gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 415
Total: 415

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 24 :: We're in sync in many ways (All Members Welcome!)  (Read 232386 times)
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #1980 on: June 26, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »

LOLITA, good to see you post here!    Are you planning to Clayvert any of your family while you're visiting in the Phillipines????

Thea when I went home in 2004 I took with me Clay's CDs including all his demos, my family love his voice. One day my cousin was visiting... my stereo was blaring with Clay singing UM, she was still in the yard when she screamed (she's a screamer) "who's that, what a delicious voice!" I had never heard anyone described Clay's voice as delicious...I loved it. They all loved UM, my second cousin who's eighteen played UM over and over until he got all the lyrics written down. This time I'm taking with me ATDW, On My Way Here and all Clay's Christmas CDs.

LovingClay and everyone, thanks for understanding, I agree any pics of Clay is always a good thing.

Frankie, yes, I received a lot of Clay positive emails as well. Purple Banana

Glory too bad your lawyer is married, we could all gaze into his eyes while our man is away. Laughing BTW, phone interview that could be interesting...good luck.

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #1981 on: June 26, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »

To add insult to injury, some of the fans that have left are posting at the "swamp" telling about how disillusioned they are. It makes me sick.

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #1982 on: June 26, 2008, 12:19:56 PM »

What is "the swamp"?

Debbie
mainer
« Reply #1983 on: June 26, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »

...and how on earth can anyone be disillusioned with someone when they don't even know the truth of what they seem to find so disillusioning? 

The truth is that Clay is in Somaliland.  The truth is that he has released a fantastic CD, after a critically acclaimed stint on Broadway.  The truth is that he and Jaymes Foster admit to being best friends and are obviously very much in sync in many ways, and enjoy a fruitful (no pun intended) and inspired professional collaboration as well as a meaningful friendship. 

I think that the self-righteous, would-be controlling, so-called "fans" -- who would want to try to dictate the behaviors of another human being, especially a thoughtful and caring human being, and make snap judgements based on tabloid speculations of someone who has given them and others so much over just a few years -- need to redirect their attention to themselves.  Hmmm -- what have they done for children with disabilities, or for children who suffer from hunger and poverty?  How many teens have they encouraged with a best-selling memoir?  How many untold lives have they touched, enriched and cheered through their artistry?

No one seemed to care that Callista Flockart was ready to parent before she had found a serious partner (scenario 1) ; or that, when she found one, he was considerably older than she was (scenario 2). 

I have full faith that Clay will make the best decisions for himself and his loved ones.  Making the best decisions is not always a case of making the most popular or the most conventional choices, but of making the right choices.
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1984 on: June 26, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »

Someone here wrote a few weeks ago about why they don't like being a "Claymate", meaning the all encompassing term the media has applied to all of Clay's fans, and usually not meant in a complimentary way.  
That would be me again. Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1985 on: June 26, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »

MAINER---I LOVED YOUR POST.   Clapping Clapping Clapping

I HAVE HEARD THE SWAMP A LOT.  I KIND OF THINK I KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET THERE AND I HAVE NO INTEREST IN ITS LOCATION.  I HAVE NO PLACE IN MY LIFE FOR SUCH A PLACE.  OR THE PEOPLE WHO INHABIT SUCH.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1986 on: June 26, 2008, 01:01:02 PM »

The "swamp" is where swampthing lives.....it's his home.   

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #1987 on: June 26, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »

Ugh!! so that is what (or where) the swamp is.  Now I know how it got it's name, for the slimy creatures that live there.

Debbie
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #1988 on: June 26, 2008, 02:25:37 PM »

wave

EDIT - dudley - hope you are feleing well enough to lurk - I miss you, and hope you are feeling O.K.  Huggles

wave

WELL WELL....WE HAVE HAD THUNDERSTORMS THE LAST COUPLE OF AFTERNOONS ALSO AND TODAY I WAS STANDING AT MY KITCHEN WINDOW LOOKING ACROSS THE STREET WHEN A VERY LOUD BANG WITH BLINDING LIGHT HAPPENED.....MY HOUSE SHOOK BUT I COULD TELL IT WASN'T HERE.....ABOUT 15 MIN LATER TWO FIRETRUCKS SHOWED UP AT THE HOUSE TWO UP FROM ME (ONE HOUSE IN BETWEEN US IF THAT MAKES SENSE)....I WENT OUTSIDE IN FRONT TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON AND I DIDN'T SEE ANY SMOKE/OR SMELLED ANY.....BUT THE FIRETRUCKS STAYED THERE ABOUT HALF AN HOUR AROUND IN THE BACK......I WENT TO MY BACKYARD AND STILL DIDN'T SEE ANY SMOKE SO MAYBE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU HAPPENED TO THEM ALSO.....VERY INTERESTING....AS A FEW YEARS AGO LIGHTENING HIT THE HOUSE ON THE CORNER BY US AND IT WAS UP IN FLAMES ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.....IT BURNT TO THE GROUND.....

ANY YES I AM LURKING ALWAYS......I FEEL BETTER FOR SURE...IT WILL BE 3 WEEKS TOMORROW AND I SAW MY SURGEON THIS MORNING AND HE SAID IT TAKES ALITTLE OVER A MONTH FOR A LUNG TO HEAL COMPLETELY AFTER IT HAS BEEN COLLAPSED AND CHUNKS TAKEN OUT OF IT (SAID CHUNKS ARE AT THE MAYO CLINIC IN SCOTTSDALE, AZ) ......LOCAL PATHOLOGY REPORTS ARE LOOKING GOOD THAT I DON'T HAVE THE LUNG DISEASE THAT KILLS YOU SO THAT MUCH WE DO KNOW  Clapping  Clapping....BUT OF THE 8 OTHER LUNG DISEASES ....THAT IS WHAT WE ARE WAITING ON TO FIND OUT   Paranoid .....WHICH ONE OR TWO I DO HAVE.....

I AM ENJOYING ALL THE POSTS......BUT....I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE.....DUH, WE HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE.....CLAY PUTS OUT A NEW CD AND THE POND SCUM COME UP.....BEEN THERE....DONE THAT.....AND CLAY CAME OUT FINE.....HE ...IS...A....SMART...MAN....AND...KNOWS.....
WHAT....HE....IS....DOING......SOME PEOPLE MUST HAVE SHORT MEMORIES I GUESS 
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1989 on: June 26, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »

DUDLEY!!!! SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!
GWENN- I PLAY COMPUTER MAH JONGG - I KNOW IT IS DIFFERENT BUT I AM HOOKED ON IT AND LOVE TO PLAY!! SOMETIMES I EVEN WIN.
FRANKIE- THAT IS FRIGHTENING ABOUT YOUR HOUSE BEING HIT BY LIGHTNING! I THINK THAT IS MY BIGGEST FEAR. IF THERE IS A STORM COMING I TURN OFF BOTH MY COMPUTERS AND THE TV. WHEN THE CABLE GUY (KID REALLY-23) WAS HERE THE OTHER DAY I TOLD HIM I WONT EVEN GO ON THE PHONE DURING A STORM BECAUSE A FRIEND OF MY GRANDMOTHERS HAD LIGHTENING RUN THROUGH THE WIRES DURING A STORM
HE LOOKED AT ME FUNNY AND SAID "YOUR PHONE IS CORDLESS"

"DUH!!!!"

THEA-I READ ABOUT YOUR MOM- GLAD SHE IS MENDING HUGS AND PRAYERS TO HER. AND ITS WONDERFUL THAT YOU GOT TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR SON.

MAINER- I AGREE WITH YOUR POST 100%

MICKI- THAT STORY BY SAVONETTE MADE ME CRY WHEN I READ IT EARLIER TODAY

CLANDERSON AND CLAYHEART- YES, STAY AWAY FROM THE SWAMP- ONLY POND SCUM AND ALLIGATORS THERE. I WOULD NOT GIVE THAT SITE HITS FOR ANYTHING. IT JUST EARNS THEM MORE MONEY. I WANT THEM TO DRY UP AND BLOW AWAY. AND I DOUBT IF ITS FANS POSTING THERE- ITS PROBABLY PEOPLE PRETENDING TO BE FANS WHO HAVE READ THE BOARDS AND SEE THE FEW THAT SUPPOSEDLY ARE DISILLUSIONED.

LOLITA- GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE CLAYVERTING PEOPLE!!

CORBETT- NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING HERE

MEESA- WILL BE FUN TO TRAVEL TOGETHER AGAIN. CATCH UP ON YOUR SLEEP FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS! ME, I WILL HAVE TO STARVE SO I CAN MAKE MYSELF NOT RESEMBLE A  PUMPKIN WITH LEGS.

JILl!! GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN

SUNNY!! WHAT CAN I SAY?? Huggles Huggles Huggles bigsmile

IF I MISSED ANYONE, SORRY!! I AM GOING TO TRY POSTING ON MY LUNCH BREAK DURING THE WEEK. I HATED CATCHING UP LATE AT NIGHT WHEN EVERYONE WAS GONE!!

AND CLAY CONTENT?? STILL LOVE HIM, STILL WANT   UM, ADMIRE HIM- AND I CAN PLAY MY CD AT WORK!! YAYNESS!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
claydevotee
« Reply #1990 on: June 26, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »

YAYNESS!!

Laughing  MARILYN, I like that.  I think we have a new word to add to our Clay dictionary!!!!  Clapping
claydevotee
« Reply #1991 on: June 26, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »

The "swamp" is where swampthing lives.....it's his home.

Laughing  And I guess he now has a whole gaggle/herd/school of new housemates.   Maybe we should send them some "I Heart the Swamp Dude"  t-shirts.
claydevotee
« Reply #1992 on: June 26, 2008, 03:40:07 PM »

I FEEL BETTER FOR SURE...IT WILL BE 3 WEEKS TOMORROW AND I SAW MY SURGEON THIS MORNING AND HE SAID IT TAKES ALITTLE OVER A MONTH FOR A LUNG TO HEAL COMPLETELY AFTER IT HAS BEEN COLLAPSED AND CHUNKS TAKEN OUT OF IT (SAID CHUNKS ARE AT THE MAYO CLINIC IN SCOTTSDALE, AZ) ......LOCAL PATHOLOGY REPORTS ARE LOOKING GOOD THAT I DON'T HAVE THE LUNG DISEASE THAT KILLS YOU SO THAT MUCH WE DO KNOW    ....BUT OF THE 8 OTHER LUNG DISEASES ....THAT IS WHAT WE ARE WAITING ON TO FIND OUT    .....WHICH ONE OR TWO I DO HAVE.....

DUDLEY, I'm so relieved and happy for you that your pathology reports are looiking good so far.  Clapping  Please keep us updated, OK?   
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1993 on: June 26, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »

Ben Affleck is on ET right now and they are showing clips of his trip to Africa.  Nightline accompanied him and this story will be featured on Nightline tonight.  Not to take anything away from Ben, because he is showing how bad things are there, but I sure wish Clay could get this type of coverage.

Things sure have moved fast here since I left last night.  I hope all of you affected by bad storms are safe and sound.

Glory - take advantage of your phone interview.  Check out all of your options.  That way you will be able to make a more informed decision. 

Sunny - keep on dancing   Smile

Dudley - so glad you have good news so far.  Hopefully, everything else will be just as positive.

Marilyn -I can play my CD at work also.  Some days I think Clay's voice is what gets me through the day

Meesa - I never saw your post about Steven Curtis Chapman's little girl and Maria's Miracle Fund.  There are so many ways people can make a difference so why do so many only want to hurt and degrade someone else.  They must live a miserable life.

As for the so called Clay fans that now choose to dwell in the swamp.  They certainly add a new meaning to "low life".  It's one thing to be disappointed in an entertainer and maybe choose not to be a fan any longer, but it's an entirely different thing to jump over to the "other side" when they are probably only doing it to give the swamp dweller more to hurt Clay with.   If that is what a "fan" does, he sure doesn't need that kind of fans.   

One question, is there any way the people who are doing this can be banned from all Clay boards so they can't pick up on everything that is discussed.   

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1994 on: June 26, 2008, 04:45:39 PM »

Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

One question, is there any way the people who are doing this can be banned from all Clay boards so they can't pick up on everything that is discussed. 
If a board is public, people don't have to be members to read what's on it. And if they're not members, they can't be banned.  

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1995 on: June 26, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »

Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

If a board is public, people don't have to be members to read what's on it. And if they're not members, they can't be banned.  

I guess that makes sense.  If they want the info bad enough, I'm sure they will get it one way or another.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

Barbara
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1996 on: June 26, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »

LINDA--SO GLAD THINGS ARE LOOKING UP SO FAR.  FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD CONTINUED RESULTS.   Huggles

MARILYN AND MEESA---MARION AND I ARE PRAYING FOR TICKETS FOR THE GALA.  HAVEN'T GOTTEN AIRLINE TIX YET.  I AM AFRAID TO DO THAT.  BUT I AM SOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE EVENT.  I WANT TO BE THERE.  NO.  I NEED TO BE THERE.  WE ALL DO.

I READ ON THE CH THAT CLAY HAS TO PAY HIS OWN WAY WHEN HE DOES A UNICEF TRIP.  I DIDN'T KNOW THAT.  INTERESTING AND OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING HE WANTS TO DO TO SPEND HIS OWN MONEY.  GOD KNOWS, THIS IS A MAN WHO RECYCLES CLOTHES THAT ARE 4 YEARS OLD.   bigsmile JUST TEASING.

LIGHTENING SCARES ME TO DEATH.  ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS LOST A COUSIN DURING A STORM AND SINCE THEN, I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR MOTHER NATURE.  I HATE LIGHTENING AND THUNDER.  FRANKIE--BE CAREFUL.

THEA--SEEMS LIKE THINGS ARE MORE NORMAL.   Huggles

SUNNY AND PAMELA---KEEP ON DANCING IS RIGHT. Purple Banana Purple Banana

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1997 on: June 26, 2008, 05:22:03 PM »

GWENN TELL ME WHAT IS NORMAL. Laughing I AM NOT SURE AFTER 5 YEARS WITH CLAY I WILL EVER BE NORMAL AGAIN, NOT THAT I EVER WAS,

SAD ABOUT FANS JOINING RANKS WITH THE LIKES OF nonameblogger OR swampthing. HAVE TO WONDER IF THEY WERE EVER FANS AT ALL. NOT SURE WHAT IS BEING SAID BUT DO NOT CARE TO GIVE THEM HITS.

BARB NEVER HAD A PHONE INTERVIEW BEFORE. SHOULD BE INTERESTING, HUH.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1998 on: June 26, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »

BARB NEVER HAD A PHONE INTERVIEW BEFORE. SHOULD BE INTERESTING, HUH.

Yep!     I'll be interested in hearing how it goes. 

Barbara
claydevotee
« Reply #1999 on: June 26, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

THEA--SEEMS LIKE THINGS ARE MORE NORMAL.   

GWENN, you're very observant!  Huggles  Yes, I know things are getting back to "normal" (whatever that is anymore  Wink) when I actually feel like cooking a halfway decent meal for my family.  Now I can concentrate on more important things.....Like you know that guy that we like to discuss around here???? 

I
READ ON THE CH THAT CLAY HAS TO PAY HIS OWN WAY WHEN HE DOES A UNICEF TRIP.  I DIDN'T KNOW THAT.  INTERESTING AND OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING HE WANTS TO DO TO SPEND HIS OWN MONEY.

Wow, that makes me admire him even more.  I just figured UNICEF had a budget for their ambassadors.  Airfare to Somalia couldn't be cheap, ya think???  No!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx