gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 377
Total: 377

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 29  (Read 1746 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: February 29, 2008, 04:42:11 AM »

Aiken Reveals Backstage Secrets of 'Spamalot'
Posted: Feb. 28 7:56 a.m. Updated: Feb. 28 11:43 a.m.

NEW YORK — From singer to actor, Raleigh native Clay Aiken is taking a spin on Broadway in "Monty Python's Spamalot.” He plays several roles, but mainly Sir Robin.

Backstage at the Shubert Theatre recently, Aiken walked by the Wall of Fame.

“I have not made my way on here yet. Apparently, I’m not quite there,” he said.

Aiken might not be there yet, but another Raleigh native is.

“Lauren Kennedy of the Kennedys of the Kennedy Theatre downtown. She was the Second Lady of the Lake in Spamalot,” he said.

Aiken goes through several costume changes during the play, but he keeps ripping one in particular.

“Literally, they’ve had to modify things to make it work for me, because they’ve never had someone dance quite as well as me,” he joked.

So, where is the rip?

“Right in the crotch, as a matter of fact,” he said.

Wigs are another part of his costume. He wears three, and they’re all made out of real hair.

“Look! Even my wig is going gray from all the stress. Look! Do you see that?” he laughed.

Aiken’s dressing room is “sooo spacious,” he joked.

Besides the wigs, costumes and dressing room, Aiken says theater is tough work.

“I’ve dropped a line here or there, and it’s always, you know, quite interesting when it just gets silent on stage. And I think to myself, ‘Is someone supposed to be talking? Oh! It’s me! I’m supposed to say my thing,’” he said.

Clay's big solo comes in the second half. Sometimes it's hard to breathe, he said.

“Whenever the male ensemble starts singing, I stop singing, because I have to breathe. And I can’t breathe if I keep singing, so I’m just mouthing it. The secret’s revealed,” he laughed.

One of Aiken’s fans said she has seen “Spamalot” 17 times.

“(It’s the) funniest show on Earth, and Clay is fantastic,” said Evelyn Clasicas.

“He’s funny,” said Lindsay Reiss. “I thought this role was perfect for him.”

The role was modified a bit for Aiken, with a reference to the launch of his career. He took a shortcut to Broadway and said he was initially worried about how the other actors would treat him.

“Everybody’s been really great. And not one person, and I’d tell you if there (were), I’d tell you their first, last name and address. And nobody has been anything less than wonderful,” he said.
WRAL.COM

*be sure to watch the video* 

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:58:58 AM »

American Idol: Why it’s No Good to Be Too Good

The best don’t always win. It’s just that simple. I mean - c’mon - Taylor Hicks? Really, was he the best singer? And Chris Daughtry - if he can’t win the show, you might as well throw the radio out the window. Jennifer Hudson got booted, then went on to sing her heart out in an Oscar-winning Dreamgirls performance. Last year’s winner Jordin Sparks had dismal first week record sales (the lowest in Idol history), though she beat out twenty-three other fantastic singers just to seal the deal. Listen, Clay Aiken didn’t even win his season - remember? The best don’t always win.

TELEVISION.GEARLIVE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »

Look how far this story has reached:

Clay Aiken deftly handles supremely silly in `Monty Python's Spamalot'

Let's clear things up right away: Clay Aiken can handle supremely silly.

That is not an inconsiderable talent when you are appearing in something as daffy as "Monty Python's Spamalot," the madcap medieval musical that has just added the "American Idol" alum to its cast.

We knew Aikencould sing. "Idol," television's favorite trial-by-fire, proved that. So it was only natural that Broadway, eager for new faces that might sell tickets, would call _ just as it did for Fantasia, Frenchie Davis, Constantine Maroulis and others

SIDNEYMORNINGHERALD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:05:35 AM »

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation hosts “Dancing Like the Stars” at the Southern Women’s Show

The Foundation is excited to announce that they will host “Dancing Like the Stars” at the Southern Women’s Show on April 27, 2008 at 1:00pm. Local celebrities will compete in a dance competition to benefit the Foundation’s inclusive initiatives.

Local celebrities participating include WRAL-TV 5 anchor Lynda Loveland, K97.5 DJ Brian Dawson, 2007 Miss North Carolina Jessica Jacobs, Elvis impersonator Keith Henderson, and WRAL’s former “Traffic Guy” Mark Roberts. These local celebrities will be dancing with dance professionals from A Step to Gold International Ballroom, and the winner of the competition will be determined by donations to The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, votes from the audience, and votes from the judges. Event sponsor, Turning Technologies will provide on-site voting capability.

The Southern Women’s Show and the Foundation are excited to announce that Joey Fatone from N’Sync and “Dancing with the Stars” will be the featured celebrity at the show this year and the promotion of this contest nicely compliments Joey’s appearance at the show.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation will post sneak previews of all the dancers so that people can vote and donate online. Voting will begin on Thursday, March 27. Donations will also be accepted at the event in exchange for voting devices. The contestants are eager to bring in the most votes in hopes of generous support for inclusive programs for children with disabilities.
TBAF

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 05:11:23 AM »

Sales update:

Clay stayed at 200, for a total of 523,000.

USATODAYBLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 05:57:04 AM »

Here's a chance to watch Clay dance:

YOUTUBE

Sir Robin wave Happy Leap Year Day everyone!!!Sir Robin sings

Clay "is" the "News"