gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 386
Total: 386

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION WRITERS!!!  (Read 5509 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: January 07, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »

I know we have a lot of aspiring authors here at Claymaniacs, but it's always a challenge to get activities going on the forum.

I used to run a story group and we had story challenges every month, or every week, whatever we wanted.  Basically what it entails is someone putting forth a challenge that gives the parameters for a story (for example; write a well known story from the point of view of a different character - like Kandise's story about Peter Pan written from Tinkerbell's perspective - or write a story without using the letter R (that's very challenging but funny, by the way). 

One time I was challenged to write a serious, dark story with the cheesy title Sexual Chocolate.  You wouldn't BELIEVE what I came up with.   ROFLMAO

Another challenge I had was to write an all-dialouge story.  Nothing but character dialouge, like a script.  It turned out pretty funny.

Is anyone here interested in short story challenges?  I will be happy to start them!

But only if we have writers who want to participate.

Well ... chime in!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »

It might be fun, .................but I cannot compete with your prowess, Lady C!!  (writing, that is  Laughing)

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Rayline
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 10:15:42 AM »

-comes out of hiding- I like that idea. :D

It's been ages since I posted here btw. lmao. Last post I wrote before this one was posted on June 05, 2007, 07:15:04 AM.
 lmao
franniek54
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »

Well, I might give it a try, because..................I have nothing else to do, right?  shrug

Oh, let's just be honest...........I like distractions from RL.   There!  I said it.

Here's my idea.  Write a story substituting smilies for the appropriate words.  Like this:

Today it is 66 degrees in Chicago!  It feels like it is time to start
But by tonight it will start to .
And tomorrow the temperature will drop and it will be again.    And by tomorrow night we will have .
Once again it will be January in Chicago and time to .

(This is a true story.  Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. Wink)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »

It might be fun, .................but I cannot compete with your prowess, Lady C!!  (writing, that is  Laughing)

Ha ha!!   Laughing  Silly Marilyn.  Flattery will get you ... well, anything you want.   Laugh

Frannie - That's a great one!  I love it!  Especially since I'm the well known Claymaniacs   I think that would be a fun one to start out with!  Let's do it.  I'll start a thread.

Everyone please read through the
FanfictionRules

Cinpii had some good questions posted in the Fun Stuff forum.  I'm bringing the questions and my answers here in case anyone else has the same questions.

- Can the story be about anything?  Any characters at all?  Does it have to be Clay related, or it can be about something/someone else?  (aka: Can it be fanfiction?)

The stories can be about anything, as long as they stay PG and follow the fanfiction rules posted in the Fun Stuff Lounge.  We can do some fun stuff with Clay, and some fun stuff that has nothing to do with Clay.  The story challenges will be varied and FUN.

If you already have stories written, about Clay or anything else, that you'd like to share with us, you're welcome to post them in the Fun Stuff Lounge, just be sure to read the rules first.

- How long does the story have to be?

That depends on the challenge!   bigsmile  Some will be short, some can be longer.  It just depends on what the challenge is.

- Are chaptered stories ok, or are we aiming at one shots? 

Chaptered stories are welcome on the Fun Stuff Lounge, and in the Adult Playground as well for NC-17 stories.  Most story challenges will usually call for a shorter story just so that more people will be able to participate.  Chaptered stories are very time consuming for the author, as you probably already know.

So the story challenges will probably be mostly short or one shot stories.  But that doesn't mean you can't post multi-chapter stories on the board.  You certainly can.

- Is it ok to post our stories in other places?  Or is it exclusively here?

All stories must be posted in the Fun Stuff Lounge except for adult content stories, which can only be posted in the Adult Playground.  You must be 18 to enter the Adult Playground, and if you don't have access to it already you just have to PM an administrator (Pamela, ClayMaine-iac or ILClaymate) to request access.

Please read the fanfiction rules at the link below.  They will answer a lot of questions.

Fanfiction Rules

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

SHKA2228
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »

Definitely.!  Count me in.  I would do it.  I belong to a few writers' clubs, It will be fun

wheelz002000
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »

Hi all!  I'm sort of new to this forum.  I enjoy reading and also writing fanfic.  I've tried several times on other boards and have gotten wonderful feedback.  I look forward to writing some more.  With these story challenges, it will allow my mind to flow.  Throw me a challenge and I will produce a story.     hello
writer365
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »

Kris, I'm all for it. I haven't checked in much, but I'm always looking to work on my writing skills! ....I'll have to start stopping by more.
ClayAlicious
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 01:45:35 AM »

I'm fairly new here...and I would love to join in on the fun.  I've been writing FanFiction for a while now....as a matter of fact, I'm working on one about Clay. 

Let me know when and what I need to do.

annie/ClayAlicious
Clay dreaming library clay
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »

Let me know when and what I need to do.

annie/ClayAlicious
Clay dreaming library clay

Welcome to Claymaniacs!  Just read the Fanfiction rules in the link below and jump right in!  If you have any specific questions, you can PM me by clicking the little green icon under my avatar.   Wink  I'd be happy to help you with whatever you need.

wheelz002000   - Same goes for you.  Welcome aboard.  Jump right in, the water's nice and warm.  And I just have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your avatar.  Angel ...  goo hot   I'm a huge David Boreanaz fan.  Buffy fan, too!  There are quite a few Buffy fans here actually.  If you have Buffy stories, or any stories you want to share, just read through the fanfic rules and then feel welcome to post them!

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a Private Message, or ask me here! 

Everyone, I look forward to reading your stuff!

And there is a Story Challenge thread up in the Fun Stuff Lounge.  Come on over and play!
   bigsmile

CLICK HERE TO READ FANFIC RULES

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

K-na
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 06:35:21 PM »

Hi, a friend told me about this thread, so I decided to register, and try it out. I love to write. I've writen some very steamy Clay fan fics, but I can also do pg13. Give me the chalenge and I'll see what I can do.
~K-ma
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 06:45:56 PM »

Welcome K-na!

Steamy fic you say?     Lady C can hook you up on a place to post that as well....just ask!  Assuming you are over 18 that is! Wink

I'm loving what's been written so far, keep it up!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx