gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 383
Total: 383

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK Oct 13 & 14  (Read 3405 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« on: October 12, 2007, 08:37:14 PM »

ON THE PUBLIC SIDE OF OFC, AN UPDATED HEARTLAND TOUR SCHEDULE:

11/26/07 Wichita, KS, US  Central Christian Church     
11/27/07 St Louis, MO, US  Fox Theatre     
11/28/07 South Bend, IN, US  Morris Auditorium     
11/29/07 Waukegan, IL, US  Genessee Theatre     
11/30/07 Kalamazoo, MI, US  Miller Auditorium     
12/02/07 Washington, DC, US  Warner Theater Buy Tickets     
12/04/07 Wilkes Barre, PA, US  FM Kirby Center     
12/06/07 New Brunswick, NJ, US  State Theatre Buy Tickets     
12/07/07 Albany, NY, US  Palace Theatre     
12/08/07 Poughkeepsie, NY, US  Mid-Hudson Civic Center     
12/09/07 Uncasville, CT, US  Mohegan Sun     
12/11/07 Red Bank, NJ, US  Count Basie Theatre     
12/12/07 Easton, PA, US  State Theatre     
12/13/07 Morristown, NJ, US  The Community Theatre at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts   
12/15/07 Williamsport, PA, US  Community Arts Center     
12/16/07 Erie, PA, US  Erie Civic Center Complex     
12/17/07 Cleveland, OH, US  Playhouse Square Theater     
12/19/07 Minneapolis, MN, US  Orchestra Hall     
12/20/07 Minneapolis, MN, US  Orchestra Hall     
12/21/07 Omaha, NE, US  Orpheum Theatre     
12/22/07 Merrillville, IN, US  Star Plaza 

WOW!! THATS A FULL SCHEDULE!

CLAYONLINE.COM

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 08:38:35 PM »

Church has no plans to cancel Clay Aiken concert
BY JOE RODRIGUEZ
The Wichita Eagle

Clay Aiken A concert by Clay Aiken at Wichita's Central Christian Church will go on as scheduled next month, a church leader said Wednesday as the leader dismissed a tabloid's article that the church was under attack for hosting the performance.

Aiken, who gained fame on the show "American Idol," is set to perform a Christmas concert at the church Nov. 26.

KANSAS.COM

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:45:05 PM »

I know the Idol Face Offs have been missing for a few days now. Here’s the first one this week!

Both Kalan Porter (Canadian Idol winner) and Clay Aiken (American Idol) sang “Mary Did You Know?”

Who sang it best?

Kalan Porter (it’s a montage set to Kalan singing it)

PLEASE CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR THE BEST VOICE SINGING MDYK.

IDOLSTALKER

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »

From Clay's SRHPTour2007, I chose favorite "Lover All Alone

A VERY WELL BLENDED MONTAGE OF CLAYS SONG FROM SEVERAL CONCERTS

Lover All Alone

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 08:48:44 PM »

MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST CLAY AIKEN TO RING IN CAPITAL ONE HOLIDAY CELEBRATION ON ICE

What better way to celebrate the winter holiday season than with cool music, Clay Aiken and world-class skating?

The Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice, set for Nov. 6 at The Orleans in Las Vegas, will be a star-studded evening to remember. The show will be a live taping for a Christmas Day TV broadcast on NBC. Tickets for the show will go on sale in July.

Tapped as the exclusive musical guest for the Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice, singing sensation Clay Aiken will lend his powerful voice to some of the most loved and classic holiday songs of all time. Since 2003, Clay Aiken has garnered a number of different titles. Multi-platinum recording artist, television personality, Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF (visiting children in war torn Afghanistan, Uganda and tsunami stricken Indonesia), best selling author & advocate for individuals with disabilities through his Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

YOU CAN STILL PURCHASE GOOD TICKETS TO THIS EVENT!!!

ORLEANS ARENA

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 09:21:10 PM »

Clay attended a fundraiser for the N.C. Theatre Monday night in Raleigh, according to cesperry at the Clackhouse. Quiana Parler was a featured performer at the event.

I got an email from a friend of mine in Raleigh who met Clay last night. She went to an event at NC Theater. It was a fund raiser called Dinner on Stage.

Quiana was there performing. She sang three songs and brought the house down. Clay introduced her. He talked about how he met her during the AI auditions. My friend sent me a VERY blurry picture. She told Clay she has a friend near Fayetteville who will just die when she sees a picture of her with him. He said "Well we don't want her to DIE!!" He's such a sweety. He doesn't want me to die. She isn't really a fan of his. I'm glad she got to meet him. I don't know what she expected, but she said he was just a sweet southern kid.

He didn't seem at all like some big celebrity who you couldn't get close to. She said he was very nice. She said he stayed and mingled after the event and seemed to have a nice time.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »

Clay Aiken - Excellent Example

Bible Search Sanctuary Church Web Site

George Bernard Shaw said, "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

As one who professes faith in Jesus Christ, I am committed to encouraging God's children to go about doing good and healing all those who are oppressed --- just like the One whom they claim to be the focus of their faith. Many stay in their comfort zones with nothing more than intellectual beliefs...and claim to be people of faith. Many are afraid to make mistakes...so...(their claim to fame is being the fastest draw in the West with their T.V. remote.

Monday, I featured Clay Aiken on my "Fresh Bread" blog. Today, I bring him into focus one more time. Not because he is a product of my "hero worship." Only Jesus fills that bill for me. However, I discovered on Monday that Clay has even more fans that I realized. He also has more harsh detractors.

So, today...I give honor where honor is due to one I consider a brother in Christ. I believe Clay is actively pursuing the passion of his heart and consciously demonstrating his faith...to bring healing to special needs children. Something he began BEFORE he became famous.

BEAUTIFUL MONTAGE HERE:

FRESH BREAD

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 08:37:30 AM »

Speaking of spooning and “Idol," which contestant has the most overfed finances?

Season One winner Kelly Clarkson has garnered the most dollars of all, with her No. 1 debut album topping more than $3 million in sales, followed by more than 11 million purchases of her second song set “Breakaway."

And although Simon once predicted that Season Four flame Carrie Underwood would outsell all other Idols, the country crooner is still strumming with silver after a 7 million sweep of her debut album “Some Hearts."

And you don’t have to actually win to warrant wealth.

Season Two runner-up Clay Aiken takes the bronze for his record revenue for “Measure of a Man,” while Season Five fourth-place performer Chris Daughtry's self-titled debut album hit the 3 million mark.

Season Two successor Ruben Studdard rounds out the final five with more than 1 million pre-orders placed for his debut rhythms before it even smacked store stands.

FOXNEWS

IChris1
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 10:09:59 AM »

I know the Idol Face Offs have been missing for a few days now. Here’s the first one this week!

Both Kalan Porter (Canadian Idol winner) and Clay Aiken (American Idol) sang “Mary Did You Know?”

Who sang it best?

IDOLSTALKER

Has anyone noticed that Kalan Porter is wearing the same sweater as Clay in one of the pics but in reverse color? 

Now my heart is dancing through each day, my soul is running free, look what love has done to me.
Proud member of the East Coast Posse
Clay's English Princess
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »

THIS IS FROM SEPTEMBER BUT ITS REALLY FUNNY:

September 21, 2006 - Thursday

How much Clay can a Claymate take or a Claymate's mate take too?
Category: Life

It comes around at least once a year. I call it - The Happening. When middle aged women get swept back into the 1970's, and swear they're teenagers again. It happens with a sighting on TV, a song heard on the radio, a tour being planned, and most of all a CD release! That's when all hell breaks loose and  PR people are on full alert. Book Leno, book GMA, book Kimmel, book THE VIEW!! Change his hair, make him gain weight, put him in a suit, give him a Justin Timberlake/Ryan Seacrest/Miami Vice 1 day growth look. Children hide in embarrassment, husbands are knocked aside and their sports channels are changed without a second thought.

"But we have TiVo", he might say.

"Oh that's a known fact", she might reply, "so we'll TiVo *it* as well as watch *it* live."

It, It IT - is Clay Aiken!!

MYSPACE.COM

YOU HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEPTEMBER 2006

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

Who sang it best?

IDOLSTALKER

Has anyone noticed that Kalan Porter is wearing the same sweater as Clay in one of the pics but in reverse color? 

I HONESTLY DIDNT LOOK  MUCH- I LISTENED WHILE I WAS DOING SOMETHING ELSE.

ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »

Lover All Alone

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL !!! if there is a D/L for this, can someone please let me know !! Thanks.

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 06:30:58 PM »

FROM PINK ARMCHAIR AT CV:

CLAY AND KIMMEL: IT DON’T MEAN A THING, REVISITED

(Clay’s iPhone rings. He squints at the caller ID, grimaces and answers.)

Kimmel (jauntily): Hey, Clay! Long time no talk to. I guess you know why I’m calling.

Clay: Hey, Jimmy! Um...nope. Unless ya heard that Spamalot rumor. Isn’t that crazy? (nervous laugh) Whayre the heck d--

Kimmel: Yes, but is it TRUE?

Clay (evasively): Well...it’s jest...CRAZY. Me in tights. Heh heh heh. That’s...well...

Kimmel (knowing smile): Mmmm. Well, actually I wasn’t calling about that, but it’s interesting. Isn't it. (pause) C’mon...you really don’t know why I called?

Clay: Cain’t say Ah do. But Ah’m always glad ta hear from ya, y’know. Soooo...why ARE ya callin?’ Oh, that’s right -- sweeps is comin’ up. Well, Ah’ll hafta look at mah busy schedule an’--

Kimmel: I can’t believe it. You weren’t even gonna tell me, were ya?

Clay (guiltily): Tell ya what, Jimmy?

Kimmel (wounded): Here I am, your best friend and soulmate, and you weren’t even gonna ask me to play in that golf tournament in January? You know, the one for your foundation? I’d really like t--

Clay (quickly): Oh no. Unh-UNH. No offense, Jimmy, but mah Uncle Jerry wants this ta be a dignified occasion.

Kimmel (innocently): What, you think I can’t be dignified?

Clay: Oh, Ah’m shore ya KIN be, if ya put yore mind to it. But ya have an awful short memory. Don’tcha remember the last time? Tell me that wasn’t a complete free-fer-all.

Kimmel: Hey, I behaved with perfect decorum. Could I help it if Rosie and The Donald got into a brawl? And the Griffinator flashed the gallery? And Ryan and Ripa went down with the ship? And Martha Stewart threw a hissy fit about the divots? Was that MY fault? Huh?

Clay: Well...yeah it was! It was coss o’you that they were all thayre in the first place.

Kimmel: Right. But tell me something -- who hit nonameblogger in the nuts with that golf ball? Two guesses and one doesn’t count.

Clay: Okay...but Jimmy...Ah rilly want this tournament ta be a positive reflection on mah Foundation. Not somethin’ that looks like roller derby or mud wrestlin.’

Kimmel: Ahh. So I guess bringing Sarah is out of the question.

Clay: Oh, lordy. Jimmy, the country club prolly wouldn’t let her in -- they don’t permit 8 year-old boys on the course. An’ that’s jest what she looks like in that football jersey an’ Converse hightops she always wears.

Kimmel: Hey, she cleans up pretty good.

Clay: How would you know? Have ya ever actually SEEN her dressed up like a girl?

Kimmel: Sure...sometime in 2001, I think. I seem to remember that she looked pretty good.

Clay: Okay, Jimmy...Ah’ll make ya a deal. If Sarah comes dressed jest like Ripa did that last time, she kin come. Y’know...rill golf clothes. Tasteful pastels. Argyle. A passin’ acquaintance with a comb. (ponders) Hey, this could be fun.

Kimmel (wheedling): Ohhh, so you’re saying you’re gonna let ME be in it? Are ya? Huh? Are ya?

Clay (throwing in the towel): Oh, all right. Ah know yore jest tryin’ ta help. Mebbe ya kin be in a foursome with Tyra. But only if Sarah plays nice. An’ YOU, too. Coss y’know as well as Ah do that Tyra could squash ya both like bugs. An’ she doesn’t put up with any shi...crap.

Kimmel (excited): Ooooh, your friend Tyra’s in it? Oh boy. I’m SOOO there. D’ya think she’d wear a little short skirt? (salivates)

Clay (sternly): Ya heard me, Jimmy. Ya gotta promise. If this turns inta a freak show, mah Uncle Jerry’ll skin me alive.

Kimmel: Hey, whose name’s on that foundation anyway?

Clay (grimly): Mine...and HIS.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 06:32:02 PM »

Lover All Alone

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL !!! if there is a D/L for this, can someone please let me know !! Thanks.

THERE ARE A COUPLE OF MONTAGES LIKE THIS. I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A DOWNLOAD.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 07:26:08 AM »

IN HONOR OF THE ANNIVERSARY OF MOAM- HERE IS AN ARTICLE FROM THAT TIME:

Ask the employees at Clay Aiken's record label, RCA, if they would listen to Aiken's debut album, Measure of a Man, by choice, and the response is almost uniform: a lengthy pause followed by laughter. RCA was the home of Elvis Presley, and its current roster includes critical favorites like the Strokes and the Foo Fighters. It's a rock label. Aiken, who came in second on the most recent installment of American Idol, is not only not a rocker, but, as he says in his aggressively self-deprecating way, "I'm not an artist. I'm just a guy who was on a reality show—and I didn't even win!" Humility aside, Aiken, 24, doesn't mind being doubted because he believes in his bones that his detractors are wrong. "There are many people at the record label who are afraid of me," he says. "They don't understand the reasons that someone as uncool as me is here. In a way—and this is a horrible word to say, and once I say it you're going to print it—it's a revolution."

TIME.COM

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »

PINK ARMCHAIR AGAIN AT CV

CLAY AND KIMMEL: BI-COASTAL BET

(Kimmel’s iPhone rings; he squints at it, answers, and hears:)

Clay: Okay, Jimmy...Ah rilly think you’ve gone over the edge this time.

Kimmel: Whaddya mean, THIS time? You know I went over the edge a long time ago -- I let you ride a horse onto my set, didn’t I? I was sneezing for a week. If that isn’t craz--

Clay: Oh, git serious. Ah’m worried ‘bout you.

Kimmel (mystified): Why?

Clay (incredulous): Tapin’ a show in New York in the mornin’ and yore show in L.A. in the afternoon...every day fer a WEEK? Flyin’ back ‘n’ forth in between? An’ all that...fer Ripa? Are ya nuts?

Kimmel (laughs): Apparently. But hey -- at least I’m not flying coach.

Clay: Well, Ah hope not! How’re ya gonna DO this? It was bad enough when ya hadta do that wacky game show on top o’ yore talk show, but at least that was in the same town. But all that flyin’--

Kimmel (patiently): Clay, not everybody gets attacked by crazed lunatics on airplanes. I know this is hard for you to believe, but some folks actually fly places without incident. Of course, some folks don’t have feet the size of kayaks.

Clay (groans): Don’t remind me. What Ah cain’t figger out is why you’d wanna fill in fer Regis.

Kimmel: Well, YOU did it.

Clay (riled): Yep, an’ ya saw what happened! Ah shore hope Ripa doesn’t walk all over ya. Lordy, Ah haven’t seen such a camerawho--um--hog since Kimberly Caldwell back on Idol.

Kimmel: Hey, don’t worry about me -- I can handle it. She’s a friend of mine.

Clay (derisively): Oh, like THAT’S gonna stop her! HA! HA! Well, all Ah kin say is...some folks better keep thayre hands ta themselves. Jest sayin.’

Kimmel: Oh, you’re scared I’m gonna try to muzzle Ripa like you did?

Clay: Look, Ah git that she’s yore pal an’ all, but trust me...she ain’t gonna letcha git a word in edgewise. An’ Ah know how much ya HATE that. Ah jest don’t wantcha ta look bad, that’s all. Heck, you’ll be lucky if ya even git on camera. ‘Course, mebbe thayre’s somethin’ ya kin do--

Kimmel (suddenly alert): Wait...are you challenging me?

Clay: Nope, Ah’m jest sayin’ it might be neces--

Kimmel: You ARE. (laughs incredulously) You think she’s gonna steal all the focus from me, don’tcha? You’re DARING me to slap my hand over her pie hole, aren’tcha?

Clay: Well--

Kimmel: You think I can’t? You think she won’t let me? Because if this really is a dare...hmmm...(slyly) Care to make it interesting? (silence from Clay) C’mon, buddy...put your money where your mouth is.

Clay (rising to the bait): Okay. Five hunnert bucks says ya throttle her by Wednesday.

Kimmel: You’re on!

Clay (emphatic): Live on the air, Jimmy. ON. THE. AIR. Ah wanna see it, an’ Ah'd be willin' ta bet mah fans do, too.

Kimmel (gulps): You drive a hard bargain.

Clay (offhandedly): Nah...but Ah’m thinkin’ mebbe Ah better come on the show mahself jest ta make shore. Y’know Gelman has bin tryin’ ta git me back on thayre. (relishing the idea, gleefully) I’ll be a spayshul surprise guest!

Kimmel (alarmed): Uh...hey...I’m not so sure that’s a good idea. It might put her in a terrible mood, and--

Clay (brightly): --Or better yet, Ah could jest take over YORE show that week. Y’know, jest ta help ya out. (silence from Jimmy) Hello? Jimmy? Are ya still thayre?

Kimmel (deep sigh): I’ll let Gelman know you’re coming...

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 06:03:23 PM »

Florida State University freshman Sydney Keister was crowned Miss Tallahassee during the Miss Tallahassee Scholarship Pageant held Saturday evening at Lee Hall Auditorium on the campus of Florida A&M University.
The 18 year-old was among 10 young women who competed for the crown, which now allows her to represent the Tallahassee area at the Miss Florida Scholarship Pageant in June in St. Petersburg.

Earlier in the day, Keister was interviewed by a panel of judges about her current and future life goals, and knowledge of local, statewide, national and international current events. She performed a lyrical jazz dance during the talent portion of the competition to Clay Aiken's “This is the Night”.

TALLAHASSEE

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx