gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert: Mid-Hudson Civic Center - Poughkeepsie, NY  (Read 21290 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2007, 07:13:08 PM »

Clay unbottoned his jacket, put his hand in his pants pocket during DSIAFCD, then rolled his eyes.

Thanks, Clay.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »

Nails both Glory Notes. Crowd ... Wow!
I take it the crows are going wild.

Indeed!  lmao lmao  

And if Clay hit both Glory notes, who won the "challenge" of Clay vs. Clay's voice?

The glory notes aren't what concerns me, though. If he gets enough breath, he can lock into those easily enough.

It's the little breaks I heard before them that I don't want to lead to vocal problems. Paranoid

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2007, 07:15:05 PM »

Glory - I just have a husband who hates to fly - especially during holidays.  I love to fly, and I love to not be stuck in a car for hours - just do whichever makes you happy!

Meesa - thanks for all of your hard work  Huggles I will read the first pages tomorrow - I have a 4 year old to get to bed!

Good Night, everyone! 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2007, 07:15:16 PM »

Clay unbottoned his jacket, put his hand in his pants pocket during DSIAFCD, then rolled his eyes.

Thanks, Clay.

He so knows the BLPT gals are there. Laughing

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2007, 07:16:17 PM »

Glory - That's a few more weeks from now. We haven't had a white Christmas in several years, so you should be okay. Usually it's in the 50s at least on Christmas Day.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2007, 07:16:49 PM »

Thanks, Clay.
I can only imagine what he might have been thinking during that eye-roll. Laughing

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »

Well, the stream died. I'm going to head off and burn some DVDs. See you all tomorrow night.  wave

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »

Thanks, Meesa. bigsmile

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »

Nails both Glory Notes. Crowd ... Wow!
I take it the crows are going wild.

Indeed!  lmao lmao  

And if Clay hit both Glory notes, who won the "challenge" of Clay vs. Clay's voice?

The glory notes aren't what concerns me, though. If he gets enough breath, he can lock into those easily enough.

It's the little breaks I heard before them that I don't want to lead to vocal problems. Paranoid

SUNNY - I know what you are referring to . .   It bothers me that Clay has often mentioned that he doesn't do any vocal exercises or warm-up before he sings.   Paranoid   Hopefully, he will do what he needs to do protect that voice.

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
ILClaymate
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2007, 07:27:14 PM »

Thanks Meesa for the reports.

WiscBarb ~ thanks muchly! blush  Only 6 pics but I'm stretching them out as much as possible.  Laughing  Hopefully I'll get a few more than that in Merrillville.  Fingers Crossed

Hand in the pocket and an eyeroll?  Wow, the BLPers will be excited tonight.  I guess Phillygirl picked the right concert tonight!

ETA:  Frankie...I think the cheap tickets were for tomorrow night at Mohegan Sun.  That is a HUGE venue so I'm pretty sure that is why.
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2007, 08:15:13 PM »

SUNNY - I know what you are referring to . .   It bothers me that Clay has often mentioned that he doesn't do any vocal exercises or warm-up before he sings.   Paranoid   Hopefully, he will do what he needs to do protect that voice.
I sure hope so. I've always thought that was short-sighted of him, not doing any kind of vocalese or warm-up before a show.

But then, what do I know?

franniek54
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2007, 09:19:05 PM »

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2007, 10:40:23 PM »

Thanks Meesa for the reports.

WiscBarb ~ thanks muchly! blush  Only 6 pics but I'm stretching them out as much as possible.  Laughing  Hopefully I'll get a few more than that in Merrillville.  Fingers Crossed

Hand in the pocket and an eyeroll?  Wow, the BLPers will be excited tonight.  I guess Phillygirl picked the right concert tonight!

ETA:  Frankie...I think the cheap tickets were for tomorrow night at Mohegan Sun.  That is a HUGE venue so I'm pretty sure that is why.

WAVES FROM NY! wave

I SURE DID!! bigsmile

GREAT CONCERT!!  Smack

HE WAS FANTASTIC TONIGHT!  HE WAS IN THE ZONE TONIGHT!

AND IRENE GOT AWESOME CLACK!!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2007, 11:36:08 PM »

Sundancer said:

Hi people  wave ...just caught up reading the cellcert after my company left...Sunny, first thank you so much for sharing some of your performing background with me over at Critical Mass...I'd love to see you in one someday...you've  stated in this post a concern I've had for a while...and I didn't want to seem like an alarmist in the fandom...but, I first noted the beginning of the rasp...and then progressively more ...on to breaks...in believe it or not, his EP All Is Well...I could hear a difference in that glorious smooth sound of his...I was hopeful that he rushed to record it while he was touring... then last summer, at the Greek...that first half was a nail biter to an extent for me...Thea and I hoped it was just the dry air...how he completed the second half...don't know...the first half...it sounded like his voice might give out...and it worried me at the taping in Vegas...I hope he reworks DSIAFCD...the breaks in the phrases were quite notable in that selection.

I'm primarily an instrumentalist...played piano since 4, cello since 9 all the way through college and beyond...but while I was in college as a music major, I had to take the requisite courses in vocal production...later after no longer playing in an orchestra, I joined a well respected church choir...and in that experience...plus a community chorale I learned more about singing technique.  I do hope that Quiana will influence him...however stubborn he might be...I've not heard the vocal problems in any of her performances...to help him preserve the amazing instrument he has.  With his allergies, and his insistence on performing while ill...the vocal cords tighten from that...it has to be a strain, however Clay has certainly learned how to sing from his diaphragm which does help him guard against a more direct force on his cords.  I did read on another board that the Paxil could have led to water retention..swelling...and that would be his entire body...including cords...so maybe the longer he is off those meds the better.  Personally, I am prone to laryngitis...and when I would return to singing/even speaking for teaching...I could feel how taut my vocal cords were...and I'd have to wait to regain my vocal range...

I'm actually glad he'll not be singing [ETA...with the heavy demand to carry the concert...touring...] during the Spamalot run...I hope that gives him a chance to rest the cords for a prolonged period.  Kelly of AI...continued to sing...forcefully after the pushed run on the show...and extensive touring/recording...and I read that she was told she must lay off for awhile...Celine Dion has shared how she refrains from speaking on the days she is performing...how she accomplishes that...God only knows...can you just imagine our Clay laying low...guess the text message option would become a life line...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2007, 08:40:17 AM »

After watching the clack from last night's All Is Well it looked to me like Clay was dreading singing it. He looked and acted really uncomfortable. He usually kind of crosses his fingers and grins but not last night, and he left the stage almost before he finished the last note. I feel really bad for him. It must take a lot out of him to not be sure of how it will turn out.
(ducking from tomatoes)

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx