gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:27:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 24 :: We're in sync in many ways (All Members Welcome!)  (Read 232389 times)
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #2020 on: June 27, 2008, 06:06:07 AM »

Clay has 8 songs in the top 24 at AOL.com!     Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana  No one else has anywhere near that. 

Please keep streaming everyone! 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
ILClaymate
« Reply #2021 on: June 27, 2008, 06:32:07 AM »

help

Ok all you fun, witty gals....I need some thread subtitle suggestions.

Bring it on!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2022 on: June 27, 2008, 07:18:22 AM »

MORNING--

LINDA--GOOD LUCK TODAY.  WE ARE ALL THERE WITH CROSSED FINGERS. Huggles

ANGELA--I AM NOT THAT WITTY.  WISH I COULD COME UP WITH SOMETHING.  I BET SUNNY CAN. bigsmile

QUIET DAY TODAY.  BEEN BUSY ALL WEEK.  GOTTA DO LAUNDRY AND READ.  IT IS SOOOOO HUMID AND YUCKY.

I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL CLAY IS SAFELY HOME.  MAYBE HE ALREADY IS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #2023 on: June 27, 2008, 08:28:58 AM »

Gwenn,
               I think our man may be back because  usually we don"t get any news until he is safe,
do we? My mind boggles at the courage of that man, the way he stands up to adversity is more
  than amazing. It must have been nice for him to be treated with respect for a change, the kind
  he so richly deserves.

,                                                           Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #2024 on: June 27, 2008, 08:31:51 AM »

Linda,
                 My thoughts are with you today. Very special thoughts for good news.

Hugs,
                                                                      Betty             wave
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2025 on: June 27, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »

FROM THE CH--

BEEDAWN wrote:
Just got a e-mail from UNICEF re: that CNN Special on 7/6/08

Quote:
As a UNICEF supporter you've shown that you want to be a close partner in the global fight to save children's lives. That means you won't want to miss a remarkable program airing on CNN on Sunday, July 6 at 8 and 11 pm (ET).

"The Survival Project: One Child at a Time" is an hour-long special that explores why, each day, more than 26,000 children die from preventable causes, and how we at UNICEF are doing whatever it takes to save young lives.

CNN's chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, will host the program and UNICEF Ambassador Lucy Liu will participate in a panel discussion on the issues. There will also be a special announcement of the newest celebrity Ambassador to join our ranks.

Tune in to this historic broadcast and then visit unicefusa.org to reaffirm your commitment to the fight for child survival.

Thanks—as always—for your dedication to the world's children.

NO EXACT MENTION OF CLAY, BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME FOLKS ARE ALSO GETTING POST CARDS IN THE MAIL.  MINE DIDN'T GET HERE YET, BUT IT TAKES FOREVER FOR ME TO GET ANYTHING.

MAYBE CLAY NEEDS TO HIRE THAT PR PERSON.  OR ELSE THE SPAMALOT ONE.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #2026 on: June 27, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »

wave

I have scanned the pages since yesterday really quickly.

dudley - glad that you are feeling like posting - hoping for the best test results possible for you  Huggles We were very lucky that the lightening did not cause a fire - we have had storms the last 4 afternoons, and it doesn't look good for today, either  Paranoid

I was hoping that Clay would be on the UNICEF special this Sunday!  Saw Ben A. on a couple of shows last night - he is making a film about his visits to Africa (3 visits in the last 8 months), and he is publicizing his film. I, too, wish Clay could get that much coverage. Hope the magazines will pick up this trip to Somalia - they did cover his last UNICEF trip.

Great news about AOL!!!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

Agree completely about "The Swamp" After 20 years in Louisiana, I know what lives in them - I would not give that site a hit for anything, and people who go there are not fans.

Hope everybody is having a great TGIF - we spent the morning shopping for building supplies (my new hobby) - glad that is over for the day!  Clapping

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #2027 on: June 27, 2008, 12:55:42 PM »

Frankie,
   On  page101 it says that on the
  the UNICEF special on July 6, several celebrities have made videos of their UNICEF involvments

and Clay was one of them.I hope it"s right.  It would be wonderful if Clay got the same mentions

Ben Afflec gets.                     
                                                 Betty
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #2028 on: June 27, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »

HALLEULUIJAH !!!   high five Wral Fm Mix 101.5 (Raleigh) just played On MY Way Here,at 5:04 pm during the evening rush hour...I'm telling you     pigsfly   Jim Kelly is the DJ during that time slot.    There have been 22 email msgs sent thanking him for playing On My Way Here.

What a great gift that would be for Clay, when he returns home, to be able to hear that he is being played at home on the radio...Keep your Fingers Crossed  that it will happen...I'm sure doing my best to see he gets played.

Yesterday Diane Ramsey played Clay at 12:00 Pm during lunch time so I'm so happy for these great time slots. 

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2029 on: June 27, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »

TOO QUIET IN HERE.  WHERE IS EVERYONE?

I HAD THE MOST INTERESTING CONVERSATION WITH MY BEST  NONCLAY FRIEND WHO I OFTEN SAY IS ON THE EDGE.  ANYWAY, WHEN DISCUSSING THE IIT BABY, SHE WAS FURIOUS WITH ME AND CALLED ME AN ANTIFEMINIST!!!!!!!!  SHE SAID SHE HAS ALWAYS LOVED CLAY'S VOICE, BUT THIS JUST MADE HER LIKE HIM MORE.  THAT HE WAS WILLING TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE BOX.  WELL, I WAS VERY SURPRISED TO SAY THE LEAST.  HERE WE ARE ALL TRYING TO MAKE PEACE WITH THIS WHOLE THING AND SHE IS THRILLED THAT CLAY IS WILLING TO LIVE HIS LIFE ON HIS TERMS.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT????? WHAT A CONCEPT.  THEN HER CELL WENT DEAD.  I AM STILL IN SHOCK.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #2030 on: June 27, 2008, 05:44:16 PM »

I HAD THE MOST INTERESTING CONVERSATION WITH MY BEST  NONCLAY FRIEND WHO I OFTEN SAY IS ON THE EDGE.  ANYWAY, WHEN DISCUSSING THE IIT BABY, SHE WAS FURIOUS WITH ME AND CALLED ME AN ANTIFEMINIST!!!!!!!!  SHE SAID SHE HAS ALWAYS LOVED CLAY'S VOICE, BUT THIS JUST MADE HER LIKE HIM MORE.  THAT HE WAS WILLING TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE BOX.  WELL, I WAS VERY SURPRISED TO SAY THE LEAST.  HERE WE ARE ALL TRYING TO MAKE PEACE WITH THIS WHOLE THING AND SHE IS THRILLED THAT CLAY IS WILLING TO LIVE HIS LIFE ON HIS TERMS.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT????? WHAT A CONCEPT.  THEN HER CELL WENT DEAD.  I AM STILL IN SHOCK.

GWENN

The phone thudded. Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
IChris1
SuperFan

« Reply #2031 on: June 27, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »

GWENN

Gwenn, I'm so surprised because a coworker of mine said the exact same thing to me.  He said he admires Clay more now and thinks he's a great guy who's not afraid to live his life on his own terms.   

Now my heart is dancing through each day, my soul is running free, look what love has done to me.
Proud member of the East Coast Posse
Clay's English Princess
claydevotee
« Reply #2032 on: June 27, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »

MIMI, that's great news about the increase in prime-time radio play Clay is getting in Raleigh.  Let's hope it is contagious.  And maybe this will get Clay back on the Mediabase charts, as he has fallen off as )f today.  (He is #30 on the R&R /Nielsen Charts).  Kudos for your persistance in calling the radio station!  Clapping

Sorry I haven't been on today.  All of the hoopla of the past week or so is finally catching up with me.  Plus I've been up late talking to my son.  Such good times!  He's leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow and won't be back until Thursday. 

GWENN, That is so funny about your friend's reaction to Clay's "living his life on his own terms".  Maybe when the dust settles on all this Clay will emerge as somewhat of a "pioneer" in the entertainment industry.  If that' sounds a bit far-out, it's because I've got a lot of random Clay thoughts churning in mhy head right now!!!    hypnotic  Laughing

It would be wonderful if Clay got the same mentions
     Ben Afflec gets.       

Absolutely, BETTY.  That would be amazing as well as wonderful!!!

wave FRANKIE, CHRIS, ANGELA, everybody!!!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #2033 on: June 27, 2008, 06:00:31 PM »

GWENN

The phone thudded. Laughing

That would certainly explain the problem   Laughing

Gwenn, I think that people outside of the tight circle of Clay fans see everything from a different perspective.  We want to  protect him and not let anything hurt him so when some of the things he comes up with stir up the tabloids and the haters, we naturally think it was a bad idea.  In reality, others that are not so invested in him don't see any problems.  Maybe this presents him to NJU as a man who can take control of his life and handle it on his terms--not the wimpy person a lot of them perceived him to be.

My own sons didn't always do everything the way I would have preferred, but I still loved them and they had to live with the consequences.  They are both very remarkable young men and that is what carried them through the rough times in their lives. 

This will happen to Clay also.  He is talented, spirited, cares very deeply for his humanitarian causes and is very private about his non-public life.  His faith, his family  and his friends will carry him through--look how it has worked in the past.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
« Reply #2034 on: June 27, 2008, 06:02:19 PM »

Gwenn, I think that people outside of the tight circle of Clay fans see everything from a different perspective.  We want to  protect him and not let anything hurt him so when some of the things he comes up with stir up the tabloids and the haters, we naturally think it was a bad idea.  In reality, others that are not so invested in him don't see any problems.  Maybe this presents him to NJU as a man who can take control of his life and handle it on his terms--not the wimpy person a lot of them perceived him to be.

My own sons didn't always do everything the way I would have preferred, but I still loved them and they had to live with the consequences.  They are both very remarkable young men and that is what carried them through the rough times in their lives. 

This will happen to Clay also.  He is talented, spirited, cares very deeply for his humanitarian causes and is very private about his non-public life.  His faith, his family  and his friends will carry him through--look how it has worked in the past.

Clapping Clapping Clapping WILSON BARB!!!!! Well stated. 
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #2035 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »

Here ya go, Clandy:

CM Clay Discussion 25: Livin' Outside the Box

or

CM Clay Discussion 25: On His Terms

Eh, just a thought. shrug

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #2036 on: June 27, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »

Anybody remember me????

wave

I know, I know I've been extremely quiet of late but I wanted to put my two cents in here.

It's one thing to lose interest in an artist because you've developed a new interest, kind of like what happened with me. Not to say I don't still love Clay but my focus is elsewhere.

To leave supporting an artist over a rumor you aren't sure is true or not is CRAZY! OY!

*hugs to everyone, love ya'll!*

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
claydevotee
« Reply #2037 on: June 27, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »

Here ya go, Clandy:

CM Clay Discussion 25: Livin' Outside the Box

or

CM Clay Discussion 25: On His Terms

Eh, just a thought.

SUNNY, I love both suggestions, to be honest!!!  But heck, I vote for "On His Terms".  Thanks for giving us a choice.  I couldn't think of anything. hypnotic
IChris1
SuperFan

« Reply #2038 on: June 27, 2008, 06:14:18 PM »

Hi Susie  Huggles Huggles Huggles

Now my heart is dancing through each day, my soul is running free, look what love has done to me.
Proud member of the East Coast Posse
Clay's English Princess
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #2039 on: June 27, 2008, 06:17:21 PM »

Hey Irene!!!

Anybody wanna see a picture of my poor little car?????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/aikenseeker/rheinholds/IMG_3248.jpg

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx