gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:43:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 23 :: This is NOT a Debut for Cowards  (Read 204409 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1960 on: May 11, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »

Another birthday. Paranoid
Just rackin' 'em up, huh, Meesa? Wink

Yep. I'm catching up with Clay.  ROFLMAO

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1961 on: May 11, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »

Great montage. Thanks for bringing that over, Gwenn!

I'm not one to gush over how wonderful Clay is. But, watching those clips, I can't help but see that his talent was so much bigger than that stage.

And, it struck me as funny that, even back in AI, he was known as the guy who did sslllooooooooooooooooowww songs. Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1962 on: May 11, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »

THIS IS A PIC FROM THE CARRIAGE RIDE WON BY KATY4CLAY AT THE GOLFING FOR INCLUSION.  RESIZED BY TONI7BABE.  THEY HAD LUNCH AT TAVERN ON THE GREEN. (THAT IS FOR MARION.)  BETWEEN SHOWS ON MAY 3.  I AM HOPING SHE POSTS A RECAP.  I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT.  FOR MANY REASONS.

GWENN

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...be/IMG_0169.jpg

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
franniek54
« Reply #1963 on: May 11, 2008, 03:41:30 PM »

That link is not working for me, but I sure would like to see it.

Would like to DO it even more, but I'll have to just hope for a recap.
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1964 on: May 11, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »

Here you go, Fran:

Clay on Carriage Ride

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
LOVE CLAY
Claymation

« Reply #1965 on: May 11, 2008, 04:14:31 PM »

Hi franniek54 wave
I sure do like your avie Thud!

Rosemary
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1966 on: May 11, 2008, 04:16:17 PM »

JUST LISTENED TO THE WHOLE CD OVER AGAIN.  I LOVE IT ALL.  BUT, WITHOUT A DOUBT, I THINK, Lover All Alone IS THE BEST SONG ON THE CD.  CLAY IS SO WRONG WHEN HE SAYS HE WILL LEAVE THE WRITING TO THE PROS.  HE IS BETTER THAN THEY ARE. 

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1967 on: May 11, 2008, 04:38:07 PM »

WELL I DID NOT KNOW BECCA SNORKLED. ROFLMAO :roflmaoTHE THINGS ONE LEARNS WHEN KIDS ACTUALLY TALK TO YOU. Huggles

CLAY HAS A KINDA OF DRY WIT  AND HAS A BIG MOUTH AT TIMES I CAN SEE WHERE HE WOULD PISS PEOPLE OFF BUT THAT VOICE NONE LIKE IT .I HAVE HEARD IN MANY MOONS. CAN'T REALLY SEE HIM IN A CLASSROOM ANYMORE HE HAS SO MUCH TALENT,NOT SURE BUT HOPING HE WILL NOT GO ANYPLACE ANYTIME SOON, CAUSE IT WOULD BREAK MY HEART.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1968 on: May 11, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »

CLAY HAS A KINDA OF DRY WIT  AND HAS A BIG MOUTH AT TIMES I CAN SEE WHERE HE WOULD PISS PEOPLE OFF BUT THAT VOICE NONE LIKE IT
I'm not buying into the whole "he ticked off the wrong people" thing. First, I doubt that Clay's situation is much different from a lot of other singers or actors out there. I think we're giving him more influence than he has. He's "big" to us, so we may elevate his status in the entertainment business.

Second, those in charge see money-making potential when they look at a talent like Clay. They don't care if he says something off-putting. This is big business; they have thicker skins than that.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
IChris1
SuperFan

« Reply #1969 on: May 11, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »

Keep the faith everybody.  A talent like Clay’s doesn’t disappear unless he wants it to.  And even at that, if Clay wants to no longer be a public figure I could understand that.  And he has given me a hell of a ride, and music that I will have forever, and friends that I will have forever, so how can I complain, as long as he’s happy.   
Frannie, I totally agree with you and as long as Clay's happy, so am I. 

Now my heart is dancing through each day, my soul is running free, look what love has done to me.
Proud member of the East Coast Posse
Clay's English Princess
franniek54
« Reply #1970 on: May 11, 2008, 08:11:13 PM »

CLAY HAS A KINDA OF DRY WIT  AND HAS A BIG MOUTH AT TIMES I CAN SEE WHERE HE WOULD PISS PEOPLE OFF BUT THAT VOICE NONE LIKE IT
I'm not buying into the whole "he ticked off the wrong people" thing. First, I doubt that Clay's situation is much different from a lot of other singers or actors out there. He's "big" to us, so we may elevate his status in the entertainment business.

Second, those in charge see money-making potential when they look at a talent like Clay. They don't care if he says something off-putting. This is big business; they have thicker skins than that.

When I say he has "rubbed some people the wrong way" I'm just referring to the general public.  Maybe they can't look past the silly controversies that always seem to make it onto ET or Access Hollywood, maybe they can't forget about swampthing and nonameblogger stuff, maybe they don't like him dissing AI, maybe they just think he is too silly or don't understand things like the Kimmel horse and the DWTS mustache skit.  They don't look past those things because that's all they know about Clay unfortunately.  I don't know specifically why they don't like him and I don't think they know either, but they don't. 

I say this because I have talked to people from time to time that say this when the subject comes up.  For example my stylist--"oh, I don't like him."  As if to say "How could you even consider it!"  No reason--but it's a given--it's not cool to like Clay Aiken.  shrug  She is into Gwen Stefani.  It's not OK to smear Gwen Stefani, but when it comes to Clay Aiken all bets are off.  It's a shame but we've all had to deal with this, and you all know what I mean.  I don't bring up the subject, but sometimes others do.  I don't defend him or even discuss it, just answer any questions in a very succinct and detached way.  Not gonna let them get me riled.

Lindsay ~ Thanks for the link.  Not sure what he's thinkin there, but I'd sure like to hear Katy4clay's description of the hair.  It looks really soft.  And the sideburns   Thud!

Hi Rosemary   wave  Thanks for noticing.

Hey Irene!    Let's be happy together!
clay_enthusiast
Clayamateur

« Reply #1971 on: May 11, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »

Interesting reading here the last few pages, I agree with Marilyn"s points that everyone even a star should be able to have a private life.  But it is hard when the press, mostly tabloids, and poparrazi  chase you around and create stories about you.  That is why some stars have left U.S. for Europe as a home base and to raise a family in somewhat more normal circumstances. 

Clay proved with his successful run on Spamalot that he is indeed not just singer.  He is multi-talented and funny , naturally so as we have seen at concerts.  He may not become wildly popular because of bias against him , mostly manufactured nonsense or just jealousy.  But no doubt he will have some kind of career in the entertainment fields if he wants to continue.  I WOULD SAY HE DOES, HE HAD A GREAT TIME ON BROADWAY AND LOVES TO SING AS HE HAS SAID SO MANY TIMES.  NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THAT ,  BUT STILL THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT HEARD OF HIM JUST BECAUSE THEY DO NOT SEE THE SHOWS HE APPEARS ON AND NEVER WATCHED AI.   I TOO WISH HE WOULD GO ON AI,  BUT I THINK AFTER 2006 WHEN HE STOLE THE SHOW HE PROBABLY WILL NOT BE ASKED BACK.  REMEMBER THE BUZZ THAT WEEK,  THE PTB HAD HIM ON BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW HE WAS GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DIFFERENT NEW HOT CLAY.  HE OUTSMARTED THEM AT THERE OWN GAME AND I THINK THAT STILL BURNS THEM.  AND TOO BAD ATDW WAS NOT RELEASED THAT WEEK OR SO LATER WITH ALL THAT BUZZ.  ANYWAY THE NEW CD IS GREAT, I LOVE THE VARIETY OF SONGS BUT REALLY WHEN YOU ARE ALL DONE LISTENING TO THEM THE CD WITHOUT BONUS TRACKS,     LOVER ALL ALONE IS SUPERIOR WRITING, NO COMMON TERMS, CLICHES ETC, JUST FROM THE GUT, RAW LYRICS NOT OVERPRODUCED.   

nEXT CD I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR CLAY DO SONGS WITH A MORE ACOUSTIC FEEL,  JUST A FEW INSTUMENTS NOT ORCHESTRA BACKGROUNDS JUST A LET THE VOICE SHINE CD WITH A SMALL BAND LIKE WHEN HE TOURED WITH JBT.  SIMPLER SOUNDS , GUITARS, PIANO,KEYBOARDS, DRUMS .  anyone ?????
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1972 on: May 11, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »

Hi ya...  wave

Just a couple of quick comments before I head to bed...

Marilyn...sending you positive energy...and always the Clay love...hope it all pans out...

Those of you in tornado country...sending you my prayers...

My thoughts are 'gestating' regarding the CD...  Wink I'll be commenting soon...I plan to write a review for Amazon too...

Meanwhile...today's remark from my brother...who is a musician...had a band and all at one time...currently lives in the Bay area... he had compared...he thought favorably Clay to Johnnie Mathis...(I told him oh Clay's so much better than him...  Smile)...anyway my brother loves anyone willing to stand against conformity...we have that in common...  Laughing ... he brought up on his own, Clay's interview with the SF Chronicle is it...he loved Clay's responses... of course Mike agrees that Clay can really sing...so all's good...

I can't get over how darling Clay is in that meal interview...what fun he is just being informal... I want him to come to my place for dinner in the worst way!...I'm going to watch it one more time after I post this...

Clay's destiny is shining ever so brightly...and I do believe he has launched himself to the next phase...Broadway theater pros not only have class..they are well trained and recognize real artistic gifts...and so do we!   Clapping 

I do love him through and through...and I love, LOVE, L O V E this CD...so far I've downloaded the iTunes, await my QVC, Walmart and Amazon orders...and just placed the DVD order with Broadway Beat... just savoring all things Clay!

ETA:  franniek54   asked about my Broadway Beat order...for all of you...as an FYI...it is the DVD of Clay and Hannah singing The Prayer...here's the link to the site:

http://www.broadwaybeat.com/orderforms.htm

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1973 on: May 12, 2008, 08:47:42 AM »

wave wave wave

JUST A DRIVE BY.  I AM STAYING OFF THE BOARDS TODAY UNTIL LATER.  THE STRESSING HAS STARTED ABOUT SALES AND I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO THAT.  SALES ARE WHAT THEY ARE.  BUT I KNOW HOW I CAN GET SUCKED IN SO, HI AND LATER ALL.  OFF TO VISIT A FRIEND WHO HAD THE SAME SURGERY AS BARRY.  SHE NEEDS COMPANY.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1974 on: May 12, 2008, 10:14:07 AM »

You are absolutely right!  The sales are what they are.  There's nothing more we can do now.  You're wise to stay off the boards if you feel you'll get sucked in the angst and stress.  I'm not worried.  I believe he'll hit 100,000 or damn close.  And he will definitely be in the top 5 once again.  That's something to be proud of in today's market. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1975 on: May 12, 2008, 12:20:17 PM »

Marilyn,
               I"m a little late but I read your post and have to say, I totally agree with you
    about Clay.   I have heard him set the record sraight three times so what do people
    want,a written affidavit????
                Much as  I love to see him in concerts I think his choosing to do Spamalot was
     a very smart move on his part. Broadway respects talent not tabloids. Maybe thats his
     niche!!!He is a man now and very smart, he needs to be with savvy intelligent people,
     i THINK HE IS GETTING THERE.
                Must add his new album is fantastic.His true fans will never leave him, will we?

Betty
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1976 on: May 12, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »

Thank God I found Claymaniacs all those years ago. If I had to endure a site where everybody was having a fit over numbers and fighting over the Cd, I would have to hit somebody!  lmao I just posted a CD review in the Magazine Thread (Entertainment Weekly doesn't like it very much by the way - WHO CARES!!!!!) I was just looking at the BillBoard Top 20 Chart. Tim McGraw's Greatest Hits Cd sold 37,000 its first week - and he is #10 on Billboard. If Clay sells 100,000 this first week, he will be fine!!!!!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1977 on: May 12, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

From Variety:

Howard heats up Broadway's 'Roof'
Actor's return bumps box office sales

On the other hand, the departure of American Idol alum Clay Aiken from "Monty Python's Spamalot" ($519,454) caused sales for the tuner to plummet by more than $300,000, the steepest slide of the sesh.

Rialto cume fell around $400,000 to about $18.8 million for 36 shows reporting, or $19.6 million including sales estimates of $883,000 for "Young Frankenstein."

Benefiting from its recent strong reviews, "Boeing-Boeing" ($327,771) boinged up more than $100,000, as did the revival of "Gypsy" ($854,278).

Among the season's new tuners, "In the Heights" ($526,333) got a little higher, as did "Cry-Baby" ($266,232) and "Passing Strange" ($205,943).

Meanwhile, "Mary Poppins" ($765,618), "The Phantom of the Opera" ($761,251) and "Legally Blonde" ($463,246) were among the shows to experience downturns.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1978 on: May 12, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »

On the other hand, the departure of American Idol alum Clay Aiken from "Monty Python's Spamalot" ($519,454) caused sales for the tuner to plummet by more than $300,000, the steepest slide of the sesh.
Yowza. That's some drop.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1979 on: May 12, 2008, 05:57:01 PM »

Yowza. That's some drop.

THIS IS SOOOOOO WONDERFUL TO HEAR.  THE POWER OF THE AIKEN.  AND I LOVE THAT IT IS BROADWAY.

HEARD FROM LORRIE WHO WAS AT THE LENO TAPING.  HE LOOKED WONDERFUL AND SANG.  SOUNDED GOOD.  I AM EXCITED.

NOT THINKING NUMBERS RIGHT NOW. 

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx