gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:22:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 458
Total: 458

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK, AUGUST 19th  (Read 2003 times)
***BLONDIE***
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:45:54 AM »

Aiken More Than A Singer, He's A Showman

By LESLIE GRAY STREETER

Sunday, August 19, 2007

WEST PALM BEACH — Clay Aiken, whether or not you are a fan of his, is pretty much considered a good singer by most people who have ears.

You also may be aware that he has a gigantic following of fans, mostly female, who might best be described as enthusiastic. But until you have seen Clay Aiken, who has described himself as Opie-like, shake his slack-clad hips and belt out Naughty By Nature's extracurricular cheating classic OPP ... well, you just don't know anything about Clay Aiken.

Admittedly most of the crowd at the Kravis Center on Saturday already knew more about him, as many of them are Claymates, the American Idol runner-up's devoted fan base and staunch defenders against criticism of his aforementioned Opieness. But even the uninitiated would have to be blind not to see that Aiken - who has an amazing range and was vocally flawless - is that rare celebrity who is both a singer and a performer, equally, even though, as he pointed out, "I am not cool."

But here are three things that Clay Aiken is:

• Clay Aiken is a funny guy. Whether leading the crowd through a medley of television theme songs, including Diff'rent Strokes and Growing Pains, or mocking his uncoolness with OPP or SexyBack (yeah, you read that right), the boy's got a comedian's timing and deft touch with a zinger.

• Clay Aiken is really talented. He is not just a whiz at the questionably sappy original songs like Into These Arms. Aiken breathed new life into I Wanna Know What Love Is, a song that hasn't been fresh since 1984, and made the theme to Perfect Strangers, which was never really all that fresh, revelatory.

• Clay Aiken is kinda sorta sexy. I'll let you chew on that.

This is not to say that the show, which featured a Michael Jackson cover and a symphony of Claymate-wielded glowsticks during Because You Loved Me, did not have its cheesy moments. Our man was sometimes basically doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.

But because Aiken revels in that, he transcends even the goofy moments into genuine entertainment, like with his cover of Bad English's When I See You Smile. He is so uncool that he sort of is. And that's a talent.

Article Link ---------> HERE

Awwww, sounds like he gave a great performance..   Clapping
ILClaymate
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 05:43:34 AM »

Thanks Blondie!!

POLL:  Favorite Songs Not on Radio - July-Aug 2007

Barry Manilow - When I Fall in Love
Clay Aiken - A Thousand Days
Taylor Hicks - Eventually
Engelbert Humperdinck- Totally Amazing
Neil Diamond - We
Eventually - Justin Guarini
With You - Josh Groban
Other (Please specify in the “comment” box below)

LOVESONGS.COM <------VOTE HERE!
ILClaymate
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 05:57:15 AM »

Here are new pics from the West Palm Beach concert last night.

PALMBEACHPOST.COM
ILClaymate
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 06:03:22 AM »

Posted by kathybeck at BB4CA:

No Best Co-Host Relly category this year

from the CH. This just verifys that Clay was the TOP Nominee!! I'll bet little miss ***ch had a say in this!!

FYI, the 2007 Rellys nominees have been announced. They have eliminated the "Best Co-Host" category. There is "Best Regis" which includes a smattering of co-hosts over the past year (including Kelly herself) and others like Neil Patrick Harris.

So no Clay as nominee as "Best Co-Host". Guess he'll have to fill that space on his shelf with something else.

The winners of DWTS that also appeared on that show were also cut from the Best Reality Winners category. I thought they should have gotten a nod too considering the "WHO?" quality of the other nominees.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 06:35:26 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE.

JUST VOTED AND CLAY IS DOWN ONE PERCENTAGE NEXT TO BARRY.

HAVE A GOOD ONE HUGS
RAINEY
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx