gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 22 :: What a Difference a Clay Makes  (Read 192060 times)
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »

Could someone please give me the offical defination of Claymate ?    Do you automatically know if you're one ?bigsmile   I know for a fact that I'm a huge fan, but just wondered about the Claymate part....Should I be scared? Don't Know

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »

Oh dear, I have unwittingly started... something.

I retract the statement!

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 04:45:12 PM »

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS FANDOM, THE TERM CLAYMATE WAS A GENERIC TERM USED TO DESCRIBE ALL OF US WHO LOVED CLAY.  IT IS THE MEDIA THAT HAS TAKEN THIS AND RUN WITH IT.  NOW, YEARS LATER, THE MORE "ENTHUSIASTIC" FANS ARE TERMED CLAYMATES.  IT IS FOR THAT REASON THAT, I THINK, THE WORD HAS BECOME RATHER----DIFFERENT.  ANGELA, SWEETIE, YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE.  NONE OF US HERE ON THIS BOARD SEEM TO ME TO BE THAT TYPE.  AND, I DO BELIEVE THAT CLAY KNOWS THAT.  HE KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE.  THE MEDIA DOES NOT.

AS FOR THE MUSCLES---- Thud! Thud! Thud!  I THINK WE ARE ALL GOING TO BENEFIT FROM ALL OF THIS DANCING.  bigsmile Clapping

I AM SO LOVING THIS PR.  JUST LOVING IT.  NOW, LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN MAY WHEN THE CD DROPS.  WILL THE AP TALK TO HIM THEN?  WILL THERE BE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS?  HOW ABOUT BUSES WITH HIS FACE?  YEAH, RIGHT.  BUT I CANNOT WAIT FOR NEW CLAY MUSIC.  I JUST CANNOT WAIT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »

Marilyn (and Sunny), I agree with everything you both said.  It's a shame that the media focuses on the fanatical fans, when actually the majority of Clay's fans are just normal, everyday people who support Clay and his passions without having to be the center of attention.   Sometimes I just wish Clay would do an interview without mentioning us.....his fans.  I know he loves and appreciates us, but we always seem to be the topic of conversation.  I don't like to have what little time Clay has in an interview wasted on the camera panning the audience for "Claymates" like on the View yesterday.  

The Hair.....I'm liking it alot.  It took me a while to get used to the color....I prefer it darker, but it's growing on me.  I'm not one for the poker straight, flat ironed look, but it is the rage for guys his age right now.  Give me the "I just rolled out of bed" look at the stage door!   Thud!

Clay sure has been getting great press lately.  What a difference a publicist makes!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 05:00:31 PM »

AS FOR THE MUSCLES---- Thud! Thud! Thud!  I THINK WE ARE ALL GOING TO BENEFIT FROM ALL OF THIS DANCING.  bigsmile Clapping
See that? Exercise is good for everyone.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »

Thanks Gwen for the explanation....I'm glad I'm just a huge fan....I would even be happy to be his"whatnot"....that seems to be important to him..bigsmile

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »

Thanks Sunny, Gwenn & Micki for an interesting topic.

As one of us who chose "Claymate" for her screen name, I guess I didn't know what connotation the word would take on.  I am a big Clay fan but not a "Claymate" the way the media classes it.  My voice is naturally loud but I can control it when necessary and you will never find me throwing things on stage, or doing anything to embarrass myself or Clay.  I do love the man and I love to hear him sing and perform.

I also love the live concerts and the friends I have met and friends I hope to meet.

I, too, wish Clay didn't have to take valuable interview time discussing this fans.   We are certainly more interested in having him talk about himself.  I really think there are many more fans who love and support Clay in a quieter way than there are the Claymates who want the attention for themselves.  That's why I like this place so much.

Maybe we need to inform the media that there are Claymates and Claymates with Class (which Claymaniacs are).

Enough of my  soapbox

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 05:29:02 PM »

MARILYN--HOW YOU FOUND THAT INTERVIEW, I DON'T KNOW.  BUT IT IS WONDERFUL.  ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD.  THIS LADY DID HER HOMEWORK AND ACTUALLY LISTENED TO CLAY. (BUT, YOU BELONG TO CLAYMANIACS FIRST.  CV CANNOT HAVE YOU.)

SO MUCH CLACK.  SO MUCH FUN.  SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO. 

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »

WELL I FOR ONE AM JUST crazy BOUT HIM. Laughing Laughing I ADMIT IT OPENLY  AS FOR BEING A CLAYMATE I THINK THE PRESS HAS TOTALLY TAKEN THIS WHOLE THING OUT OF CONTEXT.LIKE THEY USUALLY DO.

THE PR THIS WEEK HAS BEEN GREAT. Clapping Clapping HE LOOKS HAPPY AND THAT MAKES ME HAPPY.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU ALL ANYBODY ESLE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE FACT THAT SIMON AND CLIVE WORK CLOSELY TOGETHER CAUSE IT JUST BUGS THE H***** OUT OF ME SOMETIMES BOTH OF THEM SEEM INTENT ON RUINING CLAY.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 05:49:45 PM »

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU ALL ANYBODY ESLE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE FACT THAT SIMON AND CLIVE WORK CLOSELY TOGETHER CAUSE IT JUST BUGS THE H***** OUT OF ME SOMETIMES BOTH OF THEM SEEM INTENT ON RUINING CLAY.
Glory,

Think of all the clout Clive has. Simon pulls some weight as well. If either of them alone were bent on causing the downfall of Clay Aiken, don't you think they would have succeeded by now? Much less, with the two of them working together.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »

I AM  SURE THAT SIMON CANNOT STAND CLAY.  FOR WHATEVER REASON.  HE HAS MADE THAT QUITE CLEAR.  SOMETHING MUST HAVE HAPPENED WAY BACK WHEN.  WE WILL NEVER KNOW.  DIDN'T SIMON SAY SOME NICE THINGS ABOUT CLAY IN HIS BOOK?  MY OPINION IS THAT CLAY STOLE THE AI5 FINALE.  CONTINUES TO BE STELLAR DESPITE SO MUCH CRAP.  AND CLAY GOT OUT OF HIS CONTRACT WHICH TOOK MONEY RIGHT OUT OF SIMON'S ALREADY STUFFED POCKETS.

AS FOR CLIVE, I THINK CLAY IS AN ENIGMA TO HIM.  HE DOESN'T FIT INTO ANY BOX.  CLIVE LIKES TO HAVE EVERYONE HE WORKS WITH IN A NEAT LITTLE PACKAGE AND CLAY JUST DOESN'T FIT IN ONE.  BUT, AFTER LISTENING TO THE INTERVIEW THAT MARILYN POSTED, IT SEEMS THAT THE LABEL IS BEING VERY SUPPORTIVE OF WHAT CLAY WANTS TO DO.  SO, CLIVE CAN'T BE TOO PISSED OFF.  I DON'T THINK MUCH GOES ON THERE THAT CLIVE DOESN'T APPROVE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

JMHO

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 06:02:01 PM »

YES I SUPPOSE SO SUNNY BUT IT STILL BUGS ME. I GUESS CAUSE I THINK THE BOTH OF THEM ARE SLIMEBAGS, Paranoid Paranoid

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »

YES I SUPPOSE SO SUNNY BUT IT STILL BUGS ME. I GUESS CAUSE I THINK THE BOTH OF THEM ARE SLIMEBAGS, Paranoid Paranoid

Well, yes, that is a personality flaw that they seem to share, and I will agree with you--it's annoying.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »

JUST WATCHED THE INTERVIEW AGAIN HE THINKS WE ARE WONDERFUL. AWE HE IS SO SWEET, AND A NEW CD COMING MAKES MY HEART FLOAT. Laughing

ILClaymate
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 07:00:29 PM »

Well, I guess I better change my screenname.  Paranoid  Interesting.  I'm not sure who the 'we' is but I never knew that 'claymate' had such a definition as that.  Guess I'm out of the 'loop'.   hypnotic
My dear Clandy,

Please forgive my local bias. And change nothing about yourself. Huggles

Around here (Raleigh), there seems to be a dichotomy among those who like Clay. There are fans, and then there are the Claymates-- who are rather... hardcore in their devotion. hypnotic

They are who I was thinking of when I posted earlier.

No problem, my dear Sunnydancer.  It was just a bit of education for me I suppose.  I've been stuck in my little happy bubble for the past 4 years and thinking it as a generic term.  I never put it together.  I just thought since Clay didn't have a problem with it, I didn't either.  Laughing  Thank goodness I've met most of you so you know I do not fit that definition.  No!  So are 'Fanilows' the same way for Barry??
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 07:03:30 PM »

I know nothing of Fanilows or Barry. Paranoid

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »

I know nothing of Fanilows or Barry. Paranoid

I didn't either shrug I just googled Fanilows and found a CD review from last year that made me laugh:

Way back when, as a bellboy at a Maryland hotel, I had the privilege of driving Manilow around in a courtesy van. Long story short: Fanilows are faster than they look.
Laughing

And speaking of...Barry's concert here in Raleigh last weekend was canceled to due to inclement weather. Huh?

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 08:09:14 PM »

MICHELLE DIDN'T YOU HAVE SNOW FLURRIES. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO OR ELSE HIS TICKETS DID NOT SELL, OR ELSE HE DID NOT WANT TO RISK MEETING UP WITH THE CLAYMATES, OR ELSE. Paranoid

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 03:34:37 AM »

So are 'Fanilows' the same way for Barry??

As a matter of fact, yes they are. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 05:08:23 AM »

That is interesting.  I have been a fan of Barry Manilow and never knew his fans were called "fanilows". 

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx