gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:50:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 457
Total: 457

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: On My Way Here Promotion! *Check back often for updates!*  (Read 34281 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2008, 08:44:31 AM »

30-second snippets from On My Way Here up on Amazon

AMAZON
ILClaymate
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2008, 08:45:52 AM »

Send a video Mother's Day card with Clay to mom

CLAYAIKEN.COM
ILClaymate
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2008, 08:50:50 AM »

QVC Promo (clickable)

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2008, 08:58:05 AM »

BILLY BUSH INTERVIEW:

http://www.billybushshow.com/interviews

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
ILClaymate
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2008, 11:53:16 AM »

OMG, you should see what's on My Space.  Click on anyone's (MySpace page) and the advertising at the top is Clay's new cd.   yay

It changed to other advertising but came back to Clay's. 

Check it out at ClayManiacs MySpace ----> http://www.myspace.com/claymaniacsnews
ILClaymate
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »

Kimmel date changed (again!)

Quote from: claysirishlass @ CB
Just talked to someone at the Kimmel show and she confirmed the date was changed to the 16th yesterday. Taping will be at 7pm Friday.
ILClaymate
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »

Clay Aiken Appears On "Access Hollywood" To Promote New Album

Jan Westmark - Celebrity News Service
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - "American Idol" second season runner-up Clay Aiken has had a successful career since leaving the reality singing show. The singer, who is now starring in "Spamalot" on Broadway, says he still isn't used to people wanting to know so much about his personal life.

Aiken, whose new album "On My Way Here" is due out May 6, appears on Friday's "Access Hollywood." Interviewer Billy Bush asked Aiken about the frequent speculation on his sexuality, and Aiken replied by saying, "I think for the most part... people who are living in Omaha or in Charlotte or wherever, they don't want stuff like that pushed in their face."

He said at first he had a tough time dealing with the public interest in his private life. He said, "It can be difficult, especially initially. I think when you get into anything and you're not used to people scrutinizing this that or the other, it bothers you."

Now, he has learned to live with the attention. "After a while, you kind of just say, forget this, this is not who I am, this is not about me," he says. "What I want to do is be a singer, want to be an entertainer, and forget all that stuff."

ALLHEADLINENEWS
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2008, 12:52:23 PM »

It sure seems like Clay is getting way more attention with this album.  It also appears that he's done enough and survived long enough that  people in the entertainment industry and the news media are giving him a bit more respect.  I think being on Broadway was a very wise career move.  Most people know you have to have talent to survive there.  I was excited to find out there's a CD release party less than 20 miles from my house, so I'll be going to that.  Everyone have a great weekend.

Debbie
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »

On My Way Here MusicPass

posted by Trudy @ CB

clayaiken.com

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 05:04:36 PM »

Billboard Article

6 Question with Clay Aiken
by Chuck Taylor

via CH and CV

May 03, 2008

CHUCK TAYLOR

During its six previous seasons, TV juggernaut "American Idol" has launched countless music careers—but the caveat is maintaining staying power. Season-two runner-up Clay Aiken continues to trump the odds. His third RCA album, "On My Way Here," due May 6, follows his 2003 double-platinum debut, "Measure of a Man"; 2004's platinum "Merry Christmas With Love"; and 2006 gold covers album "A Thousand Different Ways." In May, he'll wrap a five-month Broadway stint in the Tony Award-lauded musical comedy "Spamalot."

On the new album, his first of original material since "Measure," Aiken worked with Grammy Award-winning producer Kipper (Sting, Chris Botti). The singer talks about the road ahead and his journey to this point.

You call "On My Way Here" a thematic reflection on life lessons, a sort of road map of your last five years. What do you hope listeners will take from the collection?

When [executive producer] Jaymes Foster and I came across the song "On My Way Here," written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, I really connected to it lyrically. It sums up how the experiences we go through make us who we are. As I'm knocking on the door to 30—and it's knocking hard—this decade has been about figuring out who I am. That set the tone for the album; they're all about things I've learned or universal lessons.

Once we had that road map and knew what we were looking for, the songs started falling in our laps. In the past, I'd sing about dog food and sunshine, as long as it was catchy and had a great melody, so it's the first time I've paid close attention to lyrics. I'm not Alicia Keys or Norah Jones when it comes to artistic lyrics, but I like what these songs are saying—and they're still pretty.

Knowing that we probably weren't going to get radio made the process even easier, so we just made an album that is me—songs written for me or whose meaning I connected with, and songs that I sing well.

"The Real Me" was written by Natalie Grant, who comes from the Christian world but is popular at AC. Her songs tend to explore life's challenges and offer a positive spin.

We first looked at that song as one of four originals on the last album. The thing I love so much about "The Real Me" is that when I listened to it, I thought, "It's about God." Jaymes heard a romantic song. Other people think it's about their mom. Everyone is able to take their own message. Natalie was kind enough to change a little bit of the lyric so that it fits my life even better.

You've managed to achieve success, as you noted, without a lot of radio support. You have 32,000 friends on MySpace. What vehicles are you looking at to help get the word out, particularly in the digital frontier?

The record label surprised me by saying they think this record is radio-friendly. Maybe that came as a result of not trying so hard, but we don't count on it. Look, some people that come from "Idol" are meant for radio—Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry. I think they'd have been successful at some point without the show. I'm a TV star. That's where I came from, so that's where I look to spread the word. I do blog in places and we've got the Web site, but a lot of the digital thing is aimed at teenagers. TV is just as big as digital, and it's always been my best vehicle.

Will you tour again to support the record?

I haven't had two days off since October, so I'm just not going to worry about a tour right now. This time, we're going to let things sit, see how the album does and put it together when and if it's right.

"Spamalot" is pretty silly. Your public persona is not. Why did you choose to make your Broadway debut with this show? And are you funny?

That's pretty much the very reason. We had offers from other shows and I'd looked at doing Broadway for years, but I wanted something totally different. I was drawn to this because it was a way to branch out. And [director] Mike Nichols—who is so talented and another reason I wanted to do "Spamalot"—made it pretty clear to me at the start: "Clay is not funny. The script is funny." So I play it pretty dry and it seems to have worked. I've had a great time and worked with a lot of really talented people, who have become my family in New York.

You probably knew this was coming: Even though you're onstage at night, have you caught any of this season's "American Idol"?

I watched the season with Carrie Underwood, but I haven't seen a lot of the show since. Listen, I am emphatic that I will always be appreciative of "Idol"—it gave me this opportunity, I know that—but I kind of equate it to high school. Just because I went to high school doesn't mean I still go back to watch the team's football games.

Aiken Doing It His 'Way' with new album

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
ILClaymate
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2008, 08:49:57 PM »

From RockOnTv:

Show: Entertainment Tonight
Episode: (#6950) - 2008/05/02
Network: (SYN) Syndicated
Date: Friday - May 2, 2008
Time: 7/6c PM
Duration: 0:30

May 30. Mark your calendars - that's the day the "Sex and the City" movie finally lands in theaters. The rumors have been flying (Does Carrie marry Big? Does a main character die?) ... tonight, ET gets the inside scoop from the ladies of the much anticipated flick! Also: Paula Abdul's got a secret message for a recent "Idol" cast-off ... and ET's in the studio as Clay Aiken lays tracks for his latest album, in stores next Tuesday.
--------------------------

Show: Jimmy Kimmel Live
Episode: 2008/05/16
Network: (ABC) ABC Television
Date: Saturday - May 17, 2008
Time: 12:05/11:05c AM
Duration: 1:00

About: Jimmy Kimmel Live: 2008/05/16
TV/radio host Ryan Seacrest; musician Clay Aiken; musical guest Kate Nash.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2008, 06:48:36 AM »

Lindsay - I checked the 4/26/08 Issue of Billboard yesterday, just to make sure the interview was not in it - and it wasn't. I think you are right - the interview should be in the Issue coming out next weekend. Hopefully, there will be some great (current!) photos, too!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ILClaymate
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2008, 10:42:07 PM »

QVC now has the CD plus the 5CD/DVD bonus up for order online and by phone.

The Bonus disc included LIVE versions of MOAM, Invisible and IWCY along with the new song 'When I Need You' and the unreleased video of TITN.  Here is a screenshot of the website showing the (live*) on the CD.....

(clickable)

ILClaymate
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »

Fanbolt interview about On My Way Here

Interview:

When Clay Aiken and his executive producer Jaymes Foster began the search for songs to record for Aiken's first album of original material since his 2003 chart-topping debut Measure of A Man, they both fell in love with a song written by OneRepublic frontman Ryan "Alias" Tedder called "On My Way Here." The message of the lyrics - how the lessons we learn while growing up shape us into who we become as adults - struck such a deep chord with Aiken that it wound up inspiring the theme (and title) of his new collection.

"I thought if we could find songs along those lines, that deal with my life over the past five years and what I've learned from my experiences, it would be a great concept for an album," Aiken says. "Since I got into this business, I've learned so much about myself and about life and the world. I'm nowhere near an expert, but this album has taken on the form of addressing how far I've come in those five years and how I feel like I've found myself."

As Aiken's millions of devoted fans around the world already know, it's been a whirlwind journey. We had the honor of sitting down with the multi-talented artist to talk about his upcoming album, the future tour, Spamalot, his ever-changing hair, and so much more! He's the most charming star we've interviewed to date. Here's what he had to say:

FANBOLT - Click here to read the whole 4 page interview
ILClaymate
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2008, 12:15:16 PM »

Austin360 interview including actual interview audio

From Clay Aiken’s mouth to your ears
By Gary Dinges | Monday, April 28, 2008, 08:27 AM

Picture this: Clay Aiken, in his jammies, getting a haircut and chatting with little ol’ us on the phone from his Raleigh, N.C., home.

Try not to be too jealous, Claymates.

In our brief conversation we learned more about “On My Way Here,” his upcoming CD — and a variety of other things.

“It’s the first time we’ve done new stuff in five years, so I’m excited,” Clay told us. “It’s stuff that’s mine.”

The album’s not out until May 6, but you can hear the title track, in its entirety, right now on Amazon.com. And, if you’re so inclined, you can scoop it up for half price. Not bad at all.

This CD clearly comes straight from Clay’s heart. Each song has a deeply personal meaning for him, but he’s quick to point out they’ll likely mean something entirely different to his many fans out there. And that’s perfectly fine.

Take “The Real Me,” for instance.

“Sometimes I feel like people know who I am because of what they see on TV or what they’ve heard or what they’ve read or this, that and the other … and it’s not really who I am,” he told us.

See, Clay’s a complex guy.

Anyway, many of you were eager to find out if there will be a tour to accompany the CD’s release. Well, we’ve got some good — and bad — news. You’ll get your tour … but it won’t be any time soon. Following the CD’s debut, and the obligatory media tour, he’s looking forward to taking a breather.

“It’ll be the first time I’ve had some time off — two days in a row off — since October, I think,” Clay said.

He’s anxious to chill this summer at his Raleigh home, but he’s “sure we’ll tour eventually.”

So there.

And what about starring in a movie or TV series someday?

“We try to stay open to every single thing, every opportunity that comes along,” he said.

But …

“I’m not seeking out a movie, no”

There you have it, Claymates. We didn’t get to ask every question you lobbed our way, but we darn sure tried. Hear the entire interview — all 10 or so minutes — by clicking here.

Then let us know what you think. We’ll be waiting.

AUSTIN360

AUSTIN360 MP3 - click here to listen to the entire phone conversation with Clay
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 04:35:57 AM »

confetti2 The single - On My Way Here - is available for purchase at Amazon for $.99! confetti2

On My Way Here Single

~ Lindsay ~

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 05:20:04 AM »

AOL Sessions

May 13 2008 7:00P/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on the AOL Sessions Live

Wes Hutchinson's MySpace page

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
franniek54
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:51 AM »

from weshutchinson.com

May 9 2008 7:00A/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on The Early Morning Show
ILClaymate
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »

Clay Aiken Debuts New Album!

CLAY AIKEN appears on QVC Monday night alongside host JACQUE GONZALES to debut his new album, On My Way Here, eight days before it hits stores. The pop superstar performed a number of songs, including the album's title track.

THEINSIDERONLINE.COM - cute picture of Clay with Jacque on QVC
ILClaymate
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

From Corabeth at CH

FROM RCA MARKETING

The Early Show is NOT booked, he's not sure why Wes has that.

AOL Sessions is not airing on the 13th, possibly taping live that day. 3-4 songs.

They think they sold around 15,000 in 30 minutes last night. They were never sure how many songs they would get in during a half hour so they were happy.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx