gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:50:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 103 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 24 :: We're in sync in many ways (All Members Welcome!)  (Read 232213 times)
ILClaymate
« on: May 12, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »

Welcome to CM Discussion number 24.  This is the official Clay discussion thread at Claymaniacs.com. 

To that end, please include Clay content in your posts. News, articles, links to pictures, thoughts, opinions or anything that encourages conversation is welcome.  Personal conversation should take place in our community threads. 

Antagonistic or adversarial comments are not allowed. State your opinion then move on. Please also note that you are free to scroll through posts which do not interest you.

An opinion that differs from your own is not a personal attack on you.  A negative opinion is not a personal attack on Clay.

This is a linear style thread, in that several topics may be discussed in this single thread, sometimes all at once.  All rules and guidelines referenced in the Forum Info section apply here.  This is an all ages thread, so please insure content is appropriate.

In order to keep the tone conversational, links to pictures are encouraged but clickable thumbnails may also be posted in moderation.  No post-hoing of pics!!  No full-sized photos will be permitted.

All previous threads will be archived in the "Archives - Critical Mass" forum.

Thanks and have fun!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »

Thanks for the new thread Angela!

Clay on Leno - GAH.  He looks great, he's funny and so at ease and he sounds fabulous and he and Jack Black are having a fine time. 

Next up, the singing part!   Clapping
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:47:16 PM »

Leno was so great! I love to hear Clay laugh. And sing. And talk. And .... you all know. I just love the man!

I can't tell you all how many people have told me they think Clay looks great during all these On My Way Here appearances. Different people have seen him each time. In fact, one of my good friends who works for a pharmaceutical company is coming to see me either tomorrow or Wednesday at work. She loves to hear about the Clay trips I take and she got transferred to KC in November. She called last week and is making a special trip to my work to talk to me about what's happened with Clay since she had to move.  bigsmile

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »

Clay on Leno:

The man is funny!!!!!! Laughing  He cracks me up...

Boy does he have issues with growing older!!!!

Note to self:  Ditch the HB card for Clay's 30th this year!!! Naughty

I just love him!!! bigsmile

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 04:54:01 AM »

I think the Leno outfit is my new favorite! He looked wonderful last night! Sounded great, too.  bigsmile

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 04:55:25 AM »

what songs did he perform on leno

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 05:02:08 AM »

On My Way Here - you can download the show at Clack Unlimited.

I loved it! 

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 05:21:44 AM »

AS AN OFFICIAL LURKER.....I AM LOVING ALL THESE CONVERSATIONS.....HAVEN'T SEEN LENO YET....DVR'D IT LAST NIGHT....WILL WATCH THIS MORNING....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK/CONVERSATIONS LADIES....IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO EACH DAY....AND IT TELLS ME WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE CLAY WORLD WITHOUT ME HAVING TO GO TO OTHER BOARDS LIKE I USED TO HAVE THE ENERGY TO DO.....
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 06:12:54 AM »

I don't get post as much as I like because I check in mostly when I'm at work.   Naughty  At least I don't have to worry about getting fired since my hubby is one of the bosses  bigsmile ... but then again  Paranoid.

I am enjoying all the promotion for On My Way Here.  Clay's looking and sounding great.  Thanks for everyone who takes the time to give us the pictures, downloads, links, etc.  Well, gotta go ... phone's ringing!!

Debbie
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 08:04:44 AM »

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED LENO.  I FORGOT TO TIVO IT SO I WILL DOWNLOAD THIS MORNING SO I CAN WATCH AGAIN.  I ADORE THIS MAN.  HE CRACKS ME UP.   AND HE LOOKED SOOOOO GOOD.

BY THE END OF THE WEEK, HE WILL BE GONE FROM US FOR SO LONG.  I DON'T KNOW HOW WE WILL STAND IT.  I MISS HIM ALREADY.  NO PLANS TO SEE HIM ANYWHERE.   

NOW, THE NUMBERS WILL BE IN BY THE END OF THE DAY AND WE WILL SEE WHAT IS WHAT.  STILL NERVOUS EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO. 

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 10:32:30 AM »

I just posted this in the OCD - thank goodness we have copies of so many performances to get us through the next Clay Drought!

Lunch time check in! It's very quiet here today. As I've been working, I popped an old DVD of  2003 Clay TV shows in - just watched the "behind the scenes" show about the American Idol 2 Tour. I loved the part where the Idols were sitting around the breakfast table reading the reviews from their show - some of the reviews were just awful, and  some were downright mean (lots of personal attacks). My favorite part is where they all raised their glasses of orange juice, and Clay made a toast "Here's To Not Caring!" I think Clay has kept that same attitude - don't sweat the small stuff!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »

I have a feeling that Clay will be touring sooner than he may have liked to if sales in these first few weeks don't go as well as expected.  But I sure don't know about the record business, or if a tour for someone who isn't played on the radio much really makes a difference.  It seems like his new people have been managing his career a bit better.  What can be done to help sales?? So many people are missing out.  They don't know how good he is if they don't hear him on the radio!     Well, back to work!! 
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »

WELL CLAY CAME IN AT NO. 3 92,887. PRETTY GOOD HUH Purple Banana

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:23 PM »

Was that a final figure?  I thought I read somewhere that the final numbers wouldn't be available until Thursday, and that not everyone had reported yet.
SophiaB
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »

Hi Glory,

Where do you find the sales numbers for Clay?  I tried to find them on Billboard.com but did not see his album listed at all.

By the way, I just got the album in the mail yesterday and I just LOVE it!!!!! It is beyond my expectations and his voice is spectacular.  His range and control are wonderful.  What a very pleasant surprise this new album is.  Makes me happy!

SophiaB
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »

Glory - those are excellent numbers!!  Clay should be proud!!  I am!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 12:59:32 PM »

I'm thrilled with #3!  Clay should be proud......I sure am!   Purple Banana Purple Banana

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »

#3 is good. And it's right in line with the HDD predictions from Friday, which were 90-95K. Clay continues his streak of having every one of his albums debut in the top 5.

CHART DATE: 05/12/2008
LAST UPDATE: 05/13/2008 12:37:47

NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change

-- 1 NEIL DIAMOND COLUMBIA 140,004 --
HOME BEFORE DARK

-- 2 TOBY KEITH UME/SHOW DOG 100,527 --
35 BIGGEST HITS

-- 3 CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 92,887 --

4 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 88,498 +2% E=MC2

5 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 82,830 -71% HARD CANDY

6 LEONA LEWIS J RECORDS/RMG 75,612 -8% SPIRIT

7 GAVIN DEGRAW J RECORDS/RMG 70,094 -- GAVIN DEGRAW

8 JOSH GROBAN REPRISE 47,240 -- AWAKE LIVE

9 DIERKS BENTLEY CAPITOL NASHVILLE 43,010 -- GREATEST HITS 2003-2006

10 LUIS MIGUEL WARNER MUSIC LATINA 33,889 -- COMPLICES

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »

I'm absolutely thrilled with the sales numbers!  Purple Banana Purple Banana

Hi Glory,

Where do you find the sales numbers for Clay?  I tried to find them on Billboard.com but did not see his album listed at all.

By the way, I just got the album in the mail yesterday and I just LOVE it!!!!! It is beyond my expectations and his voice is spectacular.  His range and control are wonderful.  What a very pleasant surprise this new album is.  Makes me happy!

SophiaB
wave Hi Sophia! Nice to see you here. The album is wonderful, isn't it? gish The oh-fficial sales won't be posted on Billboard's site until Thursday. These numbers you are seeing are from Hits Daily Double - typically a pretty accurate depiction (but not always the final total) of album sales. In order to view those charts you need to register at the site - HDD.  Also, feel free to check out the Ship Shape Sales thread HERE in Clay Daily. Album rankings and sales are all posted there. bigsmile

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »

ONE OF THE ONLY ONES EVER TO DEBUT IN THE TOP 5. bigsmile

NOW WHAT IS SOUNDCSAN COULD THEY MAKE IT HIGHER. Paranoid

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 103 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx