gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert - 8/4/07 - Los Angeles, CA - A Geek at the Greek  (Read 31291 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2007, 05:38:54 AM »

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2007, 05:41:15 AM »

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2007, 06:19:19 AM »

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT FOR CLAY.  IT IS SO LATE FOR ME TO DO THE CELLCERT BUT THANK GOD I CAN CHECK IT OUT THE NEXT DAY.  THANKS EVERYONE.

HUGS
RAINEY
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2007, 07:07:26 AM »

Look who was there!

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2007, 07:19:12 AM »

wave

Never got a chance to get here last night - sounds like another great concert - I have to say Yeah!  Clapping that Kelly was there  Clapping  I love that they are friends. When she and Clay are together it always make me think of Julie - she  really wanted them to get married  Laughing

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2007, 07:38:03 AM »

Frankie - I feel the same way.  I am glad that they have stuck together and remained friends.  Hey they started from the same place and it isn't an easy life for sure.

Hugs
Rainey
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2007, 08:56:26 AM »

Look who was there!

Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2007, 09:43:14 AM »

HELLO FROM LORRIE'S.   wave wave wave

A WONDERFUL CONCERT.  A WONDERFUL EVENING.  VOICE WAS PERFECT.  SNARK INCREDIBLE.  WHAT A FABULOUS WEEK HERE IN SUNNY CALIFORNIA.

HE JUST GETS BETTER AND HOTTER EVERYDAY.

GWENN
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »

Hi you all...here's my recap from last night...enjoy.

Glory at the Greek  

It’s noon Sunday, and I’m still in a bit of daze. Clay at the Greek…what an awesome evening…and the wonder of him performing in this historic venue…I’ve never seen him so riveting…no metal reference intended!   

California blessed Clay with our best weather…the temperatures have been mild and comfortable…Clay fans gathered outside the venue, chatting about in the late afternoon sun.  Soon, we were allowed in to settle into our seats…we were dead center about 10 rows above the pit…great for hearing a full, balanced sound.  Initially, Thea and I were preoccupied with empty seats about us, however just about all of them filled up where we were in section A … many more filled up as the evening progressed…and while I’ve read estimates of an 50 to 60 percent attendance rate, I’d put it between two-thirds and three-fourths full.  This venue is nestled in a cluster of trees…a lovely ambiance for fabulous music making.

Just as the sun was setting, the magic began…Clay bounded on out…looking ever so fine…his hair is just about All Is Well style now, and in black…oh so sexy, yeah!  I was very pleased to note that he was backed by a large, skilled orchestra this evening. [I believe an oboist I know was playing this gig]

For this particular concert, I was more personally invested in his success…it brought me back to those AI evenings…hoping ever so much that Clay would continue his trajectory into actual stardom. As I listened to him sing out this glorious evening, his appearance at the Greek struck me as an important affirmation of his place in the world of entertainment.

Thea and I had some anxious moments early on…the dry air really appears to impact Clay’s voice…and there were moments when it was notably raspy.  But, with the breaks built in to the show, he was able to put it behind him by the second half.  As I reflect, it reminds me of the collective state of mind of the Clay fandom at Merrillville last December as we all prayed for Clay to hit those All Is Well notes. 

Quiana hinted at Clay being hyped up pre-concert time…and as you read the banter, he certainly was enthusiastic to the max…fresh audience reactions to it really enhanced my concert experience…it became obvious from the gleeful laughter many were hearing it for the first time last night.  Angela’s son is just adorable…a real cutie patootie, that young man!…he wore a broad grin, his eyes were a twinkle…and Angela was the proud momma!  The boy can dance…and dance he did for the pleasure of us all.  Clay managed to engage the entire audience in standing up and getting into the energy of the ‘transformation to cool’ groove.  The Greek was a rocking at the point…I heard many sing along…many male voices…using the phrase advisedly…OH YEAH!…hee

Stand out vocals this evening were MOAM in particular, and Lover All Alone for me.  I am thrilled Clay elected to sing MOAM again…I imagine it was a fantastic moment for him when he first performed it with a symphony for the Capitol Fourth, and I’m not surprised that he wanted to enjoy performing it that way again this tour.  With these skilled musicians, that song just flowed from his whole being. Lover All Alone was no less than a work of art…the cellist was brilliant, and Clay opened his soul and caressed each note with his loving spirit. As he shared “Because You Loved Me” with his fans, the night was all aglow with pastels.  The glowsticks were distributed far and wide, and Clay was so moved by this concrete expression of affection by us.  Before he exited the stage, he paused for a bit and appeared to be savoring one last moment…bearing a look of amazement on his face…as the audience was roaring in approval. 

During Lover All Alone and Because You Loved Me, Thea and I turned to each and acknowledged a moment of awe…a gorgeous summer evening, Clay’s extraordinary musical gifts, and an audience showing the love…Glory at the Greek. Yes.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »

Just got home from LA. so justa few observations about last night then I will organize my thoughts.

First it was a beautiful setting and the weather was gorgeous just like clayharmony said. Just about a perfect temperature.

Next I think Clay's voice late in the concert was showing some wear and tear from earlier. He had some trouble hitting the high notes on  "Lover All Alone"

Did not do the line because my daughter-in-law was with me and she was not feeling well. She needed to be put to bed.
Lots of fans were waiting in the bus line.

"and while I’ve read estimates of an 50 to 60 percent attendance rate, I’d put it between two-thirds and three-fourths full.  "
 Quote from Clayharmony
I agree with your assesment.

I'll write more later when my brain revives, But for now know that Clay was funny , snarky, gracious, and his voice was magnificent.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2007, 07:33:49 PM »

Look who was there!

So maybe he was drinking the Kelly Clarkson vitamin water.  Wink  Laughing

"The last 20 feet are the hardest."
"Maybe I can rest beneath your smile."
gfx