gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:31:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 403
Total: 403

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 28  (Read 1834 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: March 28, 2008, 04:10:47 AM »

With the upcoming album On My Way Here, due in stores May 6, 2008, Clay Aiken fans will get what they've been looking for a long time, an album of original material. His last album, A Thousand Different Ways, disappointed many fans due to the fact it was loaded with covers of popular love songs. The albums sales were lackluster, and, with the assistance of producer Mark "Kipper" Eldridge, Aiken has decided to head in a different direction this time out.

On his official web site, Clay Aiken discusses how a song from OneRepublic's leader Ryan Tedder set the tone for his new album. The song deals with the shaping of our adult lives by lessons we learn growing up. "“I thought if we could find songs along those lines, that deal with my life over the past five years and what I’ve learned from my experiences, it would be a great concept for an album." Check out the link below at AOL Music where Clay discusses working with his producer.

Clay Aiken album webisode

TOP40.ABOUT

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 04:12:39 AM »

Clay Aiken to Release New Album
25-Mar-2008
Written by: Janet Onyenucheya

“ American Idol” runner-up Clay Aiken, to release his  second original studio album, “On My Way Here.”

Reuters reports that after starring in Broadway hit Spamalot, American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken, will return with his first original studio album since his 2003 debut, Measure of a Man.

Aiken’s album -- featuring all new material -- is scheduled for release on May 6 via 19 Recordings/RCA. According to reports, On My Way Here will be produced by Kipper, a U.K. producer best known for his work on Sting's Brand New Day album.

Aiken stated: On My Way Here will include "stuff that I'd imagine 90 percent of people have not heard."

"We've captured some really great moments," producer Kipper told WRAL-TV. "I'm very optimistic we're going to have a record where people will go, 'Is that Clay? Is that Clay Aiken?'"

Aiken is also expected to tour the United States in support of the album beginning in July.

CELEBRITYCAFE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:22:34 AM »

Bestsellers in Music

The most popular items in Vocal Pop.

5.   On My Way Here
~ Clay Aiken (Artist)

Release Date: May 6, 2008
Available for Pre-order

AMAZON.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 04:26:59 AM »

American Idol sales:

Clay sold 200, down from 300, totaling 524,000

USATODAYBLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:33:55 AM »

'EMPTY' ON 'RUNNING': Add another former "American Idol" finalist to the list of contestants who have made it to the Billboard charts. Sixth season competitor Chris Sligh sails onto the Christian Adult Contemporary chart at No. 29 with "Empty Me" (Brash), the first single from his forthcoming album "Running Back to You." (snip)

Sligh is the fifth "Idol" to appear on the Christian AC tally. The first was Clay Aiken, whose Christmas song "Mary, Do You Know" peaked at No. 32 in January 2005.

BILLBOARDCHARTBEAT

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 04:43:04 AM »

Clay Aiken Will Release New Album

Now that Clay Aiken will be wrapping up his run on Broadway in Spamalot, the American Idol runner up will release his first album of original material since 2003.

The album titled On My Way Here will see the light of day on May 6 (19 Recordings/RCA) with a tentative lead single called "Ashes." A tour should follow this summer in July.

His debut album Measure of a Man deubted at number 1 in 2003.  He has also released a holiday album Merry Christmas with Love and a covers album A Thousand Different Ways.

OKMAGAZINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 04:50:58 AM »

Search Term    Last WK     #WKS

6 Clay Aiken        3              433
New CD Release in May 

LYCOS50