gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Motor City Red Thong Mafia #29 :: Home of the DIESELS (Rated R)  (Read 249690 times)
claydevotee
« Reply #2000 on: October 25, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »

After the doctor looked at the second mammogram he wanted me to stay for an ultrasound.  I was  like a baby I was so scared.  The thought of waiting to find out if my whole world was going to change in 10 minutes was the scariest thing I have ever gone through.  At the end of the ultrasound they stuck me with some pins or something and then took another mammogram.  I waited while the doctors looked at all the tests and then they gave me the wonderful news that it was a cyst.  I don't have to go back until next year. 

CINDY, I am so very happy for you and your gratitude and understanding of the power of prayer is reflected in your beautiful post.   Huggles Huggles  Oh, yeah, I remember the pin-sticking and mammogram, too!  Not a pleasant experience.  

Thea - All I can say is God Bless you and every other cancer survivor that has beaten this dreadful disease and gone through the unimaginable and unthinkable.   I felt my life flashing before me today and feel like I have been given a new lease on life.  I never pray for myself but I sure started today and I was sure to thank God personally and pretty loudly as I walked out of that room today.

Thank you, CINDY.  I continue to believe that every trial that is placed before us to to help us grow and strengthen spiritually.  Obviously this has affected you in a profound way.   Huggles

SHARON, I know you don't look forward to this meeting with your family together.  I'm sure you get tired of being the one with the strong shoulders. 

And BTW,  "Lifeline" is a great idea for your mother.  Clapping   After several years of nagging, my mother  finally agreed to get one.  And now she's very proud of herself....and I can now breathe a  little easier. 

My hair coloring/trim was a huge success!  I'm trying to grow my hair into a medium length "bob" with bangs (like my wig I wore last winter).  Today the stylist got my hair on the right track.  Until today I was starting to look like an old hag-version of Orphan Annie!!!  Paranoid   Laughing

Off to post on our BECKY's birthday thread!!!   

mcraig2
SuperFan

« Reply #2001 on: October 25, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »

I just went over to read Becky's BD thread and saw this.  I don't know LadyC, but I figured more prayers from our group would be a GOOD thing!

My cousin's little daughter, Kennedy, just started the 2nd grade this year and she loves climbing the monkey bars at recess.  Wednesday morning she fell on the playground and broke her arm.  At 3pm that afternoon she went into surgery to have pins placed in her elbow.

There were complications, she vomited while she was being intubated and stomach contents were sucked into her lungs and she quickly went into respiratory failure.

They transported her to another hospital, where during an attempt to start a central line in her chest to deliver medications through, they popped through the vein and poked a hole in her aorta with the catheter and she began to bleed into her chest.  They also managed to over-ventillate her to the extent that they actually blew a hole in her lung giving her a pneumothorax, and her lung collapsed.

Then her blood pressure dropped down so low that they had to use resuscitation drugs to keep her alive.

They flew her from Idaho to a children's hospital here in Utah.  My mom and I met the helicopter at the hospital and we found out that she had gotten worse on the life flight and was basically in a coma.

She's got aspiration pneumonia, the infection has spread to her blood and she's now septic, and she's on full chemical and mechanical life support.

Kennedy is seven years old.

And she just went in with a broken arm.

I just got home.  I'm numb, I'm so sick inside.  Please, my family and I would be so very grateful for any prayers you could say for Kennedy.

Much love!
LadyC

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #2002 on: October 25, 2007, 04:00:12 PM »

Cindy, I've been through the skeery mammo/ultrasound thing too, only I wasn't as lucky as you.  I just hope they are SURE about it being a cyst.   Huggles

Sharon, sure to be an emotional evening.  I'm glad you have such a supportive family!

Becky, Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy Birthday  

Have been having physical therapy for my shoulder the past couple of weeks.  Today he made me work.  Trying to get shoulders back to where they need to be for good posture.  Owww! Roll eyes

Thea, so glad your hairstyle is working out!  Wish we could see a picture!

Just noticed the post about Kennedy.  I am in tears.  Prayers that this little girl will heal and be back to normal asap.   Things like this should NOT happen.  Hospitals are supposed to heal people.  I'm REALLY upset about this.

Brenda, Marilyn, prayers to your niece, too.   Why do some people get so much piled on them??  It's just not fair. Huggles

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #2003 on: October 25, 2007, 04:46:25 PM »

CINDY, I am so happy and relieved that everything is alright!!  I sent you a pm!!!

MARILYN, I remember when you talked about your niece and her double mastectomy.  I felt so bad for her with all she had to handle.  How unfair and horrible that now she has more horrible issues to deal with.  Isn't there someone that can help her so she has time to take care of herself.  I feel so bad for her!!  I also saw that post about LadyC's niece.  That made me sick.  That precious little girl and how in the world did so many incompetent people get a job with these hospitals.  It is terrifying!  Have a lot of people to pray for tonight!

KAREN, read your post to Cindy, hope I'm not out of line, but did you have breast cancer?  I have my own views of mamagrams, so many different opinions of them.  I will not have them I will only have ultrasounds since most doctors will admit that they are more accurate.

THEA, glad to hear you like your haircut!  Did you have a lot of highlights put in?

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #2004 on: October 25, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »

I am headed off to read for awhile.  Looks like it is time for us to move again.  Everybody pack your suitcases!!
I hope everyone has a nice evening and sleep well!

Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #2005 on: October 25, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »

Cindy....         That's GREAT news!

Now it's our turn (Brenda and I) to ask for prayers.  We told you a few months back about our niece who had a double mastectomy because of cancer.  Tuesday morning, she had her thyroid removed because of a growth on it (they didn't want to take any chances).  Today, the doctor told her that her thyroid was cancerous with papillary carcinoma.  She has to meet with the Dr again on Monday, so please, please keep her in your prayers.  She's only in her 40's and has a special needs son.  She also takes care of her mother-in-law who is suffering from Alzheimer's, so she definitely has her plate over full.

Anyway...please keep her in your prayers....and thank you SO much!

Thanks Marilyn!  Of course I will keep your niece in my prayers.  Huggles Gosh...she has her hands full.  Please let us know how she is doing.  Can I ask what her name is?  Sometimes I think God must laugh at me when I pray for people whose names I don't know.  I know he knows who I am talking about though.  By the way...it's really good to see you! Huggles

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #2006 on: October 25, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »

Oooooooooops one more thing!!!  Hope everyone remembers to go over and post on BECKY's birthday thread!!

BRENDA, was just over reading BECKY's birthday thread and saw that picture of the cat lounging on the sofa.  BOZENA would go nuts if she saw that!!  That is one of the cutest pictures I have seen I love it!

NIGHT CINDY, I know you will sleep good tonight! 

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #2007 on: October 25, 2007, 05:41:43 PM »

CINDY!  Huggles Huggles  Prayers of thanksgiving are on their way!  I'm glad you were able to get your appointment (and your answers) so quickly.  I know how scary it is.  Early this past July, I had the mammo follow-up scare with further tests and actually had to have a stereotactic breast biopsy. THANKFULLY, the biopsy was negative, but need follow-up mammo at the end of December.  Your news makes me so happy! 

LADIES - Whether you choose mammos or ultrasounds or whatever, let's be sure to take every opportunity to have regularly scheduled exams.  THEA - your early diagnosis was a blessing (of sorts).  You still had to go through the chemo and radiation, as well as the uncertainty, but here you are!  Clapping

BRENDA & MARILYN - So sorry to hear about the further health worries regarding your niece.  She will be included in my prayers.  She sounds like an outstanding woman who lives a very unselfish life.  God's blessings! Huggles

MARILYN - Thanks for bringing the story that Lady C posted.  Oh, my . . a small child so desperately ill.  More prayers on the way ~

SHARON - So glad that you've had some great sales!  Clapping  Oh, I hope that your family meeting goes smoothly.  Some topics are difficult for families to address . . . your family is lucky to have you ~ Huggles

CHRISIE - Welcome home! Sounds like you are moving like a jet.  Love your enthusiasm!

KIM - I am amazed by your Clay drawings! wow  Also amazed by Baaaad Betty! bigsmile

Does anyone know if JEANNE has had contact with her California son??

I've not been at the computer very much . . . so I feel like I've lagged behind - (as usual)! blush

Hugs to all . . . I love all of your posts . . . I come here every day for nourishment!  Huggles

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #2008 on: October 25, 2007, 05:47:16 PM »

Marilyn - OMG...that post you brought over is just absolutely horrible.  Poor little Kennedy.  What a nightmare her parents must be going through. 

Karen - Huggles I hope I'm not imposing, but were you told you had a cyst and it ended up being cancer? I felt very comfortable with the way the tests were performed and felt they went through extremes to be sure if was nothing to be concerned with.  I'm wondering if I should be concerned though. 

Shirley - Huggles Thank you and thanks for the PM!  Enjoy your book tonight!  I hope you sleep well tonight too! Huggles

Becky - I hope you are enjoying your birthday!  Have you gotten past opening your first gift this morning yet?  (I didn't steal him...I'm just borrowing him)

Sharon - I am thinking of you...I hope your meeting is going ok. Huggles

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #2009 on: October 25, 2007, 05:52:04 PM »

wave Barbara! Huggles

Now LOOK at this! lookie  We are both here before 11:00 at night! That's a good sign!!! Purple Banana

I was very thankful that I didn't have to wait for my results.  I would have gone insane.  I'm so glad your biopsy was negative Huggles I don't like that biopsy word...it gives me goosebumps. 

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #2010 on: October 25, 2007, 05:53:08 PM »

Cindy Huggles Huggles Clapping Clapping yay yay
Mar and B. prayers coming for Sharon, she is so strong, I know she will be positive and keep her spirits hopeful and strong Huggles Huggles
Meeting went well.  My Mom surprised me tonight, we were all expecting the night to go differently.  Mom and I will go together next week to pick out she and Woody's final resting place.  She wishes to choose his casket and make funeral arrangements at another time, we of course will respect those wishes.  I am doing research to get her Lifeline, that will make her feel safer, and she still holds hope for a miracle for Woody to come home, how can you take that away, we never would.  Had some good time reminiscing tonight, Mom and all four children.  It was a special evening Baby Dust

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
« Reply #2011 on: October 25, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »

KAREN, read your post to Cindy, hope I'm not out of line, but did you have breast cancer?  I have my own views of mamagrams, so many different opinions of them.  I will not have them I will only have ultrasounds since most doctors will admit that they are more accurate.

Dear SHIRELY, I must disagree with you.  Mammograms are the best first step in detecting irregularities and abnormalitites in the breast tissue.  Then if an ultrasound is warranted, it gives the technician and radiologist an idea of what they're looking for. IMO, ultrasounds are very difficult to read, esp if there is a mass deep down in your breast tissue.   In fact, the first ultrasound I had after my first "irregular" mammogram didn't show anything, and I was then sent away from the hospital and told to "come back in a year".  And you know how the rest of the story goes.... hypnotic   Please reconsider and get a mammogram!   

THEA - your early diagnosis was a blessing (of sorts).  You still had to go through the chemo and radiation, as well as the uncertainty, but here you are! 

BARB  Huggles Huggles  And if I have anything to do with it, all of my RTM Sistah Peeps will be stuck with me for a very long time!   Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!

WHEEEEE!  Phil just came home with strawberry sundaes from DQ!!!!  We're celebrating his first day of cardiac rehab!!!   Purple Banana Purple Banana

Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #2012 on: October 25, 2007, 05:59:05 PM »

wave Sharon! Huggles

I am so glad your family meeting went well.  I was just thinking of you....I'm so glad you posted!  I also read that it was a good sales day today! Woohoo!

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2013 on: October 25, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »

SHARON! Huggles So glad the family meeting went so well. You moved part of a mountain! The subject matter was a tough one, so glad that your family was unified in handling it! Huggles

CINDY!  Yes, here we are! bigsmile   Aren't you almost ready to leave for a long trip to CT?  In a hotel with internet access, of course!  I like it when you share with us your travel experiences! Huggles

THEA !  DQ is the perfect way to celebrate!  You and Phil have the right idea!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #2014 on: October 25, 2007, 06:03:02 PM »

BARB  Huggles Huggles  And if I have anything to do with it, all of my RTM Sistah Peeps will be stuck with me for a very long time!   Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!

AMEN to that! Huggles  (and a :cheers too!)

It sounds like rehab went well with Phil!  That's great news!!  DQ sounds like a good way to celebrate!!

claydevotee
« Reply #2015 on: October 25, 2007, 06:04:48 PM »

Had some good time reminiscing tonight, Mom and all four children.  It was a special evening 

SHARON, I love your positive attitude!   Clapping  I know this had to be a very difficult evening, but you have chosen to dwell on the positive.  You're one amazing woman!!!  Not Worthy

"Grey's Anatomy" and DQ = Pure bliss!!!!  WHHHEEEEEEE!!!!
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #2016 on: October 25, 2007, 06:07:14 PM »

BARBARA - Yup....I'm leaving Wednesday morning.  My flight is at 7:00 am.  Ewwwww....I'm gonna be tired!!  I will be up there for 10 days.  I do always seem to have eventful trips!! Laughing  At least I will be able to keep up around here for a while!

claydevotee
« Reply #2017 on: October 25, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »

THEA !  DQ is the perfect way to celebrate!  You and Phil have the right idea!

And we were good----no whipped cream, but a few walnuts sprinkled on top.  Yum! 

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #2018 on: October 25, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »

Going to make some dinner for Al and I~~~fajita wraps coming up, neither of us have eaten Naughty will try to stop back in a bit bigsmile

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2019 on: October 25, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »

Well, I'm off to watch the rest of Grey's Anatomy and then "tweek" or "tweak" some minutes for an early morning meeting of the Hospital Foundation tomorrow morning ~  blush

So glad that I had a chance to visit a bit here at the RTM!

Later ~ ~

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx