gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 413
Total: 413

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert 7/7/07: Tusslin' with Clay in Tulsa!  (Read 57683 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2007, 08:16:52 PM »

Just Great... Purple Banana Thud!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »

Much as Lover All Alone bring tears to my eyes...this last one is the one that is going to do me in...when I go to hear him...

Me too, Johanna, that is my favorite song on the CD

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2007, 08:18:15 PM »

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sometimes I just love technology!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Claynadian#1
« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2007, 08:18:55 PM »

OMG , my ear is still killing me also .  I dont know if it is just me but I sometimes feel like they get to sing too much !!   It may be harsh, but honestly I dont feel they should get solos that are a full length.  Little tidbits here and there and background is more than fine, I just dont really want to hear full songs.
Maybe Clay likes the vocal break it gives him.

You know what, I guess I never really thought of it that way.  He is very generous in sharing the spotlight.  I am very glad those girls have stayed around, they have become like family to all of us who keep going to the concerts.  
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »

And we're out gang!

Special super duper thanks to Marilyn for bring us the call tonight!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2007, 08:21:11 PM »

Great concert!  Fabulous cellcert !

Thanks to those who made it happen! Huggles Huggles

It was fun spending time with Claymaniacs  . . . and the singing guy with the long legs!  blush

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Claynadian#1
« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2007, 08:22:11 PM »

Thanks everyone ...its been a very fun night !!   Purple Banana
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2007, 08:22:49 PM »

wave guys!!!

I just called in, but all I heard was static, so I think I am too late.  Hope everyone had GREAT fun!!! 
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »

Great cellcert tonight and Clay sounded amazing. Thanks to Marilyn for letting us listen in and thanks Susy, Philly, Heather and Pamela for the reports. See you all back here on the 17th from Philly.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #309 on: July 07, 2007, 08:23:59 PM »

Thanks Susy and everyone who helped out tonight.  Those of us who can't join in on the phone especially appreciate it.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Won't see you for the next one -- I'll be there              

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2007, 08:25:32 PM »

Thanks Susy and Marilyn for a great cellcert!
 Huggles Clapping Clapping
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »

Won't see you for the next one -- I'll be there              
Show-off! Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2007, 08:31:14 PM »

Per CV Cellstream, Clay try to make Jesse do the moonwalker after Beat it... Jess to shy to do it...
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2007, 08:36:11 PM »

Per the CV Cellstream, Clay will come out to shake hands..
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »

It's reported that the line is now 4 blocks long... Paranoid
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2007, 08:42:08 PM »

Apres show report from the CH cellcerter - the orchestra members were smiling and laughing the whole time (unlike last night apparently!) Laughing and Clay mentioned his high school prom date was from nearby Bixby, OK and that when he was younger he had a bulldog named Bixby.

There is clack...hee!

Clay did mention that he accidentally cussed at the meet and greet...the cellcerter says that Clay was wired from his weird day and was very chatty.  The audience was also chatty, as we heard.  But even though people were yelling out during the whole show, during LAL, everyone was respectfully quiet for the duration.  Bravo.

Evidently lots of people got up to go to the restroom while Quiana was still singing her solo to close out the first half.  Boo!

Now they are debating whether or not his tummy is really poochy or it's just the fabric.  Hee!

Clay now has 10 days off, during which he will be singing at and/or attending the wedding of a friend (for 10 days?!?!) and who knows what else.

A huge thanks to Frankie, and Marilyn and Susy, Michelle, Heather, Clandy and Philly - and everyone else who shared their evenings with us the past few nights - y'all are the best!

We'll resume our cellcerts on July 17 from the Mann in Philly.  Where I should be but I won't be!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

THANK YOU CLAY!  And good night. 

Stay tuned for any pics etc we might find!

ETA 12:15 AM - Just spoke with Marilyn, and she said Clay was really "on" tonight! Especially during the classics medley....hee! Here's a cute story she shared - They met a girl yesterday named Erica, and Houston was her first Clay concert.  They were all talking to Jerome, and he asked her if she was going to Tulsa, and she said no, because she didn't have a ticket.  Another girl there said that she had an extra ticket for Tulsa, so Jerome said "well, how's she going to get there?"  Of course Marilyn and Meesa offered to take her!  The ticket was in row U, and Jerome said that wasn't close enough, and that he would leave her a better ticket at the will call office in Tulsa.  And he did.  He also told her to give her row U ticket to someone further back, so they could also be closer.  Awww!  Marilyn and Meesa drove from Houston to Dallas, picked up Erica, and then drove to Tulsa for tonight's concert.  They might have slept for an hour or two....Oh, and they also had a blow out on the Interstate and got in some deep water while driving down the service road after getting AAA to fix their tire.  Yikes!  They are OK, but I don't know about the car.... Smile  Stay safe out there y'all.  I almost forgot - they got to shake Clay's hand after the show. Evidently they were lucky enough to be at the beginning of that four block long line.

And....good night.

©dc4clay
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2007, 10:18:24 PM »

GO CHECK OUT MY STORY!!!!!! THE TOPIC IS: MY STORY ABOUT MY 1ST EXPERINCE!!! Wink

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »

HEY FOLKS- I AM SIGNING IN FROM THE HOTEL IN TULSA- MY FLIGHT LEAVES TOMORROW AT 1:00. BECAUSE I USED MY RAPID REWARDS, I WAS BLACKED OUT FOR FLIGHTS TODAY.

THIS HAS BEEN SUCH AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE, BOTH WITH CLAY AND WITH MEESA AND THE OTHERS. I WILL POST MORE WHEN I GET HOME.

CLAY WAS SO FUNNY LAST NIGHT- I THINK THE INCIDENT HAD HIM WIRED UP, BUT I LOVED IT!! AT ONE POINT HE CALLED DOWN A WOMAN WHO WAS TEACHER TO SHAWN, THE DRUMMER, AND HE KNELT DOWN ON THE STAGE TO POINT THE MICROPHONE AT HER AND HE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!! THE POOR THING WAS SWEATING BULLETS BUT HE REFUSED TO TAKE OFF HIS JACKET BECAUSE HE SAID HIS ARMPITS WERE SWIMMING!! Laughing Laughing

I THINK HE IS JOKING ABOUT NOT KNOWING THE WORDS TO "THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL" BECAUSE HE MOUTHED THEM WHEN HE POINTED AT THE MIC FOR US TO SING. AND WHEN WE SANG "YOU REALLY TURN ME ON" HE SAID "THANK YOU!!!""

THE OTHER THING THAT STUCK IN MY MIND WAS WHEN HE WAS EXPLAINING HOW "LOVER ALL ALONE" CAME TO BE- HE WENT THROUGH THE " I AM NOT A WRITER" BIT BUT HE SAID THERE MAY BE MORE!!!!

AND I GOT TO SQUEEZE HIS HAND WHEN HE PASSED BY!! Thud!
ALSO, IN ALL FAIRNESS TO THE ERICA STORY- THERESA WAS WITH US AND SHE HAD THE EXTRA TICKET- I TOLD JEROME WE WERE GOING TO TULSA (WE TALKED TO HIM A LOT AFTER HOUSTON AND BEFORE CLAY CAME OUT) BUT MEESA AND HER FRIEND BEVERLY BOTH DROVE, AND THEY BOTH AGREED TO TAKE ERICA WITH US. SHE RODE WITH ERICA, THERESA, AND LEANN BECAUSE MEESA'S CAR IS SMALLER AND  BEV HAD AN SUV-WHICH HAD A DVD PLAYER IN THE BACK. SO MEESA CONTRIBUTED HER  VAST ARRAY OF CLACK FOR ERICA TO SEE ON THE WAY!!
AND.............AFTER THE CONCERT, WHILE WAITING FOR CLAY, JEROME CAME AND TALKED TO US, AND WE WERE SOLICITING A RIDE BACK TO DALLAS FOR ERICA- AND THE CLAY FANS CAME THROUGH AGAIN- A WOMAN VOLUNTEERED TO DRIVE HER BACK!!!
ERICA STAYED IN THE HOTEL ROOM WITH BEV, THERESA, AND LEANN, AND THEN MEESA, AMANDA AND I STAYED IN ANOTHER ROOM.

WE ARE NOW TRYING TO TALK ERICA INTO GOING TO PHILADELPHIA!!!
AND POSSIBLY ASHEVILLE!

HAVE TO SIGN OFF FOR NOW, BUT ITS BEEN AN AMAZING JOURNEY, GOOD AND BAD, AND I WOULDNT TRADE ANY OF IT FOR ALL THE TEA IN CHINA!!

CATCH YOU ALL LATER

Huggles Huggles

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2007, 07:38:56 PM »

I THINK HE IS JOKING ABOUT NOT KNOWING THE WORDS TO "THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL" BECAUSE HE MOUTHED THEM WHEN HE POINTED AT THE MIC FOR US TO SING. AND WHEN WE SANG "YOU REALLY TURN ME ON" HE SAID "THANK YOU!!!""

What a brat.  Wink

Thanks for the great update Marilyn!  So happy you and Meesa had a blast.

Posted by pkmiller at CV.

received the following email from Johnny B at the Brady Theater in response to my email thanking him for booking Clay. I also asked if it was always that hot in there. He said I could post this but please don't bombard him with emails again.

It was a great show. It didn’t sell out, but like I told Clay on the phone yesterday – every person there had the time of their lives.
Normally it isn’t that hot in the Brady, but I think the combination of a hot summer stretch and 2000 screaming, ecstatic women may have raised the temperature a bit.  I can honestly say that, in the hundreds on concerts I’ve done, I have never seen so many fans wait (and wait so patiently) for a quick handshake after a show. That was a pretty cool sight to see.  We get along really well with Clay’s agency and management team (whom we work with on other artists as well) and I am sure we will bring Clay back in the future. 
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2007, 07:42:52 PM »

OMGOSH SWAEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM LIKE SO GOING TO IT WHEN HE COMES BACK Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!
HAHAHA I GUESS MY LINE WAS TRUE! WE DID ROPE HIM UP! YAYAYAYAYAYA yay Laugh

thanks pam! Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: