gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 278
Total: 278

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE BESTEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVAH!!  (Read 4517 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« on: December 20, 2007, 07:47:14 AM »

The bestest Christmas present EVAH!! – Williamsport PA

Thanksgiving Day, I had said to my sister-do I need to touch up my hair? The gray is growing in. Well, she said no and you all know that Clay summoned me the very next week. So not only was my crown glaringly gray, but I also cannot style the danged hair to save my life. I cannot wait to see THOSE pics- only not.
So, I was going to three more concerts-I got my hair colored and cut. And for each day, I made a hairdresser appointment to style my hair JUST IN CASE.
Getting the email “Your story has been selected to be read in Williamsport PA” –well, it was just as exciting as the first one. The OMG’s were rampant in my vocabulary for several hours. The next morning when I went to the hairdresser- I told her to “Make it fancy” so she used the curling iron and about a gallon of hairspray. I think a piano could have fallen on my head and it would have broken in half and my “do” would have stayed intact.
Fast forward to rehearsal. I met the other three readers and the daughter of the first reader. Mom had wanted Kim to read, but had received an email asking that she read it herself, as it was actually about Kim.
Jamie came to get us, and we walked through the side of the theater to backstage. Jamie showed us our stories, and it’s a good thing I checked mine, because EDITOR Clay had been using his red pen again, and a few more sentences were missing in my story. The others rehearsed theirs a little. Jesse showed up and played a little music, the microphones were tested, as was the spotlight. During this time we talked to Jamie and she told us that only she and Clay had read the stories. They spent a week at his house. He read on the laptop and she read printed pages. BUT the print was so tiny on the emails that their eyes were going crazy. She told us that if Clay read her a story and she cried, then he would get excited and they were going to use it. However, she read a couple to him and he got choked up, too- so she got him back! She was asked about packing for such a long journey, and she said she packs some clothes, then does laundry frequently. She also takes care of Clays show clothes. She did show Clay the Dr Pepper sweats, and he loved them so he packed them.
I could not believe how small the box area is where Clay stands!! The girls boxes are almost double the size. It’s a wonder he didn’t fall off! No room to maneuver at all! I asked Jesse if it was smaller that night, and he said it was the same size at all concerts-it looks a little bigger from the audience!
I also thanked Jesse for the phenomenal job he did on the arrangements, etc.
Show time- the first half I sat in my seat in fourth row- and that man looked so handsome!! And his voice was wonderful. I just let it wash over me and bring me peace, as Clay can so expertly do.
After intermission, we met Jamie in the lobby and she took us backstage. Clay was singing OHN, my absolute favorite. The sound from the side of the stage is different, Sean’s drums were prevalent, as was the orchestra. Clays voice seemed to be focused outward, so it was not as prominent. However we were so very close and watched him avidly. I didn’t take my glasses off until it was time to read my story (I am nearsighted). After OCAYF I was on. I think I did alright.
Sherrie (the fourth reader) and I waited backstage until Quiana had sung WAYC, then Jamie took us back to the door. We came out into the side audience, and moved to about the fourth row and stood by the wall so as not to disturb Clay singing MGUCL. When Clay sang the glory note in DSIAFCD and the audience stood up, we scooted back to our seats-not an easy task with everyone standing and the theatre dark.
After the show, Jamie met us backstage. We went downstairs to a lunch room and sat around the table. Soon, Quiana, Angela, and then Clay walked in. He sure does brighten up a room!! He was wearing his suit without the jacket, just the vest. He apologized to Kim (who was granted the meeting because she was supposed to read her Mom’s story) and explained that the story needed to be read by an older person. Kim is the girl who got engaged and Clay had her tell her quick story in the microphone at the Greenvale Christmas show-which Kim said was exactly a year ago that day!
He handed out the stories which he had signed. He looked at me and said “You have yours already, right?” I said yes, and then he said “Your hair looks good!” I almost died. He NOTICED!! What a sweet thing to say-it sure made my heart glow!! (Sort of like E.T.) , only with C.A. instead!

Things were moving fast, because they were going to leave for Erie right after the show, and the weather was so bad.
The first two people went up for pictures, then he said “Marilyn, come here!”  Oh, yes, master-who could refuse that?
This time I remember putting my arm around him (he was on my right) and I looked over to see how tall he was- my hair came just past his shoulder. We smiled, and then he sort of rubbed my back a little before he took his hand away (sigh) almost like an affectionate pat.
After Cathy, the second reader had taken her picture, I showed Clay the picture of my brother and I with “Father Christmas”. He took the picture over to the gang, then he said that Father Christmas looked like Jerome with a long beard!!
All to soon they were saying thank you and goodbye. I don’t know why we all sat down again- but we thanked Quiana and Angela, too-and of course Jamie. We told them to be very careful driving.
As we walked down the theater aisle we heard someone shouting “Bye eeeeeeeeeeeeee” We turned around and it was Jerome waving to us like a little kid-he is so funny.

What memories to cherish-and what a special experience. How wonderful of Clay to include his fans in his Christmas show-and to get to know them just a little.
Clay Aiken is thoughtful, sweet, handsome and multi talented- and he has my heart forever.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 07:58:22 AM »

Marilyn ~ Omgosh I am sooo excitied for you!!! Awww he was so sweet!!! I am soo happy you got picked!!!! good job!

love ya
Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 08:42:47 AM »

marilyn what a wonderful recap he truly is special isn't he and so sweet i love him, maybe some day i will get to meet him to. Huggles Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:17:15 AM »

Marilyn, other than a Christmas grandchild, I can't imagine you will have a more wonderful memory than this year with Clay.  Terrific recap!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »

Marilyn - how wonderful! You have memories to cherish forever - I am so happy that Mr. Aiken came along! He has changed so many lives - mine included!  Wink

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:55 PM »

Marilyn, thanks for letting us share your special evening!

You are beautiful.  Your story was beautiful.  I'm glad he noticed.  Smile

Huggles

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 06:38:56 PM »

Marilyn, what a wonderful recap, I know how special this was for you Huggles and I also love that he noticed Wink

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »

What an amazing experience Marilyn!...and how sweet Clay's notice of your 'do'...I am so happy this wonderful Clay time came your way...for there is no more devoted fan...a just reward for your contribution to the Claynation, too!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »

Marilyn,  I am living vicariously through you  lmao  What an experience!  You are truly blessed!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 03:57:00 AM »

You are SO lucky Marilyn! I loved your recap, thanks for sharing!  Huggles Clapping ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx