gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 322
Total: 322

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 22 :: What a Difference a Clay Makes  (Read 192253 times)
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1960 on: March 06, 2008, 07:18:20 AM »

clay is no.1 on the amazon pre order. way to go claynation. lmao lmao SURPISED WE DID NOT CRASH THEIR SITE IT HAPPENED BEFORE YOU KNOW.

I AM SO EXCITED I AM GOING TO BURST. ROFLMAO

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
claydevotee
« Reply #1961 on: March 06, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »

I'm not sure anybody else has posted this, but here is the latest on this morning's Times Square explosion.  Here's hoping this was just a random act of violence by some crazy individual.  Paranoid

Explosion hits New York military recruiting center
4 hours ago

NEW YORK (AFP) — A small explosion struck a military recruiting station in New York's Times Square in the early hours of Thursday, causing minor damage and disruption but no injuries, police said.

The blast occurred shortly before 4 am (0900 GMT) and shattered windows and buckled the door of the small booth, a frequent focus of anti-war demonstrations and one of the most public faces of the US military.

Behind the shattered window, the blast exposed a familiar World War I recruitment poster featuring Uncle Sam and the words "I Want You For US Army."

The explosion sparked an immediate and large police response -- one of the legacies of the September 11 attacks six years ago, since when the city has been on a constant and heightened state of alert.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the blast was the result of an improvised explosive device that could have caused serious injury or even proved fatal.

"This was not a particularly sophisticated device, it was a low-order explosive in an ammunition box," readily available in military surplus stores, he told reporters from the scene of the explosion.

He added that while a witness had seen a hooded individual cycling around the station wearing a backpack shortly before the blast, no-one had seen the device being planted or thrown at the recruitment center.

The Department of Homeland Security was swift to say there was no information to suggest an imminent threat to the United States after the blast.

The White House said the explosion "doesn't appear to be terrorism," adding that it was closely following the investigation.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg condemned the attack and said the city would not be intimidated.

"The fact that this appears deliberately directed at the recruiting station insults every one of our brave men and women in uniform stationed around the world fighting to defend our freedoms," he told reporters.

"New York City is back and open for business," he insisted. "This city is safe, the police department has kept the city safe."

"People are going about their business... they are not intimidated. Whoever the coward was that committed this disgraceful act on our city will be found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law," he told reporters.

One witness told CNN television she had felt the blast from the 44th floor of a nearby building.

The scene was closed off to pedestrians for several hours after the blast as forensic teams and bomb squad officers scoured the site. Dozens of emergency vehicles were at the scene, and a police helicopter hovered overhead.

However, traffic was being allowed through Times Square, affectionately known as "the crossroads of the world," and subway services, shortly suspended after the blast, were back to normal, sparing the city rush-hour chaos.

The recruitment station has frequently been the focus of demonstrations protesting US-led military action in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A recruiting center has been on the site since just after World War II, in 1946, although the current structure, a glass building around the size of a tall truck, is its third incarnation.

Bloomberg said the recruiting station was deliberately in an accessible, although exposed, position and there were no plans to change its location.

"The high profile of being in Times Square is exactly what we try to do," he said. "We're pleased to have the recruiting station here."

Last October, a crude bomb exploded outside the Mexican Consulate in New York, shattering windows, while in 2005, two powerful devices exploded outside the British Consulate in Midtown Manhattan, again shattering windows. Both explosions occurred, like Thursday's blast, shortly before 4:00 am.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1962 on: March 06, 2008, 09:23:21 AM »

BUSY HERE.  I AM LEAVING IN 5 MINUTES FOR MAH JONGG.  I HAVEN'T PREORDERED JUST YET.  BUT I AM SURE I WILL.  I AM BEYOND EXCITED.  BEYOND.  I CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON NEW MUSIC FROM THIS MAN.

EVEN WHEN HE PISSES ME OFF LIKE HE DID LAST WEEKEND, I LOVE HIM TO DEATH.  HE JUST MAKES ME FEEL SO YOUNG.  OY.

TIMES SQUARE MESS--AWFUL.  THERE ISN'T ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY.  JUST AWFUL.

GOTTA RUN.  SEE YOU LADIES LATER.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #1963 on: March 06, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »

SO THE UNNAMED CD IS NOW #1 ON AMAZON'S HOT NEW RELEASES!!!

AMAZON.COM

and the price dropped to $9.99 already!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1964 on: March 06, 2008, 09:43:23 AM »

Gwenn, did I miss something?  Why did he piss you off last weekend?  

Well, it didn't take long for us to get this new CD to #1 on Amazon, did it!   Purple Banana  I can hardly wait to get my hands on it.  I've pre-ordered 2, and will probably buy the rest at Target or Kmart when it comes out.  

Sunny, I think I'd order from Amazon if I were you.   Laughing

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1965 on: March 06, 2008, 09:50:55 AM »

Gwenn, did I miss something?  Why did he piss you off last weekend?  
I didn't hear the whole story, Micki, but it had something to do with him wanting to take Gwenn out on the town that night, and she said, "Sorry, I can't. I'm seeing some friends."

Well, he got all in a snit and words were said.... Gwenn didn't want to deal with his attitude, so she just left and met us at the restaurant. It was the 'tude that ticked her off.

Sunny, I think I'd order from Amazon if I were you.    Laughing
Probably not a bad idea.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #1966 on: March 06, 2008, 10:39:36 AM »

Latest news on the EXPLOSION:

The recruiting center has drawn sporadic protests for many years, including in October 2005, when a group who call themselves the Granny Peace Brigade rallied there against the Iraq war.  Eighteen activists, most of them grandmothers in their 80s and 90s, were later acquitted of disorderly conduct.

SOMEONE HAS BEEN USING THEIR NEWLY DELIVERED TOTE BAGS!!     lmao lmao lmao lmao

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1967 on: March 06, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »

WELL IT WASN'T ME WHO USED IT. Paranoid

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
claydevotee
« Reply #1968 on: March 06, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »

SOMEONE HAS BEEN USING THEIR NEWLY DELIVERED TOTE BAGS!!       

lmao   lmao lmao
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1969 on: March 06, 2008, 12:28:38 PM »

Gwenn, did I miss something?  Why did he piss you off last weekend?   
I didn't hear the whole story, Micki, but it had something to do with him wanting to take Gwenn out on the town that night, and she said, "Sorry, I can't. I'm seeing some friends."

Well, he got all in a snit and words were said.... Gwenn didn't want to deal with his attitude, so she just left and met us at the restaurant. It was the 'tude that ticked her off.

Suna.ny, I think I'd order from Amazon if I were you.    Laughing
Probably not a bad ide

OH, SUNNY, I SPIT MY COFFEE OUT ON THAT ONE.   lmao lmao lmao lmao  CANNOT EVER ANSWER THAT.

I WILL PROBABLY ORDER ONE MYSELF.  DON'T USUALLY DO THAT, BUT A GIRL'S GOTTA DO WHAT A GIRL'S GOTTA DO.

MICKI--I WAS UPSET ABOUT THE STAGE DOOR THING.  WE HAD AN INCREDIBLE SPOT AND WILL NEVER HAVE THAT AGAIN.  I AM OVER IT.  I WASN'T REAL HAPPY WITH WHAT HE DID, BUT IT IS HIS BUSINESS AND HE CAN DO WHATEVER HE LIKES OR FEELS HE HAS TO DO.  IT IS JUST ANNOYING THAT HE CANCELED THE SD.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1970 on: March 06, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »

SOMEONE HAS BEEN USING THEIR NEWLY DELIVERED TOTE BAGS!!       

lmao   lmao lmao

DITTO

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #1971 on: March 06, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »

I'm not sure anybody else has posted this, but here is the latest on this morning's Times Square explosion.  Here's hoping this was just a random act of violence by some crazy individual.  Paranoid

Explosion hits New York military recruiting center
4 hours ago

NEW YORK (AFP) — A small explosion struck a military recruiting station in New York's Times Square in the early hours of Thursday, causing minor damage and disruption but no injuries, police said.

The blast occurred shortly before 4 am (0900 GMT) and shattered windows and buckled the door of the small booth, a frequent focus of anti-war demonstrations and one of the most public faces of the US military.

Behind the shattered window, the blast exposed a familiar World War I recruitment poster featuring Uncle Sam and the words "I Want You For US Army."

The explosion sparked an immediate and large police response -- one of the legacies of the September 11 attacks six years ago, since when the city has been on a constant and heightened state of alert.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the blast was the result of an improvised explosive device that could have caused serious injury or even proved fatal.

"This was not a particularly sophisticated device, it was a low-order explosive in an ammunition box," readily available in military surplus stores, he told reporters from the scene of the explosion.

He added that while a witness had seen a hooded individual cycling around the station wearing a backpack shortly before the blast, no-one had seen the device being planted or thrown at the recruitment center.

The Department of Homeland Security was swift to say there was no information to suggest an imminent threat to the United States after the blast.

The White House said the explosion "doesn't appear to be terrorism," adding that it was closely following the investigation.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg condemned the attack and said the city would not be intimidated.

"The fact that this appears deliberately directed at the recruiting station insults every one of our brave men and women in uniform stationed around the world fighting to defend our freedoms," he told reporters.

"New York City is back and open for business," he insisted. "This city is safe, the police department has kept the city safe."

"People are going about their business... they are not intimidated. Whoever the coward was that committed this disgraceful act on our city will be found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law," he told reporters.

One witness told CNN television she had felt the blast from the 44th floor of a nearby building.

The scene was closed off to pedestrians for several hours after the blast as forensic teams and bomb squad officers scoured the site. Dozens of emergency vehicles were at the scene, and a police helicopter hovered overhead.

However, traffic was being allowed through Times Square, affectionately known as "the crossroads of the world," and subway services, shortly suspended after the blast, were back to normal, sparing the city rush-hour chaos.

The recruitment station has frequently been the focus of demonstrations protesting US-led military action in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A recruiting center has been on the site since just after World War II, in 1946, although the current structure, a glass building around the size of a tall truck, is its third incarnation.

Bloomberg said the recruiting station was deliberately in an accessible, although exposed, position and there were no plans to change its location.

"The high profile of being in Times Square is exactly what we try to do," he said. "We're pleased to have the recruiting station here."

Last October, a crude bomb exploded outside the Mexican Consulate in New York, shattering windows, while in 2005, two powerful devices exploded outside the British Consulate in Midtown Manhattan, again shattering windows. Both explosions occurred, like Thursday's blast, shortly before 4:00 am.

OH MY....SOUNDS LIKE BERKLEY CA.....THEY PROTESTED AND SHUT DOWN A MARINE RECRUITING OFFICE THERE ALSO A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.....PROTESTED INSTEAD OF EXPLOSIVES.....SOUNDS LIKE THE CALIF RADICALS HAVE MORE SENSE.......
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1972 on: March 06, 2008, 12:42:26 PM »

THIS MADE MY DAY FOR MANY, MANY REASONS.  FROM PALYBRILLER AT THE CH:

broadway .com Interview with Hannah Waddington
Snippets
Quote:

A self-described “complete geek” about all things Monty Python, Waddingham was taken aback during rehearsals for the London production when Eric Idle pulled her aside to help revise “The Diva's Lament,” her big Act Two number. “There's a line about the Tony Awards that doesn't mean anything in England, and he said, ‘We need to change this a little.' I thought, ‘Oh my god, I'm rewriting lines with Eric Idle!'" Adding to her excitement was appearing opposite Tim Curry as King Arthur. “He and Carol Burnett and Bernadette Peters singing ‘Easy Street' in the film Annie was the reason I wanted to do song and dance,” she says now. “It was unbelievable to work with him.”<snip>
Broadway, Here I Come: At last year's Olivier Awards ceremony, the Spamalot producers asked Waddingham if she'd be interested in appearing in the Broadway production. She was a step ahead of them: “When I took the role in London, I thought, ‘If anything is going to get me to Broadway, it's this, if I do it right.' Broadway is musical theater mecca; it's what I've worked toward all my life.” By the time Waddingham's visa came through, her debut was set to coincide with Clay Aiken's as Sir Robin. “He's a triumph in the show,” she says of the American Idol runner-up. “His accent is flawless and his voice is beautiful. In fact, I said to him, ‘You must get this all the time, but I'm your colleague now, so can I have one of your CDs please?'” As for herself, “Coming out of that floor [as the Lady of the Lake] and thinking, ‘I'm on Broadway,' is everything I dreamed it would be.”

SHE IS MEGA TALENTED.  I SAW THE SHOW WITH HER AND WITHOUT HER.  MAJOR DIFFERENCE.  AND CLAY GOT TO HER.  ANOTHER ONE FALLS. 

A TRIUMPH.  THIS IS BEYOND........

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
« Reply #1973 on: March 06, 2008, 01:41:50 PM »

Snippets
Quote:

A self-described “complete geek” about all things Monty Python, Waddingham was taken aback during rehearsals for the London production when Eric Idle pulled her aside to help revise “The Diva's Lament,” her big Act Two number. “There's a line about the Tony Awards that doesn't mean anything in England, and he said, ‘We need to change this a little.' I thought, ‘Oh my god, I'm rewriting lines with Eric Idle!'" Adding to her excitement was appearing opposite Tim Curry as King Arthur. “He and Carol Burnett and Bernadette Peters singing ‘Easy Street' in the film Annie was the reason I wanted to do song and dance,” she says now. “It was unbelievable to work with him.”<snip>
Broadway, Here I Come: At last year's Olivier Awards ceremony, the Spamalot producers asked Waddingham if she'd be interested in appearing in the Broadway production. She was a step ahead of them: “When I took the role in London, I thought, ‘If anything is going to get me to Broadway, it's this, if I do it right.' Broadway is musical theater mecca; it's what I've worked toward all my life.” By the time Waddingham's visa came through, her debut was set to coincide with Clay Aiken's as Sir Robin. “He's a triumph in the show,” she says of the American Idol runner-up. “His accent is flawless and his voice is beautiful. In fact, I said to him, ‘You must get this all the time, but I'm your colleague now, so can I have one of your CDs please?'” As for herself, “Coming out of that floor [as the Lady of the Lake] and thinking, ‘I'm on Broadway,' is everything I dreamed it would be.”

SHE IS MEGA TALENTED.  I SAW THE SHOW WITH HER AND WITHOUT HER.  MAJOR DIFFERENCE.  AND CLAY GOT TO HER.  ANOTHER ONE FALLS. 

GWENN

I am beyond verklempt over this.  I hope this gets circulated even beyond the Broadway circles! 
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1974 on: March 06, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »

Okay, which one of you is mailing Clay your undies?

*scroll down toward the very bottom on the left side* People

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
franniek54
« Reply #1975 on: March 06, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »

Snippets
Quote:

GWENN

I am beyond verklempt over this.  I hope this gets circulated even beyond the Broadway circles! 

Can't she just buy a CD?  shrug
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1976 on: March 06, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

pick me pick me pick me

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1977 on: March 06, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »

pick me pick me pick me

I knew! it! That's where that thong went that we thought the mail man was wearing.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1978 on: March 06, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »

pick me pick me pick me

ROFLMAO

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1979 on: March 06, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »

pick me pick me pick me

I knew! it! That's where that thong went that we thought the mail man was wearing.

bigsmile you knew I'd jump all over that didn't you Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx