gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:50:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Story Challenge #2 Non-Clay Related  (Read 4105 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: January 14, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »

Sorry I'm a couple days late with this one.  Issues ...   

I realize that some of our authors want to write about Clay, and some prefer to go completely creative and make up all their characters - either way is fun!

So with that in mind, I will try to provide both a Clay related challenge and a Non-Clay related challenge.  Feel free to participate in either or both.

This week I borrowed a challenge from a friend's site.  She had such a great turn out, and some of the stories were hysterical.  And, the thing I liked the most, some were quite sad or dark - tear-jerking even.  Seems creativity knows no bounds.

So... Here it is:

The Challenge is to take a minimum of 20 names of popular candy products and insert them in your story.  Easy?  Not as much as you'd think.

Because, see, the CATCH: you cannot refer to them as candy.  Or food.

Please put the names of the candy in ALL CAPS, so they're easier for me to count.   Wink  Such as, "Mary tried to ignore the SNICKERS going around the room from the rest of the NERDS..."

Yeah, it's a good one!

Good luck!!!!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »

It looked like another boring day at Goodbar's Detective Agency until she walked in!  Her CHARMS were evident.  She was gorgeous but she looked distressed.

"'MR. GOODBAR, I'm Ruth HERSHEY.  Sometimes I'm called BABY RUTH because I'm the youngest in my family.  The love of my life has disappeared.  Here, this is a report from the last detective agency I hired,"  Ruth drops the report.  "Sorry, I'm all BUTTERFINGERS today.  That last agency was just a bunch of AIRHEADS.  They called themselves the 3 MUSKETEERS, but they were more like the Three Stooges!!"

As he SKITTLEd through the report, Goodbar thought to himself! "Hmm, the HERSHEY family from FIFTH AVENUE.  This should be one huge PAYDAY.  They are worth a GOLD COIN or two!!"

"Miss HERSHEY, Ruth, you've come to the right agency.  We are RED HOT at solving mysteries and crimes."

"Now where is that PEPPERMIINT?  PATTY, my secretary, is out today!.  OH, HENRY,  come in here and take some notes!"

Ruth began, "It all started when I met this JOLLY RANCHER.  I thought he was the man of my dreams. "

A SNICKER was heard from Henry. 

"You, GOOBER," said Goodbar," just take notes!"

Ruth continued, "Well, he was jolly and he was a rancher;  he raised deer.  And he was especially jolly when he wore his red suit!!  He would shower me with KISSES and I felt like a STARBURST in my heart.  We would sit in his sleigh at night and watch the MILKY WAY with his two cats, Madeline and Morris, or the M & M's as he called them."

"I invited him to my house to meet the family.  But they just acted like NERDS around him.  They said he was too short and didn't like his white beard and hair.  My brother, JUNIOR, (MINTS, anyone, by the way),  said his belly shook like a bowl of JELLY! BEANS were his favorite food and he loved to see DOVES fly in the sky. "

"Ruth," said Goodbar, "I think that if you book a flight to the North Pole, you may find where your JOLLY RANCHER is spending his winters!!

"Oh, Thank you, MR. GOODBAR," gushed Ruth. "You are certainly a LIFE SAVER."

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:50:23 AM »

Whoops!

I had 26 different candy names, but three should be eliminated because they refer partly to food, in a way, so count me at 23! 

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »

Prissy! Another great one! Very creative. 

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 11:34:26 AM »

ROFL!   ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

This was my FAVORITE!!!

"You, GOOBER," said Goodbar," just take notes!"

You rock, Prissy!   Clapping Clapping Clapping

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 07:01:35 AM »

Thanks Michelle and Kris!!

That was really fun to do.  I kind of imagined one of those private eye movies from the 40's with Barbara Stanwick and Fred McMurry!!  I found a list of candy bars and just started writing putting them in where I could.

I thought it would be hard to do but it wasn't really.  It just kind of flowed!  bigsmile

K-na
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »

MR. GOODBAR had just had a very big PAYDAY of 100 GRAND at his job at the office, so he took his wife and daughter on a vacation. MR. GOODBAR wanted to go to the lake, where they could go swimming and fishing, but Mrs. Goodbar was afraid, because their BABY, RUTH Goodbar was too young to swim, and too little to use LIFE SAVERS. So instead, they went to visit Mrs. Goodbar’s sister, YORK PEPERMINT  PATY for their family reunion.

After filling up on gas at M&M gas station, they were on their way. They passed some JOLLY RANCHERS working in a field, and finaly made it to Paty’s home on FIFTH AVENUE where they were all greated with HUGS and KISSES. They first ran into Paty’s twin boys, MIKE AND IKE   who were sitting at a table playing TIC-TAC-Toe. Paty’s neighbors, the RESSES and the TWIZLERS also came over, and her cousin LAFFY TAFFY, with her KITy KAT. Later that night, they had a DJ. The first song he played was the TOOTSIE ROLL durring which Paty started exposing her HOT TAMALIES.    The DJ was so embraced that he started stutering, and said “Get HER-SHEY out of here!” It upset them to hear the SNIKERS, so they went outside to keep her company, and discovered that the sky was so clear, you could almost see to the MILKY WAY. All in all, it was a pleasent night.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx