gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 432
Total: 432

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 22 :: What a Difference a Clay Makes  (Read 190817 times)
ILClaymate
« on: January 24, 2008, 10:11:44 AM »

Welcome to Critical Mass number 22.  This is the official Clay discussion thread at Claymaniacs.com. 

To that end, please include Clay content in your posts. News, articles, links to pictures, thoughts, opinions or anything that encourages conversation is welcome.  Personal conversation should take place in our community threads. 

Antagonistic or adversarial comments are not allowed. State your opinion then move on. Please also note that you are free to scroll through posts which do not interest you.

An opinion that differs from your own is not a personal attack on you.  A negative opinion is not a personal attack on Clay.

This is a linear style thread, in that several topics may be discussed in this single thread, sometimes all at once.  All rules and guidelines referenced in the Forum Info section apply here.  This is an all ages thread, so please insure content is appropriate.

In order to keep the tone conversational, please don't post pictures in this thread, post the links instead.

All previous threads will be archived in the "Archives - Critical Mass" forum.

Thanks and have fun!
ILClaymate
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:55:19 AM »

I just watched the Mike and Juliet segment on the homepage of their website, MANDJSHOW.COM.  I personally thought it was a cute interview.  Even though it was short, my guess is they had to squeeze him in to this show and maybe even The View and thats why the interviews were brief.  I'm not complaining...it keeps him out there in the public which is a good thing. 

And am I the only one that likes the straight, blond hair?  Paranoid  IMO, it does make him look younger to me.  I think its a good look for a young, pop star
ILClaymate
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »

Since I'm talking to myself Laughing for those who didn't know, Clay was also on WPIX-New York on their Morning Show today.  You can watch that interview also on their website at CW11.COM.  I haven't watched it yet, but I heard its a longer interview than M&J was.
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »

Angela!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the link to the M & J show, it is not on our TV here so thank heavens for people like you!!!!!

It was a short interview but he was cute and looks like he is having a great time.  I love the blonde hair but I agree with Gwenn, he should leave the product out of it, he looks better at the stage door after Spamalot than when he has been on these TV shows.  But we will take him anyway we can get him.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 12:31:05 PM »

I POSTED LINKS TO CW11 ON THE ANN EARLIER TODAY. ITS REALLY A CUTE INTERVIEW.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »

The dancing is kicking his butt. Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 12:52:17 PM »

Here is an abc radio interview with Clay that is on their website. Its about Spamalot, the album, and of course, AI- but its more involved and the woman lets Clay talk.

Go to the middle and click on Clay Aiken Spamalot stint.

ABC NEWS GO

There are other older Clay videos/interviews there.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »

The dancing is kicking his butt. Laughing

Ah, but won't it be more nicely rounded with all that exercise? Thud!

I mean, truthfully, tell me what muscles he is developing (but slowly, so that I don't pass out during the answer) ROFLMAO

lmatheson
Claymation

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

the CW11 interview  & M&J  were both Fun to me . I know it was short but hey , Clay could be on all day and it would still be short for me . And the hair is great  blue black or red as long as it's Clay. Thanks for posting the CW11 interview . You guys are very thoughtful.' Love Claymaniacs. My husband said if not for the Claymates, Clay won't be as popular... and I said that's why critics and others attack claymates as rabid and crazy but I'm sure they wish they are the object of our affection. Ha Ha.!!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 12:59:06 PM »

Just slightly off topic, since I will be using this during any Claytrekking, but........

My sister bought me a Tom Tom GPS for Christmas. Now of course I don't need to travel off the Island, but I have been playing with it, setting it up, getting used to using it.

Well, my GPS is Tim, and he has a British accent-upper class. So, when he gives me directions, I immediately think of Clay doing Sir Robin. 
The display even tells me if I am going north, south, east, west and tells me my SPEED!!

And if I take a different route- he doesnt say "recalculating" like the other biab's do-he just gives me different directions. I LOVE HIM!!

Maybe I will name him Robin instead!!

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »

My husband said if not for the Claymates, Clay won't be as popular... and I said that's why critics and others attack claymates as rabid and crazy but I'm sure they wish they are the object of our affection. Ha Ha.!!!!

I want to address this- not against your husband, but against this whole idea. Claymates and the REST OF US fans are definitely what makes Clay popular. Isnt that what being a fan of someone does? U2 wouldnt be popular without their fans either, because they are the ones that buy the CD and concert tickets, etc. Why is it that Clay fans are singled out? EVERY SINGLE STAR has their fan base, and thats what makes them stand out as stars. Where would ANY of them be if no one went to their shows, watched them on TV, bought their music, read their books?
This singling out of the fans is really making me angry. We are not ALL CLAYMATES but we are fans of Clay. And our part is to support him in his endeavors, as all fan bases do. I am really tired of these reporters making the fans the story.

OK I am off my rant box (for now)

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 01:15:12 PM »

I mean, truthfully, tell me what muscles he is developing (but slowly, so that I don't pass out during the answer) ROFLMAO
Well, for the dance from Fiddler alone, he's working the heck out of his quads (front of thighs), adductors (inner thighs), hamstrings (back of thighs), and gluts. And abs, which keep him from falling over. Wink

But if he's never really "moved" before, he's probably sore all over!

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »

I want to address this- not against your husband, but against this whole idea. Claymates and the REST OF US fans are definitely what makes Clay popular. Isnt that what being a fan of someone does? U2 wouldnt be popular without their fans either, because they are the ones that buy the CD and concert tickets, etc.
Thank you for saying what I was about to. 

This singling out of the fans is really making me angry. We are not ALL CLAYMATES but we are fans of Clay.
It doesn't help that, in every interview he does, the host says, "Oh, look at all the CLAYMATES here!" They use it as a generic term for "fans of Clay." We, on the other hand, use it to refer to what Clay politely calls his "very enthusiastic" fans--the screamers, the panty-throwers, the ones who don't think it's necessary to conduct themselves appropriately in public.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

Well, for the dance from Fiddler alone, he's working the heck out of his quads (front of thighs), adductors (inner thighs), hamstrings (back of thighs), and gluts. And abs, which keep him from falling over. Wink

But if he's never really "moved" before, he's probably sore all over!

<fans self, enthusiastically>
So essentially, after 15 weeks of 8 shows, there will definitely be a difference in the abs, glutes, thighs <oh, dear Lord, help me!!> and all that other lovely stuff????
This boy will be TONED???? arrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh- I am toast!!!!

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 01:48:16 PM »

I THOUGHT THEY WERE BOTH CUTE WHAT WAS P.H. DOING ON THE SHOW I CRINGED WHEN I SAW HIM.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
ILClaymate
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 01:57:20 PM »

It doesn't help that, in every interview he does, the host says, "Oh, look at all the CLAYMATES here!" They use it as a generic term for "fans of Clay." We, on the other hand, use it to refer to what Clay politely calls his "very enthusiastic" fans--the screamers, the panty-throwers, the ones who don't think it's necessary to conduct themselves appropriately in public.

Well, I guess I better change my screenname.  Paranoid  Interesting.  I'm not sure who the 'we' is but I never knew that 'claymate' had such a definition as that.  Guess I'm out of the 'loop'.   hypnotic
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »

I don't know that I personally would necessarily classify a Claymate as that, but the media certainly does. There are very few complimentary articles/reports were Claymates are just regular fans like most of us.

I mean, just because I went to  mumblemumble concerts, I wouldn't say I was over the top!!! ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

And truthfully, when I get there I am quiet and respectable, and yes, even shy!! Just ask Clay!! Super Happy!!!

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »

<fans self, enthusiastically>
So essentially, after 15 weeks of 8 shows, there will definitely be a difference in the abs, glutes, thighs <oh, dear Lord, help me!!> and all that other lovely stuff????
This boy will be TONED???? arrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh- I am toast!!!!
He's already got strong abs from singing. But dancer-abs are different from singer-abs. That is, you use the muscles differently. And breathing is "opposite," which is another thing he's probably having to adjust to. Singers take low, deep breaths, whereas dancers take high, shallow breaths.

Yeah, we're shallow people. Laughing

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

I still sent an email to the show thanking them for having Clay on - even though the interview was very short  ( I put the link in the ANN for the M & J show). I don't think I was fanatical  Paranoid - just said thank you. They didn't have to make time for him - he was not the only performer joining the cast of a Broadway show this week - but he was the only one they had on the show!  Clapping bigsmile

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 03:45:48 PM »

Well, I guess I better change my screenname.  Paranoid  Interesting.  I'm not sure who the 'we' is but I never knew that 'claymate' had such a definition as that.  Guess I'm out of the 'loop'.   hypnotic
My dear Clandy,

Please forgive my local bias. And change nothing about yourself. Huggles

Around here (Raleigh), there seems to be a dichotomy among those who like Clay. There are fans, and then there are the Claymates-- who are rather... hardcore in their devotion. hypnotic

They are who I was thinking of when I posted earlier.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx