gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:35:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 397
Total: 397

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CELLCERT:CLAY AT ORPHEUM THEATER-OMAHA NE  (Read 19911 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »

yES- THEY FINISHED EXACTLY AT 10:00 THEIR TIME- MUST BE A TIME LIMIT LIKE HE HAD AT A COUPLE OF SHOWS LAST YEAR

SO- ENJOY YOUR EVENING AND THERE WILL BE ONE MORE CONCERT TOMORROW!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2007, 08:09:30 PM »

Bah humbug!!! No encore? Maybe there were too many flashes...........

wave  everyone!!!

Would anyone believe that I found two "All is Well" at a WalMart today? It's true. Grabbed them quickly, then put them back so someone who hasn't heard it could buy them. Had to move some other person's cds out of Clay's slot and put the All Is Well in front.  blush

Going to go back and read the thread now.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2007, 08:10:22 PM »

well thank you marilynI REALLY ENJOYED THIS TOUR EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT GET TO GO. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM MEESA ,WELL GOODNIGHT ALL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »

Thanks so much Marilyn for your updates. Huggles So happy for Meesa. Can't wait to hear more about her Meet and Greet. Sounded so fun. She'll be be an Aiken fog for a long time. She so deserved this.

Can't believe the last concert is tomorrow. I loved this tour. Clandy, Woody, Fran, Krista and anyone else going, have a wonderful time. Hope he can sing All Is Well tomorrow.

See you all here tomorrow night.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »

CLANDY, WOODY, KRISTA & FRAN  . . . Enjoy the final CITH concert!  Safe travels. I love Merrillville and I wish it would have worked out for me this year! 

See everybody else here tomorrow night . . . including MEESA!  bigsmile

Thanks, MARILYN ~ Huggles

Good-night, everybody!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2007, 05:57:29 PM »

Let me start this off by saying my learning of my M & G couldn't have come at a better time. I had only had electricity back for two days after being without it for nearly a week due to an ice storm.

Fast forward to the night of the concert .....

PuddinsJoy, Erica & I drove in from Kansas arriving at our hotel across the street from the Orpheum about an hour an a half before the 5:30 M & G time. Thank goodness they were there to help me get ready! I was so nervous.

As I glanced out the window before we left the hotel, I saw toni7babe who had just arrived.

We made our way across the street and a nice man from the Orpheum opened the door and asked if I was there for the M & G. I told him I was and he let me in. There were a few other winners there including toni7babe. We hugged and began chatting. By 5:45 we were all there and a lady from the Orpheum came and told us they moved the M & G to 6:30. We could leave if we wanted, but all chose to stay. Everyone showed each other what we brought to have signed. I brought an 11 x 14 print of Clay from Kimmel.

At about 6:20 or so, Jerome came out and asked if we had our passes. We said no and they didn't have them at will call. He called back to Mary and another person from the venue brought our passes to us. She passed them out and by that time Jerome was gone again. She said she and another runner from the venue were taking us back to the M & G location backstage. She took hrystya another way that was accessible for her wheelchair and the other runner took us outside and around the side. We walked down and began to round the corner when Jerome came and said they weren't ready it would be another 20 minutes. He had them take us to the theater so we stopped by a few deserted dressing rooms for everyone to have a bathroom break. We went up a lot of stairs and to the theater and we sat in there for awhile. He told us that the piano tuner didn't show for either of the two appointments they had made for the day and they were waiting on a different piano tuner to show up. He also told us he ordered Clay a greasy cheeseburger with ketchup, mayo & mustard (in that exact order).

Jerome came in and talked with us for awhile about his dogs and Durham. He said he worries about Durham when he's around people he doesn't know. He loves people he doesn't know but Jerome's afraid he'll bite. He had bitten Jerome a few weeks earlier. We also talked about his daughters. His older daughter and two grandkids were there for the Cleveland show and he said they had a great time. He also joked about how his youngest daughter knows how to work on her daddy to get what she wants. Presently for Christmas she wants a Macbook. Jerome joked that even Clay couldn't afford his daughter.  Laughing He also apologized several times for us having to be moved around so much and the M & G being delayed.

They were practicing the lighting for the evening and even practiced the special All Is Well lighting even though at the concert we didn't get All Is Well.

Right before it was time to go back he told us the three rules.

Rule #1 - The only person who can take pictures is Jamie.

Rule #2 - Please have whatever you want autographed ready. If it's a book, please turn it to the page you want signed.

Rule #3 - No inappropriate touching of Clay.

The only other thing Jerome suggested were to make sure our questions weren't interview type questions. He said to make them fun. He said, "For example, don't ask : 'If you had only 30 days to live, what would you do in those 30 days?'"

He asked Mary if they were ready and then we all headed backstage.

As we walked down the hall, the rooms had signs on them. The first was wardrobe, second was Quiana, third was Angela. Quiana opened her door and walked out as we walked past. She was wearing a robe and had her hair up ready to get dressed. She said, "You all would have to walk by while I'm dressed like this!" She said hi to us and rushed over to Angela's room. The next room was a room with 6 chairs and a table with a few more chairs and a laptop. There was a guy sitting there who introduced himself as Joe. He worked with Clay up until last year. He was touring with 311 and had also toured with G & R recently and was visiting with Clay as he lives in Omaha. We all sat down. I was on the end closest to the door and toni7babe was next to me.

Jamie walked in and had the camera. She chatted with toni7babe who complimented her on her new haircut. Mary came in and got on the laptop. As we all chatted amongst ourselves, the door swung open and in came Clay with Faye!

He was wearing his Carolina hoodie, gray pajama pants and black slippers. His hair was blonde and he was wearing glasses. He walked up to each of us and we all told him our names. He sat down and asked us where we were from. He got down to the end of the row and Faye said, "Raleigh."

"I know where you're from, Mom!" he laughed.

At that time, Jamie was passing out post it notes to put the correct spelling of our names down for Clay to autograph our items.

Then he told us where Jerome, Jamie and Mary were from. As he told us where Mary was from, she turned to the side and said, "Don't believe a word he says!"

We all laughed and toni7babe said to Mary, "You're not from Alaska?" He looked at me and said, "What? You don't believe me?"

"No! I believe you. It was Sam." (Pretty nice of me, huh?)  Laughing

She said what Mary had said and he asked Mary where she was from. She told us and Clay turned back around to us and said, "Thank you!"  lmao

Then he told us it was time for questions. He asked if anyone had a question and toni7babe raised her hand.

"Not you. You didn't believe me."

By that time we were all busting up laughing.  ROFLMAO

Then we started asking questions. These might not be in the right order, but these are what I remember.

What was one thing we wanted most for Christmas as a child?
Clay told us Brett was into Power Rangers as a child, but he couldn't remember what he wanted. Faye told him he wanted a Teddy Ruxpin. He said, "Oh yeah! You all remember those?" while looking right at me. I'm an 80's child (born in '80) so of course I did!

What is your favorite board game?
He said he doesn't play a lot of board games, but Faye said he used to like to play Concentration. One M & G'er asked if he liked the game Apples to Apples. Jamie said they had played it not to long ago. That apparently was the M & G'er's gift to Clay and he said he'd give it to Jamie and said not to tell her.  Laughing

If you were going to sing in a concert to be broadcasted nationally and could only sing one song, what song would you sing?
This was toni7babe's question. He asked, "One song?" She told him yes. He said if it was only one song, he wouldn't do it.  ROFLMAO Then he asked where it was being broadcasted from. She told him China. He was thinking and asked Faye. Faye said it would probably be BOTW or Solitaire. He said they like the sappy songs.

What is your favorite Christmas memory?
He said he was going to let her think of another question because he didn't really have an answer. He had special memories of family things.

What do you think about while you are singing?
He asked if we really wanted to know and then when we said yes, he went into this talk about how 25% of his brain is focusing on the song and 75% is focusing on something else. He said something about how he thinks of food and other things. He asked Jamie or someone to get Quiana. Apparently they all have different things they think about. We told Clay we had just seen Quiana and she was in her robe. He said, "Oh. Never mind!" and gave us this funny look. He said when the 75% of his brain which is focused on something else goes up to 76% or higher, that's when he forgets the words. Then toni7babe said, "Like in 'Mary Did You Know'?" He nodded and laughed.

He asked if I had a question and I asked ...
How close are we to reaching the million dollar fundraising goal for the foundation?
He said, "Mom?" Faye told us we were over half-way there. Clay said that it wasn't a realistic goal to reach that high of an amount by year's end. They were pleased at where we were at and that it was just something to push the fundraising forward when Jerry Aiken come aboard. He said at their last executive meeting they actually had too much money and were figuring out how to use some of the money before year's end.

At one point, Clay noticed that toni7babe and I were smiling at each other and tapping each other on the arm when he said something funny. He asked, "Do you two know each other or something?"

We both said yes. He asked how we managed to get into the same M & G. I said it was just luck. I had just posted I had won mine and she posted right after me. He asked if we knew each other's real names? Where each other lives? Each other's phone numbers, because "if you didn't that would be really freaky!" He laughed with us. Then toni7babe told him we didn't know each other before him. I told him since we lived in the same area of the country we attended pretty much the same concerts. He said, "Gotcha!"

Someone asked about him going to the movies.
He said Faye goes to the movies nearly every weekend but other than I Am Legend, he hadn't seen anything really recently. Jamie said they saw Dreamgirls, but Clay told her that was a year ago. Ha! He also said that he saw Dan in Real Life with Steve Carell from The Office, but said it was just okay. He said TV shows on DVD were the best invention ever! You can watch a whole show in 45 minutes and go back to any episode whenever you want to.

He signed all our items as we asked the questions. He remarked how different the spelling was of hrystya's real name which is Khrystyna. He asked if that was really how she spelled her name. She said “I’m originally from Ukraine, so it was my parents. Pretty funky spelling, right?”

He said, “No, it’s very interesting!”

As he told us how the picture taking process would work he got the last question.

What is your favorite Christmas movie?
"Home Alone. That's a Christmas movie isn't it?"

Mary had assigned us all numbers and #1 (who was toni7babe) was to line up against the wall and while they were getting that picture #2 was to be "on deck". I was #2 and when Clay pointed where I should stand I got right there. I was not going to disobey Teacher Clay.  Wink

He made a goofy face right before he and toni7babe took their pic and we all laughed.

My pic had to be taken twice since Clay closed his eyes the first time. Jamie said the second was better.  Smile

After the last picture, Clay told us all Merry Christmas and strolled on out of the room.

We all walked backstage and out to the theater where we got a little fangirly and had a group hug before we went to our seats.

It was an amazing experience and I'll be sharing the pic later (of me & Clay). I am so happy that after 4 years, I finally won a M & G!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »

GREAT RECAP MEESA I WILL BE HEADING YOUR WAY TOMMORROW IF YOU SEE A RED HEAD IN A CAR WITH SCREAMING KIDS, RESCUE ME PLEASE. WHEN I F;Y HOME I WILL GIVE YOU A SHOUT OUT.. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
ILClaymate
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2007, 08:29:44 PM »

Clapping  Meesa!!  GREAT recap!  I'm so glad you have such a good memory even AFTER the clayfog.  Sounds like an amazing experience...it was great to live vicariously through you!

Thanks for sharing with us.  Huggles
franniek54
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »

Thanks for the recap Meesa.   wow  I'm totally jealous.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2007, 09:50:55 AM »

Meesa, greap recap Missy Clapping Huggles so glad you had your moment with Clay Huggles

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx