gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 245
Total: 245

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION WRITERS!!!  (Read 3292 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: January 07, 2008, 08:55:50 AM »

I know we have a lot of aspiring authors here at Claymaniacs, but it's always a challenge to get activities going on the forum.

I used to run a story group and we had story challenges every month, or every week, whatever we wanted.  Basically what it entails is someone putting forth a challenge that gives the parameters for a story (for example; write a well known story from the point of view of a different character - like Kandise's story about Peter Pan written from Tinkerbell's perspective - or write a story without using the letter R (that's very challenging but funny, by the way). 

One time I was challenged to write a serious, dark story with the cheesy title Sexual Chocolate.  You wouldn't BELIEVE what I came up with.   ROFLMAO

Another challenge I had was to write an all-dialouge story.  Nothing but character dialouge, like a script.  It turned out pretty funny.

Is anyone here interested in short story challenges?  I will be happy to start them!

But only if we have writers who want to participate.

Well ... chime in!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

cinpii
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »

Hi!  Ok, I'm a complete newbie, (so I'm sorry if I double post, hahah) but you got me pumped about story challenges.  I love to write stories.  Yes, definitely come up with some challenges.  I can't promise that I'll be able to deliver, but I'll sure try my hand at it. 

Questions:

- Can the story be about anything?  Any characters at all?  Does it have to be Clay related, or it can be about something/someone else?  (aka: Can it be fanfiction?)

- How long does the story have to be?

- Are chaptered stories ok, or are we aiming at one shots? 

- Is it ok to post our stories in other places?  Or is it exclusively here?

You can tell that I'm really jazzed, right?  ^o^
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »

Ha ha!     I'm glad you're jazzed!

As for your questions:

- Can the story be about anything?  Any characters at all?  Does it have to be Clay related, or it can be about something/someone else?  (aka: Can it be fanfiction?)

The stories can be about anything, as long as they stay PG and follow the fanfiction rules posted in the Fun Stuff Lounge.  We can do some fun stuff with Clay, and some fun stuff that has nothing to do with Clay.  The story challenges will be varied and FUN.

If you already have stories written, about Clay or anything else, that you'd like to share with us, you're welcome to post them in the Fun Stuff Lounge, just be sure to read the rules first.

- How long does the story have to be?

That depends on the challenge!   bigsmile  Some will be short, some can be longer.  It just depends on what the challenge is.

- Are chaptered stories ok, or are we aiming at one shots? 

Chaptered stories are welcome on the Fun Stuff Lounge, and in the Adult Playground as well for NC-17 stories.  Most story challenges will usually call for a shorter story just so that more people will be able to participate.  Chaptered stories are very time consuming for the author, as you probably already know.

So the story challenges will probably be mostly short or one shot stories.  But that doesn't mean you can't post multi-chapter stories on the board.  You certainly can.

- Is it ok to post our stories in other places?  Or is it exclusively here?

All stories must be posted in the Fun Stuff Lounge except for adult content stories, which can only be posted in the Adult Playground.  You must be 18 to enter the Adult Playground, and if you don't have access to it already you just have to PM an administrator (Pamela, ClayMaine-iac or ILClaymate) to request access.

Please read the fanfiction rules at the link below.  They will answer a lot of questions.

Fanfiction Rules

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:04:19 PM »

The first story challenge has been issued.  Check it out in the Fun Stuff Lounge!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx