gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 354
Total: 354

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK, SEPTEMBER 18  (Read 3135 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« on: September 18, 2007, 05:28:30 AM »

GOOD MORNING... Smile

American Idol favorite CLAY AIKEN will be celebrating the holidays in style at the Morris with “A Clay Aiken Christmas with Symphony.” Multi platinum recording artist CLAY AIKEN emerged from his 2003 American Idol experience with a recording contract, Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly magazine covers, and legions of loyal fans. Those fans voted him the Fan’s Choice winner at the 2003 American Music Awards as well as TV Guide’s Fan’s Favorite Reality Star that same year. His first single, “This is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water” won the Billboard Music Award for best selling single of 2003…and that was just the beginning. CLAY then hit the charts with the popular single “Invisible,” off his debut CD “Measure of a Man,” followed that up with his first Christmas CD – “Merry Christmas with Love,” and the book Learning to Sing: Hearing The Music In Your Life and his latest CD – “A Thousand Different Ways.” This is one very special concert you won't want to miss. Join us for a night of holiday classics!

MORRIS AUDITORUIM
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 05:34:29 AM »

An unlikely pop star, Clay Aiken has remained steadfast in his desire to remain true to the simple values he learned as a child in Raleigh, North Carolina. “I still live in the town where I grew up,” he says. “I like surrounding myself with people I know and love.” It is this authenticity that his millions of fans have responded to.

The singer’s third CD, A Thousand Different Ways, offers 10 cover versions of love songs, as well as four brand-new songs that are destined to become Aiken classics in their own right.

THE OMAHA SYMPHONY
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:36:47 AM »

A NEW PROMO FOR IDOL REWIND IS AT THE IDEAL IDOL

THE IDEAL IDOL

*PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS TARGET*
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:40:05 AM »

A NEW CLAY MENTION AT IDOL STALKER

Clay Aiken fans have made their presence known on this site over the past week and it made me realize that some former Idol contestants really do have huge fan bases.

I’ve decided, for now, to make Friday a “Clay Day” because that’s when I’ve put up his Face Offs. No, that doesn’t mean that this site will turn into a Clay Aiken site on Fridays. News and everything else will continue as usual, but it just means that Clay fans are guaranteed to find Clay content on Idol Stalker on that day.

IDOL STALKER
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:44:59 AM »

A SMALL CLAY MENTION HERE....

Over the last 50 years, Neil Sedaka has had countless hit singles, sold over 25 million records and authored over 1 thousand songs. He is a legendary pioneer of pop and rock music. With hit singles like "Laughter in the Rain", "Stupid Cupid" and "Breaking Up is Hard to Do", his songs are still being remade by the likes of Cher, Sheryl Crow, John Travolta, Clay Aiken, Mandy Moore and many more. Hundreds of artists have made his songs hits including: Elvis Presley, Abba, Patsy Cline, Frank Sinatra and many more.

CBC.CA
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 05:48:29 AM »

This year's honorees were, Clay Aiken, Recording Artist & Co-Founder of the Bubel Aiken Foundation, recipient of the NCLD Children's Advocacy Award; Arthur Ryan, Chairman & CEO of Prudential Financial, Inc., recipient of the NCLD Spirit of Achievement Award; and Donald Deshler, nonameblogger.D., Director of the Center for Research on Learning, University of Kansas, recipient of the NCLD Distinguished Education Achievement Award. These individuals were honored for their remarkable efforts on behalf of children, adolescents and adults with learning disabilities.
[Source]

NEW PIC AT CLAY'S DAILY DOUBLE...

CLAY'S DAILY DOUBLE
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 07:39:22 AM »

Here's an interest blog to go with your daily cup of coffee

Although ticket gathering is in full swing for Clay Aiken's 2007 Christmas in the Heartland Tour, fans are continue to enjoy the summer's "Soft Rock in a Hard Place" concerts in retrospect through abundant coffers of clack.

In her third such compilation, SmartyPantsSuz has assembled memorable video and photo highlights of the summer symphony tour with a classic montage based on "My Favorite Things" from the Rogers and Hammerstein musical "The Sound of Music."

In addition, Suz has also provided clickable versions of the video's 12 photo grids, each containing 20 pictures. That's high math, diligence, and 240 visual rewinds of summer memories.

Many thnx to Suz for creating such an amazing medium of reminiscence for CA fans. View the montage on the player here or click on "YouTube" in the lower right corner to link to the site where members can leave comments and rate the video.

Carolina on My Mind
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 07:48:42 AM »

Here's the BAF 2006 annual report.

THE BAF
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 07:51:30 AM »

WE GOT SOME CLIMMEL AS THE DAILY CHUCKLE OF THE DAY!

CLAY AND KIMMEL: REANIMATED, AND IT FEELS SO GOOD
A Skit by Pink Armchair

(Clay’s iPhone rings; he answers) 

Kimmel: Hey! How’s it goin?’ 

Clay: Purdy good…Ah’ve bin rill busy with mah— 

Kimmel (smugly): Well, I know you’ll be pleased to hear that it’s all set. 

Clay: Huh? What’s set? 

Kimmel (jovially): Oh, you’re such a kidder. The tour, of course! 

Clay: Tour? Oh! Y’mean mah holiday tour. Well, Ah think there’re a few dates still bein’ finalized, but-- 

Kimmel (impatiently): No. C’mon…y’know…THE TOUR. Hey, I told Billboard ALL about it. And USA Today. And Entertainment Weekly. And-- 

Clay (bewildered): Jimmy, Ah’m thinkin’ mebbe it’s too early in the mornin’ out thayre an’ ya haven’t had yore Starbucks yet, coss ya aren’t makin’ any sense. What tour? 

Kimmel: Clay, I think all those Krispy Kremes must be corroding your brain. You know…we talked about this once...what...a couple of months ago? (spelling it out) THE. TOUR. (silence from Clay) HELLO? Where you sing “duets and trios” with dead people? 

Clay (stifling a laugh): Ah’m sorry…DEAD people? 

Kimmel: Clay, do you mean to tell me you don’t remember agreeing to do the REANIMATED tour? Hey, I’ve got all kinds of exciting performers lined up! Well…I mean, they’re flat on their backs underground, but I’ve got ‘em lined up! (Clay cracks up laughing) Hey, they're not gonna fight you over billing, you don’t have to pay 'em, and it's a safe bet they won’t be trashing you on their official websites. (peevishly) Now, look…I’ve gone to a lot of trouble here! These pe--er--corpses had to cancel other prestigious gigs, y’know. (whining) This is very unfortunate! And after you SAID you were GAME— 

Clay (playing along, giggling): Jimmy, Ah think mah exact words were, “Boy, that's LAME!” But hey…this is fun. Fill me in on who ya got. 

Kimmel (warming up): Okay. Okay! Now, wouldn’t it be cool to sing a duet of “Over the Rainbow” with the incomparable Judy Garland? You know…with her on a big screen like Natalie Cole had when she sang that song with her dead dad? 

Clay: Judy Garland, huh? Ah don’t think so…if ya ask me, thayre’re enough folks out there who alriddy have the mistaken ahdea that Ah’m a “Friend o’ Dorothy.” (sardonically) Like a certain ex-View panelist who jest cain’t seemta let it go. 

Kimmel: Yeah…I heard about that book of hers. I guess I better get a copy and find out if she mentions me calling her as a big moose. 

Clay: Somehow, Jimmy, Ah think what you said is purdy mild compayred ta the shi-stuff The Donald was spewin.' 

Kimmel: Not to mention what Barbara Walters is probably muttering into her cornflakes right about now. But back to the Reanimated Tour. I’ve been thinking a duet with Janis Joplin might be fun. 

Clay: Ooooh, she kinda skeers me…an’ wouldn’t Ah hafta be wasted? 

Kimmel: Well, it would probably help. Or, you could do a trio with two real greats: Karen Carpenter and Mama Cass Elliott. 

Clay (nodding): Impressive, Ah agree. ‘Course…you know the old joke about them, don’tcha? 

Kimmel: Yeah…”if only they’d shared that sandwich, they’d both be alive today.” 

Clay (cringing): Ewww. Ah’m glad YOU said it, an’ not me. 

Kimmel: Well, you're the one who brought it up, ya sicko. Hey, how about singing with Bing again? That seemed to work out pretty well. We could drag Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra into it, too. 

Clay: Nah…Ah think Michael Bublé’s got dibs on that ahdea. ‘Course, he was actin’ all stoned when he told me, so mebbe he doesn’t remember. He’s a nice guy, Ah guess…but kinda weird. 

Kimmel: Hey, speaking of Bublé, I heard he told some interviewer he thinks a certain body part of his is too BIG. 

Clay: Rilly? Too BIG? (musing) Huh. Ah don’t think Ah’ve ever heard a guy say that before. Is that even possible? 

Kimmel: I don’t know…but if it’s true, I’d sure like to get some idea of what he’s talking about. 

Clay (yawns, shakes his head): Ah think Ah’ll pass. 

Kimmel (resigned): Yeah, maybe some things are better left to the imagination. Well…Sid Vicious? Kurt Cobain? Notorious B.I.G.? 

Clay (laughing): Jimmy, c’mon. Not mah style. 

Kimmel: Freddie Mercury? 

Clay (shuddering): Nope, nope, nope…Ah could never live up ta that. He’s amazin.’ Even dead, he’s a better singer than a lotta folks who’re alive. 

Kimmel: Well, at least he actually sang, as opposed to some contem-- (brightening): Hey, why didn’t I think of this before? You could go out on tour with Britney. 

Clay: But Jimmy…she’s not dead. (pause, Kimmel snorts) Oh, c'mon now...she's NOT. Although...Ah hear Simon, Paula, an’ Randy wanna work with her an’ straighten her out. (another pause, a sigh) Okay…mebbe ya better add her ta the list…

©copyright 2007 Pink Armchair

THE IDEAL IDOL-PINK ARMCHAIR

lmao lmao lmao
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:39:42 AM »

Thanks for all the news Philly!!!!!!

Climmel a hoot.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 08:43:34 AM »

Thanks for all the news Philly!!!!!!

Climmel a hoot.

Debbie

Good morning Debbie... Huggles
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx