gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 297
Total: 297

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK April 26 & 27  (Read 4372 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« on: April 25, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »

Song Title Time Price 
   1. On My Way Here 4:29
   2. Ashes 3:43
   3. Everything I Don't Need 4:29
   4. Something About Us 3:40
   5. Falling 3:25
   6. Where I Draw The Line 4:23 able 
   7. The Real Me 4:38
   8. Weight Of The World 3:44
   9. As Long As We're Here 4:42
 10. Sacrificial Love 4:12
 11. Grace Of God 3:35
 12. Lover All Alone 4:57 

GO HERE FOR A SNEAK LISTEN TO SNIPPETS FROM ON MY WAY HERE

AMAZON.COM

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »

Clay Aiken Appears On "Access Hollywood" To Promote New Album

Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - "American Idol" second season runner-up Clay Aiken has had a successful career since leaving the reality singing show. The singer, who is now starring in "Spamalot" on Broadway, says he still isn't used to people wanting to know so much about his personal life.

Aiken, whose new album "On My Way Here" is due out May 6, appears on Friday's "Access Hollywood." Interviewer Billy Bush asked Aiken about the frequent speculation on his sexuality, and Aiken replied by saying, "I think for the most part... people who are living in Omaha or in Charlotte or wherever, they don't want stuff like that pushed in their face."

ALL HEADLINE NEWS

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Clay Aiken has no interest in taking his love life public.

During a promotional appearance for his upcoming album, “On My Way Here,” and his Broadway show “Spamalot,” the “American Idol” Season 2 runner-up told “The Billy Bush Show” it’s only the media who cares whether he is gay or straight.

“I think for the most part, I really think that people don’t care, honestly,” Clay told Billy Bush. “I think that the press… people like that care more than anybody else does.”

Aiken told Billy that when press attention first began focusing on his sexuality following his “Idol” season, things were rough.

“It can be difficult initially. I think when you get into anything and you’re not used to people scrutinizing this, that or the other… it bothers you,” Aiken said. “After awhile you kind of just say, ‘Forget this… This is not who I am, this is not about me, what I want to do is be a singer, want to be an entertainer, and forget all that stuff.

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40:29 PM »

Clay Aiken
Thursday, Apr 24, 2008
Billy talks with Clay Aiken about his new recordings, how life has been since "American Idol". Billy plays "One My Way Here" from the new record.

LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW-THEY ALSO PLAY On My Way Here AND PART OF The Real Me (TEARJERKER)

GREAT INTERVIEW

BILLYBUSH SHOW

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »

Clay Aiken to Release Record in May
Published: 2008-04-25

"American Idol" runner up Clay Aiken will release On My Way Here this May via RCA Records. The album will be the 19 year old pop singer's fourth studio release and feature 12 new songs. It was produced by Marc "Kipper" Eldridge and executive produced by Jaymes Foster. The first single will be the disc's title track, "On My Way Here", which was written by Ryan Tedder of One Republic, Chris Faulk and Hunter Davis.

This past January, Aiken began lead roles on Broadway's "Monty Python's Spamalot", which runs until the 4th of May. He also narrates Season 2 of the syndicated television series, American Idol Rewind.

SOULSHINE

Aiken's On My Way Here will be available in stores on the 6th of May, here is the track listing:

1. "On My Way Here"
2. "Ashes"
3. "Everything I Don't Need"
4. "Something About Us"
5. "Falling"
6. "Where I Draw the Line"
7. "The Real Me"
8. "Weight of the World"
9. "As Long as We're Here"
10. "Sacrificial Love"
11. "Grace of God"
12. "Lover All Alone"

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 10:43:44 PM »

A quick update on the Late Night Aiken story from earlier this week. Jimmy Kimmel's publicist dropped us a line on Thursday to let us know that Clay Aiken's appearance has been moved to May 16th. While it means that Claymates will have to wait longer to see their hero interviewed on the show, on the positive side, this means that it's taking place on a Friday night so staying up late to catch it will be easier. Though it might make you a little groggy for those Sat morning cartoons.

ANTIMUSIC.COM

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »

A framed title page of Clay Aiken's number "You Won't Succeed On Broadway" from the SPAMalot score autographed by Clay.  Size approx. 8.5" by 11"

All proceeds of the auction directly benefit Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS. To learn more about the organization please visit www.broadwaycares.org

EBAY

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »

Feet of Clay? Not for Aiken, who's proved to be a malleable singer, Broadway actor
Posted by Mary Colurso -- Birmingham News April 25, 2008 12:56 AM

The conversation starts with a subject that might be considered trivial, but is of great interest to Clay Aiken's fans.

His hair.

SPECIAL
Clay Aiken got comfortable with a flatiron on "American Idol." These days, he says, being adventurous with his hair is a given.His newly blond hair, to be exact.
You can see it on the cover of Aiken's next CD, "On My Way Here," and in his most recent publicity photos. The color catches the light and shimmers with golden highlights.

And why not? The singer's geek-to-chic transformation was part of the reason he did so well on the 2003 season of "American Idol," coming in a close second to Birmingham's Ruben Studdard.

Most of the credit should go to Aiken's voice, of course -- the way his clean, clear tenor flowed through pop hits such as "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

BLOG.AL.COM

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 10:49:09 PM »

In 2005, Spamalot won a Tony award for Best New Musical. It is based (loosely) on the Monty Python movie “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”. It’s a bloody, violent and sexually charged production filled with tension, amazing dance numbers and guys in tights. Okay…so it’s not really bloody. Or violent (which is the same thing as bloody…right?). Uh…and there is some sex…kinda. Anyway…it’s all silly and most scenes are straight out of the movie. The music is awesome! The production is a lot of fun and I got to see Clay Aiken (of American Idol fame) play the role of Sir Robin. He does a really great job! He is definately a good choice for that role! And everyone involved is top notch. I would definately recommend it to anyone who has a funnybone! The only downside…Nathan the maniac usher. Don’t you DARE try to sneak a picture in under Nathan’s watch…because if you do…he’ll tell you to delete it! I had the idea that Nathan had me in his sights…whenever he wasn’t checking his cell phone for messages. Anyway, I took a picture before the production. Nathan told me to delete it. I didn’t. Sorry Nate…but you can bite me.

ALNTV WORDPRESS

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 10:50:07 PM »

CLAY AIKEN.COM

A MOTHERS DAY GREETING FROM CLAY!!

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »

Clay Aiken Live... on QVC
Posted Apr 24th 2008 7:39AM by Brett Love

Clay Aiken's career track is an interesting one. For someone with my musical tastes and interests, he virtually disappeared after his season of American Idol was over. His act is really just not for me. Unlike so many other also-rans from the show though, a couple times a year, he pops up again. Clay is performing here. He's sold another million albums there. And along the way he's managed to build one of the most devoted fan bases anyone could ask for.

That brings us to the latest rise of Clay on to the radar for the rest of us. He's kicking off the release of his fourth studio album next Monday, with an appearance on QVC. I'm reminded of Arsenio and the old "things that make you go hmmm" bit. I'm not sure I get it, but we should probably just not question Clay's judgment. He seems to be doing alright. He's never going to have the media exposure of Kelly Clarkson, but he's not going to just fade away either.

TV SQUAD

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »

Six Questions For ... Clay Aiken

He's so pretty, oh so pretty ... The 2003 "American Idol" also-ran and author and Broadway star, etc., has a new album coming out on May 6. It's called "On My Way Here." It's also the name of Aiken's new single. The singer called during a visit to his hometown of Raleigh, N.C.

In your new single, you sing that your "address has changed almost every year." Why don't you settle down and anchor yourself somewhere? Or is that lyric just a metaphor?
I didn't write the song, so I have to interpret it metaphorically. I have moved a lot ... but it's more about changing scenery, changing things in your life and trying to grow personally and professionally.

So it's not that you keep moving because you're afraid that your loony fans might bother you at home?
(Laughs.) No, no, they found me already. They know where I live. You can't beat 'em.

Seriously, though: Some of your fans seem kinda crazy. Do any of them freak you out?
There are very few who do. Most of them are just enthusiastic. I'd say maybe less than a half-percent of them are just woah! But then again, I probably scare some people, too. (Laughs.)

WASHINGTON POST

franniek54
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

Clay Aiken to Release Record in May
Published: 2008-04-25

"American Idol" runner up Clay Aiken will release On My Way Here this May via RCA Records. The album will be the 19 year old pop singer's fourth studio release and feature 12 new songs. It was produced by Marc "Kipper" Eldridge and executive produced by Jaymes Foster. The first single will be the disc's title track, "On My Way Here", which was written by Ryan Tedder of One Republic, Chris Faulk and Hunter Davis.

This past January, Aiken began lead roles on Broadway's "Monty Python's Spamalot", which runs until the 4th of May. He also narrates Season 2 of the syndicated television series, American Idol Rewind.

SOULSHINE

Aiken's On My Way Here will be available in stores on the 6th of May, here is the track listing:

1. "On My Way Here"
2. "Ashes"
3. "Everything I Don't Need"
4. "Something About Us"
5. "Falling"
6. "Where I Draw the Line"
7. "The Real Me"
8. "Weight of the World"
9. "As Long as We're Here"
10. "Sacrificial Love"
11. "Grace of God"
12. "Lover All Alone"

Thanks for the news Marilyn!   Huggles

I learned two new-to-me things from this article

1)  Kipper's real name is Marc Eldridge

2)  Clay is actually only 19 years old!    Laughing
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:22 PM »

NEW YORK (Billboard) - During its six previous seasons, TV juggernaut "American Idol" has launched countless music careers -- but the caveat is maintaining staying power.

Season-two runner-up continues to beat the odds. He is gearing up for the May 6 release of "On My Way Here" (RCA), his first album of original material since his 2003 double-platinum debut, "Measure of a Man."

In between, he released the platinum-certified "Merry Christmas With Love" in 2004, and the gold-certified covers album "A Thousand Different Ways" in 2006.

In May, he'll wrap a five-month Broadway stint in the Tony Award-lauded musical comedy "Spamalot."

THIS IS THE BILLBOARD INTERVIEW!!!

REUTERS.COM

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 07:11:52 AM »

wave everyone!!!

If you haven't entered our NEW CLAYMANIACS CONTEST yet, you still have a week to do so!!!  Check out the details by reading the first two posts HERE  in Clay Daily!!!

Let's have fun guessing how many of those hot CDs will be sold the first week!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx