gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 251
Total: 251

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: On My Way Here Promotion! *Check back often for updates!*  (Read 34210 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2008, 11:39:55 AM »

Clay on the Today Show 5/9/08

(clickable)

caps by pattilynn

Clay on MSNBC 5/9/08

(clickable)

cap by gerwhisp
ILClaymate
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »

TOWER.COM On My Way Here Review

On My Way Here - Clay Aiken

Under the tutelage of producer Marc ‘Kipper’ Eldridge, Clay Aiken finally breaks out of his shell to deliver his best record to date.

It has been 5 years since Clay Aiken was runner-up to Ruben Studdard in the second season of American Idol. Since being propelled into the spotlight in 2003, Aiken has released 3 full length studio albums, including a Christmas CD, authored a New York Times best-selling book Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life along with Allison Glock, and has recently made his Broadway debut playing the role of Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot in January, 2008.

On My Way Here, released on the RCA label, is the singer’s 4th record and perhaps his most authoritative. The album recounts Aiken’s experiences, positive and negative, over the past 5 years. The title track, “On My Way Here”, was originally written by Ryan Tedder (One Republic) and immediately caught Aiken’s ear. It conveys the infinite trials and tribulations of growing older and depicts new challenges that arise as adults, a theme clearly relevant to Aiken’s recent past.

Catch Clay Aiken on his U.S. summer 2008 tour to promote the new album.

Favorite Songs: “On My Way Here”, “Ashes”, and “Where I Draw the Line”

-Jim, Tower Pulse 05/06/2008

TOWER.COM
ILClaymate
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »

NEW AP Video
Satellite interview stuff from Monday with footage from the CD signing on Tuesday

YOUTUBE
ILClaymate
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2008, 11:44:50 AM »

Yahoo! Video Premieres

5/12
Soldiers Of Misfortune
Filter

5/13
On My Way Here
Clay Aiken

YAHOO MUSIC
ILClaymate
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2008, 11:47:20 AM »

Clay's new album -- track by track
by Ken Barnes, Idol Chatter/USA Today

I got a copy of Clay's On My Way Here earlier this week and thought I'd revive the old track-by-track semi-review method I've used on some past Idol albums.

Most of you won't be jolted to learn that Clay's favored style of music is not mine. Musically, he has a preference for the big soaring, orchestrated pop ballad; lyrically he seems to like songs about overcoming struggles or general inspiration, or songs about the difficulties of finding a perfect relationship, or celebrating it when you do, or resolving trust issues once you're in a relationship. You have to be careful about reading too much into the song choices (they could well be songs he just likes singing), but I can imagine his fans becoming a little concerned about his happiness.

Much of this sort of thing in general can veer into the mawkish or overly sentimental or cliched, and the songs Clay chose to do here are not exempt from those problems.

Yet it's good to see him being able to fulfill his vision through songs tailored for him, as opposed to the cover format dictated on his last album. And there are definitely aspects of the album I liked, including the singing -- Clay has a fine instrument in his voice and deploys it skillfully throughout, so that even when I'm thinking a song is pretty mushy, I also realize it's well-sung mush.

OK, before I dig myself any deeper, the track-by-track look follows.

On My Way Here: Co-written by songwriter-for-hire of the moment Ryan Tedder, of OneRepublic fame. This is the song that set the tone for the album, according to Clay, and its overcoming-obstacles theme clearly resonates with him. Musically, though, it's not the kind of song that will convert non-fans, sounding ballad-generic and on the soppy side.

Ashes: Co-written by prominent Christian singer/songwriter Nichole Nordeman, but not overtly Christian-themed (more one of those ambiguous interpret-as-you-like songs that contemporary Christian pop artists frequently come up with). It's somewhat upbeat, with a polite brand of rock texture infusing it, and I liked it pretty well.

Everything I Don't Need: Co-written by producer Kipper and UK artist Judie Tzuke, whose For You I fondly remember from a while back. A very disillusioned love song, swathed in polite funk. Clay manages to smolder a bit, raising the game of a fairly ordinary song.

Something About Us: Co-written by artist/songwriter Regie Hamm, who's up for the 2008 Idol coronation song finals. Super-romantic, celebrating the kind of relationship everyone wishes he or she could have (and sometimes wishes everyone who has one would shut up about). Musically very slushy, not a favorite.

Falling: This song, another upbeat number, is one of the album's highlights, though lyrically it is far from cheerful, and you hope it's just a song and doesn't reflect Clay's mindset.

Where I Draw the Line: Semi-ballad with a more uptempo chorus, kind of a love-hate relationship theme, enjoyable.

The Real Me: Written by Christian singer/songwriter Natalie Grant, again ambiguously religious (could be about a signficant other, could be about God or Jesus -- certainly significant others in their way). Lots of key words like "charade" (referring to the singer's life) and "frailty." Musically an unremarkable ballad -- but the string arrangement in the bridge is rather exquisite.

Weight of the World: Co-written by Franne Golde, who wrote the hit From a Distance. Another tormented song about desperation and a frantic world "spinning much too fast." Has a bit of tempo and is quite catchy.

As Long as We're Here: Co-written by country singer Rebecca Lynn Howard. A generally happy love ballad but not without a bit of conflict and torment. Musically one of the lesser tracks.

Sacrificial Love: Whew, this one's tormented in a big way. Again, an ordinary ballad is raised up by tastefully arranged strings.

Grace of God: A vaguely faith-based song in which the singer expresses gratitude for not experiencing the disasters that are the lot of much of the world's population. A useful perspective after all the inward-looking anguish of much of the preceding songs.

Lover All Alone: Co-written by prominent producer David Foster and ... Clay. It's an older song, a bonus track from the covers album, and it may well be the best song here, a pretty tune, nicely sung. I remember when it emerged that fans were expressing regret that he couldn't have done a whole album of this sort of thing, and I can understand that sentiment now.

All in all, as I said, the songs are generally not to my taste, but it's carried off well enough that I'd probably give it 2 1/2 stars (out of four). It's the kind of album I don't like but I can respect.

USATODAY BLOGS

ILClaymate
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »

Video of Clay on The Today Show

MSN VIDEO - More Success for Clay Aiken
ILClaymate
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2008, 12:05:01 PM »

Radio Interview - Portland, OR 5/8/08

K103.com
ILClaymate
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2008, 12:06:12 PM »

Backstage with Barry Nolan interview

YOUTUBE
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »

Billboard Single Review

On My Way Here
CLAY AIKEN
Producer(s): Kipper
Genre: AC
Label: RCA

Clay Aiken readily admits that despite massive retail and touring success, radio has never been a particularly tight ally. So he recorded "On My Way Here," his first new album of original material in five years, with an eye on simply finding songs that fit him—and lo and behold, the title track could well be one that AC radio embraces. First, it's co-written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, who has worked with Leona Lewis, Natasha Bedingfield and dozens of other hitmakers. Second, the lyric offers that rare message you actually listen to: "I've seen the best, the worst/I wouldn't change what I've been through/I've touched the sky, hit the wall, but did what I had to/On my way here." Aiken was so moved by this song that it locked in an album theme about growing up and lessons learned. The singer might be accused of excess bravado in the past, but here, he delivers a restrained performance, still ever-emotive. Claymates—who proved tenacity by supporting en masse his just-wrapped Broadway run in "Spamalot"—will be reduced to tears, but even those who have dismissed Aiken in the past will find this "Way" convincing. —Chuck Taylor

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »

Entertainment Weekly Album Review

Since he's spent the past 5 months strutting his stuff on Broadway, it comes as no surprise that the Ex-American Idol crooner's second set of original material comes caked with theatrics. On the title track (penned by Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic) Aiken chews over tough childhood memories as a syrupy string section saws away, while "Falling" finds him both holding on to and attempting to let go of a "never-ending dream". Yet you've gotta hand it to the guy: Nobody does overblown soft rock with more panache. C+

Micael Wood Download this: On My Way here

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2008, 07:09:29 PM »

Clay Aiken at Benihana
~Conversation with Mo Rocca

Mo Rocca 180*

~ Lindsay ~

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2008, 06:37:21 AM »

A World of Music Blog - Album Review

His success on the second season of American Idol shoots him to fame for these past 5 years and his ever-faithful Clay-Mates' prayers are answered at last as Clay Aiken has created another splendid album packed with soothing music.

"On My Way Here" depicts Clay Aiken's usual powerful and touching vocals so there is no surprise there but I have to give credits to the meaningful lyrics.

aNoThEr tAkE @ tHe aLbUm:

Well, besides "On My Way Here", Clay-mates will also be treated to Clay Aiken's wide variety of vocal displays, especially tracks like "Sacrificial Love" and "Something About Us".

"Something About Us" seems to contain...hmm...how to describe it...hmm...an antique feel which most old singers used in the past but Clay Aiken simply gels his vocals well with it.

Other songs that are worth your listening time includes "Falling" (which seems to remind me of one of his hits in the past: "Invisible") and "Ashes" which showcases Clay Aiken's mastery over fast tracks.

cOnClUsIoN:
Clay-mates will surely enjoy this latest pop album by Clay Aiken.
Different styles are used by Clay Aiken here in this album and though there is not much surprises in this album, I guess your mind will instantly relax at the angelic voice of Clay Aiken.

Nonetheless, Clay Aiken should start working on making a breakthrough in his career because there are many great and popular singers like Mariah Carey, Justin Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Madonna, whom Clay Aiken has to compete with in this business and he cannot keep relying on his usual touching singing abilities.

Maybe, he should look into having a 360 degree change in his next album.
That would keep the focus on him.

By the way, his new haircut makes him look more matured.

mr. JiE rates Clay Aiken's "On My Way Here" with ::: 3.5/5!!!

Also includes the GMA video of On My Way Here uploaded at YouTube. And, the reviewer gave Gavin DeGraw's CD 3/5.

A World of Music Blogspot

~ Lindsay ~

CLaYsAiKeNfAN
Claynewbie

August 16th Jukebox tour 2005 at the Toledo Zoo

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2008, 06:49:23 AM »

library clayNot that this has anything to do with the topic, but i can't find clay aiken ringtones for my pay as  you go sprint katana cell phone,  let me know if any one can find some of the on my way here or any of the previous albums.  Smile thanks wave

jukebox tour 2005 / independent tour 2003
 I L O V E C L A Y A I K E N
Proud to be a Claymaniac
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2008, 04:20:23 PM »

Common Sense Media Review
By: Jessica Dawson

In his first album since 2006's A Thousand Different Ways, Clay Aiken has shed the comfort shield of covering other people's songs to bearing his soul and singing his heart out about his own life. All of the 12 tracks on ON MY WAY HERE are originals and even host some heartbreaking lyrics written by Clay himself.

You might wonder how long these American Idol castaways can ride the wave of pseudo-celebrity, but Clay Aiken is proving once again that he isn't planning to go away...yet. On his fourth album since Idol, Aiken sings about what he has learned, loved, and lost since his name became a famous one. He's older, maybe a little more cynical, and wiser -- and it comes through in his voice. "Everything I Don't Need," sounds like a lightweight version of John Mellencamp, with bluesy rock guitar, solid harmonies, tambourine, and hand claps. "Ashes" is upbeat with a modern sound, and "The Real Me" -- a sweet, sad confession about life in the spotlight -- shows Aiken's soft side that he's loved for. Some songs sound a bit Broadway-ish and over produced with Clay's theatrical flare and lilt, but "Claymates" will be happy to have their boy back with a solid follow-up to the chart-topper Measure of a Man.

For more softer sounds, check out Josh Gracin, Josh Groban, or Gavin DeGraw.

She gave it 3 out of 5 stars

Common Sense

~ Lindsay ~

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2008, 06:21:41 PM »

About.com Review of On My Way Here

I <3 Bill Lamb
bigsmile

From Bill Lamb

****/5 stars

This Is Clay Aiken

First, if you are a serious Clay Aiken fan, you will be very pleased with On My Way Here. The production throughout this album is wisely toned down to make plenty of room for Aiken's warm, sweet vocals. The songwriting, while not spectacular, is solid throughout. However, if polished adult contemporary is not your thing, this is a collection to pass by. Clay Aiken is a master of this style, but you won't find him much on most mainstream pop radio stations. It's a wise decision to stop chasing what's out of reach and stick to what he does best.

Music for the Fans
A key element to Clay Aiken's success thus far as a singer is his impressive ability to connect strongly with his core fans. At his best moments, he demonstrates the ability to ignore critics and zero in on what it is his listeners most want to hear. The covers album A Thousand Different Ways, largely dictated by record label interests, veered a bit off that path. However, On My Way Here, filled with lush ballads and a few slightly funky workouts, exploits Aiken's strengths as an engaging vocalist. More than a few songs here are destined to become favorites for his devoted following.

Solid Batch of Songs
The songs here are solid. A number of the songwriters here have strong backgrounds in the Contemporary Christian arena. Other standouts include the work of OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder on the album's title cut "On My Way Here." Sweden's Martin Kaxe and Fred Alexander edge Clay Aiken into pop-rock territory impressively on "Falling." Music industry veterans David Foster and Emanuel Kiriakou collaborate with Aiken on the gorgeous album closer "Lover All Alone."

Top Tracks from On My Way Here

On My Way Here
Falling
Weight of the World
Lover All Alone

Clay Aiken Takes a Firm Hold of His Niche

Success in the mainstream pop arena can be a very enticing bauble for a pop singer to attempt to grab. However, adult contemporary fans and radio are more likely to embrace an artist over the long term with appreciation for a polished voice. Clay Aiken's fellow American Idol alum Kimberley Locke has proven one can build a very solid career at adult contemporary radio with almost no exposure from mainstream pop stations. This is clearly Clay Aiken's comfort zone and from time to time on On My Way Here he soars. This is his niche in the pop music industry.

About.com

~ Lindsay ~

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2008, 07:12:57 AM »

On My Way Here Review in the Orlando Sentinel

Clay Aiken: On My Way Here
Jim Abbott | Sentinel Pop Music Critic
May 16, 2008

With On My Way Here, Clay Aiken's first album of original songs since 2003's Measure of a Man, American Idol's most endearing runner-up continues to develop his own sound.

When you don't have to watch Aiken, or witness the ridiculously over-the-top reactions of his fans, it's easier to be overtaken by his utterly pleasant voice. It's well suited to the relentlessly upbeat messages on these 12 songs.

"My address changed almost every year," Aiken rhapsodizes on the lush, orchestral title track. "I found that standing still can quickly make a lifetime disappear."

Huh?

Oh well, the guy's on a roll. At various points, he's rising from the ashes, holding on to forever (but "stuck in yesterday") and coping with doubts about love, cushioned in a backdrop that makes it all sound grand.

Orlando Sentinel

~ Lindsay ~

ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »

Did I miss something .... I don't think he was ever on Craig Ferguson.  Did I somehow miss it, or a post updating the information????????

Debbie
ILClaymate
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »

Debbie ~ the Ferguson appearance was cancelled.  Here is the information about it.  Unknown at this time if it will be rescheduled as I believe it was pre-taped.

Regarding Clay not appearing on Late Show with Craig Ferguson, here is an explaination from Corabeth's PR rep at RCA:

Ferguson was cancelled when the performance was added to Kimmel. It seems you can appear on competing shows within a short period of time but you cannot perform on the competing shows within a short period of time.

Groban or Buble' did Leno and Letterman within the same window but I think it was at least 3 weeks apart so that may give an indication of the gentlemen's agreement/protocol.
babyclay25
Claynewbie

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2008, 09:53:32 AM »

Go Clay with Smapalot.  Purple Banana

Is Mommy and Parker going to come.     lmao

Good luck

Biggest Deaf Clay Aiken Fan
babyclay25
Claynewbie

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2008, 10:38:19 PM »

claytime Spamalot

GO CLAY

Your Fans can't wait to see you again on Broadway.

Good luck

bigsmile

Biggest Deaf Clay Aiken Fan
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx