gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:20:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping Up With David Cook  (Read 106528 times)
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2009, 05:33:42 PM »

From Spot: a Philippine site,
David Cook tells Spot: "I'm blowing off the roof of Mall of Asia"
by Dyan Zarzuela
5/14/09

Yes, he’s really here and yes, the concert is still on. The seventh American Idol David Cook faces off with runner-up David Archuleta at their first-ever concert together right here on Saturday. Spot gives you 10 things David to tide you over ’til Saturday:

10. He thinks Pinoys are unreal. In a good way, that is. “The support and the kind words I’ve gotten from people here in just the day that I’ve been here is unreal,” he says. He hasn’t seen much of the Philippines though, just the airport and hotel, but fellow Idol contestant and Pinoy-born Ramiele Malubay, and another friend have filled him in.

9. He’s no Britney Spears.You won’t see a snake draped over his shoulders on Saturday. “I could never put on a show like that… [We’ll] just play rock and crack a few bad jokes along the way,” he said. But he does have a surprise for Saturday: his wardrobe. “We’ll probably be dressed a little nicer for this show than for the shows back home,” he says.

8. He’s going to “blow the roof off of Mall of Asia.” Not only is he pumped up for probably one of the hugest crowds he’s ever played for, he’ll also be performing with Archuleta whom he calls “one of his best friends,” and singing songs he wrote. “It makes it easier for me to go onstage and sing a song with conviction which in turn makes it easier for the audience to hopefully not only to get into the song but get into the emotion I’m putting behind singing and performing that song,” he says.

7. He says something stupid before every show. Not just him, though—the entire band. Guess there’s really strength in numbers. Their pre-concert ritual is to put their hands together and say something stupid. Personally, David clears his head and visualizes a great show. “I’ve found that if I have time to do that before a show, it’s usually a better show,” he says.

6. He calls himself a jack of all trades, master of none. Despite his last name, he’s no cook, and a mediocre athlete to boot. “For that matter, I’m a mediocre guitar player but I guess that hasn’t stopped me. *laughter*”

5. He’s boycotting Twitter. Fans tell him all the time they’ve talked to him in Twitter, he doesn’t have a Twitter account. “I can’t wrap my head around the idea of “12:34 p.m. Hey everybody, I had a sandwich.” It seems overly, I guess, mundane to me.” He prefers blogging because “for starters, it’s not as frequent as Twitter.”

4. He’s happy with just “a little more than bread and water.” A wise person once told him to be sparse with his rider list (the things an artist can request.) “Don’t ask for more than you need because when the chips are down, those promoters to whom you gave grief over that rider can help you when you’re maybe not on top of the mountain,” he says.

3. His laundry basket is an elaborate desk. He has a lot of stupid purchases but this takes the cake. “That’s the dumbest thing because I never use it for its purpose,” he says. By the way, the desk is in his bedroom…

2. All he needs is “a guitar, a microphone and five people in the audience.” He’ll play anywhere. “The opportunity to play is something I don’t take too lightly because it was not long ago when I was fighting with some bar owner to let me play and take 20 percent at the door,” he says. Bet that bar owner regrets that fight now.

1. Five years from now, he’ll be designing greeting cards. No, not really. But he did say he “welcomes any and all opportunities.” He would love to act. There are some acting offers but nothing final. Though he’s open to anything, he says, “I’m a musician first. That’s always gonna take precedence.”

wave ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2009, 05:54:04 PM »

From Channel News Asia:
American Idol stars checked for H1N1 flu in Philippines
5/14/09

MANILA - The two top contenders from last season's hit US television show "American Idol" faced H1N1 flu checks by government doctors after landing in the Philippines to perform a concert, officials said Thursday.

David Cook and David Archuleta, winner and runner-up respectively of the seventh season of the highly popular reality show, immediately consulted their lawyers when quarantine officials came knocking as they rested in their hotel rooms late Wednesday, a day after arriving in the Philippines.

The officials were enforcing health regulations aimed at keeping the Southeast Asian nation of 90 million people free of the A(H1N1) virus, said Edgardo Sabitsana, director of the quarantine bureau.

The heart-throbs, who are set to perform Saturday at a Manila shopping mall, were made to answer a checklist based on recommendations from the Atlanta-based Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.

Sabitsana told reporters it took almost three hours to persuade the celebrities to meet the quarantine officials and that during that time the two Americans rang their lawyers.

He said the officials stressed to the two artists that the government could hold, arrest or detain people or even ban the planned concert over concerns about the H1N1 flu.

The officials are scheduled to visit Cook and Archuleta again Thursday, and their managers also pledged to have both checked for flu symptoms at least twice a day, Sabitsana said.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque said that as of Thursday there were still no confirmed cases of the virus in the Philippines.

All 49 people who had been put under observation in government and private hospitals since May 1 have been discharged, he said.

Duque added that all public gatherings must follow guidelines issued by the health department "and this is now being applied to David Cook and David Archuleta."

Channel News Asia

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »

From GMA News:
Simon Cowell won’t be David Cook’s best man
by Mark Joseph Ubalde
5/15/09

MANILA, Philippines - On American Idol winner David Cook's wedding day, judge Simon Cowell won’t certainly wait with him on the aisle.

Cook, who converted his staunch critic into an adulating fan and friend, said the sharp-tongued judge might not be the best man for his wedding’s Best Man.

"If I ever get married I don’t think Simon Cowell would be my best man," Cook said Friday morning (Manila time) in Magic 89.9's radio show.

Idol's season 7 winner said Cowell might just pass up on the idea of being the most important man in his wedding day.

Despite giving Cowell the thumbs down for the best man job, Cook praised the British judge for helping him become the man he is now.

"Simon is still my favorite judge. If I get Simon to say something good, then I know I’ve done something right," Cook said.

Although tabloids reported him buying a $54,000 2-carat diamond ring last year, the 26-year-old Oklahoma native has ended his relationship with second season Idol Kimberly Caldwell.

In the early stages of Idol’s 7th season, Cowell had not been too favorable of Cook whom he even called once as a bit “obnoxious." But Cook’s willingness to take risks with his song choice and arrangements had soon won over the acerbic judge.

But Cowell sparked widespread speculation that he might be leaving "Idol." In an interview in England's Daily Mirror, he said he can't keep up his busy schedule indefinitely. Besides "Idol," Cowell has two British-based shows and other projects.

Cowell has since clarified that he won’t say goodbye just yet to Idol. [See: 'Idol' star Simon Cowell says he isn't leaving yet]

"I sure hope everyone of them is going to stick around," Cook said.

Cook is visiting Manila for a one-night only concert with fellow Idol alum David Archuleta on Saturday.

GMA News

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »

From The Business Mirror:
Two Davids conquer the Philippines without fear
by Totel V. De Jesus
5/15/09

If Goliath were alive today, two stones will surely hit him on the head and he’d be twice dead.

Then again, no need for him to die like that nowadays because the two most famous Davids --- surnamed Cook and Archuleta --- whose impact to most people worldwide is near idolatry, are nothing but harmless and charming singers.

They are the top winners in the seventh season of “American Idol”, which is watched by billions worldwide. In this much-imitated reality TV show, Cook was the grand winner last year while Archuleta was the closest runner-up. And they are here in the Philippines to conquer the hearts of millions of Filipino fans with a one-night-only concert at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds on May 16, which is a Saturday night.

“I’d like to try your most famous delicacy. How do you call that? Balut?” said the 26-year-old Cook, when asked by a reporter from a local daily in a press con held Thursday night what Filipino food he’d like to taste, to which Archuleta agreed. Balut is loosely defined in English as aborted duck’s egg.

It is no wonder why they are somehow familiar in things related to Filipinos. Both competed with a Filipino-American AI finalist in the person of Ramielle Malubay, who was in the Philippines in December last year to guest in a two-night show topbilled by Ogie Alcasid, winners of the very first Pinoy Idol and to visit her relatives in Quezon Province.  Malubay is also fond of balut.

“Whenever she’s talking on the phone, I’d hear her speak in a language we can’t understand but she always had this great big smile,” said Cook. In fact, he learned to speak a word in Filipino and remembered it well. “Sah-lah-mat (Thank you), did I get it right?” he asked the ever-patronizing members of the local entertainment press, composed of blushing gay male broadsheet and tabloid editors, columnists and writers.

“I remember dried mango. She’d bring dried mango and I love it,” said Archuleta, who was also intrigued, through Malubay, about Regine Velasquez. He mentioned in several earlier interviews that he wanted to meet Velasquez but as of press time, there was no confirmation if they did.

A lady writer, in an attempt to fish out information about the two Davids’ love life, asked what keeps on inspiring them the most. Cook mentioned how his family and friends have become important to him, now that he’s famous and getting richer. “I don’t know a single person who inspires me as a singer and a performer. I think it’s everything around me,” he added.

The 18-year-old Archuleta seconded the motion, mentioning how his family and friends shaped the musician in him. Like Cook, he has a self-titled album he’s also promoting in this tour. In an earlier local TV guesting, he cited how diverse his musical influences have become, starting from Nat King Cole, Kansas, Michael Jackson, the musical Les Miserables when he was a child up to Jason Miraz nowadays.

Archuleta has tried acting and has had cameo appearances in Nickelodeon’s “Carly” in an episode titled “Rock the Vote” as well as in “Hannah Montana”, doing a duet with Miley Cyrus. 

Cook’s influences have been as diverse as classic R&B to rock. In AI, he can do mean versions of Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean,” U2’s “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For,” The Who’s “Baba O’ Reilly” to John Lennon’s “Imagine.” Prior to joining AI, he was already an accomplished singer-composer with an album titled Analog Heart. After his victory on AI, he’s been touring the US to promote his self-titled second album.

As for the song that defines each of them and the lives they lead, Cook thought of “Life on the fast lane” by the Eagles while Archuleta chose “These Words,” by Natasha Bedingfield. They didn’t mention if they are going to sing these but fans are expecting their winning songs like Elton John’s “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” for Archuleta and Regie Hamm’s “Time of My Life” for Cook.

The two arrived in Manila on Tuesday, May 12, in separate flights. They’ve been busy making the rounds of TV shows and malls to promote their first concert in the Philippines.

“We’re glad of the reception they are receiving now. At first, we thought the concert is like a secret,” said actor Jomari Yllana, who is co-owner of the firm behind the concert, Fearless Productions. To the surprise of many, Yllana personally called members of the press to invite them in the supposedly strict and intimate news conference.

The well-attended press con in a five-star hotel in Mandaluyong City was supposed to be held in a smaller function room but it was transferred to a bigger ballroom only a few hours before the said event so as to accommodate more requests for coverage.

Security wasn’t that tight because some loyal female fans who’ve followed the two Davids in their earlier mall tours were able to sneak in at the said venue. Then again, they didn’t do anything that would cause a commotion --- for one, they didn’t even line up at the buffet table --- as they behaved well and orderly, which could predict how the upcoming concert will take place.

As of press time, many are crossing their fingers if the two Davids can equal, if not surpass, the Goliath-like audience turnout --- around 100,000 --- of the Eraserheads Live! Reunion Concert in March 7 this year, which was held in a bigger venue called Open Grounds, the car-park-by-day concrete area located on the northern part of MOA, facing the Promenade Hall.

The Concert Ground is another open-air car-park-by-day venue on the southern end of MOA, right beside SMEX convention halls. It is where American rock band Journey, featuring Filipino singer Arnel Pineda, had a show held on March 14 also this year, gathering an estimated 50,000-strong crowd. 

Then again, like the heroic Biblical character also named David, the production outfit is called Fearless.

The Business Mirror

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

From The Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation:
David Cook on Pinoys, Lennon-McCartney, and the other David
by Yugel Losorata
5/16/09

"American Idol” Seventh Season winner David Cook co-headlines runner-up David Archuleta in the much-anticipated live act at Mall of Asia concert grounds on May 16. The thrill being felt off the atmosphere has gotten within Cook himself who expressed delight about our country and its people.
The voice behind the now-popular renditions of Mariah Carey’s “Always Be My Baby” and The Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby” feels blessed having found himself in spotlight with all the admiration from Filipino fans. “I’m really kind of impressed on the Filipino musical desire to come out here and see just how much they appreciate we’re out here and how excited they are about the show,” he said.

Both Davids arrived just hours apart last Tuesday and will fly off the morning after the concert. While some fans think of tonight’s concert as a venue for both to outshine each other, Cook finds the David versus David thing irrelevant to the event. For him, he never sees Archuleta as a competitor, rather he thinks of the latter as a great singer. He recalled their Idol duel, “I remember that we had the coolest conversation during that week when everyone was making a huge deal about David vs. David and we kind of laugh about it; it seems so absurd. I would choose the word friend than competitor.”

The concert, called “David and David Live in Manila” will feature Idol stuff they popularized, their post-Idol individual records, and few surprises.

Cook has revealed himself being an old soul who keeps things of sentimental value. His first guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, is still with him, while he picks Sir Paul McCartney as that single biggest artist he would want to work with. He describes the ex-Beatle as “the consummate songwriter” and wishes to watch him and take note of how he does things.

Asked if that means Paul is his favorite among the Fab Four, he didn’t count the late John Lennon out. “It’s a tie between John and Paul,” he insisted. “I love both of them. Paul is the pop ideal who manages to write really interesting music without deviating from that; that’s amazing!”

“On the other hand, John wrote some of the most interesting odd-sounding music and somehow always managed to make them work. They both seem to be on two divergent paths and it just happened they crossed each other’s in the woods. When they crossed, something amazing happens. That’s such a cool thing and it’s extremely rare to find something like that.”

Cook also displays a healthy outlook about his art, especially that days ago, his brother Adam died of cancer. He doesn’t hide his sad feelings about his brother’s death, but still offered something positive that goes to show he’s handling the matter well. “My brother’s passing is a terrible thing. Yet, after over a decade of battling cancer, he finally gets a chance to stop and relax and rest. Adam always got a really big thrill watching me have a good time. At this point, it’s easy to stop in a while and cancel shows and go home and deal with it. But I would much rather honor his memory. The best way to do it is to go out and do something that he enjoys watch me do.”

MB.com

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:43 PM »

From Spot: a Philippine site,
A Very Close Encounter with David Cook
5/18/09

Warning: Do not read this if you’ve had enough of David Cook.
David Cook fan, actress/model/Shu Uemura makeup artist/photographer Josa Primero nearly fainted when she was booked to be his personal makeup artist and hairstylist for his TV guestings, press conference and concert last week. “Bawal [to act like a] fan, ha,” she was warned.

Upon meeting him at his Broadway Centrum dressing room for his Eat Bulaga guesting, she feigned nonchalance, “but my heart was going to burst any moment then,” she reveals. “He didn’t want the airconditioner on, so it was so hot in the room. I cleaned his face, applied concealer and airbrushed makeup on to his face. He started laughing so hard because he wasn’t breathing. I said, ‘It’s okay; I’m covering your nose naman,’ and he laughed again.”

David noticed that she’s “tall for a Filipina” so he measured his height (6’1”) against hers (5’10”). “I nearly died when he said, ‘You look like Keira Knightley, my ultimate dream date.’ I couldn’t speak so I just smiled.” After the TV guesting, they went off to Shangri-la EDSA for a press con. A little powder and then she left but not without a beso from David.

Backstage at the May 16 concert at the Mall of Asia, Josa had another beso from David when he arrived. “Wala naman masyadong kuwento because he had to rehearse. I could hear David Archuleta vocalizing in the other room.” Josa just applied powder as David said that the makeup would just fade anyway. “His skin is very nice… I thought I would faint from being in the same room as he was, what more when I had to apply lip balm on his lips!”

“The whole experience was insane. No he didn’t ask me out, but he sang “Always Be My Baby” to me in the dressing room. I blushed to death. I still can’t believe how lucky I was!” Josa recounts. “I still can’t breathe up to now.”

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »

From the Malaysian Word Nerds: Smile Post 1 of 2
Speed dating with David Cook!
5/15/09

We’re kidding. Sort of. Read on!

Proving themselves to be the best fan-aware label in the world ever, Sony Malaysia allowed us, on behalf of the David Cook fans, to interview him on the 12th of May while he was in the Philippines. MYwn would like to extend a big thank you to Dawn, Janice and the Sony team for making this happen. Without further ado, here is the video of our video conference with David Cook, plus the transcript. MYwn would appreciate if you could link back to the site when quoting or reposting to other sites. Thank you.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Renee: Hi David, I’m Renee.
David: Hi, Minnie.
Renee: Renee, Renee.
David: Say what?
Renee: Renee.
David: Vinnie? Okay, well I’m trying very hard not to mispronounce it too many more times.
Renee: Okay. My question is “If you could have three wishes, what would you want? What would your wishes be?”.
David: Oh wow. Uh, first wish…first wish would be for my little brother to have a record deal because he really wants one.
*lots of cheering and clapping going on*
David: Wow. Second wish, uh…second wish would be a lifetime free pass to McDonalds’. My third wish…I just got a new home and I need a nice muscle car to put in the garage.
Renee: Cool.
David: *laughs*
Renee: Thank you, David.
David: Bye.

David: Hello.
Sue: My name is Sue.
David: Hi, Sue.
Sue: My question is…sorry I’m nervous. Okay, what’s your plan for the band in the next five years? Have you guys picked a name for the band?
David: Hmmm. Well, the plan for the band in the next five years is…we’re gonna try to stay together and keep playing music. They’re amazing guys, great friends and it’s very strange. I’ve known a few of them for a long time and few of them for a short time, and I couldn’t imagine playing music with anyone else right now. So, that’s good. As far as the band names, we think we have one.
Sue: Can you spit it out for us?
David: I can’t tell you yet. It’s been killing me, I want to. We’re just going for the legalities to make sure some tanning salon somewhere isn’t named the same thing. But hopefully soon.
Sue: Okay, thanks a lot, David.
David: Thank you very much, Sue.

Awalia: Hello, David.
David: Can I ask you a quick question?
Awalia: Yes?
David: Who is that behind you?
Awalia: Not David Cook. It’s Usher, some guy.
Kavi: He’s not as awesome, right?
David: *smiles* Okay.
Awalia: My name is Awalia.
David: Okay, hi.
Awalia: My question is “How did you come to know of Neal and Andy in the first place?”
David: Umm, that is a good question with a decent story.
Everyone else: Tell, tell.
David: Alright, alright. Well, I was in my band Axium back home in Kansas City, Missouri and we had been offered a show opening for this band called Caroline’s Spine…uh-oh, it froze.
David: Hi.
Awalia: Hi.
David: Okay. Hi. So, story. I was down in Tulsa, Oklahoma which is about 4 hours south of us and they asked us to come down and open for a band called Caroline’s Spine and Andy and Neal’s band MWK was mid-lining. And so I met them there and they were both very quiet, and I thought they were kind of jerks. But then we kind of stayed in contact and ended up trading shows. They came out to Kansas City, we went back down to Tulsa. Then, we did this little two weeks mini tour around our hometowns and it just kind of solidified the friendship. So, whenever I got bored at school or whenever I had spring break, I always go down to Tulsa to hang out with them, and that’s pretty much how that happened. So, told you it’s a decent story, not a great one.
Awalia: At least you have a story. Okay, thank you, David!
David: Thanks. See you.

Teri: Hi, David. I’m Teri.
David: Hi. Hello.
Teri: That’s my son at the back.
David: I can’t see him.
Teri: This is my son, Nick.
David: Hi, son.
Nick: I’ve got one question.
David: Uh-oh.
*line gets cut off*
David: Hey, sorry man. You all got cut off, it all got crazy and you look like mimes.
Nick: David.
David: Yes?
Nick: When are you coming to perform in Malaysia?
David: Hopefully soon. I know I want to be there but I haven’t been able to schedule just yet, but hopefully soon. I would love to come and play there. Get your cardboard Usher-thing there*.
Teri: Yeah, that Usher thing must have offended you??
David: *laughs* Oh my God.
Teri: I’d just like to ask you about, okay, on the bus, there are so many of you on the bus and you know, everyone every night will be doing different things. So, how do you get the hours of sleep?
Teri: Who actually tells you to go to sleep?
David: Here’s where it gets fun. You know, we try really hard to be respectful of each other, especially in such tight quarters, and you know after, especially for me, after getting up and doing press, and doing all the things you have to do for a show, and doing the show, I’m all exhausted afterwards, I’ve gotten really good at sleeping around a lot of noise and to the point where I can’t sleep in hotels very well anymore. I can’t sleep unless I have a kind of stuff going on around me which is, uh, it’s not fun sometimes. But you know, I don’t know. I mean, again, I get to travel the country and the world with some of my best friends so that makes it a little more bearable when they won’t shut up while I’m trying to sleep.
Teri:  And you’ll be playing your PS,right?
David: Yeah, yeah.
Teri: And Dublin?
David: Dublin has been on the road with us for about a month and holds his own, he makes more noise than anybody.
Teri: When are you taking him on stage?
David: Oh, he, umm. You know, it’s funny. For him being a musician’s pet, he hates noise. He hates, like, loud guitars and stuff like that. So he’ll normally…he’ll normally gets kind of anxious and probably bite somebody if I bring him on stage while I’m playing.
Teri: We hope to see Dublin soon.
Teri: I dont want to hold up the rest. Thanks a lot, David.
David: Thank you.
David: Dublin should get his own record deal.

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »

Continuing: bigsmile
Kat: Hi, Dave. I’m Kathleen.
David: Hi, Kathy.
Kat: Okay, I have one question. What happened to Pork Beans?
David: Ah, Pork Beans. We’re working on something extra special on Pork Beans. It may or may not involve a new character. Past that, Pork Beans is kind of been hiding for a myriad of reasons. One: Terry, our assistant light tech is actually striking for more money; and two: the van de Kamp Pork and Beans company has actually filed litigation against us for using the term ‘Pork Beans’ and I think we’ve gotten all that out of the way and hopefully we should have another one up soon. Those are all lies, by the way. I’m just making them up. We just got lazy. That’s it.
Kat: Yeah, I figured.
David: I had to say that, otherwise we’ll really get sued by van de Kamp.

Roxy: Hey, David. My name is Roxy.
David: Hi, Roxy.
Roxy: My question for you is that you’ve sung some unreleased tracks on the tour, are you planning to sing anymore of these unreleased tracks?
David: You know, we’ve got a little, we’ve got like a couple of weeks between legs of this tour and we’re working up on some new covers already for the summer months. The good thing about these unreleased tracks is that not only are they something that I’m familiar with, they’re something that Neal and Andy are familiar with. Neal actually produced that record that never got put out. So, I would say…I would say the odds are adequate to probable that you’ll get to hear more stuff from that record. Whether it be on the tour or whether it be on the next record, I don’t know.
Roxy: Thank you. Enjoy Manila.
David: Yeah, thank you very much.

Kavi: Hi, David. My name is Kavidha.
Kavi: My question for you is… a long question.
David: Okay.
Kavi: Failure basically, I assume, has been a huge part of your life but music has been a passion, I guess. So, what made you never give up despite fear of disappointing your family and your friends because you know you said that you’d put a benchmark for yourself that at 26 years old if you didn’t, you know, make it big, you’d go back to the 9 to 5 thing, and then… Idol and stuff. So, you know, what made you never give up? Because it’s kind of like an inspirational story here, so yeah.
David: I think I’m stubborn for starters. I mean, in this particular situation, it served me well. I refuse to kind of just quit, I don’t know. I think my dad is in his fifties and he still plays guitar. He doesn’t play out, he doesn’t, you know, go play shows or anything, but he still plays. And just the joy that he gets out of doing that, that’s enough to make me want to keep doing this because I get an immense amount of joy walking out on stage and having a bunch of people think I’m cool, which is…
Kavi: Which you are.
David: Can be a little misguided. I’m not as cool as people think I am but just, you know. I think the real solidifying moment for me…this is the long answer to your long question. I just joined MWK and it was like my second or third show and we went to L.A. and showcased for this label, that I will not name. The head of this label, who I will also not name, told me very specifically after we auditioned for him that I, myself,f should find something else to do with my life and that maybe music isn’t cut out for me and maybe I’m not cut out for music.
Kat: It was a good idea you didn’t tell us the name.
David: *smiles* Needless to say, he is not working with me now. So…but I think, just, that galvanised me, that just did it. To have somebody say that and for me to be able to just walking out back and say “You know what? Forget that guy. I’m going to keep playing music anyway”.
Kavi: We’re glad you did!
David: Me too. Believe me, this pays better than bartending. So, it worked out.
Kavi: I’ll believe that. Thank you. Also? One day, I hope to hear the story behind the mustard thing. I hear it’s a really good story.
David: I’ll tell you what? I’ve had people question why I dislike mustard so much, when I tell them that story, they get “Oh, okay, I get it. I get it”, but that’s another day.
Kavi: Thank you. I’ll be seeing you in Manila, actually.
David: Absolutely, we’ll see you there.
Kavi: Alright, bye. Thank you.

Nadia: Hi, I’m Nadia.
David: Hi, Nadia.
Nadia: Hi. Okay, I have a question for you. Usually, I’ve watched some singers on stage and stuff and, I wonder, you know they sing the same songs night after night, right? Do you get tired of the songs, singing every night or how do you make it new?
David: I don’t get tired. Okay, let me back up. I do, I do get tired, but not in the sense that I don’t want to play them. I think if I had to play to an empty room every night the same song, I think I’d get tired of playing them and not want to play them. So that’s the great thing about this job. I go on stage and play the same songs every night to completely different people and so I have completely different reactions, and when people ask me what my favourite song is played fluctuates* because, you know, the vibe that I get one night playing ‘Lie’ to a certain crowd, I’ll get a completely different vibe on that song and I get a certain vibe that I like more playing Mr. Sensitive. So, it’s the same but it’s different, if that makes any sense at all?
Nadia: Yeah. Okay, thank you.
David: Thanks, Nadia.

Ain: Okay, everybody’s going, just so you know, everyone’s like *throws hands up in the air*.
David: I hear all these suppressed giggles in the background and I have no idea what’s going on.
Ain: The thing is I just said to them earlier before we came in that this is kind of like speed dating, you know, and we’re all going round in circles and when it’s time you hear ‘ding!’.
David: What’s your sign? What are your hobbies?
Ain: That’s for me to know and for you to find out.
David: Exactly. Right.
Ain: I did not mean to flirt with him.
Ain: I’m glad you found some humour in that. Anyway, the reason why I’m holding up this phone is because one of our friends wanted to be here so desperately is unfortunately stuck somewhere in the Jakarta Stock Exchange, hopefully not on the roof trying to jump down.
David: Right.
Ain: So I have her on loudspeaker, so maybe Phui San, you want to say ‘Hi’?
Phui San: Hi, David.
Phui San: Can you hear me?
David: Barely.
Phui San: Oh my God.
Ain: Phui San, you’re on loudspeaker.
Phui San: No, I’m in the meeting room.
Ain: Oops! Okay, sorry.
Phui San: Well, first, I just want to say ‘Hi’ and send my regards to the band members.
David: Oh yeah, yeah. I’ll tell them you said that. That’s awesome.
Phui San: I’ll see you live in Manila.
Ain: She’s going to be in Manila as well.
David: We’ll see you there, and I’ll have no idea what you look like because I can’t see you right now.
Ain: She will be carrying a huge green banner that says “Malaysian Word Nerds”, so you can look out around probably…
Phui San: Look for us, look for us!
Ain: Yeah, on the left side of the stage or on the right side, I’m not sure, but look at either side. You’ll see it. Green! Green!
David: I got it.
Ain: I do have to have to ask you a question, right? Okay, so, this is my question. I don’t know, I hope this isn’t too sensitive or anything, but I think all of us share the same sentiments in saying that we’re truly sorry for the loss that you’ve just recently experienced and that we really admire that you’ve got so much strength in participating in the Race for Hope which happened on the 3rd of May. That was fantastic, we really admire you for that. We will be participating in some sort of relay as well actually end of this month, by the National Cancer Association of Malaysia. Anyway, so my question which I have finally been able to come to…yeah, you’ve met your match.
David: I know, right?
Ain: Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, the question is, do you plan to set up, I mean now that you really have an extensive network of word nerds helping you out and raising funds for charity, are you thinking of, maybe, setting up a charitable foundation of your own?
David: Continuing discussion. I would love to do eventually something a little bit more formal to help keep the memory of my brother alive, you know, but I think past that, I know right now, he’d want me kind of just be me and focus on what makes me happy and what makes me happy right now is just continuing to be involved in what I can and I am sure that once things slow down a little bit, we’ll do something more formal. So, I’m going to probably continue be involved with ABC and other scores of big organisations help put on the race and then, we’ve got other various kinds of offers on the table to help out and I’ll do whatever I can.
Ain: Okay, can I ask a question from Phui San? She just wants to know if there’s a sophomore album in the works.
David: Uh, well, no, yeah. Always, I’m always ready for the next record but nothing formal. I definitely want to. I want to stop doing everything else for a minute and kind of set up shop with the band to work out some stuff and really get back into co-writing, but we’ve noodled around with some ideas and definitely we’re going to release a record, we’ve got some material to kind of sit on. So, yeah, I think yes but no.
Ain: Great. Well, thanks very much and I think I’ve hogged enough of your time.
David: Well, nice talking to you.

Reporter: Hi David.
David: Hi, how are you? I bet you didn’t think you were going to have to wait that long to be on next, did you?
Reporter: It’s was worth watching. Just curious, do you actually have a favourite on the current American Idol contest and who do you think is going to win?
David: You know, I had a favourite and he didn’t…he made it to the top 36. Norman Smiley. Great entertainer. As for a current favourite, you know I had a chance to go on the show earlier this season and meet everybody, and I normally pick favourites based on who I like the most and I like them all so it’s tough. I think they all have a shot, if they get the support last year. Everyone else thought it was David Archuleta and everybody else, you know. Who knows? Adam, Danny, or Kris…it could be anyone of them.
Reporter: One. Pick one.
David: I won’t pick one, but I will pick three.
*boos*
Reporter: Thank you.
David: Thank you.
David: She’s just bummed I really didn’t answer her question.
Reporter: Really bummed!

Kavi: Yay, I get to ask you the last question! It’s me again.
David: Hello again.
Kavi: I was going to ask you about music but I decided to go away from that because someone is yelling at the back there, so I’m going to go with the crowd. So, okay. Three things. You’re a musician and you’re an awesome musician but also a ‘celebrity’, okay, with the quotations and stuff. Yeah, so what you say now becomes like…okay, I’m going to give an example, like when you did that blog about people respecting your privacy and how it suddenly made the headline news, even though the fans were talking about it beforehand, right? So basically what you say now is like “Woah, David Cook said it”. So, I want your opinion on three things. One: President Obama, two: homosexuality and gay marriage, and three: why do you hate mustard?
David: President Obama. I think it’s long overdue for the United States to have anybody other than a white male as the President of our country. I think having said that, I hope that that doesn’t deter him. I hope that that doesn’t become too much of a hurdle for him because obviously the world is in an economic crisis and the colour or gender of our President should have nothing to do with that. So, I think that a 100 or so days in, I think he’s done an admirable job. I think, yeah, I don’t know, I like the guy. I haven’t met him yet. I say ‘yeah’ like it’s an inevitable thing, like “I’m gonna meet the president!”… I hope I get to meet President Obama.
Kavi: One day, when you’re cool enough.
David: Yeah, that could work.
Kat: No, one day, he’ll (the President) be cool enough!
David: Homosexuality and gay marriage. I think some of the things that we try to invoke on…and by we, I mean my country, I obviously am way over-reaching the speed globally but the thing that our country seems to attack or impose upon homosexuality and gay marriage, it just seems to me that we’re not giving them equal rights, like we did to African-Americans and women, from history. I just think let them be what they want to be, let them be who they are, and if they want to marry, let them marry. Love is love, and love is blind, I think.
Kavi: Yes.
David: Alright, mustard story. Here we go.
Kavi: Finally, about time!
David: *shakes head* I can’t believe I’m telling you this. Not sure if I should.
Everyone else: You should, please.
David: Freshman year in college…I never liked mustard to begin with. Freshman year in college, through certain circumstances, I ended up in a “Bobbing for Beans” contest where the beans were in a vat of mustard and the girl that went before me got sick in the mustard and didn’t tell me.
Kavi: Oh…that is so gross.
David: Oh, and you asked, didn’t you?
Kavi: Well, now I understand what it means by “Mustard makes me vom”.
David: There you go!
Kavi: Thank you for being a smart rockstar, David. We appreciate it.
Kavi: Thank you so much.
David: Thank you, guys.

Reporter: Me again.
David: Hello again.
Reporter: Hello. Okay, what’s David Cook like back at home when he’s not busy being a rockstar? What do you enjoy doing? What kind of things do you do?
David: I sleep, I watch movies, I play with my dog and I have a Ninja Turtles pinball game. So, I do that.
Reporter: That’s cool.
David: What are the perks?
Reporter: What have you enjoyed the least after winning the Idol crown?
David: People having an incessant urge to know things that have nothing to do with the things that I feel like sharing, I guess. I don’t know. I’m still weirded out about people wondering who I’m dating, it’s strange. So, yeah, that’s probably the one. I realised by saying that, I’m opening myself to being asked “Who are you dating?”
Reporter: Not gonna go there.
David: Thanks.
Reporter: Last one, who’s your rock that keeps you grounded?
David: Oh wow. My brothers, my parents, my adequate-size circle of good friends, and my horrible golf game.
Teri: And your fans!
David: And my fans………… You guys don’t keep me grounded, you guys build me up, give me an ego. I love it.
Reporter: Thank you.

Dawn: Okay, we’re done. So you all can say ‘Bye’.
Everyone: Bye, Dave!
Kat: Tell Kyle I love him!
Kavi: Tell Andy I love him!
Kat: Tell Kyle I love him and I wanna play like him!

Malaysian Word Nerds

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »

From the Philstar:
David & David live at MOA
5/14/09

MANILA, Philippines – One of the highlights of American Idol’s Season 7 was the much talked about David vs. David rivalry between David Cook and David Archuleta. On May 16, 8 p.m., Filipinos will have the rare opportunity to watch them perform in their first time back-to-back concert in David and David Live at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds.

Held in cooperation with Master Card Club Fearless Productions, Inc., the performance will feature a fusion of rock, slow rock and pop music.

Cook rose to fame after winning AI. Millions of people all over the world fell in love with this rock singer-songwriter while watching him after week. Cook won with his rich, unfettered voice and passionately intense performances, not to mention his down-to-earth Midwestern charm. He was declared winner with a record breaking 56 percent of the nearly one million votes cast.

Archuleta, on the other hand, won the children’s division of the UTAH Talent Competition at age 10 leading to other television singing experiences. At 12, he became one of the youngest finalists on AI. In May 2008, he finished as runner-up, receiving 44 percent of over 97 million votes.

Cook is a stronger singer, better than many other rockers such as Bo Bice and Constantine Maroulis. He has a solid husky voice to his tone, but doesn’t have the flawless vocals of Archuleta, who has a classically pure voice. Archuleta has a beautiful tone, wonderful breath control, sings on pitch and knows how to belt without sounding forced.

He has an especially pleasing higher register and his voice is suited for ballads, Disney songs, pop or Broadway.

Although he is mature for his age, Archuleta is a little too programmed in the way he carries himself, as what often happens with child stars. Being forced to fit the American Idol mold at such a young age, he hasn’t yet developed his own personality.

Unlike Archuleta, Cook can let it loose and be himself on stage. He gives his all in every performance. He exudes confidence, charisma and a gritty raw energy that lights up the stage.

David and David will perform their hits like Cook’s Permanent, Barba-sol and Kiss On the Neck and Archuleta’s Your Eyes Don’t Lie, Don’t Let Go and To Be with You.

Philstar

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »

From Yahoo News:
"The Years Top-Earning 'Idol's
5/19/09
by Evan Hessel and Dirk Smillie, Forbes.com

For Adam Lambert or Kris Allen, winning this week's much-anticipated "American Idol" finale will mean a short-lived media frenzy and the sudden adoration of millions of fans. It could also mean a big paycheck down the road.

David Cook, the scruffy rocker and winner of the last Idol competition, earned an estimated $2 million since June of 2008. That's a huge boost from what Cook made as a struggling singer-songwriter in Tulsa, Okla., before winning the "Idol" crown last May.

Forbes estimates that Cook generated the bulk of his income from the 1.1 million copies sold of his self-titled major label debut album. Cook supplemented his music sales with a live tour and a product sponsorship deal with sneaker maker Skechers.

Cook's final competitor, David Archuleta, has also enjoyed a remarkably lucrative year since making it to the Idol finals. Archuleta made an estimated $1.3 million from sales of his first album and more than 100 live concerts.

Yet for a lesson in how to build truly massive riches, the current finalists should study the brief career of season-four winner Carrie Underwood. The farm girl turned songstress has gone on to a hugely lucrative recording, touring, and product endorsement career. Underwood raked in an estimated $14 million last year, enough to secure the title of top-earning Idol alum.

With her carefully crafted Nashville pop, Underwood cultivates a massive audience spanning both country and Top 40 fans. Her debut album, "Some Hearts," spent 11 weeks in 2007 at the top of the Billboard album charts. Songs from her second effort, "Carnival Ride," got massive airplay on both country and adult alternative radio. All told, Underwood has sold 9.6 million albums and 10.7 million digital downloads, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

Along with producing crowd-pleasing albums, Underwood understands the financial importance of hitting the road. She has played more than 300 shows since her "Idol" win. Each performance brings in about $350,000 to be split between Underwood and the concert promoter, according to Pollstar.

Underwood has also supplemented her recording and touring income with sizable product endorsement payments. She generates tabloid buzz with her personal life -- former alleged flames include Dallas Cowboys star Tony Romo and "Gossip Girl" actor Chace Crawford -- but avoids the personal meltdowns that afflict other young female celebrities, making her an ideal pitchwoman for consumer products companies. Vitamin Water, owned by Coca-Cola, pays Underwood to endorse its beverages.

Jennifer Hudson, eliminated midway through the third season, was the second-best paid "Idol" alum over the past year. Following the show, Hudson smartly bet her best chance and superstardom would come from work that blends her musical and acting talents.

In 2006, Hudson took a supporting role in the film adaptation of the Motown musical "Dreamgirls." She won an Academy Award for the performance and has since scored roles in the "Sex And the City" movie and "Winged Creatures," an upcoming indie flick also starring Kate Beckinsale and Forest Whitaker.

Her movie roles, along with a well-regarded album and endorsements from Gap and Avon, earned Hudson an estimated $5 million.

Kelly Clarkson, the first "Idol" champion, holds the title of most albums sold by a show alumnus. The 27-year-old with the powerful voice has sold over 10 million records since 2003, generating a steady stream of cash. Clarkson's "All I Ever Wanted," released in March, is currently at No. 17 on the Billboard 200.

Another popular career path for "Idol" contestants is taking their voices on to Broadway or on tour with roving productions of popular musicals. Clay Aiken, the quirky second-place finisher from the second season, boosted his 2008 earnings by performing on Broadway in the Monty Python musical "Spamalot."

Taylor Hicks, winner of the fifth season, is currently playing the role of Teen Angel in a national tour of "Grease." Hicks has also toured extensively as a solo artist and released two solidly popular albums of bluesy tunes.

Constantine Maroulis, who finished sixth place in the fourth season, is the most decorated "Idol"-turned-Broadway star. This month, he received a Tony nomination for his leading role in "Rock of Ages."

Still, without a big-selling album, endorsement contract or solo tour, Maroulis fell just short of our list of top 10 "Idol" alums.

As Ms. Underwood can attest, a multi-platform approach is essential to post-"Idol" riches.

Yahoo News

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2009, 06:42:46 PM »

From the NY Daily News:
Best 'American Idol' contestants
by Christina Kinon
5/19/09

As millions anxiously await the announcement of the next 'American Idol,' lets take a look back at some of the best.

Daily News reality TV expert Cristina Kinon has named her picks for the best "American Idol" contestants of all time. She has her reasons ... but you may not agree with them.

Tell us if you think Kinon is right on, or totally off her rocker at this message board.

#1 David Cook (Season 7): Cook was never in the bottom three, he sang a Dolly Parton song AND a Mariah Carey song and his haircut (post-makeover) was nothing but sexy, loving magic.

NY Daily News

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

From the Manila Times:
A tale of two Davids
by Paul John Cana
5/19/09

Police sources and organizers pegged the crowds that gathered to watch the David Cook–David Archuleta show last Saturday night at 50,000. It’s not hard to believe the number. From my seat somewhere in the VIP section, I could see people of all age groups waiting in breathless anticipation for the show: entire high school or college barkadas, mostly female, but with a few male companions in tow; full families, including kids as young as six or seven; white-haired, crinkly-faced grandmas sitting next to screaming pre-pubescents in their porma best; couples canoodling with each other and the occasional solitary concert-goer trying hard to enjoy the show by his or her lonesome.

It could’ve been the Eraserheads reunion concert all over again, if it weren’t for the hoots of “I Love You David!” every two minutes or so.

The runner-up took to the stage first. It would’ve been easy to assume he was just a warm-up act for the Idol champ who would come later, but this was a co-headlining show and from the moment Archuleta appeared onstage with his trademark, aw-shucks smile, it was evident he was prepared to put on a great show.

He opened with “Touch My Hand,” one of the catchier numbers in his unabashedly pop eponymous debut. As expected, everyone got on their feet and whipped out their camera phones to preserve the moment. For many of those in the audience who’ve been fantasizing about Archuleta performing on Philippine soil ever since they first saw the then 16 year-old meekly trying out in the audition stages on American Idol, this was as awesome as it was going get.

Now 18 years old, Archuleta has obviously picked up not a few things since he almost won the Idol title. Wearing his favored plaid button-down with a slim tie, jeans and sneakers, he worked the stage from end to end as he sang, engaging the audience with his energy and enthusiasm. And of course, that wide grin. “I’m so glad to be here. I’ve had a fantastic time,” he said to the wild applause from the audience. Despite having had countless opportunities to perform onstage since Idol, there was still a boyish, almost amateurish quality to his delivery. He’s already a pro, but he still has that wide-eyed, innocent thing going, and this is no doubt part of what endears the young talent to his legions of fans.

There’s that voice, too, of course. Part matinee idol, part smooth crooner, say what you will about the kid but he sure could sing. He played piano during his interpretation of Vanessa Carlton’s “A Thousand Miles,” and throughout he displayed vocal chops that would impress the most cynical of judges (cough* Cowell *cough). That charisma, that unseen factor prized by many but possessed by only a fortunate few, it’s what Archuleta has, and by the time he walked off the stage after singing his monster hit “Crush,” it all felt like the hour just wasn’t enough.

During the 30-minute intermission, the fireworks show did a much better job of distracting the audience while the stage was set-up than the poker place ads that showed on the screens, but that’s just me.

David Cook materialized via hydraulics from beneath the stage. While Archuleta was bubblegum pop through and through, Cook expectedly brought his rough-edged rock persona to his set. With the heavy guitars, heavy bass and heavy drums, even Cook’s presence was anything but lightweight: there was no denying who won American Idol, and why.

Cook was a struggling musician even before Idol, as most everyone who ever followed his career knows, so it was no surprise he was much more experienced in his onstage performance in ways Archuleta could only hope to be. Each raising of the eyebrow, every invitation to make some noise, Cook was a consummate performer, with a rock star swagger that reminds one of fellow Idol alum Chris Daughtry. His gruff vocals, though comparable to the Goo Goo Dolls’ Johnny Rzeznik and Collective Soul’s Ed Roland (he even opened the show with an excerpt of their “World I Know”), were still uniquely his own. The older songs may have left many in the crowd clueless, but you have to admire his resolve to stay true to his roots and even mine it for material to offer to an entirely new set of devoted followers. (For those waiting for more familiar pieces, he performed his much-applauded version of that Mariah Carey song, the first time ever with the full band, he said.)

At one point, Cook climbed down the stage and made himself available to his “Titanium” (what that section of the seats was called) fans. Now that was an unmistakable rock star image if there ever was one: his smiling mug surrounded by a gaggle of disembodied, digicam-wielding hands. Truly, David Cook has arrived. Even his version of Fleetwood Mac’s “Little Lies” was Cook-ified, becoming a hard rock anthem but still recognizable enough to sing along to.

“I’m having a blast,” he said towards the end. The crowd loved it, of course. He played three encores, including his first hit post-Idol, “Light On.” After calling pal Archuleta to the stage on his final song, the two Davids embraced amid an unending shower of shouts, whistles and applause. All in all, it was a damn good show, whichever David you were screaming for.

Manila Times

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2009, 06:47:11 PM »

From the Philstar:
Saturday Night Live with David & David
by Ricardo F. Lo
5/18/09

“It felt like a Saturday family nightout.”

That’s how my fiftysomething friend Vivian S. described the David Cook & David Archuleta Live in Manila concert at the Mall of Asia (MOA) Concert Grounds last Saturday night that capped the American Idols discoveries’ heady five-day visit which was packed full with TV guestings and endless media interviews starting on Tuesday, May 12, upon their separate arrival (Cook on Singapore Airlines from the US and Archuleta on Qatar Airlines from UK where he just had a concert).

Every available space of the MOA was occupied by screaming fans who had to stand on their seats to catch the action onstage, while others (my friend included) contented themselves by watching the goings-on on two huge monitors, one installed onstage and the other beside the stage.

If we are to gauge the size of the crowd by the one that filled up the same venue during the second reunion concert of the Eraserheads last March, estimated to be “in the vicinity of 100,000,” then it’s safe to conclude that the two Davids’ concert was a H-U-G-E success, no wonder those behind it must be smiling from ear to ear — Jomari Yllana and the Singson brothers Ryan and Ronald of Fearless Promotions, and US-based Rhiza Pascua of Music Management International (MMI) who has been bringing here A-list foreign acts (the last having been sweethearts Chris Brown and Rihanna)

The show started at 8:30 and ended at almost midnight and the two Davids gave their all. If they were reeling from jetlag, they didn’t show it.

“They were in awe at the reaction of the crowd which broke into deafening screams at the start of every song,” said Vivian S. who actually acted as chaperon for her son Jan Vincent Sarabia Ong (who writes for the STAR’s Supreme section).

Among the two Davids’ most-applauded numbers were those from their respective albums and other songs as well, such as Light On (by Cook), and Crush and Stand By Me, the same song Archuleta sang on American Idols whose producers had to pay royalties because, it turned out, Archuleta didn’t get a “permit” to sing it from the copyright-holders.

It was Archuleta (Archie for short) who kicked off the show, followed by Cook. Equal time. Fireworks lasting 15 minutes served as “intermission.”

At 18, Archie attracts a teen following while Cook, at 26, those “above 20.”

“I guess Archie’s fans came with their parents also as chaperons,” said Vivian S. “May mga lola pa nga yata na nanood. Hehehehe!”

The two Davids didn’t do any duet. But Archie sang a little portion of a Cook song as a fitting ending to a concert that fans worried might not happen because only a week earlier, Cook’s 37-year-old lawyer-brother Adam succumbed to the brain cancer he had fought for more than a decade.

“I have my family to lean on,” said Cook in an exclusive joint interview with Funfare Update and GMA’s Startalk, when asked how he was coping with the loss. “Cancelling the show was never an option. I’m performing kinda feeling that I’m doing it in memory of my brother. How I wish he’s still around so I can tell him what a wonderful experience I had in Manila. Anyway, I’m gonna keep on playing and playing because it’s the best therapy.”

The two Davids left yesterday for L.A., again on separate flights, Cook in the morning on Singapore Airlines and Archie in the evening on Philippine Airlines, bringing with them beautiful memories of mangoes (“Taste like heaven,” gushed Archie) and puto (Ramiele Malubay, the Filipina with the two Davids on American Idols, who first made Cook taste it) and avid fans who wouldn’t let them be anywhere they went during their five-day stay, short of breaking into their rooms at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel where they were billetted with their entourage.

Concluded my fiftysomething friend, “Cook, who performed with the band he has had even before he competed in American Idols and ended up the champion, has a wider range. He’s a rocker. Archie, who is being likened to Paul Anka, is a good R&B artist.”

Philstar

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »

From Inquirer.net:
Goliath reception for two Davids in concert
by Pocholo Concepcion
5/19/09

MANILA, Philippines—As early as 4 p.m. lines had formed at the entrances to the concert venue. At show time, promoters said the crowd had swelled to 60,000. That was how Pinoy fans gave David Cook and David Archuleta a Goliath reception at their back-to-back gig Saturday night at the Mall of Asia open-air grounds.

Archuleta, who first took the stage, was bursting with energy. Bouncing along to solid rhythms provided by a live backup, the 18-year-old “American Idol” Season 7 runner-up was like a one-man boy band who sang earnestly about teenybopper concerns.

Melancholic tenor

The fans screamed each time he belted out in his melancholic tenor, which glided into a falsetto on the high notes.

He also played a few tracks on keyboards.

All but two of the 15 songs he rendered were originals from his debut album. Most of them had generic, catchy melodies. The songwriting seemed deliberately formulaic, although his fine vocals made up for the drawbacks.

A couple of hits, “A Little Too Not Over You” and “Crush,” demonstrated how an audience would always fall for pop hooks.

But Archuleta’s version of a 1961 soul classic, Ben E. King’s “Stand By Me,” was the best of the lot and proved something that night—young stars need to hear old songs in order to appreciate their worth.

Which was also the case with Cook, whose covers of Mariah Carey’s “Always Be My Baby” and Fleetwood Mac’s “Little Lies” illustrated his awesome ability to breathe new life to precious old tunes.

At 26, the “Idol” Season 7 champ performed like a veteran rocker, his husky, growling vocals—partly reminiscent of Bob Seger and Eddie Vedder—leading the band with high-voltage power while playing electric rhythm guitar. It was a voice that packed much emotion without going over the top.

Loud, scorching music

If some people felt alienated because they hardly recognized Cook’s repertoire—mostly tracks from his debut solo album not heard yet on radio and at least one from his pre-“Idol” days—there were others who were blown away by the loud, scorching blast of his music.

At some point, the concert audience—many of whom came as a family from ages 8 to 58—could’ve been disoriented from hearing Backstreet Boys-style pop followed by Pearl Jam-sounding rock ‘n’ roll.

Inquirer.net

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »

From Bukisa:
David Cook is a real American Idol
by Robert Headley
5/18/09

I can remember watching American Idol season 7 and thinking that the contestants had average singing talent. I will admit that I was flat out wrong. David Cook has turned in a big star with several hits such as Light On and Come Back to Me. The fans actually made a correct choice and seemingly picked someone that will be a star for years down the road.

What is it that has made David Cook so successful after winning American Idol
? Is it the push itself from the show or perhaps just some great singing ability? I would believe it to be a combination of both these factors. The people that followed him on the show now feel invested in the singer almost like they made him so now they're interested to see what becomes of his career.

I look at the current season of American Idol and not a single one of the people on there stand out as being as good as David Cook. This isn't to say that someone like Adam Lambert will be a failure by any means. How often do we see singers with average talent achieve great success. All you have to do is look at these young attractive mediocre singers that are popular more so because they dance around nearly naked while singing provacative songs. This year on American Idol we have seen the people on the show outperform "stars" like Katy Perry and Lady GaGa.

I expect more great things to come from David Cook in the near future. He may end up being one of the American Idol winners that the voters actually got right for a change.

Bukisa

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2009, 06:53:26 PM »

From The Manila Times:
David Cook: I’m living the dream
The Idol on his brother, rock star moments and screaming fans

by Paul John Caña
5/19/09

It’s been a whole year since the two Davids had their turn under the hot lights of the American Idol stage. But with the near-scorching reception they received from their Pinoy followers last week, it’s clear they’re far from being old news. On the contrary, not since the days of boy bands has the country seen such a frenzied reaction for music artists. The age of Idol is upon us and the new boy wonders David Cook and David Archuleta are leading the charge.

The Manila Times got to sit down with the 26-year-old rocker a few days before the big show at the Mall of Asia. He was noticeably tired, still combating the effects of jetlag, and having just finished a dozen other interviews from various regional media outfits. I was the last to chat with him for the day. Some of the questions I threw came straight from diehard fans themselves off online forums and message boards.

The Manila Times: Describe yourself in three words.

DC: A dork. A wannabe funny — I’m going make that all one word. And hungry.

TMT: What’s the craziest fan moment you’ve had so far?

DC: There’ve been a few. We were doing some radio shows last winter and there was a group of girls who threw their underwear onstage. And some of them were very small and some were very big. (laughs)

TMT: The current season of Idol is almost through. Any thoughts? Who do you think will win?

DC: Well Simon Cowell always wins, so there’s really no point in discussing that. (chuckles) But I think this season has been really cool to watch. From what I’ve been able to see, the role changes and adding Kara as a fourth judge kind of revitalized interest. For me, I’m watching it as an outsider because I don’t know what’s going to happen so, definitely what I’ve watched this season, I’ve watched it completely differently than when I would have watched it otherwise. To have gone through that process, you have a new empathy for these contestants.

TMT: Are you rooting for anyone in particular?

DC: You know I’m just rooting for all of them to keep their head on straight at this point. It’s such a grueling process. I remember during the top five, I was already just really fried. So in that finale, man, I was just . . . whatever man, win lose or draw, I didn’t even care anymore. Of course, they said my name, and...yeah it got even more nuts after that.

TMT: Do you honestly think Simon’s comments really influence people’s comments on American Idol?

DC: (slight laugh) I hope not. Then we’re all screwed, right? I think it’d probably be shortsighted and naive to think that what the judges say don’t matter. Otherwise, why are they there? But you know, Simon pretty much threw me under the bus at the finale, and I ended up pulling it out. So who knows?

TMT: What’s the most important thing you’ve ever learned throughout the whole Idol experience?

DC: I’ve learned the value of just being who I am. Trying to make it in the music industry before, I was always true to myself, but I always tried to keep an eye out for what was going on. And now, especially through Idol, I probably got more confident than I ever have before. Which is empowering; it makes me feel like I’m doing something right.

TMT: What’s the biggest surprise about what it is that you’re doing now?

DC: Well, the biggest surprise is that I’m halfway around the world to play music. It used to be I couldn’t get somebody 20 miles away at a bar to book me for 50 bucks a night. Now, here I am in Manila. It’s a trip. I’m definitely, for lack of a better way to phrase it, living the dream.

TMT: What’s the biggest perk about being David Cook?

DC: I’d say the biggest perk is probably that I get to play music everyday. I get paid (almost whispering, conspiratorially) better than I probably should, to play music everyday.

TMT: Do you ever miss life before all the madness started?

DC: I miss the simplicity of it. I miss seeing my family more often. I miss my friends. I certainly, from time to time, miss the ambiguity of being able to just go to a bar with friends, go to a movie or go to a restaurant. And just be there. But, with time these things will come. I’m enjoying what this is for the moment.

TMT: When you travel, what or who, do you never travel without?

DC: I never travel without...migraine medication. Excedrin migraine or something. I try not to travel too much without my dog Dublin. He’s my bud.

TMT: Do you think you popularized “scruffy chic” among guys?

DC: (laughs) You know, I’ve seen guys doing it long before I did. So no, I don’t think I popularized scruffy chic. Maybe perfected it...nah, I’m just kidding. (laughs)

TMT: What is the most rock and roll moment you’ve had so far?

DC: Getting lost walking to the stage. That was a very big Spinal Tap moment. I knew I made it when [that happened.]

TMT: We can’t thank you enough for coming here despite the passing of your brother. How did your brother inspire you with your music?

DC: First off, I have to say, that coming out to Manila was never in jeopardy. My brother was always very proud of me for doing something that I love to do. He was always one of my biggest supporters. And I know that whether he was still with us or not, he would want me to keep doing whatever made me happy. And performing makes me happy. I think, my brother was my inspiration because he was my brother. He was my role model and my idol and all of that. I’ve tried really hard to emulate him, just in the sense of how he carried himself and what his morals and his values were. So yeah, I think the easier question is probably how hasn’t he inspired me.

TMT: Do you have any stories of your encounters with paparazzi?

DC: I’d say the only funny one was, I got a photographer really mad at me. We were walking through an airport and he started taking pictures of me and I started taking pictures back. And I was messing up his shots because my flash was going off. And he got a little mad. Other than that, it’ really not that big a deal. Paparazzi don’t bother me too much.

TMT: When did it hit you, the whole, “Wow, this is unbelievable, I can’t believe this is all happening to me” of it all?

DC: Everyday. I’ve been in constant pinch-me mode since the finale. The one downside to it is that I really haven’t had the chance to process of it. So hopefully that comes soon. I know we have a couple of weeks in June where maybe I could snag that. I know when it hits me, it’s going hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m hoping I could just have the time off to process it.

TMT: When you see fans of yours hyperventilating and shrieking, what does that do for you? How does that make you feel?

DC: It makes me uncomfortable. I never wanted to do this for all that attention, you know. I love the idea of creating, and that’s what really drove me to music. I don’t ever want to be looked at as anything more than just another human being. I don’t want to be seen as anything than approachable. You have to love talking to people and I don’t want something that I love to do to impede that.

TMT: What are your impressions and thoughts about the Philippines?

DC: All my impressions of the Philippines before I got here were predicated on two people in my life: my friend Ryan who came out here to study, and Ramiele (Malubay) from the show. And they both had nothing but amazing things to say about the country. And so far they’ve been spot on. With what I’ve been able to see, it just seems like such a vibrant country, very beautiful. And being a sports fan, it doesn’t hurt that Pacquiao’s from here, so all good things.

TMT: Can you talk a bit about David Archuleta?

DC: I could talk about him for days. (laughs) You know Archie’s probably one of the most genuine, stand-up people that I’ve ever met. And to be able to share the stage with him anytime is great. I joked with him last night that it’s a shame we have to travel halfway across the world just to see each other. But, he’s a good guy and an amazing talent. And as far as supporters go, I think I’m probably right up there when it comes to Archuleta.

TMT: Name five songs that you would put on a super special play list for a girl that you like.

DC: “Calling You,” by Blue October. “Easy Lover” by Phil Collins. The wildcard; I would throw “Evenflow” there by Pearl Jam just to make sure she liked the same kind of music I did. If she’s like, ‘Oh I don’t like that song,’ then you don’t like me and that’s a problem. Another song, that’s tough. You can’t be too sappy. You can’t pick like “Endless Love.” I will go for “Hello” by Lionel Richie. Why not?

TMT: Your version?

DC:No. His version. His version’s way better. Lastly, the coup de grace . . . I’m trying to think back to all the records I’ve owned and if I’ve ever made a mixed tape for a girl. My high school sweetheart and I, our song was “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing,” by Aerosmith. How odd that I had to sing it on the show.

TMT: If you can say one thing to all of your fans, especially to all those screaming fan girls?

DC: First off, settle down. You’re going lose your voice screaming like that. Secondly, it is an absolute honor to have fans that are so adamant that they’re willing to support not only everything that I do, but anything that I do. Because that kind of loyalty allows me the ability not only to do what I like to do now but also the longevity to do what I like to do later. And you know, that is the coolest gift. So obviously, thank you. And hopefully I get the chance to play for everybody soon.

The Manila Times

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »

From David's Official Site:
DAVID COOK'S PERFORMANCE OF "PERMANENT" FROM THE AMERICAN IDOL SEASON FINALE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD FROM ITUNES - ALL PROCEEDS GOING TO CHARITY
5/20/09

LIVE RECORDING OF DAVID COOK’S ‘IDOL’ PERFORMANCE WILL BE SOLD ON iTUNES TO RAISE FUNDS FOR CHARITY

All Proceeds From Sale of Live Version of "Permanent" Will Be Donated To D.C.-Based Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure

Exactly one year after winning the seventh season of “American Idol,” David Cook returned to the most popular television series in America to perform “Permanent,” - a song he wrote with Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida. The studio version of “Permanent” appears on his platinum-selling debut album for 19 Recordings/RCA Records, “David Cook.” The live recording is now available for purchase on iTunes and 100 percent of the proceeds will go to Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2), a Washington, D.C.-based organization dedicated to finding a cure for brain cancer. Click HERE.

Earlier this month, Cook raised money and awareness for ABC2 by running in the organization’s 5K “Race for Hope” in the District of Columbia. ABC2 uses an entrepreneurial venture philanthropy approach to bring more treatments to patients sooner by stimulating new research and accelerating the development of new therapies for brain cancer. ABC2 looks forward to the day when all patients who are diagnosed with brain cancer can be told they have a manageable disease.

ABC2 provides researchers with the pivotal support they need to make critical breakthroughs. The organization funds novel translational research aimed at finding the fastest possible route to a cure. ABC2's partners range from medical research centers to early-stage biotechnology companies to large multi-national pharmaceutical companies. Since brain cancer affects a relatively small portion of the population, ABC2 recognizes the importance of investing in the early stages of the most novel sectors of the discovery and development pipeline, in order to "buy down the risk" for its partners and speed progress of innovative new treatments to the clinic.

More information about the annual 5K Race for Hope is available on the websites of Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (www.abc2.org) and the National Brain Tumor Society (www.tbts.org).

davidcookofficial.com

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2009, 06:57:48 PM »

From the Los Angeles Times:
Kris Allen beats Adam Lambert. A shock? Nah.
by Ann Powers
5/20/09

Minutes before Kris Allen was announced as the new American Idol, he and Adam Lambert sang “We Are the Champions,” the 1977 smash by the rock band Queen. As the pyrotechnics sizzled and a large choir (including this year’s other “Idol” finalists) backed them up, those two unlikely partners in bringing back heat to the long-running series had one last laugh together.

It was Lambert’s moment. It felt like his victory. Ever since he auditioned with an a cappella version of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody,” fans of the fiery-voiced Southland native had been clamoring for him to sing a Queen song. And here he was doing it, leaning on guitarist Brian May’s shoulder, fitting right into the spot originally occupied by Freddie Mercury — one of the most sensationally gifted frontmen in rock history. Allen seemed delighted to be his wing man. And then, in a surprise that really wasn’t a surprise at all, he grabbed away the spotlight.

Well, sort of. When Ryan Seacrest announced Allen’s victory Wednesday night at the Nokia Theatre, the sweet-natured troubadour actually seemed a bit distressed. “It feels good, man, but Adam deserves this,” he said.

Did Lambert? Many critics — including this one, openly and with heartfelt enthusiasm — thought so. But Allen has his undeniable strong points. In terms of the music industry, he cuts a more contemporary figure than Lambert: Many stars now (specifically rock-oriented, male ones) tend to do better when they draw themselves to scale, offering songs that make fans feel warm and connected, not blown away.

Think Jack Johnson. Dave Matthews. Jason Mraz, who performed on the “Idol” finale. And on the country side, Keith Urban, with whom Allen did a spirited duet early in the show.

This approachable kind of pop figure is one that often naturally emerges from the “Idol” competition. David Cook, last year’s winner, is cut from this natural-fiber cloth. Performing “Permanent,” the song he has dedicated to the brother he recently lost to cancer, Cook epitomized what Allen will likely soon become — a crowd favorite, empathetic and touchable.

Lambert is another matter altogether. His two shining moments in the finale came during that Queen song and in an equally explosive turn with the pioneering pop-metal band KISS.

For a medley of songs with the latter, including “Detroit Rock City” and “Beth,” Lambert wore wiry black wings that updated KISS’ signature silver-and-greasepaint style.

Lambert took this chance to claim his place within the lineage of classic rock, a form that seriously needs a new star like him to refresh it. Sinking his painted fingernails into those worn-out Guitar Hero favorites, he renewed them.

But he still lost. Does it matter?

As a whole, the finale argued otherwise. This two-hour-long immersion in mainstream pop’s confetti pit happily asserted that one kind of music — or personality — cannot define or dominate American taste.

This was the variety show of the season, “Ed Sullivan” on whatever Manny Ramirez has been taking.

It had the Black Eyed Peas performing their new carnivalesque cyber-funk single “Boom Boom Pow” with a bunch of faux androids, and Cyndi Lauper playing dulcimer while she and “Idol” finalist Allison Iraheta sang the achingly intimate “Time After Time.”

It sought to please baby boomers with turns by Carlos Santana and Rod Stewart (who got the finalists’ parents dancing in the aisles) and hip-hop heads with one from Queen Latifah, who sang her new single, “Cue the Rain,” with finalist Lil Rounds.

It featured crass humor — the lowest point came when judge Kara DioGuardi cruelly demolished joke contestant Katrina “Bikini Girl” Darrell by out-singing her and then ripping off her dress to show her own hard body — and genteel tenderness, via (of all people) comedian Steve Martin, who played banjo as Idols Michael Sarver and Megan Joy sang his own sweet song, “Pretty Flowers.”

The show was a breakneck run through the vast landscape of current popular song. Though utterly fragmented and sometimes almost incoherent, it was thoroughly enjoyable.

More tellingly, it showed what pop is now: not a unifying force, but a thousand points of florescent light, with each style captivating some fans, alienating others and casually enjoyed by most of the millions.

This is the world Kris Allen and Adam Lambert enter now, as newly minted pop stars. It’s a world that loves a nice guy, clearly, but which has room for a challenging one too.

L.A. Times

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »

From The Examiner:
David Cook to perform in honor of his brother on tonight's finale episode
by Marnie Brodersen
5/20/09

David Cook fans need to be armed with a heavy duty box of tissues for tonight's highly anticipated season eight finale episode.  David will perform "Permanent," a song he co-wrote with Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk, as a dedication to his brother, Adam.  Adam was shown in the Idol audience last year supporting David, but recently succumbed to his long battle with cancer.  According to MySpace.com, the live recording will available as a download on iTunes tonight, and davidcookofficial.com notes that all proceeds will go to David's charity for brain tumor research, ABC2 (Accelerate Brain Cancer).  The studio recording can be found on his debut album, David Cook.   

Earlier in May, David Cook supported ABC2 by running in the 5K "Race For Hope" in the District of Columbia.  As noted on David's web site, "The organization funds novel translational research aimed at finding the fastest possible route to a cure. ABC2's partners range from medical research centers to early-stage biotechnology companies to large multi-national pharmaceutical companies. Since brain cancer affects a relatively small portion of the population, ABC2 recognizes the importance of investing in the early stages of the most novel sectors of the discovery and development pipeline, in order to 'buy down the risk' for its partners and speed progress of innovative new treatments to the clinic."

The Examiner

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2009, 04:39:37 PM »

From Fox4 KC:
Life After Idol: David Cook & Family Reflect On Year In The Spotlight
by Dave Froehlich and Meagan Kelleher
5/20/09

KANSAS CITY, MO - So many in the metro and all points beyond have been looking at David Cook since he captured the American Idol crown twelve months ago. And because Cook's been in perpetual motion, there's been plenty to see.

Now that David Cook's run as American Idol has come to an end, it's time to look back on a remarkable year not only for David, but also for David's younger brother Andrew, who is using the door opened by David's Idol fame to forge ahead with a different kind of entertainment career.

"I feel like I was on the finale two months ago, so now to be handing over that whole reigning American Idol bit, it's exciting for me," David said. "But it's also the end of a little chapter in the book, so it's a little bittersweet."

The post-Idol roller coaster began with his summer tour with fellow Idol contestants, and continued with a platinum selling major label debut album, only to be quickly followed by a solo tour of college campuses across the nation. (Follow David Cook's journey to American Idol fame and beyond at the David Cook Headquarters!)

"I haven't stopped," David said. "I've never worked so hard, but I've also never had so much fun. To go overseas and play for the troops in the USO, and to play at Carnegie Hall for Hillary Clinton. To do everything; to come home and play for 18,000 people at the Sprint Center was just ridiculous." And trips home like the stop at the Sprint Center last September and the solo tour date at the Ameristar last month are rare.

"There's been some times that I wished he was home, or I wished that we could have done something together and it's not been possible, but I get through it," mom Beth Foraker said.

When he does make it home, David's younger brother Andrew makes sure David is keeping his new found super stardom in perspective.

"My mom and step-dad sat me down and said, 'Do you care if we put David's platinum album up right when we enter the house?,'" Andrew said. "I don't care. I've seen that guy's face so much in a year, it doesn't bother me anymore. But to even it up, I took my best vocalist senior year of high school plaque, it's about that big, not that big at all, and I put it right underneath it, so it feels even in the house."

"I walked in the house and he had his high school senior class award sitting on the table next to it," David said. "That's Andrew... I thought that was pretty funny. It's face down right now, so hopefully when he gets home he'll put it back."

These days, Andrew Cook is working on his own shot at fame. David Cook fans remember support for Andrew was the main reason David found himself auditioning for American Idol in the first place. Of course, David was the one who made his way to Idol's big stage. Now Andrew is hoping he'll soon be on stage, talking instead of singing.

The University of Central Missouri student is now focusing on a TV and radio hosting career, taking some hosting classes in Los Angeles over his Spring Break, and hosting his own web radio show every weekend on local DJ Kelly Urich's KC Radio Dot Com.

"This is something I never thought I'd be doing," Andrew said. "But the more I do it, I'm like, you know, this is what I should be doing. To host; I can still be involved with music. With the radio show, that's what you do, you play music and you talk about music and you take calls and requests and all that. And I love every aspect of it."

And even with his hectic schedule, big brother is paying close attention.

"Andrew is one of those rare people, and maybe I'm biased because he's my brother, but I just see him as one of those people who can do anything," David said. "It's been a joy to see him kind of carve his own path and do his thing, and I know he really enjoys doing the radio stuff and hosting; he's a riot, so I think the sky's the limit for him, I know he's got one supporter."

Meanwhile, David's path is getting clearer, with no getting off the fame roller coaster any time soon.

"We're on the road for a while. I think our last scheduled date that we have as of right now is October, so we're going to be on the road for a while and give this record some room to breathe and see how it goes," David said. "But we're always writing, and I'm always trying to do other things, so it'll be a busy year, hopefully."

Of course, this year of unbelievable highs for David Cook has also been touched by tragedy. On May 3, David and Andrew's older brother Adam Cook passed away at age 37 after years of battling brain cancer. In a message to fans on his website, David mentioned his brother never wanted his illness to stand in the way of David's growing career, so with the exception of one concert date, Cook's tour marches on. His next scheduled date in the Metro will be a headlining slot June 20th during the Red, White and Boom concert at Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone.

FOX4 KC

And a video: Fox4 KC Video

wave ~Kelly~

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx