gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:18:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 96 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 125  (Read 149182 times)
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 10:15:33 AM »

Hello Lolita, Frankie, Jan, Woodstock...

Jan: As Lolita was making mention of, these fires are just too "wild" to be natural...someone's starting them. When i was listening to the radio this morning on my way home from work i was hearing about all of the homes destroyed and it's just too suspicious that they're "natural". Why is it fires of that magnitude are in that region...i'd always felt they were man-made 90% of the time. Does your son have any way of getting on a computer!?!

Woodstock: bigsmile Years and years ago our parent's sent us to school one morning and once we got there someone who worked at the school said school was off today...it was a teacher inservice day. We had to walk 3 blocks...and people in their cars, who no doubt probably had kids that went to our school, were on their way to work in the morning and probably saw the four of us strolling along with our school books and things...they probably thought: "what are those kids doing walking to school...don't they know it's an inservice day??!!". I don't know if those kind of days are around anymore...we used to get off school for those kind of days...we'd be off for those days and the major holiday's. 

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 11:49:21 AM »

Tiffany thanks for the summaries the prayers for us all.

Some of the fires in California are  within an hour to two hours away from me, we owned a time share at Running Spring, I hope once these fires is through the little community in Running Spring will still be there. They suffered fire two years ago as well.

I watched the clip for AYSTTFG at the ANN thread; I can’t wait to see the whole thing. Purple Banana

As far as moving, are you moving to a bigger city? My BIL got tired of waiting, most of their belonging are in a storage place already, he is willing to take their house off the market but his wife is determined to move out of California. I think she wants to get away from the relatives as far as she could. Laughing BTW, I am surprise that the Neil Sedaka Tribute is not televised. I have fun watching AI rewind but sometime I forget what channel is it on. I agree about Kat, Wink I think at the end of the week she will have a new crush. Laughing Laughing

Frankie, the link video for AYSTTFG worked for me, Purple Banana thanks for the link.

Prissy, enjoy dinner with your friends tonight, your menu sounds delicious.  I missed Clay’s pineapple dessert. BTW, I love your Halloween display.

AC, I have never seen Ray Stevens’ Indian Love Call, thanks for posting that. I love doo-wop and ballad, is this album still available in print? Thanks for the Dean Martin info as well.  bigsmile Stay out of the rain.

Betty, I hope you’re not doing a lot of work at your garden, save some energy for Debbie’s children tomorrow. Wink

Lorraine, will you be watching your boyfriend’s show, Wink I saw the commercial of it last night…it looks like another reality show.

Linda, I am thinking of you, Huggles I hope your mom is now comfortable at the nursing home.

Carol, thanks for the info about gas odor, people calls it “Silent death” because most of us would probably don’t pay attention to the smell. I mean, I probably would but I can just see my son and husband walking around and not a care in the world…very scary. Happy napping. Wink

HELLO to Evelyn, Pepe, Krista, Boca, Kat, Clandy, Lindsay, Bozena, Jayne, Michelle,
Shannon, Heather, Meesa, and the rest…

Hugs to all,

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »

Hello!

I have put together the meat loaf and the corn casserole and both are in the refrigerator.  I just have to take them out and place them in the oven at the right time.  I am going to put together Clay's hot pineapple salad  in a short while. 

Lolita and others,
Here is the link to Clay's Hot Pineapple Salad.  I really think it is like a dessert.  There was some controversy as to how much pineapple to use.  I half the recipe and use one 20 oz can of pineapple tidbits.  Faye said one can should be used for the regular recipe, so........ It's your choice.
(You may need to scroll down for the Hot Pineapple Salad recipe.)

http://www.claymaniacs.com/forums/index.php/topic,13106.20.html

(Clickable)

Lolita,
I have been concerned about you and these fires.  You say they are an hour or two hours away!!  Please stay safe.

Jan,
I am praying that your son is all right.  Such a horrific tragedy!!  Please keep us informed.

Prayers also for Shirl's sister in San Diego.

Pepe,
I'm glad you got to see Dudley's pictures.  Yes, I am making a Claymaniac dinner!!!  I am anxious to taste the corn casserole.  Ordinarily, I do not eat corn, but I remember having a corn casserole once that was really good, so hopefully, this is similar to that one.

Carol,
How fortunate that you knew that there was a gas leak from the rotten egg smell!!  You are a hero!  You prevented a possible tragedy!!  Thanks for the info that a rotten egg smell means a gas leak.
I have a feeling you are the favorite baby sitter!! Hug

Woody,
Don't feel too bad about the sub mix up!!  It really shows how sick and out of it you were!  OK!  Similar embarrassing moments.  Here's a few:

1.  In high school, the Music Supervisor visited our orchestra and I brought an empty violin case to school!!  Left my violin at home! eek!

2.  My BIL's 60th birthday I thought was at my sister's house.  Skip and I showed up and no party there;  it was at my niece's house!  eek!

3.  How many times have I worn black that turned out to be navy blue!!  Really embarrassing at a wedding !  eek!

I'm sure there's many more, but these stand out in my mind!  Laughing

Frankie,
I will go revive the Halloween thread in fun stuff right now!! 

Again special prayers for all of the Californians losing their homes because of the fires.  Skip said he heard on the news, a half million people have been evacuated.

I did see that the actress, Suzanne Sommers, who lost her house to a fire not too long ago, has now lost the house they were renting.  I believe she was going to rebuild the first house!!!

DWTS later this evening! 

Hugs to all and have a great day!
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 12:44:54 PM »

Good Afternoon everyone!
I just got home from a doctors appointment..  I also talked to the vets that did Ping's procedures..  All of the tests that they have gotten back have come back negative for an infection or for cancer... It doesn't mean she doesn't have either of those..  They were hoping to see signs of a bacteria or some reason for the destruction in her head..  They are still leaning towards her having cancer and the only 100 percent way to know for sure is to surgically go into her head and remove more tissue for them to biopsy...  I don't know If I want to go that route since if she does have it I will not be putting her through chemotherapy.  So as of right now they have re cut more samples of the tissue or specimens they have already and are running more tests on them.  We will not have them back for at least another week.  After we get the results back from those we have to make a decision.   If it shows nothing then we have to decide to have the surgery knowing that most likely it will show cancer or to just love her and let her live her life out as a dog till we see more symptoms..  She is still going to be on ant inflammatory and antibiotics for a while longer.. Even if it shows to be cancer.  Right now she is eating and seems to be happy with small periods of nasal distress but nothing like she had had before..  One more thing.. That mass they thought was the tumor that ended up being a infection of some sort, had 600 cc's of pus that drained out of it.. shocking  That is a lot of junk.  I feel so bad that I didn't have any idea what was going on in her head..  We are loving her and Zoe more then we did before  and I am being more lenient of giving her snacks but healthy ones.  That is what makes her happy at this time..   If she only has a limited time left with us I want to make her happy.

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »

Woody
I read what you did at work.. Believe me they call me blond at work at times for the dippy things I do and say.. Laughing

Prissy
That pineapple salad looks yummy..

Sorry I haven't read back more..  Thanks again for everyone's concerns.  You guys are the greatest..  Big Hug!

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »

Wow, a new session already.  I wish I wasn't working full time and taking care of household duties, etc.  I mean, it's hard to catch up on the really important stuff.... such as reading all the important info here!!   bigsmile

Oh well, back to work I go.

Debbie
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »

Tammy,
I think you have made the right decision for Ping.  Just lover her and keep her free from pain!  You are a good mama to your girls!!

Clayheart,
I am retired and I still can't get it all done!!!  Sometimes, I feel like I'm in slow motion.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »

Jan,
 I hope you hear from your son very soon. It"s so awful not knowing what is happening to our loved ones. It will be very difficult for
him to contact  you .  He proberbly can"t use a phone with all the confusion and  lines down. I know we are all praying for his safety
 and that you will hear good news very soon.
                                                                         Hugs,    Betty 
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 01:25:43 PM »

Tammy,,
              Follow your heart with Ping. Is"nt it better to let her enjoy her life, and all the love  you give her, if she is"nt suffering?   
              A very hard thing to decide, I know!
                                                                              Hugs,   Betty
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »

Hey everyone wave

HEY HERE IS MY JUNIOR PICTURE!!! 07-08!!!!!

DO YOU LIKE IT????

love ya
Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »

Lolita,
             Please stay safe   and I pray your home will be alright. What dreadful fires and heartache for so many people. It reminds me of
  of  the bombing raids in England during the war. It"s so terrible to see your home burnt to the ground but the most important thing is
  for everyone to be safe. If these fires were set by someone, i pray they will catch them and punish them severely.
   Prayers for you and your family.
                                                               Love,   Betty
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 02:25:53 PM »

Tammy Huggles , I agree with Betty and the rest. Follow your heart as long as Ping is eating and enjoying her life that’s all that matters. I suffer when I see any living being suffers.

Prissy, thanks for the hot pineapple dessert/salad link I am thinking of making it soon. BTW, my husband keeps calling me about the fire, he is making me paranoid. Thanks, I am watching the news today.

Betty thanks as well and I agree whoever starts some of these fires deserve a severe punishment. I feel so sorry for those people who watch their homes burn to the ground. The strong wind and the dry season did not help any.

Kat, me likey your new photo, Wink you always have that mischief look in your eyes Wink Laughing… thanks for sharing it with us. BTW, I love your new hairstyle.

Hugs to all,

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »

wave wave wave

I need to find something for supper, but I thought I would check in with all of you.  I have been very good and rested most of the afternoon and stayed away from all phones.   lmao

Thanks for all your stories of embarrassing moments.  I knew you would make me feel better.  I'm just dreading walking in the building tomorrow.   

Frankie - Thanks for all the great pics!!!  I like them all!!!  Thud!

Lolita - You are too funny.   lmao  Killing hubby from lack of heat.   Laughing  Buy him a warm robe for Christmas.

AC - I enjoyed your story, too.   Laughing  I often wonder how many times that happens, actually.

Carol - What a scare you had with the gas leak!!!  Good think you knew what you were dealing with.  Thanks for sharing your "bloopers", too. 

Prissy - You made me laugh out loud with your embarrassing moments.   lmao  I remember one teacher  going home once to change because she got dressed in the dark, like most of us do, and her colors didn't match in the light.   Laughing

Kat - Nice picture, sweetie.     I NEVER like my picture.  I think I am having it re-taken this year.  We are forced to have them in the yearbook.   blush

Tammy - Thanks for sharing the news on Ping.  I know how very hard this is on you.   Huggles  I will say that it sounds like good news so far.  If they haven't found cancer yet, hopefully they won't.  Any infection that can cause that much pus is certainly a bad one, and hopefully, that is what has been causing the problems.

wave and  Huggles all around!!!!!
Woodstock X125

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 02:39:40 PM »

EVENING ALL JUST GOT IN WORKED 11 HRS TODAY.WELL MARY IS GETTING REAL HARD FOR ME TO HANDLE SHE DRAWS HER LEGS UP AND WILL NOT STRAIGHTEN THEM OUT,I CAN BARELY GET HER DEPENDS CHANGED NOW BUT I MUDDKED THROUGH SOMEHOW WITH HER.HER ONE LEG IS SWOLLEN DOUBLE LOOKS KIND OF LIKE FLEBITIS TO ME, OR COULD BE A CLOT NOT SURE WHAT THEY WILL DO .

WOODY I PULL STUFF ALL THE TIME Laughing Laughing OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT  Laughing ONCE I GOT UP AND DRESSED AND WENT TO WORK  THE PARKING LOT WAS EMPTY I HAD A KEY SO I WENT IN NOBODY WAS THERE IT WAS SATURDAY. Laughing

TAMMY I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT PING EXCEPT HANG IN THERE  I HOPE SHE WILL BE OK. Huggles Huggles

WELL NEED TO GET CHANGED INTO SOMETHING WARM I GOT CHILLED THIS AM AND HAVE BEEN COLD ALL DAY. TTYL.

JAYNE SORRY ABOUT YOUR JOB NOT MUCH HERE EITHER,

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 02:40:46 PM »

Tammy, after giving our Samantha those powerful pills to keep her alive and seeing how it destroyed her instead, I would just let her go her merry way every day until she gets worse, or maybe even better.   Huggles

Jan, your poor son!  My husband's cousins live in the San Diego area and had to evacuate.  This is just devasting.

Lolita, I am worried about you.  One or two hours away isn't very far.  Stay safe.

Woody, well at my last job, I accused one of the men of taking my blazer.  Someone was always playing games with me.  One of the men asked,  did you look in the bathroom??? blush That's where I left it.  The whole office of men were on my back after that.  But, everyone knows my reputation anyway here. bigsmile  You were sick.  That is a good reason!!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »

Hey Everyone wave
Lolita ~ your welcome!! Huggles hahahhaa yup you know me!!! hehehehe!!! how are you?
Debbie ~ wave hey girl!!! what is up?.....thanks!!! yeah I totally understand!!!! oooo I wanna see!! yeah ours go in the year book and SOO CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL MY SENIOR PICS!!!
Linda and Glory ~ wave hey girls!!! how are you?
Everyone ~  wave hey!!! what is up?

Not much here just got back from eating and driving!! well i got homework not a lot but i get er done!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

if you want to look at my pic its on page 3!!!

love ya
Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
TCC Class of '12
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 03:10:27 PM »

HI KAT BEHAVE GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER,

WELL OFF TO RELAX I AM BEAT.

Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 03:15:56 PM »

hey glory wave i am behaving!! hehehehe....yeah its getting there!!!

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
TCC Class of '12
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 03:37:41 PM »

wave Glory, Kat, and Linda!!!

Thanks for all your kind comments.   

Well, when it rains it pours.

Daughter just called and has car problems.  Her college is near where hubby's brother lives, so she called him.  The car is being towed to the dealership, and he is letting her drive one of his cars home until hers is fixed on Thursday.  Good news....he took her out to dinner and hubby is eating at a meeting tonight so I only have to cook for myself.

Bad news:  Hubby got the news today.  He is being re-located to east central IL in November.  We will be less than 1/2 hour from Clandy, which is the good news.  We know it will take us most of this year to get our house ready to sell, so it looks like I may try to finish up this school year while we work on the house when he can be here.  It looks like we may have to live apart most of this time.  We knew this was coming.  Just happened sooner than we had anticipated.  Hubby hoped it wouldn't be until January.  Right now, I am quite devastated.

BUT, he has a job, we have a house, I have a job if I remember not to call in sick.  lmao  So it will all work out.  Just have to digest this one for now.

Thanks for always letting me dump on all of you.   

I'll try to see you after DWTS.
Woodstock X125

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »

ISN'T PALA IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY.

I HAVE FRIENDS WHOSE KIDS LIVE THERE ALSO SOME DISTANT RELATIVES JUST HORRIFYING  HALF MILLION PEOPLE HAVING TO BE EVACUATED .

LOLITA IF YOU HAVE TO LEAVE DO NOT HESITATE WE HAVE OTHER MEMBERS HERE WHO LIVE OUT THERE LORRIE, AND JOANN WHO ESLE.,

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 96 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx