gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:08:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Story Challenge #1 - Emoties Away!!  (Read 7793 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: January 07, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »

This challenge idea comes from Franniek54.

Write a story, 1 to 3 pages, in which you, the author, meet Clay in a comical or embarrassing situation subsituting smilies and emoties in place of some of the words, as shown in the example from Frannie below.

And somewhere in the story Clay must say, "Don't touch me there!" and "Excuse me, but that is MY hot dog, thank you very much!"

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

And remember to keep it PG!! 

Here's my idea.  Write a story substituting smilies for the appropriate words.  Like this:

Today it is 66 degrees in Chicago!  It feels like it is time to start
But by tonight it will start to .
And tomorrow the temperature will drop and it will be again.    And by tomorrow night we will have .
Once again it will be January in Chicago and time to .

(This is a true story.  Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. Wink)

Get workin', y'all.  I can't WAIT to see what you do with this!!!!  Of course, I'm gonna play, too.    bigsmile

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Eurydice
Claynewbie

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »

Alright, so my friends and I were fruit to our jams at the park,  trying to bigsmile and look  and raise some money. People were  Clapping for us.  But then, who of all people should come along but  library clay! None of us could believe it! THE  smoochies was watching and  along to the music. My friends and I are huge  and we were all like  yay
But then one of us had to  crazy
My best bud  Purple Banana saw  towel in the front of the crowd and began to subtly  wheee her way towards him. And that's when we saw it... library clay had picked up a hot dog from one of the stands  and was Popcorn! it in such a way that some of us went  But before we could stop her,  Purple Banana took a big  Laugh out of his food.
The record scratched and everyone became  . library clay looked at his ruined hot dog, then at Purple Banana , then his hot dog again. "Excuse me," he declared, "but that is MY hot dog, thank you very much!" God, I wanted to take her and  She only made it worse by  pouncy and  bawl -ing "I'm so sorry!"
"Don't touch me there!" library clay retorted as calmly as possible. She had pouncy -ed him from behind and her arms were a little too low...
I did the only thing I could do... I bump her out of the way and proposed, "Our fruit made enough money to pay you back in full." He  Paranoid at  Purple Banana warily so I continued. "Don't worry, she's just some  that wouldn't leave us alone. Why don't we treat you to dinner, Mr. : :bath ?"
"I'd  :heartburst to, but I need to get back to the theater for  Spamalot But thanks for the kind word!" Out of everyone else's sight, he slipped a ticket to his theatre in my jacket pocket and  wave.
wheelz002000
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »

I love this story.  Very unique adventure.  Showed a lot of imagination.  Can't wait to read more from you.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:38:23 PM »

The following story is partly true.  Only a few facts have been changed to make me  Super Happy!!! ! (Actually, I did have a M&G in Frisco, but most of the rest of the story is wishful thinking!)

July 4, Frisco TX!  Yes! it was a hot day in Texas for more than one reason!  Temperature,  and was in town for a theatre that evening.  I had a M&G  yay with   and I was going crazy!!!!

More than anything I wanted to play my in the orchestra with Clay.  I had been on the Phone for weeks before the theatre trying to find out how to get in the orchestra, but doh no luck.  pull hair  Finally, I decided to take my :violin  and just sneak into the orchestra!

wiggle I knew a couple of the players and they put a chair and
 on the stage for me.   I had my :violin in the   so after the M&G, I took my :violin and to the "green room" with the rest of the orchestra. A table was set up with lots of food and drinks, but  there was only one   with mustard, relish, and onions and a single can of  .  I was just about to take a bite of the   when all of a sudden appeared and said,  "Excuse me, but that is MY , thank you very much! And my  ."

I said, "I'm so sorry.  Here let me give you a bite."

said, "Don't touch me there!  Put the   back on the plate! Didn't I just meet you in the M&G?  You are not supposed to be here, are you?"

"Oh yes!  I am part of the orchestra!!" I repLIED!   

"Prove it!  Play that :violin now," he said.

I tuned my :violin all the time thinking, " let me get in his orchestra!!"

Then I  for and he said:   Yes!

My fondest dream came true, and I got to play in the orchestra for   not only in Frisco but also in Houston and Knoxville!! 

wheee :violin  wheee  :violin  wheee  :violin  wheee

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
wheelz002000
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »

Ok....here goes nothing.

Waiting outside at the back of the Shubert Theatre, hoping  that library clay would come out and wave.  I was so hyper that I was 

up and down.  All of a sudden, there stood library clay.  He looked at me Smile and Wink.  I  Thud! out and the next I thing heard

was,

"Darling, you ok?"  As I came to, and realizing where I was I started to blush.  With that cute Smile of his, he  Laughing

He helped me up.  I was so thankful, I gave him a  Huggles.  "Hey, don't touch me there!" Naughty  I stepped back, knowing

what I did and wanted to dissappear.  I wanted so bad to  my head into a wall, but I didn't want the headache.

"I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite of food with me?" he asked.  As we made our way down the street, we stopped

at a hotdog vendor.  He ordered two hotdogs, handing them to me so he could pay the vendor.  I didn't know which one was

mine, so I started to  Popcorn! it.  "Excuse me, that is MY hotdog, thank you very much!"  I looked at him and for his

forgiveness.  "It's ok." he said.  "I'm actually in the mood for a cheeseburger."  I looked at him,  Laughing and tossed the hotdogs in

the trash.  That cheeseburger tasted a lot better than the hotdog.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »

OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!!!!!

yay lmao yay lmao yay lmao yay lmao

You guys ROCK!  I'm literally laughing so hard I'm freakin' crying!!!!

Keep 'em comin', writers!  This is awesome.

I'll toss my hat into the ring as soon as I stop  ROFLMAO lmao Laughing

Oh, y'all made my day!!!  Seriously!  THANK YOU!
   Clapping

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 06:50:03 PM »

These are GREAT y'all!

I am  Super Happy!!! and  ROFLMAO ...... hee!  Eurydice thanks for getting us off to an excellent start!

Prissy, I will never tire of hearing your M&G story, no matter HOW it's written!!  And wheelz, your story made me crack up....

Good work you guys - keep it up!!

Purple Banana wave Purple Banana
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »

This is fun and I'm enjoying the stories.

I did have a M&G in Frisco.  I did talk to Clay about playing in the orchestra.  I did try for weeks to find out what orchestra was playing  in Frisco; (no set "orchestra" but a lot of independent players, I found out later.)  I did know a violinist and a violist in the Frisco "orchestra.".

But......I didn't play in that orchestra nor did I pursue it in Houston and Knoxville.  These two cities had their own city symphonies, I believe.  Frisco was my best bet! Cry!

This animation cracks me up!! ROFLMAO

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
K-na
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

So a friend directed me to this board, and these story chalenges in particular. I've writen allot of fan fiction on CV, so I thought I'd give this a try. This is litererly my first post! Anyway, here goes....

It was a  hot summer day, and I was bored. There was no  theatre that year, so I got a job selling hot dogs in New York, near  Shubert Theatre . Clay had decided to extend his stay in the city to record the new CD, but I wasn't expecting to ever see him out and about. Maybe  Clay dreaming, but not for real. So what happened that  hot summer day was a total  Jaw drop! .

I was sitting there, wishing I had a  big fan, when a tall young man with the best hair I have ever seen on a guy came by with his   dog. He was  hot I must have been staring because he looked at me like I was  crazy "Excuse me, can I have a hot dog please," he asked. All of a sudden, it hit me: I was selling a hot dog to Clay Aiken! I don't know how I managed not to  Thud! on the spot.

My hands shaking, I prepared his hotdog. Ketchup, musturd, and a vitamin water. But as I handed it to him, my clumsiess, struck again, as it always does at the most unapropriate times. Before I could do anything, his  dog went for it. "Excuse me, but that is MY hot dog, thank you very much!" I told him I'd make him a new one, no charge, but just as I said this he let out a  eek! as if he had just seen a  Kitty.

"What's wrong," I asked.

"I just got stung by a bee,"  he complained, holding his hand right on the side of  his neck.

"You aren't alergic, are you," I asked, going through the list of known Aiken alergies in my head;  I love chocolate lotsa coffee, tree nuts, shell fish.....were bees on that list?

"I don't know, I've never been srung before, good gawd it hurts!"

"There's only one way to help that. Let me get the stinger out," I said, reaching for his stinger with my teeth like I had been taught.

"Don't touch me there," he exclaimed. "Especially not like that."

"It's the only way to do it," I told him.

"Well.....okay," he said, looking like he was about to  "But make it quick." As quickly as I could I grabbed on to his broad shoulders, leaned in, and extracted the stinger, stopping only to get a quick sniff, and I must say, even on that  hot day, he smelled heavenly!
franniek54
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 01:38:20 PM »

GREAT stories everybody!   Clapping Clapping  I'll be posting mine later tonight.

Welcome K-na, wheelz and Eurydice   
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 03:48:01 PM »

Love the stories!  Clapping Everyone is doing such a great job.

What a unique idea for a story - to use emoties! Thanks franniek!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
K-na
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »

GREAT stories everybody!   Clapping Clapping  I'll be posting mine later tonight.

Welcome K-na, wheelz and Eurydice   

Thank you!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 06:10:30 PM »

Oh these stories are all hysterical!

They're so great!

I've been told that I must try my hand at it. Giggle. That might be dangerous!

I shall come back with my attempt! bigsmile

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
franniek54
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 08:52:27 PM »

DON’T TOUCH ME WHERE?
                                                               by franniek

Back in July. Angela and I decided to combine a day at Cedar Point with our to Columbus, in order to appease the husbands and sons.  An amusement park is not really our cup of tea, but we’re willing to compromise and strike a deal for

We arrived mid morning. The males dashed to wait in the nearest line, and Angela and I dashed for some breakfast. 

While making our way through the crowds we heard bits of conversations, some excitement voiced by the , some words starting with CL, lots of words starting with J, and an M, an A, and a Q!!!!!  Hearing that Q made the pieces all fit together-- library clay was in the park!!!

Not wanting to appear obnoxious, we kept our cool.  We would go about our business, get our breakfast, and casually  wave to  if our paths should cross.

We decided that the best place to look for a breakfast food stand would be, of course, at the complete opposite end of the park; and if we just happened to see library clay on our way there, well it was fate!  Kizmet!  And who are we to Laughing in the face of Destiny?

So, off we go, me scanning to the left, Angela scanning to the right—for breakfast!   That’s right, breakfast.   Well, we didn’t find any “breakfast”, so when our feet got tired we sat down in front of a hot dog stand called SAM’S.

“Let’s just get a .” I said.

“Let’s do.” agreed Angela.

They had red hots, white hots, Viennas, and sausages.  They had chili dogs, corn dogs, cheese dogs, and slaw dogs.  They had Chicago dogs, Coney Island dogs, Michigan dogs and Tijuana dogs.

I was starting to get  hypnotic and studying that menu, so when I heard a man to my right order, “a hot dog with no bun, please” I decided to do the same.

I had to quickly come up with some to pay Sam, the hot dog man, so I started rooting around in my .

While looking down, an inspirational sight entered my field of vision.  I could only see the jeans at this point but there was no mistaking it was a man.  And a man most generously blessed.

My mind was in a haze, when I heard Sam shout, “Dog, no bun!” and being unable to break my gaze, I blindly lifted my hand up to grab it.

“Excuse me, that is MY , thank you very much.”

“Most impressive,”  I mumbled, still looking down and mesmerized.

“What?”

With that I looked up, only to see the object of my affection—--staring back at me.

“Uh....I’m sorry!”  I stammered, as my were magnetically drawn to his. “I reached for your dog by mistake.”

“That’s what she said!”  Angela friskily chimed in.

“Yeah, that’s what they all say.” chuckled to himself.

Sam rolled his and yelled again, “Another dog, no bun” referring to my order this time.

I was reaching deep into my for when Clay snarked “Where's your bun?”

“Huh?”

“Your bun?”  he said with a frell.  Then I reached deeper still, being dumbfounded and stunned.

Robotically I answered, “I don’t do carbs.”

Together, the three of us walked to the condiment table.

I offered him the .  “Never use it.” he said.

Angela offered him the   “Don’t like it.” he said

The relish?  “Allergic.”

The onions?  “Heartburn.”

“You mean you’re refusing everything we offer you?”

I must darlins, I must.” He said with a  Wink.

“So you like your hotdog nekkid then.”  Angela surmised.

“Come check it out in Capland Park next Friday while I jog.  HA!” 

“And so, where is YOUR bun?”  Coyly, I asked.

“Some things a man can’t reveal.  You’d be ”reachin” for that “by mistake” too, if I told ya.”

“Trust me Clay.  There’ll be NO mistakes made if I ever find your bun.”

He reached for the napkin holder, pulled one out, and dabbed at my chin. “You’re starting to drool honey.” 
Then Angela and I did the same for him.

Shakily Clay spoke up, “You know, Jerome gave me a mantra for times like this. I’m supposed to repeat, “Don’t touch me there!.  Don’t touch me there!  Don’t touch me there!  Don’t touch me there!….”

THE END
K-na
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 09:47:33 AM »

That was the best!  rofl
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »

Laughing ROFL  Laughing

Y'all are KILLIN' me!!!!

I'll be back later with my entry.

And tomorrow, a new challenge, too!  I'm thinking every Saturday would be good for new challenges.

Of course, you can respond to old challenges any time as well.   

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

stilldreaming
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dreamlover

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 12:16:15 AM »

Fran.... that's the most beautiful thing I've ever read.   Super Happy!!!  Clapping   bigsmile

And I'll never look at a hotdog the same way again! 

lmao  lmao  lmao

"Nothing happens unless first a dream...." ~ C. Sandburg
East Coast Posse party coordinator  cheers2
ILClaymate
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »

Great stories everyone!!!  You are all very talented....I wish I was more creative in that area but nada!

Franniek ~ what a witty sidekick you have.    Nice job!   ROFLMAO
franniek54
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »

Fran.... that's the most beautiful thing I've ever read.         

And I'll never look at a hotdog the same way again! 

I'm glad you were so moved Cindy! So you'll never look at a hot dog with disrespect ever again! And probably never jog with one either!

Franniek ~ what a witty sidekick you have.

Don't I tho?  My sidekick only needs a little encouragement to come out of her shell. 

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx