gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 4  (Read 2310 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: January 04, 2008, 04:32:15 AM »

Please note, this is a pre-release sale. Clay Aiken's first performance in "Monty Python's Spamalot" is Friday, January 18th. The Spamalot Playbill featuring Clay Aiken in the production credits will ship the week of January 21st via USPS. PlaybillStore.com does not ship outside of the USA.

By popular demand, PlaybillStore.com is pleased to make the Spamalot Playbill featuring Clay Aiken in the production credits available to his fans who will not be able to attend the Broadway show at the Shubert Theatre in New York City; or who want to have more than the one copy audience members receive at each performance for their collections or to send to a friend.

Inside the Playbill you'll find Clay Aiken billed on the title page of the production credits section. In the production credits section you'll find Clay's headshot, along with the headshots of the other cast members, as well as his bio and the bios of the rest of the cast and the production team.
The Spamalot Playbill featuring Clay Aiken in the credits is guaranteed authentic, sealed in a custom fitted vinyl bag, and mailed in protective packaging. Shipping and handling are included in the purchase price. PlaybillStore.com does not ship outside the USA.
PLAYBILL

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 04:35:01 AM »

Clay Aiken and UNICEF, helping children everywhere

Progress: 110%
Raised: $ 109800     Goal: $ 100000

UNICEFUSA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:45:29 AM »

Clay's page on Yahoo Music has the holiday spirit:

1. The Way
2. Mary, Did You Know LYRICS
3. O, Holy Night 
4. Invisible
5. Medley: Hark The Heral... 

YAHOOMUSIC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 04:49:29 AM »

Here's a chance to see a little Spamalot video on you tube:

Clay Aiken Gets Medieval
Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 3:30AM
Former "American Idol" favorite Clay Aiken will make his Broadway debut early next year when he joins the cast of the Tony Award-winning musical "Monty Python's Spamalot" at the Shubert Theatre in New York City.
 Aiken is stepping into the role of Sir Robin, which was originated by David Hyde Pierce, for a run that begins January 18 and wraps May 4.
 Tickets are available at www.telecharge.com.
 The thoroughly irreverent "Spamalot" has a book written by Python member Eric Idle that was "lovingly ripped-off" from the screenplay of the cult favorite, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."
 The film, which hilariously details King Arthur's quest for the Holy Grail, was written by and starred all six Pythons - Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin.
 For the unitiated, here's Sara Ramirez ("Grey's Anatomy") delivering one of the songs from "Spamalot" that won her a Tony Award at the 2005 awards ceremony.

POLLSTAR
*video at link*

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 04:52:30 AM »

Ruben ain't misbehavin' on the road
Ruben appears to be the latest Idol to venture into the theater realm, according to a story from singersroom.com. (Predecessors in the field of course include Fantasia, Diana, Constantine and Ruben's runner-up, Clay.) Ruben will be appearing in a road company of the 1978 Broadway hit Ain't Misbehavin' (based on piano great Fats Waller's music), co-starring with none other than quasi-former Idol Frenchie Davis. No dates set, but it's aiming to span 2008 and '09.

If the widespread reports of Ruben's being dropped from J Records over the holidays are true (and I haven't seen any denials), he would be the first winning Idol to lose his record deal. (Though I wonder if Taylor will retain his or go the Bo Bice indie route after one album.) Runner-ups haven't fared so well, with Justin, Bo and Diana all departed from the BMG family

USATODAYBLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 05:00:36 AM »

Top Christian Catalog Albums

MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE

Clay Aiken

Chart Listing For The Week Of Dec 31 2007:

BILLBOARD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 05:05:02 AM »

American Idol Poll
Who have you enjoyed most on Broadway?

Amy Adams
Fantasia
Clay Aiken
LaToya London
Constantine Maroulis

Current results:
Total Votes: 8923
Who have you enjoyed most on Broadway?

Amy Adams 0%
Fantasia 4%
Clay Aiken 10%
LaToya London 0%
Constantine Maroulis 85%

AMERICANIDOL.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 05:08:37 AM »

Reminder:

Golfing for Inclusion Auction Items

On January 7, 2008, The Bubel/Aiken Foundation will host its first annual Golfing for Inclusion tournament at Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. For more information, go to our Golf Page here.

Bidding Deadline: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 8 pm Eastern 

TBAF

Clay "is" the "News"
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 06:53:04 AM »

Good morning!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the news and links, Deanna!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 07:14:32 AM »

Thanks for the news, Deanna!!!  Huggles
I'm glad to know I can order a playbill even though I cannot attend the play itself this year.   Cry!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 07:47:57 AM »

Ruben ain't misbehavin' on the road
Ruben appears to be the latest Idol to venture into the theater realm, according to a story from singersroom.com. (Predecessors in the field of course include Fantasia, Diana, Constantine and Ruben's runner-up, Clay.) Ruben will be appearing in a road company of the 1978 Broadway hit Ain't Misbehavin' (based on piano great Fats Waller's music), co-starring with none other than quasi-former Idol Frenchie Davis. No dates set, but it's aiming to span 2008 and '09.

If the widespread reports of Ruben's being dropped from J Records over the holidays are true (and I haven't seen any denials), he would be the first winning Idol to lose his record deal. (Though I wonder if Taylor will retain his or go the Bo Bice indie route after one album.) Runner-ups haven't fared so well, with Justin, Bo and Diana all departed from the BMG family

USATODAYBLOG

I DID READ THAT TAYLOR WAS DROPPED ALSO.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »

Clay Aiken Christmas special 2007 was …….really special.

IdolHeadEd writes
Although I missed the first 10 minutes or so, what I saw was way better than his last NBC special and well worth an article. It doesn’t hurt that I like ice skating as well as Clay’s singing.

It’s possible this was on NBC earlier this month and I just missed it. I have preoccupied with another website and have neglected this one a little. Anyway, I saw it New Year’s Eve on Universal HD; a satellite station. This is NBC’s HD rerun station. If NBC ever aired it in hi def, you can see it here. If you don’t have HDTV, it’s doubtful that you would be getting this channel.  I have archived this special to DVD because it was that good.

My wife and I were always Clay fans and despite the recent negative press heaved upon him we still remain supporters and fans. So I was very eager to see what this show had in store for us. Unfortunately my wife will have to watch it on the DVR because she is stuck in upstate NY. She will be glad I recorded it. I know I am.

I tried to see if I could find this on the NBC or Universal HD website so I could at least see the part I missed but could not find it. So I’ll just review what I saw with Clay and skip the skating to canned music parts.

This was officially titled “The Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice”. Universal titled it “Holiday Celebration with Clay Aiken”. It’s no surprise they chose to title it this way to capture a wider audience. I captured me. It was hosted by Tracey Wilson and Brian Boitano.

Before we hear the first Clay number, we find out in an interview that this is the first time Clay has seen professional Ice skaters live. Maybe he meant these particular Ice skaters. I know the Ice Capades went through Raleigh sometime in his childhood. We also found out that he was nervous for the skaters when they practiced together for the first time.

Todd Eldridge is the first skater I saw Clay sing with. I know it wasn’t the first in the show because in his interview vignette, I saw him singing “Don’t Save it All for Christmas Day” with Shae-Lynn Bourne. Sorry I missed that but I’m going to give it a 10 because you know it had to be. Anyway, I’m not really into guy skaters but with Clay’s magical take on a song I’ve never heard I think called “All is Well”. It was a sight to behold. As Clay belted out those high notes the crowd rose to their feet with thunderous applause. I knew this was not going to be my grandma’s Christmas special. Fantastic! I hope this song is on Clay’s next Christmas CD.   

Next up would be my favorite singer/skater combination I could ever imagine; Sasha Cohen and Clay. Singing “The Christmas Song” to Sasha’s beautiful movement on the ice was mesmerizing.  As she skated with perfection Clay sang with perfection. It was one wonderful performance and the crowd again agrees with a standing ovation. Me too. It couldn’t get any better.

Next up was Philippe Candeloro be bopping to Clay’s peppy rendition of “Sleigh Ride”. With more athletic moves than Todd, Philippe made it more entertaining for me. Clay of course was great. He got as much camera time as Philippe.

Next Clay sings another of my favorites from his Christmas CD, “Merry Christmas With Love” to the skating of married duo, Jenni Meno and Todd Sand. This was so touching. It’s a great thing to hear Clay sing this classic by himself but the added visuals of this couple skating was something I can not describe adequately. We actually see Jenni and Todd afterwards with their two kids and it adds an even more of an emotional touch. Just beautiful!

We then get to see a short vignette on Clay’s trip to Uganda through UNICEF. Clay looked quite different sporting a beard.

We are now treated to a second helping of Clay and Sasha and this one is even better if that’s possible. Singing “Winter Wonderland”, Clay and Sasha give this classic new life. It seems to me that Clay and Sasha were best of friend during this show. She gave him the most attention as he did her. I’m thinking she has to be a Clay fan. I’m also thinking Clay, like the Idolhead, is a Sasha fan. Together they made this show a winter wonderland. Another one for the vault.   

The show ends with Clay singing another of my favorites from his Christmas CD “What are you Doing New Year’s Eve? At this point I think to myself that Clay must have read my review of his CD because he did all but one of my favorites from the CD. Clay, Idolhead fan? Hmmmm....With the entire skating cast spilling onto the floor Clay gives another stellar performance. Blending some brilliant choreography with Clay’s vocals, all the skaters shined. With one last gesture, Sasha glides up to Clay and delivers a pair of ice skates as to say thank you. The rest of the skaters do their encore skate as Clay exits the stage with gift in hand. Upon his return to the ice, skates on, he is flanked by Sasha and Surya Bonaly. More for physical than moral support I suspect. As Clay said earlier in an interview, he won't be in the Ice Capades anytime soon.

As I watched this show I felt I was witnessing Clay’s emergence as this generation’s Robert Goulet. His style does not really have a place in Pop music but much more suited to Adult Contemporary. He could easily host a musical variety show of his own on TV. But I feel he would do very well in Las Vegas. But for now his next stop is the Great White Way in his first Broadway musical “Spamalot”. I will be back in NY the beginning of February and will stop in on Clay and bring back my personal review of his performance.  Be looking for it.

No matter it doesn’t look like Clay will be fading away anytime soon much to his critics and detractors dismay. Especially if I and his fervent fans have anything to say about it. And when my wife gets home, I’ll have an extra Christmas present for her.

Idolhead Ed

IDOLHEADED.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »

Clay Aiken's Mexico visit and appeal a success
Congratulations to everyone who participated in UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken's holiday challenge--once again you have amazed us and surpassed our goal of raising $100,000 to help the children of Mexico. Thank you so much for sharing the true spirit of the holiday season with children who need it the most.

We're putting together Clay's Mexico Holiday Photo Album now -- in the meantime, here is one photograph we wanted to share with you to start off the New Year -- faces of two of the people your generous gifts are going to help.

From all of us here at UNICEF, a great big thank you and best wishes to you and your loved ones for the happiest of new years!

FIELDNOTES.UNICEFUSA

Clay "is" the "News"
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx