gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Motor City Red Thong Mafia #33 :: Home Of The DIESELS (Rated R)  (Read 234157 times)
claydevotee
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »

Hi ladies,

Just a quick post.  I have to get preparations for our trip in high gear, as we are leaving Friday very early in the morning.  I got out all of my summer capris, and thankfully they all still fit.   Clapping  I was worried because I haven't been able to get off the extra 5 lbs. I gained over Christmas.

CAROLYN, such an eloquent, heartfelt prayer.  Thank you, and "Amen".  Huggles

They couldn't believe that we were just Clay fans and yet we've met each other and become a loving caring family.

EVELYN, it's amazing and oh so wonderful, isn't it?  I continue to believe that we weren't thrown together "by accident".  It was part of God's greater plan, IMHO, that we would find each other so that we could support one another through the rough times and rejoice with one another during the good times.  kum-bi-ya  Huggles

KAREN,  wave   Huggles Huggles It seems our paths haven't crossed much lately.  How have you been?  Isn't it just "wonderful"  Paranoid how the kids get a holiday to "honor" our former President's and to drive their mothers  in the process?

KIM,  Nener nener! back atcha!  Laughing  Huggles

I'm off today too, but the kids got a bonus day off because of the ice 

ANN, I know you love your kiddies, but..............just one day alone in the house would have been nice, eh?   

CHRISIE, hey spunky, beautiful and buff lady!  It's always good to hear from you!   Huggles

HI/HUGS  Huggles Huggles Huggles to SHIRLEY, SHARON, MEESA, PEGGY, ANITA, MARY, MARILYN, BRENDA, JEANNE and every body I may have inadvertantly missed.  BARBARA, hope you're having a fabulous time in FL!!!!

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2008, 01:24:08 PM »

Just a quick stop by to say  wave to everyone!!  Have been gone most of the day and am now fixing a fast supper.  Tonight it is just cheeseburgers with a nice slice of sweet onion, pickles, tomato and lettuce on a toasted bun with some steak fries.  Hope everyone is doing okay today!  SHARON, thanks so much for fixing breakfast!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »

Saw the Woodster for lunch today, and had to tell him I won't see him til Friday, he always hates when I go away for most of the week Poor little duck knocked over a bottle of juice and must have apologized 50 times to me for having to clean it up, I brought his blanket and top home, got it washed and back to him already, he can't be without that cozy blanket Huggles
My SIL and Al's cousin will be staying here 24/7 with him, he is OK with me going, I asked again today, if he wasn't I would send Lu on her own and have a contact in Windsor help her out.  Our Debi even offered to meet Lu to help for a couple of hours Huggles Huggles if I needed it.  After this 3 days away, I won't be able to do it for some time, I know that Al is getting weaker, this was not a good weekend, he will need me here most of the time, and when I'm not, someone will have to stay, it's the way it is, he needs the care now, tough to watch and know things are progressing, my poor guy
I am leaving tomorrow afternoon and back late Thursday night, bringing Al his favorite pizza home, at least he still has an appetite Wink

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »

KAREN,  wave   Huggles Huggles It seems our paths haven't crossed much lately.  How have you been?  Isn't it just "wonderful"  Paranoid how the kids get a holiday to "honor" our former President's and to drive their mothers  in the process?

Hi Thea, not too much going on for me lately; just the usual.   I do need to start planning vacation in June.  My 21-yr-old son suggested renting a houseboat on Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, and I haven't a clue where to start looking?!?!?!  A friend said her sister has done this a lot, and was going to get info to me, but I think she forgot.

I am SO envious of your going to St. Kitt's!!  My favorite kind of vacation.  I think if I'm to ever have another vacation just lazing around the beach at some beautiful tropical location, it will have to be without hubby.  He just has no interest; gets bored.    You seem so "in sync" with your hubby, which is WONDERFUL!!

About Justin's day off....he is so easy.  We get along great!

Sharon, I'm sure Al will do okay while you are gone.  Windsor is only a 3-hour drive for you, right?  Not so bad to drive, if it's really necessary for you to return early.  You need this change of pace, even though it's work! Huggles   

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
claydevotee
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »

I am SO envious of your going to St. Kitt's!!  My favorite kind of vacation.  I think if I'm to ever have another vacation just lazing around the beach at some beautiful tropical location, it will have to be without hubby.  He just has no interest; gets bored.    You seem so "in sync" with your hubby, which is WONDERFUL!!

Well, KAREN, we're in sync about vacations and cultural interests, but outside of that we're opposites.!!!  You'll have to see Phil and me together  someday, and you'll know what I mean.  My friends like to tease us about being so different.  For one thing, he is very quiet, weighs every word he speaks and takes forever to get a thought out with his sllllloooooowwwww Southern drawl.  I, on the other hand, have this habit of saying things in a very fast, high-pitched voice without thinking...and of filling in his sentences because I don't feel like waiting for him to finish!!!  Laughing  The poor man seldom gets a word in edge-wise.  Yup, opposites (in some things) do attract!!!!  Laughing

And yes, we love to laze on the beach, walk in the surf, pick up seashells and just stare at the sunset (all the while I'm talking nonstop and he is just my captive audience.  Blah blah blah ) We just went to Border's this afternoon to buy some books to read.  I usually get 3 books read and a crossword puzzle book finished on vacation.   

Going to take a little snooze.  I'm just making a Campbell's chicken soup, chicken breast, broccoli and rice dish tonight.  Easy to fix on the stove and yummy.  Plus we get our week's worth of broccoli in that dish!!!  Clapping
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »

Thea, do you and Phil share the same book preference?  Would be less to pack! Laughing
Or does he get his 3, and you get your 3?
My folks love crosswords puzzles....they subscribe to two newspapers every day in order to get one for each of them!  It's cute; when they get "stuck," they trade puzzles!  A new perspective, I guess! Me, I just  when I try to do a crossword.  Justin and I have bought "Easy Crossword"  books which are even MORE frustrating, if we can't even figure "easy" ones out!
  Laughing

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »

wave

Sharon - I know that this will be a hard trip for you, but you will be able to talk to Al everyday.  There will always be someone there with him so you know he will be in good hands.  Just go one day at a time.  You can ALWAYS go back home and be there in a few hours.   Huggles

Happy made chili for dinner tonight.  I have a feeling that tonight I am going to be having some   brainfart   only lower in my anatomy!  explode   blush

Karen - I used to do the crossword puzzles in the TV guide a long time ago, but I didn't watch enough TV to know who all the players were anymore.   

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
ann
UltimateFan

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »

Spikee - I was just watching your avie.  bigsmile

Sharon's got something for your chili fest:

Karen - Lake Cumberland - Did that a few years ago. Great vacation. You have to plan meals tho'. Pick things that are easy - grillin' stuff for the guys to make, subs & such. Bring books. You will have time.
Lots of Internet sites. Here's one: http://www.lakecumberlandvacation.com/

Thea - Enjoy your trip. What books are you taking, if you don't mind my asking?
Kids were fine today, but you're right, a me day would have been fun. I did watch DOOL while pairing up the socks. And I know that l'll have many "me" days in the next few years as the kids hopefully get out on their own. They do leave don't they? Paranoid) My dinner was not such a hit, but I'm making brownies for dessert to improve my Mommy status.

Shirley - Your dinner sounded perfect.

Hey, I noticed that Kim hasn't been back since she had her sandwich blush Kim?????

Okay, off to do the dishes.

Talk to you tomorrow.

P.S. Sharon have a safe trip. I got some breakfast casseroles in the frig - I'll set my alarm & pop those suckers in the oven early.
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2008, 04:00:15 PM »

ANN, what did you fix for dinner that didn't go over real big.?  Do you know I have trouble making brownies.  They are either to raw in the middle or they are overdone!!!!!!!  Oh good your fixing breakfast, I don't have to get up early.  It is snowing like mad here 

KAREN, good to see you . It is always lonely on the weekend as I know you aren't around.  Miss you!!!

SPIKEE, what in the world have you been doing lady?  Is your daughter getting ready to move yet?

SHARON, just sent you a pm with instructions!  Also I packed  you a lunch!!!  I have crispy crackers and slices of cheese, meatloaf sandwiches with lettuce and tomato, potato chips, fresh chocolate chip cookies all packed in a nice hamper and plenty for Lu too. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!

first off I have to thank Carolyn for the beautiful prayer....it meant a lot and carolyn even though you are sick yourslef you still managed to post a prayer for the needs of the RTM sisters!!! Thanks and God bless!!!!!

Thea...you are so lucky to travel as much as you do....I wish I could fit in your suitcase....oh wait maybe I could...I don't eat much ...and I wouldn't bother you and Phil as you walk along the beach chit chattting and collecting sea shells!!!! Oh to be warm and feel the sunshine on your shoulders...wait....isn't that a song!!!!! Wink

Shirley don't you just love simple dinners...today for me it was subways....I'm making a big pot of chicken soup for tomorrow....don't know what I'll make with it but...for me the soup will be enough....

Ann...how are you... and those breakfast casseroles sound great..I'm gonna have to stop by in the am to grab some!!!

Karen... don't feel bad I 'm no good and crossword puzzles either!!!

Hey Peggy ...what to take a quick trip to windsor???????????????

ok..I have to tell you something that happened to me today....one of the girls I work with has been bugging me to come up to work .  She said there was something going on and I had to come there to find out what...sooo I decided to go visit my co-workers today...I went during their lunch hour...it was good to see all of them and they always make me feel truely missed...well this is what they all did...on valentines day they had a bake sale...even got a few patients involved.  The posted notes throughout the facility letting everyone know about this event...it was a fundraiser for a co-worker to help her with so difficulties being caused by medical issues....it was for me... I was so touched by their kindness...They said that people were so generous...some even gave donations and didn't even take anything...they took a picture of the table of goodies...dang you name it they had it including pineapple upsidedown cupcakes....I hear one of the patients talking about them...Well needless to say I was overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness... Today I was reminded that God really surrounded me with many wonderful people for a reason....He always takes care of me.  LIke I've said before between my co-workers and all the wonderful friends I've made here on claymaniacs I am truely blessed no matter what difficulties I face today or any day after today!!!!! I thanks God many times throughout the day for giving me the best gift He could give me and that is FRIENDS!!!!!

I have to again thank each and every one of you have help in anyway to get me through these times....I only pray that someday I am blessed by being able to be of some help to you too!!!!!

God bless each of you !!!!
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »

Hi everyone  - Since you are all talking about crossword puzzles, my favorite now are sudoku - I love them.

BTW - my daughter just called, she said she loved getting all that mail. She said once the cards started coming, she used to wait for the mail every day. She said she liked my friends. Well, I've been telling her how wonderful everyone here is. Don't know why she should be surprised!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thea - I know you will enjoy yourself. I'm glad you are going to relax.

Sharon - YOu need time to yourself. Don't worry, honey. They'll all get in touch with you if you are needed.

I'm really relaxing tonight. I must have been so excited last night that I didn't sleep well, so tonight, I hope I completely zonk out.

Kim - Everyone said you are truly a professional artist and couldn't believe your talent.

Debi - They couldn't believe the card you made that Kim sent me.

Honestly, You girls truly impressed everyone, but that's not new to me. I know how special all of you are.

OK - I'm going to pick up a book and read. See you all later. 

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »

Hey Peggy ...what to take a quick trip to Windsor???????????????
  Yes!  Let me know some more details.

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2008, 05:08:45 PM »

Spikee - I was just watching your avie.  bigsmile

Sharon's got something for your chili fest:

ann - Thanks, I need some of those tonight.   blush bigsmile

SPIKEE, what in the world have you been doing lady?  Is your daughter getting ready to move yet?

Shirley - It is my sister who will have to be moving.  But not until the end of next month sometime.  She is in Chicago right now visiting her daughter.  She will have a couple of other trips before she has to move out.  She might as well do some traveling while she doesn't have to 'worry' about rent.

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »

I talked to my sister about the baby's name. If it's a boy they want to name him Peyton Charles. Charles was Grandpa's name. If it's a girl they like the name Annalise Kaylene. Annalise is a combination of my grandmothers middle names : Grandma Nancy's middle name is Ann and Grandma Betty's middle name is Louise. Kaylene is a combination of Lloyd's mother's middle name (Kay) and my mom's middle name (Marlene). She said if it's a girl, they have to cram in all the family names they can!  ROFLMAO

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
claydevotee
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2008, 05:21:26 PM »

Hey guys!

I feel uncomfortable talking about my trip with so much going on here, so I will dispense with the talk now.  I just want you to know that the plans for this trip were made by Phil a month after his massive heart attack as an act of faith that all would be relatively well with our health come February.  I acknowledge I am truly blessed that this is the case, and that we can enjoy this wonderful week together away from the snowy Midwest.
Anyway, I apologize if I have seemed self-centered and insensitive during this time.  I will try to do better.

ANN, you and  KAREN asked about the books I will be reading.  I bought three today (had a 40% off coupon at Borders'  Super Happy!!!).  The titles are My Name is Iran:  A Memoir,  Nineteen Minutes, & The Friday Night Knitting Club.,  I also may take along a book I've been trying to get into but can't:  Love in the Time of Cholera.  Phil, on the other hand, likes to read history books about 20th century events.  BORING!!!!  Laughing

ANN, the brownies sound wonderful.  You are a good mom!   Clapping

EVELYN, so you can do sudoku?  I think both BRENDA and MARILYN do sudoku, as well!  I guess I'm just numerically or logically challenged because I have never been able to understand how to work a sudoku puzzle.  I 'm very impressed,  ladies!   Not Worthy  Huggles

SPIKEE, I'm sorry I overlooked you earlier.  It was not intentional.  I'll bet you've been busy with your sweet little grandbaby!  Huggles

DEBI, your story about the fundraiser at work has touched my heart.  I hope you now know how beloved you are by so many, especially us!    Huggles

SHIRLEY,  how sweet of you to pack a lunch for SHARON and LU!!!  You're the best!  Huggles

Sharon - I know that this will be a hard trip for you, but you will be able to talk to Al everyday.  There will always be someone there with him so you know he will be in good hands.  Just go one day at a time.  You can ALWAYS go back home and be there in a few hours.  

SPIKEE,  thank you for expressing yourself so well in this post.  SHARON,  just put your faith in those who will be watching him so lovingly and caringly in your absence.  I know this will be a very long week for you, but with your friend Lu at your side as well as all of us pulling for you, you will get through it, sweetie.   kum-bi-ya

Off to clean up the kitchen right now, then I'm going to plop down in the lazy boy to watch some mindless TV.  I am so sick of reality shows by now!  Bring on some new episodes of CSI and Law & Order, please!!!!!  

claydevotee
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2008, 05:29:30 PM »

I talked to my sister about the baby's name. If it's a boy they want to name him Peyton Charles. Charles was Grandpa's name. If it's a girl they like the name Annalise Kaylene. Annalise is a combination of my grandmothers middle names : Grandma Nancy's middle name is Ann and Grandma Betty's middle name is Louise. Kaylene is a combination of Lloyd's mother's middle name (Kay) and my mom's middle name (Marlene). She said if it's a girl, they have to cram in all the family names they can! 

MEESA, I absolutely love the name Annalise.  And with the name Kaylene, well it's magical!!!  Anyway, I'm voting for a girl for your sister, but I guess everybody will be thrilled with a little Peyton Charles, as welll!!!

Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2008, 05:56:48 PM »

SPIKEE, I'm sorry I overlooked you earlier.  It was not intentional.  I'll bet you've been busy with your sweet little grandbaby!  Huggles

Thea - I know, it's hard to mention everyone.  One of my biggest problems too. 

I'm watching Dance War's know.  I hope that Carrie Ann's group wins.  I just like their dances better.   Paranoid
I am looking forward to hearing who's going to be on the next Dancing With The Stars too.   

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »

SHARON, just sent you a pm with instructions!  Also I packed  you a lunch!!!  I have crispy crackers and slices of cheese, meatloaf sandwiches with lettuce and tomato, potato chips, fresh chocolate chip cookies all packed in a nice hamper and plenty for Lu too. 

Thanks so much my Shirley Huggles we'll enjoy every bite bigsmile

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »

Thea~~~we are all thrilled that you are taking this trip, don't feel uncomfortable Huggles we just all want to come with you Laughing

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2008, 06:15:33 PM »

I talked to my sister about the baby's name. If it's a boy they want to name him Peyton Charles. Charles was Grandpa's name. If it's a girl they like the name Annalise Kaylene. Annalise is a combination of my grandmothers middle names : Grandma Nancy's middle name is Ann and Grandma Betty's middle name is Louise. Kaylene is a combination of Lloyd's mother's middle name (Kay) and my mom's middle name (Marlene). She said if it's a girl, they have to cram in all the family names they can!  ROFLMAO

Meesa, these names are beautiful, all of them Huggles

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 102 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx