gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ship Shape Sales--Charting The Waters III  (Read 48082 times)
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 07:33:16 AM »

AMAZON RANKING: 5-12-08

1. On My Way Here: #7 Overall Sales

2. On My Way Here: #3 Vocal Pop

3. On MY Way Here: #3 Adult Contemporary

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »

I can't seem to find the sales figures for the week.  Have they come out yet?  If so, where are they posted?

Debbie
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 04:30:47 AM »

I can't seem to find the sales figures for the week.  Have they come out yet?  If so, where are they posted?

The first week's sales figures for ON MY WAY HERE will be revealed this Thursday when Billboard posts their updated music charts. Today at 11:59pm, just before midnight, marks the official first week in stores and the sales for this first week no doubt will be sent to Billboard. I'm sure there are other web-sites that will issue the first week's sales before the official Billboard Top 200 is published on-line but i'll wait until the Billboard Top 200 puts out their chart for this week. Clay's CD as we all know hit last Tuesday and so this week's chart should have Clay's ON MY WAY HERE on it. In earlier posts it was speculated that Clay's CD sold anywhere between 80 to 85,000 copies which is a figure rounded to the nearest thousand i assume. I would be surprised if he opens up with just 85,000+

I'll say he opens up in the mid 100,000 range...and continues to sell...but it'll be a tough road along the way without a major tour and this CD hitting right when touring season is getting underway for so many artists will no doubt hurt the sales in the long run. The high profile TV appearances will no doubt help, though...but a continuing tour through summer and into the fall would've helped even more i think.

AMAZON RANKING: 5-13-08
1. On My Way Here: #10 Overall sales

2. On My Way Here: #4 Vocal Pop

3. On My Way Here: #4 Adult Contemporary

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 08:40:12 AM »

THE PRELIMINARY HDD NUMBERS HAVE COME OUT.  ABOUT 65% REPORTED AND THE NUMBERS AREN'T GREAT.  I DON'T THINK QVC, I-TUNES, OR AMAZON REPORTED YET.  HOPE IS THAT HE WILL REACH 100,000 BUT HE ISN'T PREDICTED TO GET THAT HIGH.  NO ONE IS THAT HIGH RIGHT NOW.  FINGERS CROSSED.  I WANT HIM TO RETAIN HIS RECORD.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »

THE PRELIMINARY HDD NUMBERS HAVE COME OUT.  ABOUT 65% REPORTED AND THE NUMBERS AREN'T GREAT.  I DON'T THINK QVC, I-TUNES, OR AMAZON REPORTED YET.  HOPE IS THAT HE WILL REACH 100,000 BUT HE ISN'T PREDICTED TO GET THAT HIGH.  NO ONE IS THAT HIGH RIGHT NOW.  FINGERS CROSSED.  I WANT HIM TO RETAIN HIS RECORD.

GWENN

Which record are you referring to?  I can't believe that his sales are this low.     Here's hoping that at least he might maintain longevity at the top of the charts for once instead of striking early but falling fast.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
ILClaymate
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »

Which record are you referring to?  I can't believe that his sales are this low.     Here's hoping that at least he might maintain longevity at the top of the charts for once instead of striking early but falling fast.

The record is ranking in the top 5 for all his album debuts.  ALL sales are low, not just Clay's.  Its just the way CD sales are now as opposed to the way it was back in 2006 for ATDW.  We are in a transition period now between hard copy CD's and digital downloads.  We just have to adjust our thinking according and realize that he is still ranking as high as the competitors.  Don't look at the total number....just the ranking.  He also had some very big names to compete against last week some of who made an AI appearance or have singles on the radio which are both a bit tougher to compete against.  He'll be fine regardless and we'll still be here to support him. 
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »

Clay is doing great!!  Final numbers are 92,887!!! 
Those are excellent first day numbers!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »

CHART DATE: 05/12/2008
LAST UPDATE: 05/13/2008 12:37:47
NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
-- 1 NEIL DIAMOND COLUMBIA 140,004 --
HOME BEFORE DARK
-- 2 TOBY KEITH UME/SHOW DOG 100,527 --
35 BIGGEST HITS
-- 3 CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 92,887 --
ON MY WAY HERE

2 4 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 88,498 +2%
E=MC2
1 5 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 82,830 -71%
HARD CANDY
3 6 LEONA LEWIS J RECORDS/RMG 75,612 -8%
SPIRIT
-- 7 GAVIN DEGRAW J RECORDS/RMG 70,094 --
GAVIN DEGRAW
-- 8 JOSH GROBAN REPRISE 47,240 --
AWAKE LIVE
-- 9 DIERKS BENTLEY CAPITOL NASHVILLE 43,010 --
GREATEST HITS 2003-2006
-- 10 LUIS MIGUEL WARNER MUSIC LATINA 33,889 --

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »

Those are very respectable numbers! Third isn't so bad considering the competition. 

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 01:18:45 PM »

Whoo hoo!!! I think that's wonderful. Go Clay!!!!

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »

Wow, he only did less than 8,000 fewer albums than Toby Keith!!  If I'm looking correctly, it's Toby's first week too.  That certainly isn't bad.  I still wish he'd get more air play so that he could win over new listeners.

Debbie
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »

From the CB

"....and the number shall be THREE...not four and not two except if followed by THREE..."

lmao lmao lmao

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »

From the CB

"....and the number shall be THREE...not four and not two except if followed by THREE..."

lmao lmao lmao

BWAH! That is pretty funny!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »

I think Clay did just GREAT!!

Hits Daily Double had predicited 80,000 to 85,000 CDs sold for Clay, so I am thrilled to see him surpassing those expectations!!  Clapping Clapping

Seven Debuts in Top 10 Include Neil, Keith, Aiken, DeGraw, Groban, Bentley, Miguel

May 13, 2008

Neil Diamond set another record in a career full of them.

The superstar’s Rick Rubin-produced Home Before Dark is his first album to ever debut at #1, which it does this week with 140k in sales, many of them no doubt to mothers who grew up singing “Sweet Caroline.”

Kudos to Columbia’s team of Steve Barnett and Rubin for executing the feat after being teamed by Sony Music chief Rob Stringer in a bold move last year.

UMe/Show Dog’s Toby Keith bows at #2 with 35 Biggest Hits, one of seven newcomers to the Top 10, one ahead of RCA/RMG’s Clay Aiken, whose On My Way Here sports a #3 debut.
HITSDAILYDOUBLE

BUILDING ALBUMS SALES CHART

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
-- 1 NEIL DIAMOND COLUMBIA 140,004 --
HOME BEFORE DARK
-- 2 TOBY KEITH UME/SHOW DOG 100,527 --
35 BIGGEST HITS
-- 3 CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 92,887 --
ON MY WAY HERE

HDD

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »

Here is some info on "the record" spoken of earlier on this thread:

Debuting at #2 on the Billboard chart, A Thousand Different Ways made Aiken the fourth artist ever to have his first three albums debut in the Top 5

WIKIPEDIA.ORG/CLAYAIKEN

Make that his first four albums, thank-you very much!! Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
claydevotee
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 02:30:37 PM »

WOOHOO!!!  That has put a huge   bigsmile  on my face!!!!  Thanks, DEANNA, for sharing your research!!!!   Huggles

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 03:40:07 PM »

Thea, you're welcome!!  bigsmile

Let's just hope that this CD keeps selling.  Fingers Crossed

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS FINAL NUMBER ALSO INCLUDES DOWNLOADS FROM ITUNES AS WELL?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ANSWER

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS FINAL NUMBER ALSO INCLUDES DOWNLOADS FROM ITUNES AS WELL?

Angela,
My understanding is that iTunes count for sales of the CD if the whole CD is downloaded.

Clay "is" the "News"
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 04:27:19 PM »

confetti2 Congrats Clay!! confetti2

A little perspective = bigsmile I think those numbers are spectacular! Clapping

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx