gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 416
Total: 416

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insomniacs' Sanctuary  (Read 65994 times)
ILClaymate
« on: January 28, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »

This thread idea was brought to us by franniek54 and we think its a great new idea for after hours.  Thanks fran

Insomniacs’ Sanctuary

Can’t sleep?  Menopausal insomnia?  Work the late shift?  Need a study break?  Live in a distant time zone?  Someone’s snoring woke you up?  Baby woke you up?  Shouldn’t have taken that nap?  Too much caffeine?  Aggravated by something?  Cat sleeping on your pillow?  Dog needed to go out? 

Whatever brought you here, if you’re looking for some conversation or just wanna say hi, make your presence known.  There may be someone else here too.  There’s a good chance that I will be.

And I guarantee that no one will comment on what time you posted.  Wink

franniek54
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »

yay  I don't need to be lonely no more!   
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:40:02 PM »

Frannie - I hope NOT to see you here.   lmao  That means we are both not sleeping.  But this will be the first place I check in!!!   Wink  Glad to see the new thread!!!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »

Hey What's up? wave

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »

wave Clandygirl, Frannie, Woody and all other fellow insomniacs!! Laughing

What a GREAT idea for a thread! pick me I am one of those who has late night conversations with herself! I will definitely be popping in here!  I have been working some brutal hours lately.  I work anywhere from 7-8 am to 10-11 pm.  When I finally get on....most everyone is already Clay dreaming nap

I hope to see some of my "knight" owl buddies here and I look forward to meeting some new fellow insomniacs too. 

Well....I know it's early but I must get some sleep for tomorrow is going to be another long day at work. 

I look forward to hearing some stories of what makes you all a fellow insomniac! Huggles

Knighty knight!!! Knight Love

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:39:13 PM »

Hello all,

Finally a “Menopausal Insomnia” thread... Purple Banana

Miss Kat, you can’t be “Menopausal Insomnia?” Wink Laughing

Good night, I hope I won’t see any of us here late tonight. Wink

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
franniek54
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:04:07 PM »

Well now look at that!  And I thought I was the only one in here late at night.  shrug   Well, I'm gonna try at least right now to do some snoozin cuz I have to work tomorrow and I need to be semifunctional.

Like all of you I hope to NOT meet you in here, but if I need this place I'm glad it's here.   Huggles Huggles Huggles

This is the only thread that we DON'T want people to post in!  Leave it to me.... Laughing
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 01:37:11 AM »

wave wave wave

Well...here I am.  What a surprise.   Laughing  My usual 3 am wake up call.     Was reading a little about the recent magazine articles, and it just makes me sick.  I think I will try to go back to bed.   Wink
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 02:19:31 AM »

Frankie - I didn't know you had started this thread or I would have been on last night. Let me see - I went to bed at 11:00 , TOOK  a sleeping pill, woke up at 12:30 and have been up ever since. Now I'm going to try to go back to sleep and see if I can't get a couple more hours of sleep.

At least I know where to come when I wake up in the middle of the night.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 04:59:28 AM »

Oh this is great - now if I could just drag myself out of bed to the computer when I wake up at 12:00, 2:00, 4:00 (yes, menopausal insomnia).  I even take a Sleep Right before I go to bed and that does cut down on the number of times I wake up!!
I may drop in sometime.  Nice (or sorry) to see you all here!!   Huggles

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 05:01:27 AM »

I needed this thread opening night of Spamalot! I went to bed between 4 & 5. The man drew me in!  hypnotic

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »

OK SO IS THIS THE PLACE I COME TO HAVE LATE NIGHT CONVERSATIONS WITH ME. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
franniek54
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »

OMG, look at all the people in here who have sleep disorders!!!!   This is very sad!!!

Well, I can't guarantee we'll all be in here at the same time, but you never know.  Laughing

Last night I went to bed at 1:30, woke up at 3:30.  My nose was really stuffy so that's why this time.  Couldn't go back to sleep and the tossing and turning was waking up hubby, so I went to lay on the couch and turn on the tv.  Too tired to come back here this time.  Bush's  State of the Union address was on CNN--that put me right to sleep.

I have found in general tho that if I cut down on my expected sleep time, I may get less sleep than what I want, but a better quality when I do sleep.  So if I go to bed at 11PM I will only sleep 50% of the time, but if I go to bed around 1AM I often times will sleep right thru till 7AM.  From time to time I need a nap to catch up.   blush  Maybe I just don't need as much sleep as I think I do.  Exercise helps too.

I don't mind conversations with myself.  I do it even during the day!  Laugh

Or you could decorate for the others to see when they stop in.  Drool

Or you could just leave and no one will be the wiser.

But all are welcome.
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 07:58:47 AM »

So now I know where to come in the middle of thenight, well not quite because I live in California, so my 3 am wake up will be after you all have gone back to bed. Sometimes I'm up earlier.

Menopausal insomnia, humm. well actually i have RLS. Restless leg syndrom. I take my meds for that a then conk out within an hour. They work to quiet the lower brain stem. Then I wake up and cannot go back to sleep.

So see you all another night.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
claydevotee
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 05:49:27 PM »

Hi ladies!  I'll try to drop by one of these late nights when I have gotten up for the 3rd time to pee!!!  (can I say that here?   Paranoid )
franniek54
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 08:55:01 PM »

Well, hellooooo, out there.  Here I am at 10:49 and everyone has gone to bed.  Heck, I'm just getting started!

I just posted this on the blp, but maybe it would make a good conversation starter.  If you all have thoughts about this too, tell me your POV.

I just wish I knew the truth about all of these articles.  There's so much inconsistency.  He walked out on an interview that wasn't nearly as bad, but stayed for this one?  Which article was really done first?  Ariel Levy never printed exactly what questions she asked or exactly what his responses were to them.  How much was edited out or printed out of sequence or embellished upon or just downright fabricated.  Why did Clay even agree to an interview with such a magazine anyway?

My heart is breaking for him right now.  People are publicly trying to "enlighten" him as to what and who he is.  How insulting is that?  and no matter what he says I don't believe that it doesn't hurt.     

I'm so glad he has the Spamalot cast for support right now.  They know what he's up against and can give him the right backup and advice.  and they are publicly defending him, how cool is that?  And David Hyde Pierce is giving the media the cold shoulder, so good for him too.   
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »

where is everybody?  Paranoid  ROFLMAO

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »

Well, I have no fun reasons why I'm  here, I'm just a terrible night owl. Laughing Laughing But unfortuneately, I must get some sleep now. Tired What kind of night owl am I going to bed at 1:30 in the morning? Laughing

Bye for now, hope to get back here some other night. Smile

Carla

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 11:47:56 PM »

wave everyone!!!
Glad to see we have a group forming, even though not because we WANT to be awake.   lmao  I fall asleep just fine....then wake up and can't go back to sleep.  Probably several reasons contribute...But believe it or not, although I got up to pee (like Thea  Wink ) I'm still feeling very tired and hope to get back to sleep. 

Beth - I think you were just a little early.   Laughing

But glad to see we have our own little group here!!!     Thanks, Fran, for the idea!!!
Woodstock

cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »

Good morning everyone

Well, here i am again. Who else is  up with me?

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx