gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:12:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 242
Total: 242

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARTS AND CRAFTS, TALENTED CLAYMANIACS  (Read 40818 times)
franniek54
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2008, 02:23:54 PM »

Oh, I didn't know you drew Daughtry.  You've been holding out on us. 

This year I like Chikezie and David Cook.  Do you think you can do them?  Not both at the same time, of course.

And Clay singing Mack the Knife.  That's my favorite AI performance from him.  I have a BIG hi res pic you can use.      That's not it of course, I just like it.
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »

I AM SOOOO HAPPY ALL YOU TALENTED CLAYMANIACS HAVE STARTED A REAL GOOD THREAD NOW.
LOTS OF FUN AND THOUGHTFUL SUGGESTIONS.

FROM DRAWING TO CARTOONS AND STITCHERY , NEEDLEPOINT. JUST LOTS OF GOOD ART.

THANKS FOR SHOWING US YOUR WONDERFUL ART WORK, I AM SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU.

LOVE

JAN/JEANNE

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2008, 08:38:51 PM »

Frannie...send me the Mac .......lets have a peek and see if I think I can pull it off. bigsmile

Here's that Capn Jack Sparrow...

franniek54
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »

Oooo, that's good Kimmy!  and somewhat different for you.  When did you do it?

I'll PM you the pic
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2008, 09:12:04 PM »

Did him last year I think...? whenever the movie came out...

I was playin with inks and wash then.... Laughing 

Here's another ink & wash...this is LuLu..Louise Brooks...big silent film star...from her movie Pandoras Box. I kinda liked this one because she had the sheer black veil raised around her head and the wash worked really good with it.

franniek54
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2008, 09:47:35 PM »

Wow, your celebrity research goes really far back!

Nice job, very sultry.  It looks very much like those old timey photographs.
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:11 AM »

Lordy Lou Ms. Kimmeh, can I borrow your talent, just for like . . . a day or so??? Seriously. ROFLMAO I feel silly posting cartoons when you, and Jan posts such lovely works. Thud! blush
I Love the Marilyn Manson one. The style just really goes with his . . . him. Laughing I like him. Only a couple/few of his songs, but he seems like such a down to earth person when you see him in interviews. Not like the crazy, demon, person people make him out to be, you know?
And Edward and Jack, so cool, and everything else. Clapping I'd love to see a Sweeney Todd from you. bigsmile

The face on bunny gal just seems so off to me now, it being so old (yes, three years is so old for me with art Laughing). I just don't like her face anymore. I still quite like the inking. I was obsessed with inking then. I have quite a few ink arts from then.

Well, here's one of my latest (I feel silly posting it now Laughing):

*click*

Don't mind the sample on there (was showing and didn't want anyone to take it, since some take lineart to color where I post). :shocked Um . . . this was the first cartoony thing I tried out the other night. Was done in ballpoint pen (which looks pretty bad from my pic Paranoid) and I inked it on the computer. Coloring now.
Her neck looks a bit off (like it goes off her should into . . . nothing :shocked). Hmm . . .

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2008, 04:59:21 AM »

Carla...don't you dare feel silly posting your wonderful stuff! I positively LOVE it!
Don't forget...you owe me a sleeve tattoo! bigsmile

Hey...heard anything about that tattoo gig? My guy that does my tattoos said I could display some stuff in his new shop...but I really only have the Bride of Frankenstein that'd really "fit in" there. Laughing Can ya see me putting my Clay's up in a tattoo place?? shock   Manson woulda been cool...but he's long gone. Cry! I like Manson too. bigsmile

I like Marilyn Manson and Clay Aiken.  lmao

Beth! wave  You snuck in!

Jan...what would be the best kinda paint for a beginner? Acrylics?

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2008, 08:16:09 AM »

CARLA

YOUR WORK IS UNIQUE, CLEVER ,AND DO NOT EVER DOWNPLAY YOUR TALENT. HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN DO WHAT YOU DO????  KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IT IS WITTY AND CHARMING!!!

J.M

A LOT OF BEGINNERS TRY ACRYLICS, NEVER KNOWING THAT THEY DRY SO FAST. IF YOU START IN OILS, YOU CAN LEAVE THE PAINTING OVERNIGHT AND THE OILS WILL STILL BE WORKABLE.
ACRYLICS ARE GREAT FOR ABSTRACT ART, AS THE PAINT IS FLAT. OILS ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE SO MUCH DEPTH. ESPECIALY IF YOU ARE DOING PORTRAITS, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.

WATERCOLORS ARE WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH IF YOU ARE AN OUTDOOR PAINTER. THEY ARE PARTICULARLY WONDERFUL FOR LANDSCAPES, FLOWERS, ETC. BUT TO DO PORTRAITS WATERCOLORS ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT.

I USED TO LOVE TO DO CELEBRITIES; MY FAVORITE WAS M ARILYN MONROE. HAVE YOU DONE ANY DRAWINGS OF HER.? THEY ARE VERY SALEABLE.

FRANKIE
YOUR NEEDLEPOINT IS VERY GOOD. SEEEEEE, YOU WERE HIDING YOUR TALENT, WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU DONE, BESIDE DECORATE YOUR HOME ARTISTICALLY, NOT TO MENTION YOUR GREEN THUMB.

FRANNIE
I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE DRAWING OF THE ABSTRACT SCULPTURE, IT HAS DIMENSION. MORE????????

LUV
JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2008, 12:20:06 PM »

Jan's right Carla! I would LOVE to be able to do what you do! Purple Banana

Frannie...any more sketches in there? needlepoints?

I got some Marilyns Jan...

Never any of em serious intricate drawings....just kinda quickies... like all my inks  Laughing
One of my very first attempts at using the black acrylic paint for a background...

Ink....

And THIS one is older...I still hadn't gotten down the whole "blending" graphite thing yet

Clay has this photo of Marilyn up in his house!

I really should try that one again now...it's a GREAT shot of her....
I love drawing her when she has the big cheesy grin  bigsmile
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2008, 04:54:44 AM »

Kay...now I just gotta share this ...
this is the paralyzed fella who paints with his mouth, and some of his work.

Maybe it's just cuz I can't paint for diddley...but I just find this amazing....

clickable

franniek54
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2008, 07:59:32 AM »

Kim ~ He is really good!  Did he paint before he was injured?  Does he live near you?

Isn't it wonderful that he has found something that he can do despite his severe handicap?  Just goes to show ya that we all have talents, but sometimes we need to search for them.

I'm going to visit my mom today and I'll take pics of some of the needlework that I gave to her.  Heck, I'll take a pic of my mom too.

ILClaymate
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »

hide ---->lurker onboard!

I'm going to visit my mom today and I'll take pics of some of the needlework that I gave to her.  Heck, I'll take a pic of my mom too.

I can't wait to see both!  I'd like to meet mom someday.  Smile

franniek54
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2008, 11:33:14 PM »

"YAYNESS"?  scratch  shrug

I'd like to meet mom someday

That would be awesome!  We go to lunch and/or doctors and/or errands every Wednesday.  Maybe you can join us some day. She lives close to the area that we will be going to on Saturday.

Anyway, I did go to Mom's house and I did take pics of what she has in her house that I stitched for her.

~ This is the Serenity Prayer.     clickable

~ And these two I made at the same time.  I gave the one on the left to my mom and kept the other one for me.  They're tiny, only 5"x 6" with the frame.

clickable                    

Then while I was there I thought I would show you some of the things that my dad used to whittle before he developed neuropathy in his hands.

~ I think these animals are absolutely adorable.   Click 'em.          

~ This is a Love Spoon.  They were carved by men in the British Isles in the 18th & 19th centuries as a token of affection for their lady friends. 

~ And this one is very special to me.  This is a door harp.  It's Swedish folk art.  It hangs on the back of a door and when the door opens and closes the marbles bounce off the wires and make a beautiful, gentle musical pinging sound.  It's so charming.   

So I guess this is at least partly where I get my fondness for folk art.

ILClaymate
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »

I'd like to meet mom someday

That would be awesome!  We go to lunch and/or doctors and/or errands every Wednesday.  Maybe you can join us some day. She lives close to the area that we will be going to on Saturday.

I would love to join you and mom some Wednesday as long as she doesn't mind.  Smile

Anyway, I did go to Mom's house and I did take pics of what she has in her house

I loved the pics Fran!  You did a great job on the cross stitches and I loved your dad's little animals...those are very cool and very detailed.  Amazing!
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »

WOW Frannie!

You really are great at stitchin! Clapping Clapping Clapping

Those lil aminals are so cute! Lookit the lil cow!

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2008, 03:59:38 PM »

I AM A LURKER HERE & APPRECIATE HOW TALENTED YOU ALL ARE  Clapping Clapping.
YOU SHOULD BE ALL SO VERY PROUD OFF YOUR TALENT--THANKS FOR SHARING ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL WORK WITH ALL OF US.  Clapping Clapping Clapping

HAVE A GREAT DAT EVERYONE!!!

ANGELA  bigsmile

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »

Very, very spiffy, Frannie. Clapping Your stitching is wonderful. Thud! Everything you posted is very neat, I must say. Clapping Clapping
(By the by, I love your avie Thud! I can't look away. :shocked Laughing goo)

Thank you Kim & Jan. Huggles Huggles Huggles I'm glad you like my art. Huggles It just happens sometimes where I feel my art is inadequate. Seeing such gorgeous art from gals such as yourselves, and so many people still thinking that cartoons aren't art, it just sometimes happens, is all. Yes!

Kim - lmao Yes, I do indeed owe you a sleeve tattoo! Laughing bigsmile Well, I'm living with my sister and BIL right now, being nanny for my niece, and it's an hour and a half away from tattoo man, so . . . yeah. Laughing No, the shop isn't up yet, and I don't think it will be . . . anytime soon, really. Smile My sister called a friend of hers and has him on the lookout (he has a tattoo artist friend) of shops here in the twin cities to see if anyone wants to apprentice, so we'll just go where the road takes me at the moment. Smile

Yes, I like Marilyn Manson and Clay Aiken as well. Laughing Laughing Hand off a Clay drawing for the tattoo place, they'll love it!

I love the Marilyn Monroe pics. Clapping And wow to the painter there. :shocked Clapping It is quite lovely, I must say. bigsmile

Well, while I'm here, some art for you fine peeps.

Some probably remember this one from the old art thread:

From . . . October 2006, I believe. bigsmile I still love it quite a bit, I must say. Smile Well, I had the lineart in photobucket, and thought I'd color it again for fun, and here's the result:

Last one, was done doing cell shading, the new one, I thought I'd try a bit more of a painterly/watercolor-ish kind of thing. Yes! I quite like how it came out  . . .

Cartoon Me and Cartoon Clay if you didn't know. bigsmile When my hair was short, now it's just . . . insanely long, :shocked Laughing

Hope you like.

Love and hugs Huggles

Carla

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2008, 05:14:52 AM »

I love it Carla! Purple Banana  It really does look like watercolors.

Ok...first the guy who paints so good with just his mouth...and now this!

Ya gotta admit...he/she is pretty good! Better than meee!
HOW do they do that!?

I want one. Paranoid

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2303805/7243228

Err....I want a painting...not the elephant. ROFLMAO

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2008, 09:28:43 AM »

Kim - you need to go to the library and check out "The Other Side of the Mountain" (or go rent the movie by the same name). It is the story of artist and teacher Jill Kinmont. She was everyone's choice to lead the Olympic skiing team in 1955, when she was paralyzed in a training accident. She has made a wonderful life with her art - and she also paints with her mouth.

Carla - if you don't stop "putting down" your art, we may have to get out Mama Boca's paddle!  Spank me!  Laughing Most people (Me Too!!!) would give anything to have your talent.

I love coming here to see all of the art -  Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx