gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:53:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 447
Total: 447

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 18  (Read 1815 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: April 18, 2008, 02:17:23 AM »

CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS
Monday, April 28, 2008
07:00 - 08:00 PM ET

Multi-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, “Measure of a Man.” This eagerly anticipated new CD, “On My Way Here,” is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He'll win your heart again, as Clay performs select songs from On My Way Here.Release date subject to change without notice.

QVC

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 02:25:42 AM »

Welcome to Sony Music Box! You can use this site to preview all the latest and greatest tones and graphics from Sony BMG artists.

Artist News

Tune in to see Clay Aiken on The Tonight Show (5/2), The View (5/8), Jimmy Kimmel (5/23).

SONYMUSICBOX

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:37:40 AM »

Here is a chance to see Clay recording On My Way Here

AMAZON.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 02:51:32 AM »

Sales update:

Clay sold 300, up from 200; total 525,000.

USATODAYBLOGS

Clay "is" the "News"
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:00:23 AM »

Morning everyone!!!!!!   wave

Thanks for all the news and links, Deanna!!!!!  Isn't that a different date for Kimmel than was reported earlier???  Or maybe I am just confused.....always a distinct possibility.   bigsmile

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »

Here is the Jimmy Kimmel "Upcoming Guests" page - but it only goes to May 2 so far (you can save to Favorites for updates!). May 15 was originally shown for Clay - if that has been changed, I bet that all of the people who have gotten tickets for that date will be upset!

JIMMY KIMMEL UPCOMING GUESTS

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 12:45:49 PM »

I noticed that there was 2 different Kimmel dates. shrug  I wonder which one is correct???

FRI APRIL 18 2008, 7:00AM
CLAY AIKEN SPAMS A LOT

Clay Aiken challenges me to a trivia game he’s reading off the menu when we meet upstairs at Planet Hollywood in Times Square. (Help! I only had a free movie pass from 2005-2007.)

He’s moments away from getting his handprints to celebrate his role in Monty Python’s Spamalot when he admits this is his first time in the eatery.

“I’ve never been before, but is that Spamalot on the TV now? Look at that! It’s very busy. It’s a very excitable place. There’s a lot of memorabilia that I’ve never seen before. I didn’t really know the importance of it, but now that I see everything else they have hanging here, it’s an interesting honor to have my hands put beside some much bigger names than mine.”

The North Carolina native, 29, is in work mode now that he’s wrapping up his run in the Tony-award winning musical May 4. His fourth album, On My Way Here, will be released two days later on May 6. 

Poor Clay. He tells me he hasn’t had any free time to enjoy life in NYC, and he shakes his head “no” when asked about his plans to vacation this summer. (He also squelches a roundup question about Madonna.)

Since Spamalot is the topic du jour, why did this American Idol finalist have to have this role?

“Well, the reason we chose to do this show is because it was so different from any other Broadway show out there,” he tells me. “It’s silly, it’s more about acting than it is about singing, it’s about pushing me out of my comfort zone. That’s what made it exciting.”

How does he compare to his zany character Sir Robin?

“Oh gosh. Hm. Probably in more ways than I care to admit. I’m very timid in a lot of situations. I don’t think I’m quite as dumb as he is, and I’ve never soiled my own pants, but [coughs] I’m timid in some ways but the character of Robin is very cartoonish in general. All of them are.”

Moments after we chat, Clay sticks his hands in wet concrete. With mouth agape, he poses for photos with sticky residue on his hands.

“I’m blind!” he exclaims after flashes pop. “Am I going to fall?” he says, as he stumbles into the Spamalot sign.

Should he tumble, hundreds of Claymates are clamoring to catch him — including one former OK! staffer who stepped out to greet him during her lunch hour.

Clay is grateful for the love of his fans.

“They’ve been very supportive. Some of them have been many times, and still laugh at it every single time.”

Catch Clay in Monty Python’s Spamalot, which takes place at Broadway’s Shubert Theatre now through May 4.

OKMAGAZINE

Clay "is" the "News"
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx