a chance in the world.
Can I, knowing how I tried, To come close to losing you,
When you are my world.
Have I, Spent so many nights, Trying but in vain, To tell you,
Yes you know it's true, All I really need is you.'

He couldn't even hear what the judges had to say, all he saw was Sam getting up and walking away.

Sam had to get out of there, she didn't want anyone, especially David, to see the tears forming in her eyes.
Had he meant it? The words to his song, all the messages he'd left, apologizing and begging for a second chance?
She was almost outside when Jerry stopped her, 'Sam, I've been asked to give you this.'
He handed her a note.
Sam took it and read, 'Sam, if we ever meant anything to each other, please go to room 23 at the hotel. After that, if you still never want to see me again, I'll understand and leave you alone. David.'

Sam didn't know what to expect when she arrived at the hotel, she didn't even know why she'd came, he had hurt her so badly.
'But you still love him.' A little voice in the back of her mind answered for her.
She reached the hall and saw a trail of Hersey Kisses leading to room 23, when she opened the door, rose petals rained down on her, then her eyes fell on a bouquet of a dozen red roses and a note on the couch where they'd once fallen asleep together.
She picked it up and read, 'I've done everything I can think of to make this up to you, I've even kissed the ground you walk on and showered you with roses, I'll do anything to get you back, please give me just one more chance.'
As soon as she finished reading, she felt two arms wrap around her waist, and felt the scruff of Davids beard against her cheek as he held her tightly.
'Please don't walk out of my life Sam, it isn't worth living without you.' He breathed softly.
She gently pushed his arms away and turned to face him, he looked scared as if he thought she'd leave.
'Did you mean it? All of it?' She quietly asked.
'Everyword. My song, my messages, I love you Sam! Can't you ever forgive me?' He looked so sad, his eyes pleading.
She wrapped her arms around his neck. 'I forgive you.' She said softly, as a big smile spread across his face.
'This is when you should kiss me you know.' She smiled.
He slowly leaned in and gently brushed her lips with his, then paused to pull away and look into her eyes, before kissing her more passionately.
He then picked her up and carried her over to the bed, causing Sam to giggle.
He gently laid her down, and caressed her face with his hand, staring into the eyes he'd feared he'd never see again.
He loved this woman with every part of his being, all he wanted was to be close to her...
He kissed her lips then moved down leaving a trail of kisses down her neck, leaving goosebumps on her skin where ever he touched her.
He began to unbutton her top.
She took his hands in hers to stop him.
'Do you trust me?' He softly asked, his lips barely an inch from hers.
She looked into his eyes, so full of love and caring, and was amazed by how much love she felt for this man.
She slowly nodded.
They made love, and their hearts became further intertwined.
When they finished, David held her tightly in his arms. 'I love you Sam.' He whispered in her ear.
'I love you David.' She answered.
And they fell asleep in each others arms.

The next morning, sunlight woke Sam, she looked over at David, sleeping soundly, the morning sun illuminating his face.
He looked like an angel sleeping there, she thought, gently touching his face and leaving a kiss on his bare shoulder.
She watched him sleep as she remembered last night.
She wasn't sure how this was going to work, he was poised to win American Idol in a few weeks, shortly after that, Sam would be leaving to go on tour.
But she knew one thing, she had given her heart to this man completely.
She loved him in a way she never thought she could love, and she knew she would do anything for him, and follow him anywhere.
They'd figure it out as they went along, but for now she was just going to live in the moment.
She laid back down, wrapping her arms around him, and breathing in his cologne.
She smiled, letting joy and love wash over her, in the morning sun.

The End."

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »

wave For anyone who may be reading this, blush I'd really love to hear any thoughts or comments you might have. I understand this story might not be for everyone, but I've never written anything before and I was so happy/proud that I did, that I wanted to share, so I bought it over here, and I'd really love to hear what you think, even if it's negative, that way I'll know if this story blows and I won't bother posting the sequel when I'm finished with it! Laughing
~Kelly~

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx