gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I didn't report Clay's toes to the FBI, Philly's Meet & Greet recap....  (Read 10520 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« on: July 18, 2007, 09:12:20 PM »

Hey there, wave

It's PhillyluvsClay AKA THERESAK923 or Philly for short.

So, let's begin recapping.

I'm going to start at the very beginning, including heat and humidty that greeted as I waited for my pass to the meet & greet. ( The founder of Philadelphia decided to put us between  two rivers, so, go figure!) And of course I had such a chuckle looking at that pass!

This is how it when between the time of 5:45 P.M. and 6:10 P.M.

Sweating while looking at my watch...

Um, did I mention I was sweating?  No one came to get us.  An event staffer came to the gate and told us we had to over through the main gate.  We went through the main gate and still didn't see anyone.  Luckily, I saw Jerome and we ran over to him.   He smiled, " There are my ladies" And he counted us and led us to the back  where there was nice patio furniture and us to stay right there while he got everything prepared for us. He chuckled " I have to closed a few doors."

We decided to sit on the patio furniture and within a few moments, Jerome came back and led us through the back of the Mann center to a beautiful room with luxurious brown leather sofa and two matching chairs and a covered piano, a great spread of food and beverage. The room was nicely air conditioned.  Gwenn and myself were seated at the leather chairs. One of the other contest winners sat at the piano chair while the others sat on the sofa.  As Gwenn said, Jerome gave us the no hugs rule and told us Clay would be in five minutes. But in the same breath also said " It was more likely about another fifteen mintues"

During this second period of waiting we all was relieved that all of us were nervous wrecks and joked about that Clay was probably still sleeping on the bus. And also the room was partially mirrored,  looking in the mirror, we redid our makeup too! ( anything for Clay, right?)

Finally, at 6:50  Jerome entered again, followed by Jaime and Clay!   

When Clay enters the room his smile electrifies everything that touches it's path!  He was humorous from the very begining! He immediately snarked at Jamie. " Where is my seat?"

Then Clay grab the end table and said "It's okay, I'll sit on this"  I sat to the right of him.. wow  He started with me ask where we all lived.. wow After we all told him where we lived , he immediately pointed to the meet & greet pass that was on my shirt and said " We decided start with this particular pass with the Philadelphia group. That is my grandfather's tractor and I took that picture on his farm"  Then He looked to see that everyone and their pass on, and one of us didn't and gave the teacher look.  She did quickly put it on.   

Then he as if we go on the internet and if we knew each other. Both Gwenn and myself raised our hands, and said we knew each other, then Gwenn said "Clay, my very first phone call about you was from Theresa.  Then Clay snarked me. " Did you know her before you called her about me?"  I shook my head no and then gave me very snarky look and said " So you just randomly dialed 10 digits?"  I laughed, and basically said "yes"  Laughing

Clay did say he arrived on Monday, and mention how awesome thought the Mann orchestra was and marvel at the sax player that he was really good.  Then I can't remember who asked if Clay visit the King Tut exhibition that is currently in Philadelphia? He said "No.'

Then he asked us to blog and sent out the message that he wanted the next meet & greet winners to wear purple tops, he was very curious if we could get the message out.

At this time Gwenn's cell went off and Teacher Clay gave her a look, we all laughed and said we turned our phones off,  then  Clay said his cell would probably go off too and it did and we laughed.

He also talked about a nasty letter a fan gave to Quianna, and whispered a cuss word ever so slighty, and he plan to read the letter tonight, I wonder if he's going to use that letter through the concert tour.

Then Clay mention his favorite song to sing on this particular tour was " These Open Arms" And then he turned to Jerome and asked if what was his favorite song? Jerome replied "The Way." He also said " He never get tried of singing Invisible"

Then I meekly raised my hand to ask a question . (Yes, I know everyone would be highly amused me being meek, Ha!) As everyone knows, I have often written about my sister Cathy who is mentally retarded and has cerebral palsy.  So I asked  "Will the BAF, branch out to offer adult programs?"

Clay replied, " At this present time no, but as Michael Bubel progresses to adulthood he wanted to the BAF to grow with him in the future and provide work programs for adult inclusion."

Then I asked a lightheart question.  Well, first I must mention that being born and raised in Philadelphia, I know one of two things, We basically vote Democrat and we're addicted "Tastykakes"  Yes, this is our way of being addicted to refine sugar.   Laughing   So, I decided before the meet and greet that I would give Clay "A Taste of Philadelphia" and give him a basket of "Tastykakes"  So, getting back to my light hearted question. I asked Clay, "Have you ever eaten a Tastykake before?"   He look down took a big gulp and said. "No"   Then I gave him the basket and said "Here's your opportunity!" He sternly looked at me and said "You know, I'm allgeric to Chocolate and Tree Nuts , did you look at the fine print?' And I said "There's no chocolate or nuts in there"  Then he went through all the cakes checking the labels, he said. " You know it's by law that a factory must list all the ingredients of their packages, you really have to check the fine print" Then he show us this does state it may have peanuts in their product, but he said he could eat it becuse he's not allergic to peanuts. Then he handed the basket to Jamie.  bigsmile

Then it was time for signing our one item, I choose my "official" Clay Aiken Club picture from year one, I was the last one to have it sign and I said " I'm Theresa with a "H"
As Clay signed my picture I nevrously mumbled out I had two pictures of my sister and article I had written about her, He told me to hand it to Jaime and he would read it on the bus. Smile

Then after everything was signed,  He popped out and said "Time to take our prom pictures ladies!!"  Laughing

I was the third one,  I place my hand in his, and melted like chocolate, he does have the softest hands and we were cheek to cheek too. * Thuds*

Then after all the pictures were taken, He thanked us all and then quickly shook our hands!

I felt so blessed to have the opportunity to meet Clay personally and share it with Gwenn, it was beyond perfection!

And inclusion, I would like to say..." Yes, I think Clay Aiken's tractor is pretty darn sexy!"

Love ya

Philly

Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »

Philly ~ that IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOO GLAD YOU GOT TO MEET HIM!!! wow wow Clapping Clapping Clapping
IM STILL JELOUS! HAHAHAHA I WOULD SO NOT LIKE STOP CRYING BECAUSE I BE HAPPY BUT THEN I WILL BLURT OUT "I LOVE YOUR HOT BROTHER" HAHAHAHHA lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

ANYHOW I AM SOO HAPPY YOU GOT TO MEET THE SEXY GUY AND THANKS FOR SHARING!!!! Huggles

Love ya lots girl
Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:33:54 PM »

Theresa
What a wonderful time you had.
I enjoyed reading your M&G.
I am glad you got to talk to Clay about Cathy.   Interesting  answer about adult inclusion programs.

Huggles

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:08:54 AM »

Great recap, Ms Philly!!  Clapping Clapping Clapping

Thanks for sharing. Hug

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06:44 AM »

Philly
I loved the recap!  I am so happy for you.  I am curious about those TastyKakes.. I will have to google them and see what they are all about.

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 03:18:50 AM »

Theresa, that was an amazing recap!  So glad you got your moment with Clay, too! 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 03:43:43 AM »

Great recap Theresa.  After meeting you oh so many years ago I applaud you my friend. Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping  You were such a lady. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  So very happy that you finally got that close to our honey. 

Hugs
Rainey
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 04:44:38 AM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping I'm so happy that the Meet and Greets are finally as they should be - what a great opportunity - and how wonderful for you to be able to share it with Gwenn- something you will never forget! Great recap!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 05:04:45 AM »

Theresa with an "H"!!  I am soooo happy for you!!  That was a moment you will never forget!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 05:18:06 AM »

Mah Philly girl Huggles Huggles you are one special lady!!!  I read your re cap with such delight, how neat to mention Cathy and inclusion Theresa, I know how very close to your heart that is Huggles
So glad you and Gwenn got to share the Clay love together, a moment in time dear lady that you will never forget Huggles

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 05:58:27 AM »

Philly!   Huggles

I loved your recap.  What a magical day for you.  The Tastykakes were a great idea.  I bet he loved them.

Then Clay snarked me. " Did you know her before you called her about me?"  I shook my head no and then gave me very snarky look and said " So you just randomly dialed 10 digits?"  I laughed, and basically said "yes"

Don't you just love snarky Clay!  Laughing

Thanks so much for sharing with us.   Smile

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 06:04:26 AM »

Philly, anyone from Philly should have won and I am so glad you did!!!!  It is such an experience to meet with Clay.  He is snarky, cute and always a step ahead of you when you are talking.   He always has the answers!! Laughing   I loved the Clay pass you girls wore.    He must have loved that!  You are a true fan, Philly, and I am sure you will never forget the day you met Clay Aiken up close and personal.   Good job!!!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 06:09:19 AM »

THERESA- WHAT A GREAT RECAP!! IT MUST HAVE BEEN FUN TO TALK TO HIM ONE ON ONE. I LOVE HIS SENSE OF HUMOR~!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 06:20:27 AM »

Philly this is wonderful.  Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!! 

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 06:36:16 AM »

Thanks for the recap, Philly!

You're still floating, aren't ya? Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 06:40:21 AM »

Philly it sounds like a wonderful, wonderful night! Thanks for the recap hon!

So glad you had your moment with Clay!  Purple Banana Huggles

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
ILClaymate
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 06:40:58 AM »

Great recap, Phillygirl!!  So many great details!  I'm not sure I would be able to remember past the first 5 minutes.  Laughing  I'm very happy that you had this once in a lifetime experience.  goo
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 07:25:18 AM »

PHILLY, your recap was worth waiting for, excellent job!!  I can feel your heart pounding  Laughing as you were writing this.  I am so happy you had this opportunity and will have these memories forever!   Huggles

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »

Philly honey!  Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

wow You are a lucky lady and I am so happy for you. I could almost feel his hand as you were describing the scene.  Clapping Huggles Cheek to Cheek!  Thud! Love ya and you so deserved this!

Shaikey

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
franniek54
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 09:33:11 AM »

Philly, your recap is great!

But the glow on your face was what really said it all!  wow   I just feel honored to have been there with you, and to touch the hands that touched Clay's, and then touched me.   blush 

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx