gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Critical Mass 20 :: Riveting discussion of Clay!  (Read 217621 times)
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1980 on: October 26, 2007, 07:04:06 AM »

I AM SURE SOMETHING WILL BE SAID BY SOMEONE ABOUT THIS NOT BEING A CONCERT MAYBE EVEN CLAY ,SURELY THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEMS
Like, when Clay said, "Please don't take flash pictures--it hurts my eyes." Paranoid

I'm sorry, but having attended a few concerts, I don't have a lot of faith in some people's behavior.

I HAVE A QUESTION BE ON MY MIND FOR A WHILE SINCE HEARING ABOUT SPAMALOT, NOW DO NOT THROW TOMATOES PLEASE, DO YOU THINK THIS ROLE WILL WILL HELP THE MANNLIEST ISSUE. I KNOW OTHERS HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS. AFTER WATCHING THE CLIP I AM JUST A TAD BIT WORRIED
I don't think it will have any effect on anything, as far as what people choose to think. If someone wants to base their opinion about a personal aspect of a performer on the elements of the show he's doing, that's their problem. Costumes, scripts, lyrics, and such are superficial.

As are some people. Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1981 on: October 26, 2007, 07:08:33 AM »

2 OTHER THINGS TO DISCUSS TODAY--

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BRING OVER THE LINK, BUT I JUST SAW AT THE CH THAT DAVID FOSTER'S STUDIO WAS DESTROYED IN THE CALIFORNIA FIRES.  THAT IS A VERY SAD THING.  CHECK OUT THE LINK ON P. 29.  VERY SAD.

ALSO, FROM IDOL CHATTER AND KEN BARNES--

Rainlover at CV wrote:
Ken Barnes in Idol Chatter today...

Idol Chatter

Quote:
It continues to be encouraging to see these random threads booming -- I hope everyone settles any Clay issues that have come up -- he's a unique case in Idol annals, with a large and extremely loyal fan base, a career that is thriving but seems beset by issues with less-than-ideal guidance (and maybe regard) from his record label -- and he seems to polarize people, arguably more (and on a larger scale) than any other Idol. Without jumping into anything specific, I'll just toss in that I'd love to see him make a really good record someday. (Some will immediately respond that he already has, but not yet in my estimation.)

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #1982 on: October 26, 2007, 07:19:20 AM »

Without jumping into anything specific, I'll just toss in that I'd love to see him make a really good record someday. (Some will immediately respond that he already has, but not yet in my estimation.)

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1983 on: October 26, 2007, 07:26:14 AM »

GWENN I HAD NOT HEARD THAT DAVID' FOSTER STUDIO HAD BEEN DESTROYED. SO SAD. Huggles Huggles

I AGREE SUNNY, SOME PEOPLE ARE SUPERFICIAL, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO CLAY.BLESS HIS HEART  I REALLY DON'T THINK HE CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK,BECAUSE AS HE STATED PEOPLE WILL THINK WHAT THEY WILL WANT REGARDLESS OF WHAT HE SAYS. I JUST ADORE HIM . SEEING HOW EXCITED HE IS I HOPE PEOPLE CAN JUST GET OVER THERE ACCUSATIONS.

I THINK ALSO HE HAS MADE SOME GOOD SONGS, BUT THERE IS A GREAT ONE COMING I CAN FEEL IT IN MY WEARY BONES Laughing Laughing

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
ILClaymate
« Reply #1984 on: October 26, 2007, 07:28:34 AM »

Gwenn ~ here's the link about David Foster's fire.

CANADA.COM

Quote from: Ken Barnes
Without jumping into anything specific, I'll just toss in that I'd love to see him make a really good record someday. (Some will immediately respond that he already has, but not yet in my estimation.)

Wow, what a novel idea!  bigsmile  I'm game.

Quote from: Ken Barnes
a career that is thriving but seems beset by issues with less-than-ideal guidance (and maybe regard) from his record label

This is a very interesting observation from him.  I think most Clayfans have noticed this at one point or the other.  Hopefully there will be a change for the BETTER in the not too distant future.

NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #1985 on: October 26, 2007, 07:42:57 AM »

I have not gone into the link that Ang provided yet about David Foster but received this email from William Joseph last week, wonder if he was even here when the fire got that far!?!?!?!?!!?

Exciting news! William is feverishly working away on his follow-up record to Within, and he wanted to share some thoughts with you all:

Hello family and friends!! I am sitting at the airport right now waiting for my long flight to Europe. While sitting around anxiously I realized that it would not be right if I didn't share this upcoming experience with you. Many of you may ask... "Why is William going to Europe?". Well I will tell you "I am going to Europe TO RECORD THE REST OF MY ALBUM!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! I have been recording my piano parts with David Foster in Malibu for the last few months which has been amazing. What a great learning experience! We are now flying to Belgrade to record a 72 piece orchestra! This will nearly double the size of the orchestra from the last album!! I am absolutely thrilled with the direction this album has taken. I wish I could make a few of the songs available for you to download RIGHT NOW but... That's pretty much impossible. The goal is to release the album early next year. I can't wait!!!!

Stay close by and I will keep you posted,
William Joseph

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #1986 on: October 26, 2007, 08:01:43 AM »

woops.....

Let me continue...

I agree with Ken Barnes' comments..

As for the last quoted one...

It seems to me in the record industry as it is today I would not measure an album's  quality by the success it has made in the industry.

I question the ethics, the skill set of those who "critique", the motives of all participating interested parties, and the need to patronize the boorish, tasteless record buying public at large that exists today.

Those soothsayers who know are all predicting the CD and music industry as we know it is quickly becoming obsolete anyway... Gone with the PONY EXPRESS....Computer downloading is the future...

Who can configure how and what "recorded music" will morph into???

An ENTERTAINER will always be AN ENTERTAINER....

Clay is hedging his bets and being really smart in his career moves..

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1987 on: October 26, 2007, 08:06:59 AM »

I agree with Glory.  Clay has made some good records, which could have sold even better if he had gotten proper support from his record label, his publicist, and some decent radio play.  However, now that's a mute point.  I'm hoping that his next CD is his shining glory.  He seems excited about it, so I'm staying very positive.  

As for his role in Spamalot, I'm not worried.  No one can say anything that hasn't been said a million times over.......doesn't make it true (TM CA).  It's obviously not bursting Clay's bubble, so I'm not going to let anything or anyone burst mine.  If people are that ignorant, shame on them!  

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1988 on: October 26, 2007, 08:28:21 AM »

YEP MICKI I AGREE  IF CLAY IS HAPPY THATS WHAT COUNTS, Clapping

fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #1989 on: October 26, 2007, 09:35:38 AM »

My parents saw Spamalot while they were in London (they returned yesterday). They brought back a program for me (though it is still packed at this point). Right after they saw it, they asked me which part he would be playing. When I told them, they said it would be good. There are a couple of other characters that are more toward the non-manly side (not quite sure how to phrase it). I personally have not seen the play or any of the clips, but that is from what they told me.

As far as their review, my mom did like it a lot and she is not a fan of Monty Python.  bigsmile

"The last 20 feet are the hardest."
"Maybe I can rest beneath your smile."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1990 on: October 26, 2007, 10:03:18 AM »

AGREED, GLORY.  IF CLAY IS HAPPY AND EXCITED, THEN SO AM I.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1991 on: October 26, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »

the Claymates,
             It"s so nice to see Clay really happy, he really deserves it!. Sometimes we forget that he is an intelligent young man and we must
     give him credit for knowing what he is doing. I also  hope the Claymates who are lucky enough to see the show will remember the way
     we behave, reflects on Clay.Don"t give ammunition to the haters. He knows we love him, lets show him in a dignified way.

Betty

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #1992 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:29 PM »

the Claymates,
             It"s so nice to see Clay really happy, he really deserves it!. Sometimes we forget that he is an intelligent young man and we must
     give him credit for knowing what he is doing. I also  hope the Claymates who are lucky enough to see the show will remember the way
     we behave, reflects on Clay.Don"t give ammunition to the haters. He knows we love him, lets show him in a dignified way.

Betty

Betty . . . Clapping Clapping Huggles

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1993 on: October 26, 2007, 01:46:17 PM »

I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A PICTURE OF LINCOLN CENTER WHERE CLAY WILL BE TONIGHT, I GOOGLED IT BUT AM NOT SURE WHICH BLDG, IT IS IN, THANKS

ILClaymate
« Reply #1994 on: October 26, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »

I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A PICTURE OF LINCOLN CENTER WHERE CLAY WILL BE TONIGHT, I GOOGLED IT BUT AM NOT SURE WHICH BLDG, IT IS IN, THANKS

Here you go, Glory.  Its the square building on the right.

LINCOLN CENTER

OR THIS ONE

Krista ~ thats great info from your parents about Spamalot in England.  I'm glad they had a good time.
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1995 on: October 26, 2007, 02:40:02 PM »

THANK YOU CLANDY.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1996 on: October 26, 2007, 03:14:38 PM »

I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR CLAY TO BE SINGING AT LINCOLN CENTER EVEN IF IT IS ONLY ONE SONG.  I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE BUT EVERY TIME I PASS IT, I THINK 0F CLAY.  I HOPE HE SINGS MORE THAN ONE SONG, BUT I BET IT WILL JUST BE SOLITAIRE.

OOOOOOOH SOLITAIRE WITH AN ORCHESTRA.  WE HAVE NEVER HAD THAT BEFORE. wow wow wow wow wow I WISH I WERE THERE.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1997 on: October 26, 2007, 03:28:59 PM »

GWENN I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING WE ARE THERE IN SPIRIT, I WONDERED WHY YOU DID NOT GO. Huggles

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1998 on: October 26, 2007, 04:16:13 PM »

I AM GETTING A COMPLEX ABOUT KILLING THIS THREAD. Paranoid ROFLMAO

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1999 on: October 26, 2007, 04:17:59 PM »

GLORY--I SAVED MONEY FOR THE SUMMER TOUR AND DID EVERYTHING I WANTED TO DO.  WENT TO CALIFORNIA, DID FLORIDA, MET HRH.  BUT, ALAS, THE MONEY IS GONE AND NOW I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL.  I SO WANTED TO GO TONIGHT.  I WANTED TO DO THE ICE SKATING THING IN VEGAS.  BUT THE MONEY IS GONE.   SO NOW I HAVE TO DEPEND ON CLACK.

Cry! Cry! Cry!

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx