gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:47:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 25 :: On His Own Terms... (All Members Welcome!)  (Read 235577 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: June 27, 2008, 06:40:32 PM »

Welcome to CM Discussion number 25.  This is the official Clay discussion thread at Claymaniacs.com. 

To that end, please include Clay content in your posts. News, articles, links to pictures, thoughts, opinions or anything that encourages conversation is welcome.  Personal conversation should take place in our community threads. 

Antagonistic or adversarial comments are not allowed. State your opinion then move on. Please also note that you are free to scroll through posts which do not interest you.

An opinion that differs from your own is not a personal attack on you.  A negative opinion is not a personal attack on Clay.

This is a linear style thread, in that several topics may be discussed in this single thread, sometimes all at once.  All rules and guidelines referenced in the Forum Info section apply here.  This is an all ages thread, so please insure content is appropriate.

In order to keep the tone conversational, links to pictures are encouraged but clickable thumbnails may also be posted in moderation.  No post-hoing of pics!!  No full-sized photos will be permitted.

All previous threads will be archived in the "Archives - Critical Mass" forum.

Thanks and have fun!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Am I firstest?

LOL! Huggles bigsmile

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »

HEY PAMELA AND CLANDY

Thanks for our new meeting place

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »

OMIGAWD!! FIRST PAGE!!!

I am so very proud of what Clay is doing with his life- taking care of the things that matter. I definitely think that the thread title is appropriate.

And Gwenn- your friend is wise-I totally agree with her!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 07:36:54 PM »

marilyn!

Huggles wave

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »

Have any of you seen the new pictures of the cast of Spamalot..The new King,  Patsy and TLOTL....  it just looks strange...I wonder how the ticket sales have been since the new cast members have joined?

I like the new title : On His Own Terms   That would make a catchy new song title.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:06:03 PM »

I LIKE THE THREAD TITLE ALSO.  I AM GONNA RELAY TO MY DEAR FRIEND ALL OF THE GOOD WORDS.  I LOVE HER LIKE A SISTER AND THAT SHE IS UNDERSTANDING CLAY BETTER THAN MANY OF US IS MIND BOGGLING.

I DON'T THINK I WANT TO SEE THE NEW SPAMAOT CAST.  IT WOULD SEEM ODD TO ME.  THAT SHOW WILL FOREVER BE CLAY'S SHOW.  HIS PREMIER ON BROADWAY.  I HOPE HE GOES BACK.  I THINK HE WILL.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »

HIS PREMIER ON BROADWAY.  I HOPE HE GOES BACK.  I THINK HE WILL.

GWENN, I hope so, too.   Methinks sooner or later he's going to be back on Broadway originating a role in a new musical produced by Mike Nichols.  I'm holding on tight to that hope!!!

I like the new title : On His Own Terms   That would make a catchy new song title.

MIMI, I'd like to take that a step further and suggest they make that the title of Clay's next CD! Then SUNNY will be given a huge check for coming up with the title which she will, of course, spend on buying all of us front row seats on the next tour.!!! 

Well, I'm off for the night.  It's great to have a new CM Session courtesy of our wonderful MS PAMELA.  Huggles  Let's make this the best ever!!!! 

Baby Dust

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 08:43:52 PM »

I'm off   off to bed    too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
franniek54
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »

It had occured to me before, that this choice (IIT) might have appealed to Clay on some level BECAUSE it was so daring.

He doesn't seem to like it that fans think they know him, and he likes to shock and surprise.

I think he's got a little bit of Madonna in him.
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »

It had occured to me before, that this choice (IIT) might have appealed to Clay on some level BECAUSE it was so daring.

He doesn't seem to like it that fans think they know him, and he likes to shock and surprise.

Good one, franniek54rofl

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »

Hello fine ladies of CM. wave Sorry to interupt but delurking to comment.

Frannie-I agree with you that Clay and Madonna have some things in common. bigsmile People seemed to be more interested in her personal life more then her music too. Same with Clay sadly. And ofcourse they changed their hair more then anyone else. Laughing

Take care and love to all and Clay. Huggles

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 12:28:30 AM »

Okay then ...

But if he comes out on stage somewhere in a metal bra, I'm outta here!
   ROFLMAO

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »

Regarding this...

BEEDAWN wrote:
Just got a e-mail from UNICEF re: that CNN Special on 7/6/08

Quote:
As a UNICEF supporter you've shown that you want to be a close partner in the global fight to save children's lives. That means you won't want to miss a remarkable program airing on CNN on Sunday, July 6 at 8 and 11 pm (ET).

"The Survival Project: One Child at a Time" is an hour-long special that explores why, each day, more than 26,000 children die from preventable causes, and how we at UNICEF are doing whatever it takes to save young lives.

CNN's chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, will host the program and UNICEF Ambassador Lucy Liu will participate in a panel discussion on the issues. There will also be a special announcement of the newest celebrity Ambassador to join our ranks.

Tune in to this historic broadcast and then visit unicefusa.org to reaffirm your commitment to the fight for child survival.

Thanks—as always—for your dedication to the world's children.

Very, very cool!  I think the newest celeb ambassador is Edward James Olmos.  From his site:  

He is an activist for children's causes and Latino charities.
He's an ambassador for UNICEF.

Don't know if he's the new one, or if that's old news.  Either way, two of my favorite guys showing the love for sweet, innocent children.  Gotta love it.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 04:22:25 AM »

Lady C,
             You never know what he might do next. He likes to keep us on our toes and we keep
        coming back for more. My life would be awfully dull without him!!!!

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 04:25:36 AM »

Tiffany,
                   How nice to hear from you, I miss you. Don"t stay away too long.
                         Love, love Clay, today and every day.

Betty
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 06:26:57 AM »

MIMI, I'd like to take that a step further and suggest they make that the title of Clay's next CD! Then SUNNY will be given a huge check for coming up with the title which she will, of course, spend on buying all of us front row seats on the next tour.!!! 

'Sounds like a plan!

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 06:47:26 AM »

The thread title is so very appropriate. It is my feeling that Clay has always attempted to handle things on his own terms, but many fans felt that they had a right to judge Clay if "his terms" and "their terms" were not in sync.  It seems that Clay now has firmly established the fact that he will conduct his life "on his own terms".   I sure can live with that! Clapping  His terms may not always make the most sense to many of us. . . but he is calling the shots. Huggles

I can hardly wait to find out what his next move will be. Wink

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 07:12:12 AM »

The thread title is so very appropriate. It is my feeling that Clay has always attempted to handle things on his own terms, but many fans felt that they had a right to judge Clay if "his terms" and "their terms" were not in sync.  It seems that Clay now has firmly established the fact that he will conduct his life "on his own terms".   I sure can live with that! Clapping  His terms may not always make the most sense to many of us. . . but he is calling the shots. Huggles

I can hardly what to find out what his next move will be. Wink

PERFECTLY SAID, BARB.  IT IS HIS LIFE.  HE NEVER LIVED INSIDE THE BOX AND HE SURE ISN'T GONNA NOW.  HIS LOOK HAS CHANGED, THANK GOD, BUT HE IS STILL THAT KID FROM RALEIGH.  I SAID TO MANY THAT HE MUST HAVE BEEN A MESS TO RAISE AND TO TEACH.  HE STILL AIN'T EASY.  BUT HE IS SUCH A GOOD PERSON.

WHERE ARE THOSE SOMALIA PIX FOR HEAVEN SAKE??????

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 07:35:37 AM »

FRANNIE, yikes you're right! Very interesting comparison.  And sometimes, just like Madonna, I  think he enjoys playing us like a violin.  I remember an incident at Musikfest several years ago.  MARION and I were walking around the venue before the concert, and suddenly she pointed out Clay  sitting in some little building with his feet up. (Do you remember that, MARION--sometimes I get mixed up on details.    ?) When he saw us and our "girly" reaction, he just started laughing (probably at us).  You know, I think he's got our number.  He teases us and then laughs at us when we come back for more.  Normally I wouldn't put up with that, but I do with Clay because for me it's all in fun!

wave KRIS, it's always good to "see" you!   Huggles  Hope you are enjoying better health these days!
But if he comes out on stage somewhere in a metal bra, I'm outta here!    ROFLMAO

eek!  ROFLMAO

Hope everybody has a great day.  We're taking P to  O'Hare (airport) this afternoon.  I'll miss him, but happily he'll be back on Thursday!!!!

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx