gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:12:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 419
Total: 419

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Silent Lovers - PG  (Read 2544 times)
K-na
« on: January 15, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

Title:  Silent Lovers
Author: K-na
Rating:   PG
Content Warning:  none
Disclaimer:  I do not have any affiliation with Clay, the story is pure fiction, and I write it for entertainment only and receive no monetary gain or compensation
Author's Note: please comment

She had never heard him sing; never heard him speak, laugh, or tell a joke; she had never even heard him tell her that he loved her, but she knew, and she loved him back, yet she had never told him either. Leah was born completely deaf in both ears. She had never heard a sound in her life. She could speak if she wanted, but she was afraid. She wasn’t sure what would come out. She wouldn’t know anyway. It was his dream to hear her voice. He was sure it was beautiful, just like her, but as much as he begged her to speak, if only to him, she refused. So they continued as they were, using sign, and lip reading, and touch; how she loved his touch. It told her more than any word could possibly express. 

He came into their dark bedroom, lying down next to her as softly as possible. They had, had an argument over the whole speaking issue and she had gone to bed early that night, angry with him for not understanding. This of course made him miserable. He hated to see her upset. As hard as he tried to be quiet, so as not to wake her, he did. She was sensitive to movement. She felt every nudge, every pull of the sheets, every time the bed moved. She even felt when he walked into the room. Most of the time it was a nuisance, but on that night, she longed to be near him. She could never stay angry with him for long.

He came to find her on her side, facing away from him. As he did every night, he wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed the back of her hair softly, holding his lips there until she responded by putting her hand over his. That was their way of saying goodnight. Only on that night, she turned to face him. “Are you okay,” he signed. She answered with a smile, cupping his face with both hands, and laying a soft kiss on his lips.

“I love you,” she answered, laying her hand over her heart.

“I love you too,” he signed “I’m sorry I upset you.”

She shook her head and wrapped her arms around him resting her head on his chest. Very soon she was asleep. He on the other hand couldn’t sleep for hours. So he lay there and held her, memories of their relationship, both good and bad filling his mind. They had met through the foundation; she was working as a teacher for hearing impaired children. They had wanted to keep their relationship only on a friendship basis, but one snowy night in Raleigh, they found themselves making love. It was the first time he had heard her voice; a cry of pleasure, but she refused to speak. After they admitted to themselves that they were in love, they grew closer. She shared with him the pain of not being able to hear, not only the world around her, but her own voice as well. He often wondered what it was like for her, living in a world of silence.

They made do, though. He would never forget the day he came home to find her sitting on the couch, blaring his CD, tears rolling down her face. “I finally figured out a way to listen to your music,” she had told him. “I can’t hear the words,” she signed. “But I feel the emotion.”

“How,” he asked.

“Close your eyes,” she signed. “Once he did so, she took his hand, and rested it against the wall behind them. With every note, he felt a vibration.

“That’s wonderful,” he told her. “But you should know the words too,” For the rest of the night, they sat there, with him signing all of his songs. She never wanted to see him live, though. When he asked her why, she told him that at concerts all she could feel was the vibration of the base; she couldn’t even lip read, because he moved all over the stage. He kept that in mind for his next tour.  He made sure there was a big screen projecting him and that the back up singers were as close as possible. The final tour stop was in Raleigh. After a lot of begging, she agreed to go. He promised her it would be different, and it was. Not only did she catch every word, she caught the four most important ones—will you marry me. On that hot summer night, in front of a sold out auditorium, he went down into the audience and asked for her hand in marriage. The wedding was six months later. That day he was the happiest man on the planet. He didn’t care if she couldn’t hear. In a way she heard and sensed things on a much deeper level than anyone else did.

Lying next to her that night, he thought of all this. He loved her more than anything else. In his eyes, she was perfect. So why did he want her to speak so much? Why did he want her to do something that she felt uncomfortable doing? At that moment, it suddenly became less important to him. What mattered was their love; even if their relationship was different than what most couples shared, their love was unconditional. With that thought he closed his eyes. No matter if their love would one day find a voice, or forever remain silent, he knew it would last forever.

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »

K-na - That story is absolutely beautiful.  I'm touched by it, deeply.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  Amazing.   Clapping

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:51:04 AM »

Oh what a beautiful story! heartbeat Clapping
~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx