gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 297
Total: 297

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 103 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 24 :: We're in sync in many ways (All Members Welcome!)  (Read 232282 times)
claydevotee
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »

Just got back from a visit with my mother who lives 3/1/2 hours away.  I highly recommend On My Way Here to help you stay awake behind the wheel.  Laughing My current favorite driving songs:  "Ashes", "Everything I Don't Need", and "Falling".   Whoever has been complaining about there not being enough "upbeat" songs on the CD is dead wrong IMHO.  And I truly believe that with a couple of exceptions, every one of the tracks on the album are better than anything being played on the radio today.  Clapping

Because of that I am a very happy and proud Clay fan!  bigsmile
mainer
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »

While Clay admits to no longer watching American Idol (the old high school foot ball team analogy), I can't help but wish and hope and pray he'll be featured as a surprise guest on AI.  I suppose it's altogether much too much to hope for.  If the AI TV audience could ever see and hear him perform Everything I Don't Need and The Real Me, his total album sales would positively skyrocket (with a second or third week's boost -- like that given to Neil Diamond's launch).  Clay's performances of these songs are positively breathtaking, masterful, astonishing.  It's not just that he would benefit from the exposure, an AI appearance would be a benefit to the many who have forgotten him, or potential fans who are not yet familiar with him.  His opening numbers are great -- but there are so many potential Clay fans out there who deserve an opportunity to discover, or rediscover,  him...
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »

I'm very happy with the figures! And my drug rep friend told me she'd pick up a copy this week. She saw him on TV last week and has a great feeling she'll like the CD.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 04:18:13 PM »

I'm happy with the sales figures.  Hey, just ask Brother Maynard how important the NUMBER 3 is.   bigsmile 

Naturally we would have loved for him to sell lots more but, evidently, most people do not buy CDs any more.  They just download the songs they like.  I love this CD and hope it will stay in the top ten for several weeks and then continue to have a long, steady life after that.

Clay you don't need to stop promotion at the end of this week -- there are still a lot of people out there who would love this CD if they could see a few more appearances with more singing.  That way they might see what they are missing.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »

I AM HAPPY.  IT TURNED OUT JUST LIKE I THOUGHT IT WOULD.  I AM PLEASED AND HIS RECORD IS IN TACT.  ONLY 5 ARTISTS, I BELIEVE, THAT HAVE EVERY ALBUM DEBUT IN THE TOP 5.  I AM THRILLED WITH THAT.  NUMBERS ARE LOW, BUT THAT IS FOR EVERYONE.  GAVIN DEGRAW WAS ALL OVER RADIO AND HAD 25,000 LESS THAN CLAY.  JOSH GROBAN LOTS LETS.  I CAN LIVE WITH THIS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 05:41:33 PM »

JOSH GROBAN LOTS LETS.

Josh Groban is all over the radio, as well.  Frustrating that Clay can't be played as much.  But I am very happy with Clay's ranking in the top 5.   Clapping
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »

I may be wrong, but Josh Groban's "AWAKE" is live concert performances of his previously released Awake CD a little over a year ago. I don't think this CD included any new songs.  He did initially follow the release of Awake with a huge concert tour that included over 100 concerts. This new CD is taken from these concert performances. My daughter is a huge Groban fan, and he is rarely heard on the radio in N.E. Wisconsin. He falls into the AC category and has a more mature fan base than the "hot" stars.

It would be great to get a CD of Clay in concert. The songs from On My Way Here done "live" would be awesome. Hopefully, that will happen in the future!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »

My daughter is a huge Groban fan, and he is rarely heard on the radio in N.E. Wisconsin. He falls into the AC category and has a more mature fan base than the "hot" stars.

wave HEY, BARBARA!!!!  If you check out Mediabase.com, you'll see that Josh is way ahead of Clay in AC radio play.  He's being played in larger markets like NYC, Cleveland, Fresno, and Milwaukee just to name a few.  He is on the "song request selection list" here in Chicago for the major Clear Channel AC channel, whereas Clay is not.  A bit frustrating for me, I must admit. 
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 06:20:14 PM »

I want the whole world to hear Clay's CD. It is a masterpiece. I am thrilled that he placed in the top 3. Clapping

I absolutely love the song choices and musical arrangements. I know I am biased, but it is even better than I could have even imagined it would be. Clay must be so proud. I played it over and over at work today.  Simply the best!   Huggles

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »

Hi...just a quickie...  blush  (got an AI dinner night  to prepare) ...something fun from my 5th grade munchkins...I began to play On My Way Here for just the second time, and they were clamoring for me to play 'fallin'...YES...they remembered the name of the track after only one play...and they insisted, INSISTED I play it immediately...and then they wanted it on repeat...yes, the young have spoken.  Where's radio??  He'll get there...he got here, and I have the faith he'll get there...where ever he decides that is!!

BTW:  I told them where they could buy the CD...and get a bonus track too..there's a Walmart near by...I'm a shameless Clay fan..  Wink 

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
claydevotee
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »

JOHANNA, I love your "grassroots approach" to Clayverting.  Get 'em while they young and impressionable!!!  Laughing

Yup, Clay has managed to compile a masterpiece in On My Way Here.  He should be very proud of his accomplishment.  I know I am!!!

Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »

This is wonderful new video of On My Way Here from Yahoo music. Clay singing in the studio along with showing old pics of him and behind the scenes stuff making the CD and a photoshoot. Thud!

new.music.yahoo.com

~fixed scrolly link - m~

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »

This is wonderful new video of On My Way Here from Yahoo music. Clay singing in the studio along with showing old pics of him and behind the scenes stuff making the CD and a photoshoot. Thud!

new.music.yahoo.com

Purple Banana Tiffany thank you for the link to the music video..*sigh* he's just...IS...yum-O!

Sing badly if you must, but sing
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

Clay's numbers are respectable. Wish they were more...

You can see CD sales in general are down  all around, but gas keeps going up!!!!!

WHAT A COUNTRY!!!!

What things do you think need to happen for this cd to have "legs" and last a few weeks on the  top???

(Other than the obvious radio play?)

What could he or  we, the fans do to facilitate this ??

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »

Clay's numbers are respectable. Wish they were more...

You can see CD sales in general are down  all around, but gas keeps going up!!!!!

WHAT A COUNTRY!!!!

What things do you think need to happen for this cd to have "legs" and last a few weeks on the  top???

(Other than the obvious radio play?)

What could he or  we, the fans do to facilitate this ??

I'm still crossing my fingers for some more radio play and hopefully maybe if they can play one of the other songs from the album later on..like Falling or Where I Draw the Line? Also I wouldn't cross him not touring entirely..I understand him needing to rest since he has been busy poor guy..but he'll probably suprise us and announce a tour..

I think for my part..me buying three more of On My Way Here today on Amazon as part of the CD drive to send to the troops is one way of me personally contributing to the sales of this CD. I'm actually thinking of getting more to just donate along with clothes and such to charities who constantly drop off flyers at my door...Of course I'll have to do that in stealth mode so that hubby doesn't know I have a secret mission to boost Clay's CD sales Naughty ROFLMAO Laughing

Sing badly if you must, but sing
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 03:30:52 AM »

Nice review!

From Bill Lamb http://top40.about.com/

****/5 stars

This Is Clay Aiken

First, if you are a serious Clay Aiken fan, you will be very pleased with On My Way Here. The production throughout this album is wisely toned down to make plenty of room for Aiken's warm, sweet vocals. The songwriting, while not spectacular, is solid throughout. However, if polished adult contemporary is not your thing, this is a collection to pass by. Clay Aiken is a master of this style, but you won't find him much on most mainstream pop radio stations. It's a wise decision to stop chasing what's out of reach and stick to what he does best.

Music for the Fans
A key element to Clay Aiken's success thus far as a singer is his impressive ability to connect strongly with his core fans. At his best moments, he demonstrates the ability to ignore critics and zero in on what it is his listeners most want to hear. The covers album A Thousand Different Ways, largely dictated by record label interests, veered a bit off that path. However, On My Way Here, filled with lush ballads and a few slightly funky workouts, exploits Aiken's strengths as an engaging vocalist. More than a few songs here are destined to become favorites for his devoted following.

Solid Batch of Songs
The songs here are solid. A number of the songwriters here have strong backgrounds in the Contemporary Christian arena. Other standouts include the work of OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder on the album's title cut "On My Way Here." Sweden's Martin Kaxe and Fred Alexander edge Clay Aiken into pop-rock territory impressively on "Falling." Music industry veterans David Foster and Emanuel Kiriakou collaborate with Aiken on the gorgeous album closer "Lover All Alone."

Top Tracks from On My Way Here

On My Way Here
Falling
Weight of the World
Lover All Alone

Clay Aiken Takes a Firm Hold of His Niche

Success in the mainstream pop arena can be a very enticing bauble for a pop singer to attempt to grab. However, adult contemporary fans and radio are more likely to embrace an artist over the long term with appreciation for a polished voice. Clay Aiken's fellow American Idol alum Kimberley Locke has proven one can build a very solid career at adult contemporary radio with almost no exposure from mainstream pop stations. This is clearly Clay Aiken's comfort zone and from time to time on On My Way Here he soars. This is his niche in the pop music industry.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 03:43:22 AM »

What could he or we, the fans do to facilitate this ??

http://www.radio-locator.com/

This is a link to radio stations through out the US (maybe international also)

If you enter your state and format (Hot AC or AC) They will give you links to the radio stations. Most stations have a request line or you can e-mail requests in.  Clay asked that we request "On My Way Here" only.  One fan mentioned to the stations that she heard the song on Leno and loved it. 
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 04:36:55 AM »

And request gently ... not more than once a day. Smile

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 05:29:48 AM »

MICKI--THANKS FOR THAT REVIEW.  NICE WAY TO WAKE UP.  AS IS THE VIDEO.  NOTHING SPECIAL, BUT CUTE.  HE IS ONE HOT DUDE.   Thud!

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clay_enthusiast
Clayamateur

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 07:22:06 AM »

On My Way Here is a great cd , full of songs that are much better than I hear on the radio AC OR HOT AC stations.  The ones in my area about 5 of them all play the heck out of J  G.r.oben and Michael B.  and they are slow songs too.  There are many radio friendly songs on this cd.  I could see Ashes and Falling two of my favorite fast songs on the hot ac stations.  But the only way to get played today it seems is if the record co. $$$$supports it.   WHY WOULD THEY NOT SUPPORT THIS CD BECAUSE IT IS BETTER THAN 90 %  OF WHAT IS OUR THERE????  They could sell sooo many more cds if they got some spins during the most listened to time of day on the biggest stations.  Just does not make sense.  It is a great cd , I like all the songs on it .     
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 103 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx