gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:47:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 478
Total: 478

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: On My Way Here Promotion! *Check back often for updates!*  (Read 34279 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »

On My Way Here featured on Wal-Mart's Mother's Day gift ideas

WALMART.COM - click on 'Media'
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »

FROM CORABETH AT THE CH:

From RCA Marketing-still on vacation.

The ringtones were supposed to be released simultaneously with the album but Slovenia jumped the gun!

Some bigger TV appearances so far noted below. He said this list does not include the obvious like ET, Insider, etc.

4/28 QVC

5/7 GMA

5/8 The View

5/12 Leno

5/15 Kimmel

5/19 Ferguson

I asked him about Kimmel and not performing and he said "instead of a performance, he's going to do something fun"

So the Kimmel appearance is definitely an album promo date but they have something else up their sleeve.

AND A PRESS RELEASE FROM QVC:

QVC to Offer Specially Packaged Version of Aiken's On My Way Here with Bonus CD/DVD

WEST CHESTER, Pa., April 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Clay Aiken has been capturing the hearts of music fans everywhere since he shot to pop superstardom nearly five years ago. Since then, Aiken has sold more than six million CDs, authored a best-selling biography, performed on Broadway and has left fans "Aiken" for more. The multi-platinum artist will once again be exciting fans when he makes his QVC debut on Monday, April 28 at 7 PM (ET).
Scheduled to appear on QVC's QSessions Live, Aiken is scheduled to perform songs from his much-anticipated new album On My Way Here, giving viewers exclusive insight into the inspiration behind the album. QVC shoppers will also have the opportunity to order On My Way Here, with a bonus CD/DVD created especially for QVC, eight days before its scheduled release.
"We are excited to offer our viewers this specially packaged CD, with a bonus CD/DVD that is only available through QVC," said Rich Yoegel, director of merchandising for QVC. "Fans will love that in addition to being able to order this one-of-a-kind release before street date, they can watch Clay Aiken perform live."
On My Way Here is Aiken's first collection of original material since his 2003 double-platinum, break-out album Measure of a Man. In 2004, the pop star released Merry Christmas with Love, a Christmas CD featuring classic holiday favorites, and two years later he followed up with A Thousand Different Ways, a cover CD featuring his version of Top 40 ballads. Most recently, he's been performing nightly in the Broadway hit Monty Python's Spamalot in New York.
"Starting my career on national, live television, it seems fitting to be unveiling my new album live on QVC," said Aiken. "To be able to connect with QVC's viewers and broadcast my performance to over 93 million households is an amazing opportunity."
Clay Aiken's On My Way Here with Bonus Five Track CD/ DVD will be available through QVC at 800.345.1515 or http://www.qvc.com/ while supplies last.

VERRA, VERRA, NNNNIIIIICCCCCEEEEE.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
ILClaymate
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 02:23:24 PM »

thanks Gwenn!

'Rachael Ray' Lines Up Special Shows and V.I.P. Guests for May Sweep Including Rosie O'Donnell 

Big events and contests are only part of "Rachael Ray's" biggest May
Sweep ever. The show is also welcoming V.I.P. celebrity guests; including,
Barack and Michelle Obama, Regis Philbin, Maria Shriver, Patrick Dempsey,
Valerie Bertinelli, Clay Aiken, Mario Batali, Ty Pennington, Michael Buble,
Gordon Ramsay, "Ugly Betty's" Eric Mabius, Mary J. Blige, Elisabeth
Hasselbeck, Carrie Ann Inaba, the Jonas Brothers' mother and chef Ming
Tsai.
ILClaymate
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 02:26:25 PM »

New MySpace banners are up on Clay's MySpace!

Here are some caps.  The first banner advertises an exclusive poster only available at Kmart while supplies are available.

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »

Clay will be on The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson on May 19

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
franniek54
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 03:27:15 PM »

those pics!   explode  explode  explode  explode
franniek54
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »

from this site:

prnewswire.com

Big events and contests are only part of "Rachael Ray's" biggest May
Sweep ever. The show is also welcoming V.I.P. celebrity guests; including,
Barack and Michelle Obama, Regis Philbin, Maria Shriver, Patrick Dempsey,
Valerie Bertinelli, Clay Aiken, Mario Batali, Ty Pennington, Michael Buble,
Gordon Ramsay, "Ugly Betty's" Eric Mabius, Mary J. Blige, Elisabeth
Hasselbeck, Carrie Ann Inaba, the Jonas Brothers' mother and chef Ming
Tsai.
ILClaymate
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »

On My Way Here and Spamalot promo on AMERICAN IDOL 7 tonight!  

If you missed it or want to see it again CLICK HERE!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 08:09:23 AM »

On My Way Here WENT UP FROM #32 TO #14 ON AMAZON WITHIN HOURS OF THE AI THING.  MAY EVEN BE HIGHER BY NOW.  NOT SURE.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
ILClaymate
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 10:48:35 AM »

On My Way Here played on the radio in CT and discussed/promoted

Quote from: Kimberclay @ CB
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The radio station I listen to, Lite 100.5 WRCH just played On My Way Here. I am in Connecticut and it is a Clear Channel station.

And they announced that he was going to be on QVC today. I have been trying to call the station, but I can't get through, so I emailed to DJ to let him know that its not today, but Monday. They also talked about Spamalot and that the CD was coming out on May 6th.

=================================
the DJ's only had positive things to say.

They also talked about his appearance last night on AI. From there it went into talk about his career, talent, new CD and then the actual playing of the song.

I emailed the DJ on now to annouce about QVC and asked her to play the song again because alot of people didn't hear it since he never gets any radio play and we all listen to his CD in the car instead of the radio.

I will let you all know if I hear from her or hear the annoucement on the radio.
ILClaymate
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »

Kmart CD/Poster/Sales Ad info

Quote from: ImSoNaughty @ CB
I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK AND I SEE THAT EVERYONE IS EXCITED ABOUT THE KMART "EXCLUSIVE FREE POSTER WITH PURCHASE". I WORK FOR THE BIG K. (please no tomatoes, I'm allergic lol) WE RECIEVE OUR ADS TWO WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME AND I'M LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW!!!!! LET ME TELL YA FIRST THING, THE PICTURE ON HIS MYSPACE PAGE ISN'T THE ONE IN THE PAPER AD. THE PAPER AD IS THE (profile pic) AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE POSTER IS JUST A FULLER PICTURE, YOU CAN SEE HIS ARMS MORE. WE HAVEN'T RECIEVED THE POSTERS AS YET, BUT IF THEY ARE IN FACT THE PIC WERE SEEING ON HIS MYSPACE PAGE, I WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I CAN. THE AD ALSO HAS HIM ON THE OPPOSITE PAGE ON ALL THE TV'S THAT ARE ON AD THAT WEEK. THREE DIFFERENT SIZES OF CLAY I WOULD SCAN THE AD FOR YOU SO YOU CAN SEE, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WORK THIS DAG BALSTED PRINTER, BEEN TRYING TO COPY/SCAN, BUT NO LUCK. JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, CAUSE I KNOW ALOT OF YOU HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE DOWNLOAD EXCLUSIVE WITH HIS LAST CD. LET ME TELL YA, I MADE SURE THAT THE HIGHER UPS KNEW ABOUT THE PROBLEM.
ILClaymate
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »

On My Way Here going for radio adds on 4/28/08

RADIOANDRECORDS
ILClaymate
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 11:15:48 AM »

On My Way Here Top Seller on Korean Music site

Posted by BloomingClay @ CB:

Sanga Records is one of the big record(not biggest though) shops in Seoul. Pre-order started at some of websites and look what we've got!

He's #3 in top albums chart(including K-pop and pop music) and On My Way Here displayed in pre-order section.

(clickable)

and he is #1 in pop chart.

(clickable)

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 06:42:34 PM »

Star Magazine Scan

compliments of claikendee @ CV

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 06:45:23 PM »

Oh.My.Gosh 

Amazon Snippets

~longer than the ones floating around

~ Lindsay ~

claydevotee
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 07:10:11 PM »

Thanks for the Star Magazine scan, LINDSEY!  That put a huge smile on my face!  bigsmile
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »

Download the link here, but be sure to also listen from the link Linds posted! On My Way Here Amazon Snippets

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »

WONDERFUL INTERVIEW:

The Birmingham News - al.com

Feet of Clay? Not for Aiken, who's proved to be a malleable singer, Broadway actor

Mary Colurso's Blog and Column

Quote:
Posted by mcolurso April 25, 2008 00:56AM

The conversation starts with a subject that might be considered trivial, but is of great interest to Clay Aiken's fans.

His hair.

These days, he says, being adventurous with his hair is a given.
His newly blond hair, to be exact.

You can see it on the cover of Aiken's next CD, "On My Way Here," and in his most recent publicity photos. The color catches the light and shimmers with golden highlights.

And why not? The singer's geek-to-chic transformation was part of the reason he did so well on the 2003 season of "American Idol," coming in a close second to Birmingham's Ruben Studdard.

Most of the credit should go to Aiken's voice, of course -- the way his clean, clear tenor flowed through pop hits such as "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

Looks and personality do matter, however.

In the five years since he graduated from reality TV, Aiken has developed his balladeer voice through recordings, concerts and TV appearances. At the same time, he has polished his wholesome-yet-trendy style.

So, the hair. Why go from dark to light, and why now?

"Oh, who knows?" Aiken says, laughing.

But when pressed a little, he graciously considers the question and offers a self-deprecating story. Seems that Aiken had decided to grow out his spiky 'do after "Idol," but had gained weight the first time he tried it and thought his face looked huge.

"So, I thought, let's try it again," he says. "Dark hair made me look old, I thought, and I wanted to get young."

Aiken, 29, jokes that he doesn't even remember his original hair color, anyway. Maybe, he says, he's simply trying to cover up the gray.

That's pretty much how it goes throughout an 11-minute interview. Aiken's at ease, in charge, poking fun at himself and not taking the personal stuff too seriously.

He's on the phone to spread the word about his new disc, which comes out May 6 on the RCA label. But in a series of brief chats with reporters, which are lined up like dominoes that morning, Aiken is willing to deviate from the script.

He's wearing a wig in the role of Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot," Aiken says, but that's no big deal. He'll leave the Broadway musical on May 4, just in time to promote his CD, and says it wasn't too difficult to develop a British accent for the show.

Aiken demonstrates that accent for a sentence or two, using a low-key murmur with a humorous edge. He doesn't get manic or "Python" silly -- no squawks of "what?" or shouts of "shrubbery!" -- but perhaps he's saving his voice for that night's curtain.

His time in "Spamalot," Aiken says, has been "phenomenal, without question," and has subtly changed his ideas about performing.

"Did I know how to be on stage? Sure. But this gives you a whole different perspective," he says. "It's just been a different experience for me. I'm sure I'll be slightly sentimental in a couple of weeks, when I have to leave. But I won't cry."

Aiken, after all, is likely to step right into a media blitz for "On My Way Here." It's his first album of freshly minted songs since 2003's "Measure of a Man" -- he released a Christmas CD and a covers disc in the meantime -- and Aiken says he selected its 12 tracks carefully.

They include "Ashes," "The Real Me," "As Long as We're Here," "Everything I Don't Need" and the title song, chosen as the initial single.

"I listened to the lyrics first," Aiken says. "Of course, I was looking for a good melody, not some kind of artsy thing I couldn't sing. But the lyrics had to be great. This time, I was much more aware of them."

For "Measure of a Man," Aiken says, producers tried to "fit a square peg in a round hole." They chose material for a radio niche and asked him to fit his voice and talents to it. That CD went double platinum, but its commercial success didn't bring him real artistic satisfaction.

"If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream," Aiken says. "I did that on my first album, to my detriment."

Songs feel right to him, Aiken says, "when you don't have to think about it, when you don't have to try. It's organic and easy. You don't need to stretch."

He and executive producer Jaymes Foster convinced RCA to accept one simple goal, Aiken says: "To find songs I could do beautifully and do well."

No oldies. No dance tunes. No R&B crossover.

"Let's face it," he says. "I'm not right for something like 'SexyBack.' For Justin Timberlake, OK. For Clay Aiken, no."

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 08:30:30 AM »

I believe there is a video of Clay and Tyra on her website. I think it might be a clip of what they are going to show on TV with that fan winning those Spamalot tickets? I'm not able to view it so I can't bring the direct link if someone else can.

There is also a video with Clay on a Mother's Day e-card you can send out.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 08:41:30 AM »

Just found this article from Access Hollywood.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9248/clay-aiken-talks-keeping-sexuality-private/

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx