gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 238
Total: 238

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insomniacs' Sanctuary  (Read 66475 times)
franniek54
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2008, 05:34:19 AM »

Woody ~ You'll never see me without a cup of caffeine in my hand.  I drink it so much that I got one of these for my birthday:

Now Clay can come with me to work or anywhere else that I go!   

Sorry I left you girls unsupervised last night.  I'll do better tonight.
ILClaymate
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »

Woody ~ You'll never see me without a cup of caffeine in my hand.  I drink it so much that I got one of these for my birthday:

Now Clay can come with me to work or anywhere else that I go!   

Wow, what a COOL gift! 

Sorry I left you girls unsupervised last night.  I'll do better tonight.

Well you better, Ms. Insomniac.  Laughing  And I bet you are sleeping right now!!  nap
franniek54
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2008, 12:57:15 PM »

How insulting!!!!!   I don't sleep during the day!   
ILClaymate
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »

Boy that Dimetapp really is making you loopy!  crazy  Did you forget you wrote this?? 
Busted!!  Nener nener!

Excuse me, I am in a Dimetapp induced haze.  I went back to sleep!!!   HA!   Who cares.  We have a snow day today. 
franniek54
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2008, 02:02:16 PM »

Boy that Dimetapp really is making you loopy!  crazy  Did you forget you wrote this?? 
Busted!!  Nener nener!

Excuse me, I am in a Dimetapp induced haze.  I went back to sleep!!!   HA!   Who cares.  We have a snow day today. 

Ummm, what happens in the BLP stays in the BLP.   That's my only defense.
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »

Busted!!  Nener nener!

She know the Mantra well! Wink
franniek54
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »

Busted!!  Nener nener!

She know the Mantra well! Wink

My mother used to say she was just checking for cracks in her eyelids.  Laughing   
franniek54
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2008, 12:01:52 AM »

Well you late nighters.  I'm just sitting here looking at my new avie, and I'm just wondering what you all thought about that WRAL interview.  Wasn't it wonderful?  I only wish there were more besides WRAL.

Aiken has been all over the world with UNICEF. He said the outpouring of support was overwhelming, except when it came to Mexico.

“There is, unfortunately, a lot of negative connotation that Americans get when they hear about Mexico, and I think that there’s apathy there. I think people just don’t really care that much,”

I read this quote and I felt crummy about it.  But the truth is--there has been hardly ANY publicity about it.  A teeny weeny bit of time on ET and that's it!  and I was wondering if they were ever going to talk about it, or what was the point of him even going there?  I hoped that Unicef wasn't just using the Claymates for donations and happily settling for that! 

I'm glad that WRAL is covering it, but that's local media, and it should be covered by national media, if not international.  I don't think that any American would lack sympathy for Mexican people who have suffered misfortune in their own country.  And it shouldn't be only up to Americans to donate to the cause anyway.

So what do you guys think about this?  Why don't they ever do some print articles?  That would make a fabulous human interest story for the Sunday paper!  or in the Wall Street Journal?  If you catch the eye of some philanthropist he could make Claymate money look like small change, which really it IS!  Small change from many thousands of average Americans who share Clay's values.  But there are many more resources out there to tap into, and I'm disappointed that Unicef doesn't make more of an effort to do so.

And talk about infomercials!  Clay could film a 60 second, short informative ad (something like Christian Children's Fund does) ending with a phone number and website for sending donations to.   

Surely they could be doing more to raise awareness!  Or do you know of any that I have missed?
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2008, 02:17:09 AM »

Frannie - Good morning - I agree with you totally. It seems that they are just using Clay to get to all the Claymates.

I've often said this to myself. OK - so we all contribute, and that's really nice, but , as you said, there's a big world out there. I remember when I was working and each year we were asked to donate to a United Way fund. Under this fund, were a whole host of other funds, one of them being a Katrina fund and another for Unicef. So you could just donate in general and they split that up among all the funds or you could specify just one fund.

Well, I've been up since 3 but I'm trying to just lay in bed . Actually, today, I actually fell back to sleep for a half hour, which isn't too bad.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2008, 04:12:18 AM »

wave wave wave

I sure enjoy reading over here.  But I don't have much time this morning...will have to comment later.

Just wanted to let you know that I found out how to sleep well!!!   bigsmile  You get just 3 hours sleep one night, come home from work and shovel until you think you are going to collapse, then stay up till midnight, even though it seems impossible.  THEN you go to bed.   Laughing  It worked last night, but I don't recommend it.   Wink  Naughty

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
franniek54
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2008, 11:35:57 AM »

That's a good strategy Woody!  If only we all lived at the NORTH POLE. 

I did shovel yesterday too and I'm counting that as my exercise for the day.

Evelyn ~ I so agree.  I wonder how much it costs to send Clay, his mom and brother there in the first place.  scratch  It can't be cheap.  And so how much profit do they REALLY realize in the end?  I'd really like to know the answer to that!  If they do such a poor job of spreading the word, who REALLY are the apathetic ones?

In this political season, if anyone objects to illegal Mexican immigration, then appeal to that POV and offer them a chance to help improve living conditions in Mexico.  For those who don't have that POV just raise awareness from a humanitarian perspective.  And if they took what they have on film and just created a little news item out of it, it could be released to multiple news markets and aired on their broadcasts, so being busy with Spamalot would not interfere at all, in fact it may make people pay even more attention. 

I'm just hoping that maybe Clay has some talks or lectures scheduled for later in the spring, to create more awareness.  I just don't see the point in sending him there, setting and meeting a donation goal (thanks to clayfans), and then dropping it like a hot potato.  Why keep it a secret?  I'll be honest with you, I had forgotten about the flooding in Mexico and I had no idea it was as bad as it was.  I'm pretty sure that's the case for most other people like me too.
franniek54
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2008, 10:09:09 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!!!!     I HOPE YOU'RE SLEEPING!!!!   

cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2008, 01:50:30 AM »

Happy Birthday , Debbie - Have a great day

Well, it's almost 5 in the morning. I've been up since 3:30. Of course, as usual I try to stay in bed for a while to see if i can go back to sleep, but no such luck.

Good morning Frannie. How's things with you this morning.

I love that laughing Clay!!!!

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
ILClaymate
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2008, 06:18:58 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!!!!     I HOPE YOU'RE SLEEPING!!!!   

Fran...this is adorable!!!  Clapping  Nice job!

Insomniac Debbie!
franniek54
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »

Debbie ~ I hope you were given the gift of a good night's sleep and a fun evening with your family.  You deserve a great day.  Here's the last of your presents girl.

And my very favorite picture in the whole wide world..........

It's got it all, and then some.   Thud!

Hope you had a great birthday.  Now we're even!  well, I'm a month older, but what's a month when you're our age!!!  Laughing

cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2008, 02:14:11 AM »

Good morning Frannie and Woody

Am I the only one up?  Looks like everyone got a good nights sleep for a change.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
franniek54
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2008, 09:00:20 AM »

Hi Evelyn 
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2008, 11:52:53 PM »

well - I'm up earlier than usual. Couldn't sleep. anyone else up?

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2008, 01:00:58 AM »

Evelyn wave wave
 I'm up, I posted to you a little earlier. Some thing you might try with your
 sewing machine. Kinda a shot in the dark.  I would repost it here but my
 computer is acting goofy and Woody said maybe I should shut it off for the
 night and give it a rest. It is shutting off by its self frequently. I don't think I will
 sleep but think I will take Woody's advice.  Hope you will be able to get some sleep
 tonight. Oh I should say this morning.   bigsmile Carol

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »

Hello,

Another new member to this thread.  I'm getting into a habbit of not sleeping.  Now, I think that I'm getting up so early(3am) just to get some hot cocoa.
JoAnn

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx