gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:42:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 354
Total: 354

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 28  (Read 1814 times)
ILClaymate
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »

Rock, pop and doo-wop: Sedaka's back

<snip>
Also this year, he was honored at the Lincoln Center for his 50 years as an entertainer at a show that included live performances by David Foster, Connie Francis, Natalie Cole, Paul Shaffer, Clay Aiken and The Captain and Tennille, during which time Toni Tennille said, "Without Neil, there would be no Captain and Tennile."

The same could be said of a lot of singers, including Aiken, a former "American Idol" star.

Sedaka said the show is helping the resurgence of popularity in melodic songs.

"I called one of the staff programers directly and said 'Hi, this is Neil Sedaka,' " he said. " 'I watch the show all the time, and I'd like to be a judge.' And she said, 'Is this a joke? Is this really Neil Sedaka?' She called me back a couple of hours later and said 'You're on in two weeks and the five finalists will be doing Neil Sedaka songs.' "

Aiken performed "Solitaire," which was made into a single that sold 400,000 copies.

TAHOEDAILYTRIBUNE.COM
ILClaymate
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 10:49:05 PM »

Clay Aiken and UNICEF, helping children everywhere

Over the holidays, UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken will be visiting UNICEF projects for children affected by Mexico's worst flooding in 50 years.

Help Clay raise $100,000 by December 31 to help the children of Mexico

PROGRESS TO DATE 

Progress: 63%
Raised: $ 63005     Goal: $ 100000

UNICEFUSA.ORG - click here to donate now!
ILClaymate
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »

Posted by pearlgjr at the CB:

A Clay Question was just on Jeopardy today - 12/27/07

A daily double question, the eventual winner made it a true 'daily double' (and got it right)

Paraphrasing:
what 18-- Tennesse politician who ran for the presidency lost to Ruben Studdard on American Idol.

Answer: Henry Clay Aiken
ILClaymate
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58:15 PM »

Christmas Thoughts

We had a nice Christmas at my sister-in-law’s house. Just the five of us listening to some CDs and talking away. Then after our dinner we all went to bed early. On the way to her house, I heard a song on the car radio that captivated me? Mary Did You Know? It was a haunting rendition of a song that has been done many times since it was written in 1984. This voice was dark and mysterious, something like Alison Moyet in her prime. I searched through different versions of the song and discovered it was actually sung by a man called Clay Aiken. What a haunting voice and a delight to listen to! He was a finalist on American Idol in 2003. As I don’t watch these TV shows, I really missed out on something there

ECHOESACROSSTIME.BLOGSPOT
ILClaymate
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 11:00:31 PM »

Oh Yeah...Christmas

<snip>
We opened presents in-between each of Clay Aiken's performances on Holiday Stars on Ice. (My mother LOVES Clay Aiken.)

DFLORES415.BLOGSPOT
ILClaymate
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:06:01 PM »

Ice Network behind the scenes at Holiday on Ice video

ICENETWORK.COM
ILClaymate
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 11:07:49 PM »

wave Happy Friday all!  I hope that will get you all started.  I'll see if I can find anymore in the morning.

Have a great day! 
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 04:07:11 AM »

Thanks Clandy!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »

Thanks for the news Ang!!!!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »

wave Hey Jayne and Debbie!

Here's a new update on our board donation for TBAF for Clay's Spamalot opening:

Hey all!  wave

Thanks to your generosity, we have collected over $550 so far!  As Clandy said, stay tuned for more exciting news coming after the first of the year.  We will have a raffle for a couple of very special items -- and everyone who has already donated will be included as well!

ILClaymate
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »

skybar22 shared the following Spamalot Playbill info:

Please feel free to pass this e-mail on:

Hi skybar, I finally have official news for you to pass on to your fellow Clay fans:

The Spamalot Playbill from Clay’s first performance on January 18th will be available to purchase online at www.playbillstore.com. Pre-Orders will be accepted beginning January 2nd. The price is $10 each. Shipping, handling, and protective packaging are included in the purchase price. The Spamalot Playbill with Clay in the credits will ship the week of January 21st via USPS.  All orders must be placed online with a major credit card at PlaybillStore.com. We are not able to take mail orders or phone orders. PlaybillStore.com does not ship outside of the USA.

When the Clay/Spamalot Playbill becomes available for pre-orders on January 2nd, you will find it in this section of the store:

http://www.playbillstore.com/playbills.html

If any other Clay in Spamalot merchandise becomes available, I will let you know.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx