gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:22:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK, SEPTEMBER 5  (Read 2798 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« on: September 05, 2007, 05:03:04 AM »

GOOD MORNING... Smile

Billboard's Fred Bronson will be releasing a new edition of "Billboard's Hottest 100 Hits" on October 2. 3 Clay songs, "This Is The Night", "Invisible" and "Solitaire" are in the book's top 30 American Idol songs list, according to stripedshirts at CV:

From Fred Bronson:

Billboard's Hottest Hot 100 Hits: 4th Edition coming out in Oct. 2nd will have a Clay mention in there, & a pic. You can preorder on Amazon.com

Preview from Fred on what's Clay-related in the book

"Clay has three songs in the American Idol top 30: "This Is The Night," "Solitaire" and "Invisible." The list is based on the Hot 100, and his Christmas songs didn't appear on this chart. The photo is an older one that predates the new dark hair. But it is quite large on the page and I think people will like the placement. The 4th edition is revised and expanded, so there is a lot of new material, including the top 30 songs by American Idols."

Since in the past few days there has been books discovered w/ Clay content in them, add this to your shopping list.

Order your copy of this book for $16.47 at Amazon.com.

CLAY'S DAILY DOUBLE
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »

LET'S SEE HOW ATDW IS DOING ACROSS THE COUNTRY... Smile

Daily Mediabase Update:

"Quick Cut Data"
(rolling 7 day total, all spins, all formats), followed by spins to date (total all formats, cumulative).

Here You Come Again - Unidentified format and Station

Here You Come Again Spins to Date - 20

~~~~~~~~

A Thousand Days - 0

A Thousand Days Spins to Date: 886

~~~~~~~~

Without You - 0 AC

Without You Spins to Date: 1302

~~~~~~~~

I Will Carry You - 3 AC

IWCY Spins to Date: 7193

~~~~~~~~

Invisible - 32 AC, 1 Pop

Invisible Spins to Date: 128,112

~~~~~~~~

Solitaire - 0 AC

Solitaire Spins To Date: 4395

~~~~~~~~

The Way - 0

The Way Spins to Date: 7594

~~~~~~~~

TITN - 9 AC

TITN Spins to Date: 33,418

~~~~~~~~

BOTW - 0 AC

BOTW Spins to Date: 4,599

~~~~~~~~

THE CLAYBOARD
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 05:16:00 AM »

HOPEFULLY. CLAY WILL BE ON THIS NEW CD..

'SNL' Taps Target For Exclusive Release
September 04, 2007 - Retail

By Gail Mitchell, L.A.

The first "Saturday Night Live" CD of live performances in nearly 10 years will be sold exclusively at Target retail stores, Billboard.biz has learned.

Priced at $13.98, "Live From SNL! Music Performances From Saturday Night Live" will become available nationwide Sept. 9. Culled from the show's last four seasons (2003/04 - 2006/07), the 11-track compilation features performances by Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Maroon 5, Foo Fighters and others. Distributed by Sony BMG Music Entertainment, the CD is produced by Broadway Video Entertainment and NBC Universal Video, Music & Product Development.

In a forthcoming statement being released tomorrow (Sept. 5), Target senior music buyer Sue Peterson says, "This is a great way to present these artists' frontline records in a unique format for our guests. By creating this exclusive CD, we're able . . . to further position Target as a true entertainment destination."

Adds John Ingrassia, president of Sony BMG Music Entertainment's commercial music group, "The powerful music performances on 'Saturday Night Live' have helped to establish the show as a central force in popular culture. We're pleased to be a part of this special release."

Minneapolis-based Target's chain of 1,537 stores in 47 states will display an end cap promotion specially designed to spotlight the upcoming SNL exclusive CD, as well as the featured artists' frontline records. In addition, the end cap's remaining slots will be devoted to CDs by other acts who have performed on SNL over the last few years.

Shelli Hill, VP of video, music and product development for NBC Universal Television Distribution, tells Billboard.biz that all the featured CDs will carry the same $13.98 price tag as the new SNL compilation. "Since the first SNL CD compilations were released, we have wanted to come up with a very focused promotion," she says. "We wanted something that was more than just a standard CD and to utilize the credibility of the SNL brand to bring to the forefront some top catalog items."

The first two entries in the SNL CD series of live musical performances --"Saturday Night Live: 25 Years of Musical Performances, Vol. 1 and 2" -- were general retail releases distributed by DreamWorks Records in September 1999. Available online, the two 15-track volumes featured performances by Paul Simon, Sting, Elvis Costello, TLC, Dr. Dre, Nirvana and Mary J. Blige, among others.

The revamped "Live From SNL!" series builds on Target's now five-year partnership with NBC Universal. The chain is the exclusive retailer for the company's "Sounds of the Season" holiday music collection, which includes two compilation CDs and single artist EPs by Enya, Lionel Richie and John Legend. Hill notes that new additions to the holiday series will be announced soon.

While the upcoming "Live From SNL! Music Performances From Saturday Night Live" focuses on rock performances, Hill says NBC Universal is already eyeing separate pop and R&B/hip-hop SNL compilations. A DVD component is also in the works.

BILLBOARD.BIZ
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 05:22:25 AM »

DID YOU SEE THE NEW VIDEO OF THE HOME PAGE OF THE BAF?

Because You Loved Me IS AT THE END OF THE VIDEO...gish

BAF
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 05:29:12 AM »

CLAY IS AT #16 OF THE TOP 50 LYCOS THIS WEEK.

LYCOS
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 05:33:58 AM »

A NEW POLL TO SEE....

MACK THE KNIFE, WHO IS THE BEST?

IDOL STALKER
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 05:38:13 AM »

AN INTERESTING BLOG TO GO WITH YOUR DAILY CUP OF COFFEE

WORK Virus a Possible Remedy

'The Aiken Fog' Thumps Routine

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed. I have recently had two mornings that I hope never come across the meaning of "repeat."

The first was a couple of weeks ago when my auto pilot morning routine hit snags start to finish. The coffee purists can all go "ewwww" right now, but I readily admit I perk a full pot and nuke a cup daily until I have to repeat the process. This works fine for me, and I enjoy a cup of java every morning.

CAROLINA ON MY MIND
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 05:42:25 AM »

YOUR DAILY CHUCKLE OF THE DAILY COMES FROM GETCLAYAIKEN... lmao

FROM LAUGHN OF GETCLAYAIKEN

Morning Adventures of Jennifer and Clay

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Clay wakes up to the sound of barking and pounding coming from the front of the house.

C: “Hey, would somebody get the door?!”

*pulls pillow over head and burrows under covers*

pounding continues

*throws pillow off head* “I said, why doesn’t someb….Ah crap! I’m the only one home, aren’t I? And if I am, then who am I talking to?” *sigh*

*looks at Raleigh and Durham standing in the doorway barking* "And why didn’t I train you two to do this sort of thing? Oh, that’s right. I was too busy training you…” *looks at Raleigh* “…to be cute and cuddly and you…” *looks at Durham* “…to pee on my shoes.”

pounding continues

*shouts* “All right, give me a minute!”

*mutters* “And how did whoever you are get past the security code on the gate?”

*looks over at pile of dirty clothes and picks something up* “That is disgusting.” *turns and looks at another pile of even dirtier clothing*

*pulls out a shirt from the first pile and puts it on*
*tries pulling it lower* ”What’s wrong with this thing…?” *looks down to read*

Rest Your Arm On My Head And I’ll Kick Your Ass

“Dang, I thought I gave Sean all his shirts back. Yeah, I’m coming. Keep your shirt on!”

*keeps working to pull shirt lower and mutters* “Lord knows I wish I could.”

*opens door still rubbing eyes and yawning* “Can I help you and how did you get up to my front door without the secur…?”

*stops talking and stares at the drop dead beautiful woman standing at his door*

*squeaks* “Can I help you?”

*clears throat, stands up straighter and lowers his voice two octaves* “I mean, can I be of assistance?”

Woman at door: “Pardon, monsieur. Je parle un peu, er, une minute! Je ne sais pas…er…merde!” (Pardon, Sir. I speak a little, er...one minute. I do not know...er....shit!) *holds up hand and uses fingers to show ‘little’* “…ummm…” *said in halting English* “I think I belong to you.”

C: *mind runs through every fantasy ever had of Santa leaving this woman on his doorstep and realizes none of them had her speaking French.* “Damn. I mean, I’m sorry…”

*clears throat* "I think you must have the wrong house, Miss…”

W: “Non, monsieur…ici…, er…here…” *hands Clay a piece of paper with a phone number on it*

C: *looks at number* “Hmm, this seems familiar. Didn’t I write this on a wall or something?”

W: *points to the back of the note*

C: “Ah, this is Jennifer’s number! She wants me to call?”

W: “Oui! Call!”

C: *starts patting down pants looking for phone* “Now, I just have to remember where I left my phone.”

W: *reaches forward and pulls Clay’s iPhone out of his pocket and hands it to him* *blushes* “Votre téléphone.” (your telephone)

C: *calls* “Hello, Jennifer! What’s going on? Um-hummm. Yes, she’s here now. Yes. Yes, I’m sure by just looking at her that she’s very qualified…” *gives woman another look* ”…whatever that means. What?! Wait! What do you mean you lost me in a card game? No, you can’t do that! You can’t gamble with your job here…which by the way you're dangerously close to…Do they even have Gambler's Anonymous in Monte Carlo? What?! No! She cannot stay here until you get back! I don’t care! The fact that she just broke up with her boyfriend and doesn’t have a place to stay doesn’t make one bit of difference to me. Jennifer! Jennifer, no! Don’t you hang up! Don’t…”

W: *points to pocket* “Ummm, is another iPhone?”

C: “What? No, no other phone.” *shakes head and sighs* “Listen…”

W: *still starring at pants* “Je pense je t’aime” (I think I love you)

C: “I’m sorry lady, I'm not sure you understand all this, but you can’t stay here. I’m not some sort of hotel for…”

W: *bats big brown eyes*

C: “I mean, it wouldn’t be proper and whatnot for you to be staying here and us not knowing each other and…”

W: *bats eyes even bigger*

C: “Seriously, fans would probably start writing my mom again, then I'd...”

W: *bats big brown eyes and bites lower lip*

C: *mutters* “Well, maybe there’s an empty room in here somewh…"

*feels something warm and wet and looks down to see Durham with his leg lifted*

C: “Good Lord, Durham, what’s the matter with you!?!” *hops around shaking foot* ”Listen, Lady, you’ve really got to go. As much as it pains me, you just can’t stay here. I’ll be glad to call you a taxi and recommend a good hotel, but I can't let you stay. I'm sorry. Really, I am. Good-bye”

*closes front door and hops to bathroom, picking up a towel off the floor to wipe off foot*
*tosses towel down and walks back to entryway to Durham sitting there smiling with his tongue hanging out.

"Thanks, Boy. I guess you’re not as dumb as I thought.”

tune in next time for more adventures of Clay and whomever decides to wake him up next

GETCLAYAIKEN

ROFLMAO lmao ROFLMAO
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 05:46:12 AM »

LET'S SEE WHAT IS IN THE STARS FOR CLAY..Baby Dust

Overview:
It's not a day of action -- at least not for you! Now is much better for sitting and thinking and maybe talking over big issues with coworkers or your sweetheart. Your philosophical itch needs scratching!

YAHOO-HOROSCOPE
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 07:06:43 AM »

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the news Philly!!!!!!!  Huggles  I just love the Adventures of Jennifer & Clay.  Crack me up!!!!!  lmao

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 07:11:30 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEBBIE... Huggles
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 11:03:08 AM »

wave Philly1 thanks for the News - first chance I've had to get here!

I got this eamil from a Member of the Texas Clay Fans - it is about Wrapping for Inclusion. If you are in (very) rural area as I am, I think this is a good way to be involved with WFI even if you can't help in person - all WFI chapters can use donations of wrapping materials. I have attended two preparties given by the Texas Clay Fans, and they work very hard for TBAF  Clapping

Hello Texas Fans!

In case you don’t know who I am, I am Jan Dixon and I helped give both the Houston CD Release party last year and the pre-party for Clay’s Houston concert this past July.  I think most of you know me from one of those two parties.  I know that some of you on this list who came to the pre-party are not from Texas , so if you’d like to write to me to take you name off this list of Texas fans, that would be fine.  I’ll be sure to take it off after hearing from you.  Also, if your name is on the email list twice, let me know and I’ll take one of them off.

I am writing to all of you as the Texas State Coordinator for the Wrapping For Inclusion Project for the Bubel Aiken Foundation.  This is my third year to be the coordinator, and I am really excited about getting Texas even more involved in the WFI project this year than last year.   Last year we only had two Texas cities participate…Sugar Land/Missouri and Austin .  Thanks to Agnes for doing such a great job in Austin , and thanks to everyone who helped in both of those cities.  Between the two cities, we collected over $900 worth of donations at our wrapping sites.  My goal is to double that amount this year and to add several cities where wrapping will take place….cities like Dallas and its suburbs, Houston ’s suburbs, Abilene , Beaumont , Nacogdoches , Lufkin , and many more!

BAF’s goal is to raise $100,000 through the Wrapping For Inclusion program toward the 100 camps they want to have in 2008.  I hope Texas can help them meet their goal in a big way.

What we really need right now is for people to sign up to be City Team Leaders in as many Texas cities as possible.  The city team leaders are in charge of arranging with a store(s) in your city to allow you to come in with your volunteers to wrap on arranged days. You also are in charge of finding volunteers, which could be other Clay fans, friends, family members, high school kids who maybe get credit for working on such projects, etc.   You can arrange your schedule to wrap one afternoon, one day, a weekend, or as many days as you want.  You work it into your  own schedule.  I can answer any questions that you have so as to make it easy for you to get started and to make your wrapping a success.   Feel free to email me at jandixon56@yahoo.com with any questions you have.

If you can’t be a City Team Leader, you can help with the wrapping.  We can use as many wrappers as possible as well.  I normally have 2-3 people wrapping at a time, and I schedule people to wrap 1-2 hours, depending on how many volunteers I have.

For the last 3 years, I have wrapped at both Borders Books and Barnes and Noble.   I have had a lot of success at both, so if you have one near you, that would be the first store I would check with.  They have wrapping paper and most of the supplies for you to use, and they have other groups who also wrap so they are familiar with this.  Other people have wrapped at Toys r Us, Circuit City , and Best Buy.  Just check with the manager of any store you would like to work with.  We also have a letter for the merchants where you desire to wrap.  I can tell you more about that and other forms we have once you decide this is what you’d like to do to help.

The Bubel Aiken Foundation is asking that we get our City Team Leader and wrapping location information to them by October 1.  That is just under a month, so I would need to hear from those of you interested in being a City Team Leader as quickly as possible.  I have attached for your use the following items:

Adult Volunteer Form
Minor Volunteer Form
Leadership Application Form
2007 Wrapping For Inclusion Manual

You can also go to BAF’s website to the Wrapping For Inclusion page at:

http://www.bubelaiken.org/WrappingforInclusion/tabid/162/Default.aspx

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 12:17:40 PM »

HEY FRANKIE!  Huggles wave

THANKS FOR BRINGING THAT INFO OVER. Huggles

AND I FOUND THIS OVER AT THE CLAYBOARD.

UM, IT'S CLAY'S DENTIST.

SHE HAS CLAY'S SMILE ON HER WEBSITE... Smile

SMILE CARY
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »

Thanks. Philly.